homecoming
[html]

This is set after Ezra moves in! wootwoot.
sosuwrimo: 366
Table by Cait!

Barry had been kind enough to let his small family stay here. After their initial talk, Ezra put Petra in the stable next to Barry’s horse for a while. The now-loner had finally began to loosen up. He was in a safe place where he could collect his thoughts without being driven to madness by Ever’s very apparent departure. He still didn’t understand it. He couldn’t understand it. The thought made him sick to his stomach still.

Ezra had been told by Barry where his temporary sleeping quarters would be, which was the master bedroom in the distillery. It was much larger and grander than the hybrid ever expected it to be, and he was grateful. He put his few prized possessions there, made up the beds, and then went around the house investigating things. He quickly learned how truly massive the compound was, and he applauded Barrett for being so well organized and so… innovative. Cour des Miracles had the hotel, but there wasn’t nearly as much stuff there like there was here. Ezra liked that. Barry was so god damn clever. The plots of marijuana instantly made the hybrid grin. That made their interaction over the summer make a whole lot more sense.

But the other residents intrigued the man more than anything. Barry had introduced Lilin to Ezra and Eli, but it was only for a few minutes. Ezra felt bad knowing that other wolves were staying here too, but Barry had accepted him after all. Maybe he was in the business of taking in lost souls. Pushing that thought aside, the secui shifted from his less comfortable two-legged form and shifted back to his hulking mammoth form that he was so used to. It made him more relaxed and more able to meet this peculiar woman with the odd scar on his forehead. Ezra let out a bark to let Eli know it was time to come back to him, and once his son came back the two of them went up the stairs to find this woman. Barry had said her room was down the hall from his, so that was the first place he looked.

<style type="text/css">
.essyra b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2baba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #354b4b; }
.essyra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.essyra {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#366a69; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/21l3dja.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 225px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708a89; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.essyra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.essyra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 474 Squee!

Complete surprise was partly responsible for her quick retreat to the second floor. Nearly a month had passed and she had just begun settling into a routine of sorts, growing accustomed to Barrett and his two companions. Her stay had been far from uneventful thus far, seeing as her landlord led a life far from ordinary. Sex, card games and drugs appeared to be his favourite pastimes and Lilin could unfortunately say she had personally witnessed all of the previously mentioned, including public (the backyard was a public place, was it not?) copulating. Oh, she’d given him a piece of her mind all right! Lilin thought she had seen it all by now and was adapting quite well to Barrett’s bachelor lifestyle, feeling comfortable enough to incorporate criticism and cheeky comments into their daily exchanges with each other.

What she did not expect was the arrival of a male and his child, long-time friends of the earthen male she’d grown fond of. He had never mentioned them before, not that he’d ever referred to anyone but Axle and Grit since her move in. Perhaps the idea of Barry having genuine pals as opposed to customers and one night stands was a concept hard to grasp. Or maybe there was just more to the masked wolf than tomfoolery. Either way, the Azathoth heir had two new housemates whether she liked it or not. The husky had been polite and charming enough at first glance, albeit the emotional burden and heavy distress weighing down on him. And the child, who was unmistakably a large part of the stranger’s concerns, was delightfully oblivious to whatever grand issue had made his father seek help. He was confined to his very own puppy world where blissful ignorance reigned and he was the self-appointed prince.

If anything, the adult’s presence posed no problem. The little one, on the other hand, definitely had her on edge. Given her past with newborns, it was extremely difficult to withstand a puppy’s presence in the vicinity. She had watched her dam murder the innocent in hopes of achieving salvation and although she had never personally done the deed, Lilin was just as guilty for not interfering. Skeletons in the closet; everyone had them but she had enough to last a lifetime.

Footsteps in the hallway shattered her reverie. The two-toned femme soon came to realize she had been absent-mindedly perusing through one of her books in search of a particular reference. However, her search halted abruptly when it became obvious that her bedroom would soon be besieged by the male she’d met earlier with his little boy in tow. Hastily sliding the book under her pillow, Lilin then sat upright to greet the wolfdog having reached the doorway. “Hey-“ she paused already, allowing a few seconds to pass before stating the obvious. “Ezra, right?”

Image courtesy of jeremy vandel; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilintable { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jdb1e.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#A0795D; font-family: 'georgia', serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #d0ac1d; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.lilintable b {color:#d0ac1d; }
.lilintable p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lilintable p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I really have no idea how this is so short, I had the full intention of writing a longer post..
sosuwrimo: 172
Table by Cait!

