Stubbornness Runs in the Family
[html]
Backdated to the 2 (Nootau: Visible)

Ralla stood in the tree hut, pacing the limited floor space in circles. Nootau sat off to the side on the windowsill, watching his charge do as she would to calm his nerves. The spirit guide was being deliberate, she knew, in letting her handle her child as she was currently; he was letting her learn a lesson, even if indirectly. But Ralla didn't quite appreciate it--at least not at the moment. It had been a almost a month since her and Ayasha's argument, and she had noticed that her eldest daughter was increasingly absent at night, as it was now with the moon shining its light through grey clouds. It was a ghostly kind of light, and didn't bode well in the sense of omens. It was almost like it mirrored Ralla's mind; there was a sense of what she had to do, but how she had to do it was obscured by emotions and other complicated things of the like...

Alaster, Ahiga, and Aleu were all safely in their beds, but still Ralla waited for her eldest to return. This matter needed to be settled soon--needed to be settled now--and she was growing more and more anxious with every step. And then finally she heard--rather, Nootau chirruped and alerted her to--someone coming, and peeked out the door. Without mistake that was her daughter approaching the tree house, so without preamble, the white mother stepped outside and tightly shut the door. With a stern stance she stood, waiting as her daughter climbed up the rope ladder, and there she was waiting. Where have you been, young lady? she asked in a firm tone.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug39 b {font-weight:bold; color:#534e5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #12161b; }
.freebaug39 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug39 {margin:0 auto; width:497px; background-color:#1d3843; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/azf88.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbc2ca; padding: 134px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7b8c2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d3843; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug39 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug39 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
She had today been patrolling most of the day, and into the night. She actually hadn’t planned on being out so late but she hadn’t slept well last night and wanted to think about her nightmare. it was awful but she didn’t want to talk about it with anyone but Liam. She wanted him to hold her and tell her everything would be all right. But she wanted to wait a bit. She wasn’t entirely sure why.

She hadn’t been crying but it was obvious that between last night and everything else, she was having a rough time. She headed home and sighed before she got into sight of the treehouse. She knew that she would be in trouble for being gone a lot but right now she didn’t care all that much. But her mother would and she headed up the ladder, knowing that Ralla would be waiting for her.

As soon as she got up the ladder, her mother asked where she’d been and sighed. ”I went to see my uncles in Cour des Miracles and then had a lot to think about. I lost track of time. Sorry.” She really just wanted her mother not to be angry with her and didn’t know what to do. She also wanted to tell her that she was leaving in about a week but wanted to wait until later into the inevitable conversation.
[html]

The 'catch-in-the-lie' part is a little wonky now since the timeline got changed >_>

Ralla stood for a few moments, wanting to believe her daughter had actually done what she said she had done. "You've been gone far more than two days," she said, pointing out a flaw in Ayasha's excuse. "Cour des Miracles is a good day's journey, even by horseback, and takes just as long to get back." She waited a moment, seeing if the discovery of the lie would have any reaction from her daughter. "I thought you would never lie to me, Ayasha. I'm disappointed." This was the first time Ralla had ever said something like that to her children; it was a guilty punishment, because now her eldest would know that a bond of trust had been broken.

"Tell me where've you really been," Ralla said with a stern look down at her daughter, her arms crossed and fingers grasping the elbows tightly. But she already knew where her daughter had run off to--that she had disobeyed. The fact that this meant that Ayasha had no respect for the very few things Ralla required of her to obey...well, it made Ralla that much more afraid for her daughter. And angry that her word had been so casually pushed aside. It wasn't as if this were the first time: Ayasha had repeatedly expressed self-interest over self-safety, and Ralla was regretful that she hadn't further pushed her daughter to leave during the war. It had been an inch that needn't have been given. But the past was the past, and however much Ralla would love to forget and forgive, there were some things that just couldn't be let go until rectified. Ayasha would not escape the hut terrace without closure.

She loved her daughter so dearly... Why couldn't she see that the things Ralla said were always out of love...?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." [u]Moon thinks.[u]

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

WC: 238

OOC: Ultimatum time!

IC: Ayasha stared at her mother and wanted to cry. ”I went to Cour des Miracles and then I went riding, OK. Then I met with Skye Collins from Cercatori d’Arte and had her describe how exactly Liam killed. I wanted some time to myself so I went to sleep in an empty hut where I promptly had a nightmare.” She was crying by the end of this mostly because she and her mother were arguing but also because of the nightmare.

She slumped against the house and tried to control her tears. Did her mother think she would blatantly lie to her? Apparently she did. If her mother had no trust in her why should she even stay anymore? There was very little left for her. Her relationship with her mother was near collapse and she barely recognized AniWaya anymore. Dichali and her didn’t really see each other anymore.

Her eyes were determined to as they looked at her mother. ”Mom, I’m leaving in a few days and I don’t care if you want to disown me or something, I’m leaving, with or without you permission or blessing. I’d prefer with but I’m leaving to be with Liam anyways.” Her voice was hard as she waited for her mother’s answer, almost daring her to disown her. Though she really didn’t want her time with her mother to end that way. But how this ended would depend on Ralla.
[html]

Darn you and the tears! >:O

For a moment Ralla softened, worry overcoming her protective instincts. Her eldest was crying, and although she wanted to comfort her, the mother was at a stalemate. While on one hand it was time that Ayasha grew up and stopped living in her fantasy world where everyone could be a hero, she wanted her daughter to remain happy and free and able to express herself freely. It was so hard how the things she wanted for her daughter conflicted with the things she knew were best for her.

