One Less Horse
It had taken time, traveling through the woods. With all the animals the already bulky wagon was forced to take even longer routes, needing smooth open paths so Amy wouldn't lose any more merchandise by accident. She couldn't say she wasn't relieved to find herself dealing with one less horse, but it had still cost her to get the dumb beasts in the first place, and Amy would get what they were worth, or someone would pay dearly.

Standing at the border where she'd successfully traded away her arctic slave Amy howled. She hoped to make another deal with the same wolf, not too sure of the welcome of others. It didn't specifically matter though, and she would carter to whoever answered her call.
Ayasha had decided that she needed to get a horse. As much as she liked Inez, it would another year before she could ride him and scouting would be much easier with a horse. Plus the more rebellious side of her knew that it would make leaving easier. She wasn’t even sure where she could get a horse that was already broken in. But she would continue her patrolling nonetheless.

A howl caught her attention and she headed for the borders. She was in a rather social mood right now and wasn’t as mad at her mother. So whoever it was would get a non-angry Ayasha. She approached and saw that it was a gold colored dog with a wagon full of stuff and most importantly for her: horses. She was pretty sure that this woman was a trader.

She adjusted her bag of carvings that she carried with her and came to a stop a respectable distance away from the wagon and female. ”Hello. I’m Ayasha. What brings you to AniWaya, miss?” Her tone was curious but polite. Her eyes kept wondering unconsciously to the horses and she wondered how she could afford a horse. There was always her carvings, which she wasn’t sure if they were any good.
A young white wolf approached her. It seemed a bit unusual for Amy to be running into so many young canines. Was this her feeling her age, or something else? Amy didn't feel that old, only three years. Yet the seriousness and energy of the wolves Amy found herself running into was astounding. Still, a customer was a customer. Amy would treat this female just the same as she would anyone: mercilessly. The wolf drew near, and Amy studied the bag. Were there possible trade items in there?

A grin broke out on her face as the wolf introduced herself as Ayasha. Hello. My name is Amy. I've traded here before, and was hoping to do so again. Do you see anything to your liking Ayasha? Amy noted the direction of the female's gaze, and smiled happily. If things went well Amy would have gotten rid of another horse, something she very much craved. They took a lot of effort to care for, and even with Hadley doing the main interactions Amy's patience was wearing thin. They were broken in enough to ride, but still wild enough that they put up a huge fuss. None of them were gelded either.
Ayasha saw Amy study her bag and she instinctively held it closer before she realized how silly that was and let go of the tight grip that she had on it. But she didn’t think she imagined the hungry look in the other’s eyes as she looked at the bag. But as a trader, it had to be in her nature. Though the other trader she knew, Bangle was nothing like this one. But that was the only comparison she had.

Amy seemed to know what she liked and she had to smile. ”It’s nice to meet you, Amy. I rather like the horses you have.” She gave them another glance and saw a cream colored one she liked. It would seem that they all were male and relatively healthy. ”Can you tell me more about your horses?” She knew a little bit about horses and could tell some things about them but hoped Amy could tell her more, and wouldn’t lie to her.

She also wondered how many of her carving she could possibly trade for a horse. It would depend a lot on the trader’s mood and price. But she was eager to own the cream colored stallion. He seemed a bit calmer than the rest of the stallions. And there was something that drew her to that horse. She just hoped she didn’t seem to eager to own him.
It was foolish for Ayasha to pull her bag in closer, indicating that she was afraid Amy would take what was held inside. Still, it stroked Amy's ego to know that the wolf was cautious of her, even on the borders of her own pack. Smiling gently she listened as Ayasha did, indeed, indicate towards the horses. It was such a relief that Amy barely was able to hold back a sigh. Amy certainly knew the uses of horses; after all she had one herself to pull the wagon. Dealing with such wildness without the time to break them, however, had almost broken her.

Amy followed Ayasha's line of sight back to a cream stallion. She clicked her tongue, and Hadley stepped out to bring the horse forward. It truly was a beautiful beast, in it's prime at just three years of age. Many years of work could be gained from it, and it would be loyal. Studying it Amy ran through the horse's attributes, measuring it's worth. She hadn't spent enough one on one time to be able to give an exact estimate of what it could do, but her merchant eyesight was good enough to allow her to take it in on a glance.

This one is just about three years old. Prime age for riding and breaking it in. All of them have been trained to carry a saddle, and the formation of the horse is very good. It even has shoes. Amy indicated at the stallion, letting Hadley lift the hoof and reveal the horseshoe attached to it. It's ungelded, which means it has a very strong spirit. It's attachment will be fierce and strong, difficult to break. Amy left out the fact that she'd never ridden the horse herself, or that most of it's history was unknown. She also 'forgot' to mention that him being a stallion would make him difficult to control, and that there would be a fight every single time a mare was involved.
She saw that Amy’s smile became gentle as she said that she was interested in a horse. She thought Amy nearly sighed but she was likely wrong. What reason would the trader have to sigh? Though the horses might be a bit of a pain to care for. She definitely knew that. She wasn’t in charge of the horses in AniWaya but she spent quite a bit of time around them before the war.

