Help! I Need Somebody.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.AyashaOutline {background: url('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/bane_22/Sets/ayashatable-1.png') #2795b0 no-repeat top center; width:470px; margin:10px auto; padding:320px 10px 10px 10px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.AyashaTitle {text-align:left; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #036581; color:#036581;}
.AyashaSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.AyashaInfo {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; color:#000000; font-weight:bolder;}
.AyashaInput {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#bbbdbf; color:#42120f; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%;}
.AyashaInput b {font-weight:bolder;}
.AyashaInput b:before { content:open-quote;}
.AyashaInput b:after { content: close-quote;}
.AyashaSubtitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.AyashaInfo2 { text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; color:#000000; font-weight:bolder;}
.AyashaRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#889c2e; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

Ayasha
What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing
OOC :: New horse-y!

Ayasha had decided to get out of AniWaya and go see her uncles in Cour des Miracles. Maybe they could talk Ralla into letting her be with Liam. She was definitely not going anywhere fast with her own attempts to convince her mother. So maybe she would listen to her brother and brother-in-law. But even if they couldn’t help, she needed to leave her home for a bit. It was a bit tough with the tension between her mother and her. It was getting to be a bit stifling at home.

So she decided to take her new horse, Ahuli, for a ride and see how he would do being ridden. Inez seemed a bit upset with her getting a different horse but he soon seemed to get over it. Ahuli, for his part, was rather amiable for a stallion and he came broken in so his training was minimal. They mostly needed to get to know each other and a ride to her uncles’ home would be the perfect opportunity. So she put the saddle and bridle and such on and then rode out of the stable, heading towards Cour des Miracles. She still needed to learn Low Speech so she could speak with her horse.

It was a little over eight-hour ride and she didn’t expect to be there for more than overnight so she did tell her mother. She didn’t want to get into too much trouble with her mother. The ride there was a little cold but pretty. The heavy snow hadn’t fallen yet but there was a good amount of snow on the ground. She arrived at the borders in the early afternoon and howled for either Strel or Noss. She hoped that another perspective on her situation with Liam would help. And she wanted to get to know her uncles a little bit better.

But people, I guess, can't live like that
We all must pay a price
To be safe, we lose our chance of ever knowing, What's around the riverbend
WC :: 310
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
yay!

Strel was happily curled into his lover's arms, resting against his strong chest. Noss had his arm under the Dauphin's neck and fingers were playing with the dyed locks on his head. They were muttering words to each other as the redheaded man traced patterns in the pelt on the warrior's chest. Soft, low laughter echoed in their small room. The two of them were being quiet, both doors closed to keep everything private. Legs tangled over the layers of old blankets and new clean furs, the two of them were pressed dangerously close. Noss nibbled on his lover's ear and the redhead chuckled into the man's neck. With a sweep of motion, Strel straddled the warrior's thighs leaning over to give the man a lingering kiss when a howl came in from the distance. It was muffled by glass, brick, and wood, but both men still heard the call with looks of sadness and frustration.

Noss slipped from underneath the Dauphin's pelvis and left the bed. Strel sighed as he moved to the edge, smoothing out his tangled hair. Noss tossed the redhead a bone comb, which Strel ran through his locks with looks of pain as he rose to find his clothing. It would have been easier to travel without them, and faster to boot, but there was a level of propriety to be observed. Plus, they were not made to be folded on a shelf. As soon as he was dressed and ready, the redhead gave his lover a brief look of apology as he left their suite of rooms. Hopefully, this could be brief. "I'll be back soon, handsome," he said, disappearing out the doorway. All he heard was a grunt of recognition, and Strel countered with one of his own.

He slipped on his jacket with a sigh, heading off in the direction of the call. Raising his head, he returned it with one of acknowledgement. Soon enough, he caught sight of Ayasha mounted on a horse. The tribe really loved their horses, that much was clear. Eying his sister-in-law's adopted daughter, the redhead brushed back loose hair from his eyes. "Ayasha, what a surprise. What brings you here?" A look of concern flooded his features as he looked behind her. "Is something wrong?"

<style>
.simplesea .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#9aada6; }
.simplesea p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.simplesea b {color:#d0c7bd; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#a5aa9e 0em .1em 0em; }
.simplesea .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e ; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.simplesea {background-color:#867c68; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... each-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.simplesea-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #bdd0c9; margin:0 auto;}
.simplesea .inner {margin:60px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... inner2.png); border:1px solid #9aada6; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 358

IC: Ayasha did have to wait a little bit for her uncle to come to see her but she did smirk when she saw the state he was in. She could only assume that he was with her other uncle, Noss. But she didn’t comment. She tried not to think of the details about how the fact that her uncles were homosexual but she really didn’t care. Her friend Shiloh was sort of homosexual. Now she had a man but she was in love with Saxif for a long time, until Saxif broke her heart. She needed to go visit Shiloh at some point soon. She missed her friend and somewhat hoped that she could be closer to her, with Liam.