Ralla took a step towards Ayasha, features and voice softening. "Galutsv naguu, Ayasha. Nahnai tla uduladi nasginai digasawosdi. Nihi ale equa ageyutsa naquu." Her approach was quickly ceased with Ayasha's next words--words that chilled Ralla to the bone. The implications were certainly great, and they made Ralla very afraid... She had had enough scares and terrors and abandonment--enough of it. It was too hard on her heart. The way that Ayasha spoke, she wanted to tell her that she was not permitted to stay--that Ralla would not let her out of her sight if it came to that. But that was impossible: Ralla could not watch Ayasha like a small pup forever. Just look how a few days had gone; Ayasha had been gone without respite.

"If you get hurt...or moon forbid worse...I cannot be there for you," she whispered; a small warning. "I will worry sick about you, knowing you are with that boy... Worry more because I know you'll be in harm's way without me there, or anyone to help you." The rising thoughts in Ralla's mind bubbled steadily closer and closer to her lips, her emerald green eyes cloudy with a mist of tears that had yet to spill. But her words spilt over anyway. "I cannot take the anguish anymore, Ayasha... If you go against my word and risk your life--if you leave us... I will have to forget about you." It was then that a single tear went down Ralla's cheek. This was her last line of defense, even if Ayasha had expressed her indifference to her mother's decision. But really, it hurt her more than Ayasha...

All those months and time she spent with Ayasha... They might not have been blood, but Ayasha had been her first child. That small, rambunctious fluffball of white had grown so fast and seen so many things. They had done much together, and had laughed and loved. And in the last month they had grown steadily apart... They fought now, and their trust was rendered by a single incident. How Ralla wished that Ayasha had never grown up... How she wished that she had been a better mother, with a sterner voice to reach the tall walls of Ayasha's mind... How she wished to know if her eldest--the one she called sweetheart--still loved her like she did...

Oh yes... It hurt far worse...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C718E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto;}
.owlinner{background-color:#A6C4EE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... llatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; width:483px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.owl p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.owl .box {width:275px;height:205px;float:right;}
.owl b {color:#fff;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #3D4F69;}
</style>
[/html]

WC: 248

IC: Her mother’s words to stop crying did little to stem the tears. Though she did eventually stop on her own. It was tough for her to do this to her family but she wasn’t using her tears to get her way. She really was heartbroken over what the two of them had come to, arguing whenever they saw each other.

Her mother warned her about not being there if she got hurt and she gave a small, defeated, ”I know.” But she would have someone to help her that her mother trusted. She debated telling her mother about going to see Leon and decided that there was little reason not to. ”I’m going to Anathema, so I’ll be with Leon. And I won’t be too far from Shiloh.” That wasn’t the best situation but it would work. She chose to ignore her mother calling Liam that boy.

She saw her mother start to cry and she was miserable but set in her ways. ”Mom, I don’t want you to forget me but if that’s the only way I can be with Liam, then I’ll accept that. I still love you and my siblings and nothing will change that, OK?” She went over to her mother and gave her a tight hug and after a moment pulled away. ”I’ll be leaving in a few days.” Maybe by the time she left, her mother would accept her back again but she doubted that would happen in less than a week.
[html]

Ralla's blood had chilled when she heard the pack Anathema be mentioned. She did not hate the pack, but she was not pleased with it, either--not after her last visit. She had not been thrilled when she had learned that Leon had gone there, but Leon was not her daughter--Ayasha, going to that place...how she wished she had been taught how to discipline children better; perhaps things would not have come to this...!

Ralla did not respond after that. Although her tears brimmed silently, without a quiver of a lip or scrunch of the brow, Ralla only turned her head to the side as if she was not acknowledging Ayasha was there. It was clear where Ayasha's heart was, and it wasn't with her family; it was with this boy who posed as much of a threat as a catastrophe. Ralla was ramrod stiff as her daughter embraced her; she didn't acknowledge it or give it a return of any sort. If she was going to follow through with what she had said, she had to do it then...or risk breaking down and showing a weakness she herself did not want to acknowledge. Finally her eyes shut, and as she turned away she motioned her arm horizontally with the palm open towards Ayasha--a gesture meant to say: 'Leave; you are not welcome'. The white woman had had enough of this heartache, and if her daughter could be so set on her own destruction, then she would have no more part in it...

Without another word, Ralla walked the planks to the observatory and shut the door silently so that her youngest three would no longer be disturbed by their bickering. There were no windows in the observatory, so Ralla had only her ears to listen for if Ayasha descended back down the rope ladder to perhaps J'adore's or some other place... Only when she was absolutely certain that her eldest daughter had gone did Ralla fully cry, slumping against the door of the observatory and burying her face in her palms. Only twice had she cried like this--it was because of this heartache that she had said what she had... She hadn't wanted to, but it had been for Ayasha and her... Still...to her heart...

...it had not made a difference...

Moon walks. Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug39 b {font-weight:bold; color:#534e5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #12161b; }
.freebaug39 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug39 {margin:0 auto; width:497px; background-color:#1d3843; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/azf88.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbc2ca; padding: 134px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7b8c2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d3843; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug39 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug39 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]