Sure enough, the little one barged right in between Ezra's hulking front legs. Ezra tried to scoop up the child in his Halfling paw but the little thing was too fast. The door opened wide to the oddly marked woman sitting on her bed. Ezra offered the woman a smile and a concerned look to his boy. Yeah. You’re Lilin, right? he said in response to her question. I’m sorry for our intrusion, he said gently, mostly for his son’s sake. But I just wanted to introduce myself and my son... I’m not entirely sure how long I’ll be living here but I hope we can become friends in the mean time. I apologize for Eli’s rambunctiousness, he said with a bit of a chuckle as he noticed his son run around the room excitedly. The poor thing hasn’t shared the company of many people. God, that sounded pathetic to him. Either way, he looked at the woman with care and gave her a smile.

<style type="text/css">
.essyra b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2baba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #354b4b; }
.essyra {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#366a69; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/21l3dja.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 225px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708a89; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 554 <3

The child was like a fish out of water. It was almost comical, seeing him slip out of his sire’s grasp with such ease and determination. Already, she could anticipate scenarios involving Eli’s endless spurts of energy and his growing need to acquire information about the world surrounding him. In a way, Lilin could understand the yearning coursing through his mind and soul. She, too, was merely breaking free from the sheltered life she had led for the greater part of her life. Whatever affliction had befallen the Rosen family, the boy had retained his untarnished purity: something the Soulstorm daughter had never possessed, even as a young age. “Yeah, Lilin.” she repeated in a hushed whisper, her attention still focused on the roaming ball of fluff. It was a good thing she owned nothing breakable or she might’ve been worried. Every object of value was safely tucked away in a nearby dresser, barring the jewish mythology book she’d just hidden under the pillow.

“S’alright. Might as well get acquainted now. We’ll be seeing a whole lot of each other after all,” she added then, awkwardly returning his smile in hopes of lightening the mood. Lilin was not one to pretend. Had she truly considered their presence an intrusion, she would have stated as much. Orbs of Caribbean blue were upon him now, temporarily withdrawing her attention from Eli and replacing him with his father. And for the first time since their initial encounter hours prior, the two-toned femme truly took the time to look at her new housemate. He spoke and she listened. It was the word “friend” that roused an expression out of her, causing her to angle her head to the left as if trying to decipher the exact meaning of friendship. Mostly out of habit, Lilin had always referred to acquaintances with a level of formality. Barrett was her landlord and Ezra, as it stood, was her housemate. To consider him otherwise was going against a second nature and yet, she found herself more than willing to try. “I’d like that.”

As her potential friend apologized once more, this time for his son’s spirit and vigor, Lilin simply shook her head. She understood the reasons why and what it meant to be thrown into an entirely different world, one where mingling with other canines was vastly encouraged. In her lifetime, she had shared the company of very few. The words “Neither have I” nearly escaped her vocal chords, but she wasn’t getting into that. Not today. Probably not ever. “It’s fine,” she offered, aiming to achieve a minimum degree of courtesy. She had never bothered with social etiquette before but her visitors had at least earned an effort on her behalf. She really didn’t care what Eli did as long as he didn’t start breaking anything or getting into her stuff. “So what’s your story, Ez?” Why the long face earlier that day? Why was he here? How had he met Barry? A million inquiries were condensed into one.

She didn’t invite him in. Not because she didn’t want to but because she simply didn’t think she needed to. There was plenty of space on the bed next to her or if he preferred, the chair facing her vanity table if he chose to sit and stay for a while.

<style>
.lilintable { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jdb1e.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#A0795D; font-family: 'georgia', serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #d0ac1d; outline:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

sosuwrimo: 456
Table by Cait!

Ezra really couldn’t figure out why she was so interesting. Maybe it was her dichotomous face that reminded him of something cosmic, destined… like she bore those markings for a reason. As they looked each other over, the man finally noticed the rather obvious scar on her face. There had been some oddly marked wolves in this area, but she was certainly the most extreme he had ever seen. Though Jazper’s tattoo was interesting as well…. Ezra had no interesting markings, and he was glad for it. The scars from Ouija had healed well, but he still hated them. They did make him look like a seasoned warrior, despite the fact that he hadn’t become interested in sparring until after the attack. Regardless, Ezra wanted to know where that mark came from.