Amy had her assistant bring the one she had been looking at and started to talk about its attributes. She saw the horseshoes were put on correctly and nodded in thought. She slowly approached the horse and it seemed to like her. He was a bit wary of her but didn’t attack her or really move towards her or away from her, which was promising.

She knew that stallions were a bit more difficult to handle but wasn’t sure why Amy didn’t tell her. There was no way that she could have known that Ayasha knew anything about horses. But she gave a mental shrug and turned to Amy. ”Does he have a name and what would you like for him? I have a bag of carvings that I have made.” She opened her bag to let Amy inspect her workmanship.
Amy's tail wagged as Ayasha settled on the horse. The item was put up. Now all that was left was the negotiation. Hearing the wolf's words Amy shook her head. He has no name that I've given him. It's free for you to choose. Her own horse didn't have a name, as Amy felt that it was pointless to name property. The only reason why Hadley still had his is because he came with it. Even then Amy rarely used it, instead commuting her orders with a gesture or a noise. There could be no mistake to who she was referring to, after all.

Delicately Amy took the bag, sorting through the carvings. Some of them were nice, such as the carving of a howling wolf. Others were more simplistic, a simple series of interconnecting symbols. If it was for something else, Amy would easily agree to the trade. Even if it wasn't fantastic workmanship the carvings were still decent and would fetch a good price. A horse, however, was definitely worth more than that. Not just on it's own, but for the trouble Amy had suffered caring for it. I'm afraid this is insufficient. I can give you the horse in exchange for a promise though.
OOC: Dichali is not visible or audible to anyone but Ayasha and the horse. Want to have one more post each to finish?

IC: At hearing that the horse didn’t have a name, Ayasha frowned and wished she knew Low Speech so she could ask the horse his name. As if on cue Dichali came by and a lit on her shoulder, unseen by all but her. ”I can find out if he has a name and what it is?” She gave a nod but a barely noticeable one. She needed to talk to him about some things soon.

He flew off and talked to the horse and after a few moments, he came back. ”He says his name is Ahuli.” She mulled his name over and liked it. It meant drum and she could tell that he would be a steady companion like the beating of drums. ”I think I’ll name him Ahuli.” The horse gave a neigh of agreement and walked over to her and gave her a nudge.

Amy looked over her carvings and she was a little nervous about it. She petted the horse on his forehead and nose. Amy was soon done and said that she’ll allow the horse to be hers for a promise. She was a bit disappointed that her carvings weren’t enough but a horse was rather expensive. She cocked her to the side and asked, ”What promise do you want?”
OOC: That'll be fine

IC:

Amy smiled with pleasure. It's a promise that someday I'll come and ask you to do something for me, and when that day comes you'll do it. Not anything major, of course, but something such as delivering a message for me, or watching some of my merchandise. A message could hold more than a messenger knew, that was true, and her merchandise didn't always contain the safest items. Still, it was relatively small considering the range of things that Amy could ask for, and the chances of it being something dangerous was miniscule. She liked being the one to deliver the punishment herself, after all.

If you're ready, please, repeat after me. Amy paused, waiting for the small female's full attention. By my blood, I promise to gift you a message or watch. By my kin I will deliver what you ask of me. By my soul I swear that I will not break this, and fulfill the task you grant me. The wind stirred in recognition of the oath's power. This was not one people would find easy to break, though the price would be less than it would be for a sharper oath. After this, simply state who you are.
OOC: Feel free to PP Ayasha leaving and such. And thanks for providing me with an opportunity to get a horse in character.

IC: Ayasha was relieved as Amy started to explain what she meant. That wasn’t too bad. She gave a nod and said, ”That’s acceptable. But I might not be in AniWaya for much longer. I’m leaving to be with my boyfriend, Liam.” She had no idea that this woman had hurt her loverboy or else she might not be as amiable towards her. But she was blissfully ignorant of the pain that Amy could and had caused.

As Amy started the oath that Ayasha was to take, she could feel the wind stir. That had something to do with the spirits and she knew that this type of oath was a rather serious one. So she needed to make a choice as too whether or not she wanted to take it. She looked at Ahuli and knew that she needed to make the oath. And she would be serious about fulfilling it.

She took a deep breath and heard Ahuli neigh and said, ”By my blood, I promise to gift you a message or watch. By my kin I will deliver what you ask of me. By my soul I swear that I will not break this, and fulfill the task you grant me. My name is Ayasha and I take this oath.” Her voice was strong until the last part because she was unsure if that was what exactly she was supposed to do.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

It was slightly disappointing that Amy wouldn't have an oath taker in Aniwaya, but if the girl left there was no harm done. Amy had still added one more to the list of tools. True, it wasn't as serious as the one she'd demanded from Leon, but that had been a different trade, a different bargain. Even if both had asked for a horse, the circumstances and details were very different.

Amy listened to the girl recite the oath, a small smile on her face. That was well done, powerful and recited beautifully. She was ignorant of the fact that Ayasha was aware of spirits and the strength they held, but even if she had Amy probably wouldn't care. The oath had stll been taken. Amy nodded with satisfaction. May good winds carry you until we meet again. Amy clicked to her horse softly as they walked away. Behind her the small wolf took her new horse and returned to the safety of the packlands.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]