Strel seemed a little flustered but otherwise fine. He could apparently tell that something was wrong and she gave a sigh. ”I need to talk to you, Uncle Strel. We’re not really all that close but you can maybe talk to my mom or have Noss talk to her.” She however didn’t really want to talk about it at the borders. She’d rather talk somewhere a bit more secluded where no one else could hear what she had to say. ”I also needed to get away for awhile, even if for a couple of hours.” She kept things rather vague on purpose but not to lie to Strel, but to keep him in the loop with giving up too many details.

She dismounted and rubbed Ahuli’s forehead. ”This is Ahuli. It means drum in my Tribe’s language. He’s broken-in and can be ridden but he needs a bit more training.” It was the name that he had given her via Dichali and she took a moment to consider how appropriate and yet sad his name was. He was already a steady and easy to handle stallion but his name would be a reminder of what she would be leaving. It would be one of her ties to her long-time home. But she concentrated on Strel again. ”How are you and Uncle Noss doing?” She felt it was easier to divert what was bothering her for the time being.
[html]
I pp'd them walking toward the manner, if you don't mind.

Thankfully, his adopted niece did not comment on the state of his hair or his clearly preoccupied mind. She did give him a look though he only gave her a look of pure innocence right back. He had nothing to tell and it was not his place to discuss such things with other people's spawn. It was only fair and Ayasha probably knew well enough as it was. Few people seemed to care, but Strel was sure there were naysayers somewhere in the background pointing fingers at him. Not that he cared a whit. He was in love and he had his love returned. Plus the relations were nothing if not fantastic. He was a happy man and everyone else could stuff their heads in a crab cage.

His generic question had clearly hit the nail on the head as the young woman dismounted from her horse. He nodded at her words, and gave her a look of concern. This was something important, it had to be. "Of course, you shouldn't feel afraid to come talk to me. I can be very secretive if I need to be, you know." Everyone had their little secrets. Lately, though, Strel felt as though he had run out of secrets and he lacked excitement. But what would he do to give himself that? He had responsibility on his shoulders, both to honor Noss and to act accordingly considering his high rank. "Is something going on at home, Ayasha?" he asked, simply trying to figure out what was going on with Ralla's daughter.

"He's lovely," he commented simply, not an expert on horseflesh in any way. Strel began to lead the young woman toward the manner, knowing that Noss would be happy to see Ayasha -- even if she had interrupted them. He would grumble but he would still be happy, regardless. "Come, we can have a drink and talk about it. I'm sure your other uncle would not want to be left out." He gave a light chuckle at the thought, as though it were all very funny. Strel simply waved his hand in the air absently. "Oh, we're fine, we're fine. Boring old farts, nothing more." Lavender eyes glanced sidelong at the young woman. "You gonna tell me what's going? What's got you running from home for a break?"

<style>
.simplesea .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#9aada6; }
.simplesea b {color:#d0c7bd; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#a5aa9e 0em .1em 0em; }
.simplesea .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e ; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.simplesea {background-color:#867c68; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... each-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.simplesea .inner {margin:60px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... inner2.png); border:1px solid #9aada6; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

351← Word Count :: That's fine Smile

Ayasha hardly believed the look of innocence that he gave her but let it slide. She wasn’t one to make any judgment on anyone. If he wanted to be with her other uncle that was fine with her. She was happy that they both seemed happy. That’s what she wanted, really, was for her family to be happy. But she seemed not able to be that way, at least not yet. It might mean that she had to leave home without her mother’s permission.

She gave Strel a smile at his concern; not trying to convince him otherwise but happy that he was concerned for her. Mom and I had an argument over a boy named Liam. There was more to it but she was trying to find the words to explain her situation. I met Liam a few months ago and fell in love with him. He was part of Cercatori d’Arte and was troubled. He thought that all black wolves were evil. He calls them shadow wolves. He has these butterflies that tell these things. He had promised me that he wouldn’t listen to them. This next part was the hardest. A few weeks ago, he listened to them and killed his little sister. He was then banished from his pack and told that if he ever came back, they’d kill him. I talked to my mom about him and now I can’t see him, let him into the pack, or leave to be with him.