The hybrid scratched his scarred shoulder for a moment to think of what to say to answer her question. Where to even begin? He wasn’t the type to dump all his problems on this woman he had just met, who surely didn’t want to hear his problems nearly as much as he wanted to spill them out again. Acknowledging the past meant that it really happened and Ezra was still fighting his denial. To buy more time, Ezra picked up his son again who was investigating something that looked like a dust bunny in the corner. His mammoth jaws picked him up carefully and plopped him down again next to him. The boy’s rust tail kept wagging excitedly, looking for more things to play with. Ezra chuckled at his son momentarily before messing with the fur right by Eli’s ears. Eli batted at his father’s massive paws hopelessly.

She was kind, inquisitive, and it made Ezra uncomfortable. Ezra turned his attention back at his new housemate and furrowed his brows. Well, if I tell you mine, will you tell me yours? He gave her a grin and with that knocked his son to the ground. The pup clearly wanted to play, and Ezra wasn’t about to let him slip away to do something more exciting… Ezra wanted Lilin to join in and play with the young one as well, she looked like she could use it. I left Cour des Miracles after my mate left me, was all he said, his face stoic to prevent any potential emotions showing on his hardened face.Eli’s the only thing I have now, and I wanted to start over so he could have a better life. Now it’s your turn. The pup barked because Ezra had stopped playing with him. Shooting Lilin a smile, the man went right back into puppy mode and play-fought with Eli.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 616 --

Ezra Rosen had freshly undergone colossal changes in his lifestyle and like an open book; he unabashedly displayed just how austere his situation was. Words were unnecessary and had become luxury at this point in time. The expression on the hybrid’s face said it all, how pained and deeply overwhelmed he was by the course of things. She could only commend his ability to keep it together, if not for himself then for his son. A perfect example of good parenting and an attestation to everything she’d missed out on as a child. Holding that thought, the Soulstorm juvenile took another long look at her new housemate. Thinking of his responsibilities and life experiences, many of which she herself would not have known how to handle, it dawned on her that he had to be at least twice her age.

This became a source of intimidation for her, especially when an offer was brought to the table. How much she would tell him about her past depended on how good of a story was being withheld. Could her prologue rival his? It was her turn to feel rather uneasy, fully aware that he simply would not understand where she came from. His willingness to learn would be an asset but it wouldn’t be strong enough to conquer his morals. She kept quiet as he continued on, noting the behaviour he adopted while retelling his tale of hardships. Words came forth but his attention remained mostly focused on the little one.

Perhaps keeping his attention on Eli made it easier for him to share. His son provided a good distraction for both of them. Lilin too allowed her gaze to settle over the chesnut-colored ball of energy whenever he demanded attention. The revelation came, short and bitter: Ezra had worded it in a way where no added details were necessary. Pursing her lips together into a tight line, she gave a heavy sigh and shook her head as if unable to find anything relevant to say. It was difficult to comment, primarily because she had never been bound to another male and certainly not in the manner her housemate had adored his lover. Feelings of inadequacy escaped the confinements of her soul, apprehending the fact that she couldn’t possibly relate to what he’d gone through.

“At least it wasn’t all for nothing,” she offered, pointing at the boisterous puppy with the tip of her nose. She couldn’t help but compare the connection Ezra shared with his son to the connection she’d shared with her dam up until recently. Alas, it wasn’t even worthy of comparison. “You have Eli to make up for it.” Seeing them monkey around was amusing to say the least. The sheer size difference between the two boys paired with the younger one’s tenacity was quite a feat to watch. Slinking off the double bed and onto the hardwood floor, the cult descendant continued to watch the show from her privileged floor seat.

“I was raised by a single parent too, my mother.” she began, absent-mindedly tracing shapes and forms on the floor as she spoke. “But she got sick recently and kind of just upped and left without saying anything. I followed her scent here. It stopped way up north before the big mountain in the distance. I think I might have taken a wrong turn but,” Truthfully Lilin didn’t know what she would have done if she’d encountered the madwoman up there. “I really like it here.” she admitted with a genuine smile, reminding herself that she felt safe here in Hilsburn. There would come a time where she would have to leave but that fated moment hadn’t manifested itself as of yet.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
lets just say… I cant wait to read this later when im sober BR>Table by Cait!

Eli bit Ezra’s front left paw a little too hard, and so the father yelped and whacked his son on the muzzle with his free hand.Enough of that, Ezra snapped, but grinning shortly after saying that. The secui continued to listen to his new housemate as she spoke of her mother. Her story seemed innocent enough; she must have been some sort of sad creature for most of her life. When she ended her story with a positive note, he grinned. So where along the way did you meet Barry? he asked, wondering if the herb brought the two wolves together. The chocolate pup had curled up by his father’s feet as Ezra spoke, his tail frantically wagging against the floor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]