She stopped to let him take everything in. I know that my mom is only worried about me but she doesn’t wanted me to be happy or learned from any mistakes. I know there’s a risk being with him but love him anyway. She was currently more calm than most of her conversations about Liam. I don’t quite know what to do or how to get Mom to see that she needs to let me go. Is she being unreasonable or am I? By the time she had done talking, the two of them, three if you counted Ahuli, had reached the manor.

<style>
.ayasha-text1 {font-family:'time', serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.ayasha-text1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.ayasha-text1 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.ayasha-text1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.ayasha-text1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.ayasha-text1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', sans serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ayasha-text1 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ayasha-text1 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry for delay, am currently on vacation cx.

Strel carefully watched his adopted niece as she told him her story. It was a big problem and he was instantly torn between too many opinions in his own goddamn head. The more the young woman spoke the more his brows furrowed and the more grim the line of his lips seemed. Her words were hard to swallow, especially since it was all painfully familiar in some manner or another. She wanted to be free to make her own mistakes, to make her own choices and be her own person. Ayasha wanted to do what she wanted for the love she felt towards a boy, and the man could not help but feel supportive of her for that. Unfortunately it was not remotely simple. If it was just a normal boy, there should not have been a problem. Strel's face did not shift from calm and grim quiet even as the young woman described the boy she loved. It was difficult to say the very least.

"Thank you for the truthfulness, Ayasha." He was truly grateful she had not left out that information. Strel could not provide any help if she did not tell him all that he needed to hear. However, that did not make it remotely easier to take a side. On one, he thought she should try her own way in the world away from her mother, but he also saw the situation and the problem from Ralla's point of view and could hardly blame either one for their desires. His own rank made him think of the other consequences involved as well as the potential well being of his niece standing before him. "You couldn't have brought me a harder problem to solve?" he asked with light sarcasm as he attempted to remedy his grim look with a weak smile.

Sighing, the redheaded man waved Ayasha in and took her into the living room of the Hotel. With a barking call out the doorway, he sent for his mate and the woman's other uncle. "I'm afraid it's more complicated than that, Ayasha, sweet," he sat her down on the worn couch and took a seat beside her. Noss would come at his own pace, though he would have to be brought up to speed when he choose to appear. "On one hand, I fully agree with your mother," he said calmly, and put his hand up to make sure she did not protest immediately. "But on the other, I think you are in your own right to do as you want."

Noss came through the doorway, silent though he smiled as he saw his sister's adopted daughter on the couch before him. But he frowned when he saw the looks on their faces and choose to greet her in his tongue with a word and sit down in the empty armchair. It creaked under his weight , and Strel furrowed his brows at his mate. It would be quick enough for the warrior to grasp the problem at hand.

Turning his lavender gaze back on the young woman, the Dauphin sighed heavily as he sat back against the couch. "I don't like the sound of the young man, Ayasha. He sounds dangerous from what you say, especially if he's speaking to butterflies and kills for them. I don't want you to put yourself into that kind of a danger, but we all like to believe we can change someone." His gaze briefly flicked up at Noss before returning to Ayasha. "You do love him, right? He hasn't treated you badly or acted strangely around you?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
WC: 251

IC: Ayasha watched her uncle’s mate as she talked about Liam. She told all that she could think of and waited for him to talk to her about what he thought about her situation. Strel started off by telling her that he was thankful for telling him the truth. He then seemed to think about her problems some more and asked if she could bring him a harder problem. ”Sorry.” But she really needed the opinion of someone much less connected to everything than anyone she had talked to.

He led her into the hotel and into her uncles’ rooms. As he talked about how it was rather complicated and sat her down on the couch while muttering, ”Don’t I know it.” He then said that he understood both points of view and she gave a slightly frustrated sigh. It was hard to know which side was right.

Her other uncle, Noss, came in and she gave him a strained smile. She was happy to see him, sure, but this wasn’t a social visit. She listened to Strel’s concerns and was able to see that he was just looking out for her but willing to help nonetheless. She was asked if she loved Liam and if he had threatened her. She nodded and gave a real smile. ”Yes, I do. And he’s never tried to hurt me. It seems like I’m the only one who sees the sweet side of him.” She knew it was best to be truthful and she was.
[html]

c:

Strel gave a heavy sigh as the young woman spoke again. There was no hint of a lie or exaggeration in her tones. This was a terribly sticky situation. Noss would probably agree with his sister on the matter, but he was also the one who went back on tradition with his sister to stay in this place with him. He had mostly spat on tradition when the two of them became mates, an abhorrence to the natural way. Not that they were anything but naturally normal, they were still not the common sight for a pair of mates. They both just happened to have the same set of equipment. Strel gave Noss's niece a deep searching look with confused lavender eyes. Noss simply sat and watched the pair of them, unsure of what to say on the matter. It was not his forte in the least. He was a warrior born, not a therapist. Strel was neither of those but he was doing his best. Wasn't his job as Dauphin to help solve problems? Ayasha was not a courtier but she was, in a way, related to him.

Resigned, the redheaded man looked at Noss as he spoke, "I don't know what to say about this, Noss." The gray man shrugged and shook his head. "I'm no better off." The warrior turned his gaze on his niece. "You understand why your mother does not want you with him?" Strel kept silent as the man addressed the young woman, only watching both of their faces. Noss was rather quiet. But he was always a quiet one. "He could turn on you if his head tells him something bad about you. If he killed his sister, he could just as easily hurt you." Strel's look grew sad. He did not want the young woman to have to weigh so much just for a man. It was hard, these matters of the heart. "Ayasha, we can't tell you what to do. Only your mother really can, and you're already an adult with your own head on your shoulders." Strel gazed sadly at the warrior before him. "He could be a danger to you. But know that we can be a danger to him if he touches you wrong." The redhead could not help but give a slight smile. Strel was no fighter, but Noss could definitely rip someone to pieces if he was motivated enough.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}</style>[/html]
WC: 324

IC: She knew that this was not an easy situation for them because it was so much harder for her. Her heart was set on a boy that was a murderer. He wasn’t completely in control of his actions with the butterflies but not many people could see that. He thought he was doing good when he really wasn’t but at least he tried. Plus, he had never hurt her.

Strel asked what Noss thought and she turned her gaze to him. They both admitted that they didn’t know what to say but they both tried. Noss brought up the issue of her mother and she sighed. ”I do know that she wants me to be happy but safe. And I won’t be happy without him and everyone seems convinced that I won’t be safe with him. She means well.” Her mother might not think that she thought that. ”I think that she thinks I’m doing this out of rebellion. But I tried to get her to see my side and support me.” She closed her eyes and wished for her simpler days as a pup.

Strel then brought up the fact that only her mother could tell her what to do and she’s an adult. ”She thinks that I can’t decide anything on my own and that I shouldn’t live my own life.” She was venting a little but without real anger, mostly just frustration. Then Noss said that if Liam hurt her, he would hurt Liam and she gave him a small smile. ”Thank you for the offer. I’ll keep it in mind.” But she wanted to make sure of something. ”Should I follow my heart or my mom? I don’t want to disobey her but I’ve been taught to follow my heart, mainly by her.” That was actually ironic how her mother taught her to follow her yet was denying her daughter’s heart. She didn’t think her mom would appreciate that though.
[html]

c:

Noss reclined in his chair, ignoring the tufts of stuffing coming out of the left armrest. He kept his body still and a bit stiff as he listened to his niece. He was devoted to his sister but he could not help but feel compassion for his sister's adopted daughter. Cold and collected as he usually was, that was how he came at this problem. "I am your sisters brother, and I tell you know, Ayasha; your mother has not had it easy of late. You know that." The warrior looked gravely at the girl, knowing she had to understand the severity of his words. Her mate had left her with three young pups, the war came and went while ravaging their lives, one of those pups had disappeared. No, she was not having an easy time, there was no way. "It has been a rough couple of months. I know it's been hard for many, sweet," Strel intruded on his mate's serious statement with something he hoped would ease it. "Ralla does want the best for you, especially now that the fighting is done and it's been quiet."

Strel put a reassuring hand on the young woman's hand closest to him. "I'm absolutely sure that's not what she thinks at all, Ayasha. She loves you and with love comes the desire to keep those loved things safe. She doesn't want you hurt." Any good parent had these feelings. Any good parent would want their children healthy, and happy, and safe. How could they want anything more? To have a child was to take a risk on your own self as well as to the happiness of others. Children were an investment in the future and parents just wanted them to be truly well off in life. Some more than others, especially those that saw death and destruction. "Your mother has seen people she cared for die in this stupid war, and she saw their families twist in pain. She doesn't want to see you hurt. Neither do we," he said, with a quick glance at Noss, who nodded in agreement.

"We were taught duty, your mother and I," began the grey warrior male. "We both abandoned our duties to our tribe, our families. Your mother will be upset and she will worry herself over you, but she will forgive you in a moment's notice." Noss gave an easy smile, though it was small as he was often scowling and frowning. "She'll forgive you because she loves you. She won't ever abandon you, Ayasha, even if you choose something that scares her stupid." Strel smiled, rather sheepishly at the young woman. He understood what both of them were suggesting to the young woman, but it was no business of theirs to intercept on either's behalf. "Just remember what you might be giving up and what this might do to your reputation, especially if the boy does something recklessly dangerous again."

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}</style>[/html]