trying to make it right again.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.spark-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.spark {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/image ... Table1.jpg) no-repeat top left;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.spark .in {margin:100px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/image ... lia_bg.png);border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
.spark p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.spark .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.spark b {color:#9DB4D6;font-family:georgia; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000}
.spark b:before {content: open-quote; }
.spark b:after {content: close-quote; }
.spark a {color:#43213A}
.spark a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.spark-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Wraith is in her lupus form. c: I don't think she knows how to shift anyway hmm XD

Since becoming an adult in Inferni, Wraith had done a lot of thinking. She remembered when Chapel had tried to kill her and her siblings and how Kesho, Alma, and Hybrid had saved them. She thought about the conversation she'd had with her birth mother and how she'd been so upset that Aeron had abandoned her. She was still bitter about it, and although she thought she understood some of the reasons Aeron had left, she still didn't think it had been the right thing to do. But now that she was an adult -- a whopping seven months old -- she was starting to think about her future in Inferni. She knew that her father had been a warrior in the clan and also a sort-of scout for a bit. Her birth mother was a warrior, too. Valkyrie trained owls and Wraith was pretty sure she was a hunter in the clan. Her uncle Ezekiel was the leader of Inferni and a warrior, too, she believed. Sage, her friend, was gone and she didn't know what Sage had been. She had been nice, even if no one else thought so.

Right now though, Wraith just wanted some direction. She'd spent a lot of time looking for her dad, but couldn't find him. His scent had disappeared a while ago and Wraith knew that he had always loved Inferni too much to just disappear. Wraith hoped he was on some sort of secret warrior mission, but she was worried something worse had happened.

Without Hybrid and with Talitha gone, Wraith wanted to talk to Valkyrie. But before she could, she needed to clear her head. She had wandered through the weird old human houses in Bass River before she found a place to sit and think by the water. She liked the sound of the waves lapping against the shore despite the cold temperature. She thought that water was supposed to freeze in the winter, but the big expanse of water hadn't seemed to completely freeze just yet. Although she wasn't sitting on the sand, she got a chill from the cold air blowing across the water. She shivered and then stood up with the intention of returning to the crumbling ruins where she would have walls and houses to hide in.

Image by Sean McMenemy
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 559 :: Rawrrr

Time to escape, the clutches of a name
No, this is not a game, it's just a new beginning

Valkyrie had found herself out and about this afternoon, with Muerte and Hextor in tow. They soared above her as she walked along, her silk kimono mounted on her shoulders and the graceful movement of the woman making the patterned cloak glitter in the afternoon sunlight. She sighed lightly, and it wasn't long before her two newer additions to her herd of animals had come along, playing with each other the whole way, and catching up when they were seeing the coywolf disappearing into the trees that were leading her to the Bass village. It hadn't been too often that the woman would actually go there, normally she would pass by to get where she really needed to go. She had patrolled around the Village though, but trying to keep the Inferni smell fresh there, as well as to see if there were any wanderers who found it to be a good resting spot for them to stay for the night. It wasn't like she would do much but tell them to leave, since she condoned violence. She would much rather politely tell them to leave and never return here, rather than biting their head or tail off. She probably wouldn't fight even when attacked. She was more bound to call more Infernians and jump around and pretend she was playing a game of tag with the wanderer.

Either way, she had been around the area, but never wandered too far into it. In the middle of her travels, she had run across the scent of her sister and she wondered what the "pretty much adult" child was doing. Valkyrie did like to keep tabs on the children, because they were her responsibility for some time now, and since Hybrid was dead, and Talitha was gone, she was the only one left for these children. She felt even worse about it now though, thinking about how they had no one to rely on but her now. It made her sad that she was so alone. She then thought about how she wasn't alone because she had a whole pack of family. They would help her if she needed it. She hoped they would at least.

It had taken her some time to find Wraith, but Hextor had flown ahead and found her first, the owl being familiar with the child and landing down on the ground next to the growing shewolf. He chirped at her and looked with his one good eye over to the direction in which Valkyrie was going to be coming from. Hex chirped again, and since Valkyrie was not too far off, she had heard the sound and had come through to be in the view of the lupus girl. "Hey Wraith, whatcha'doin there?" asked the woman, her accent finally returning, if only a little bit. She abruptly looked down at her feet though, because suddenly there were two kittens whom came barreling into her ankles. Valkyrie bent down and scooped one up and tickled it's stomach and looked at Wraith with her gamboge eyes that were similar to Wraith's own eyes. "It's pretty isolated out here. Thinkin' bout stuff?" she asked, figuring that she might be like Valkyrie herself, whom would seek the ocean in times where she needed to clear her mind and think straight.

<style>
.valkyowl-req {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valkyowl-req img{width:300px; float:left}
.valkyowl-req p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.valkyowl-req .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.valkyowl-req p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.valkyowl-req b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#E29CD2;}
</style>
image © Requiem!

[/html]
[html]
Rawrrrrr = dinosaur lovins' 2 you! (WC: 303)

When Wraith saw Hextor land next to her, she knew that Valyrie would not be far behind. She wasn't too sure if she wanted to be alone right now or not, but she didn't want to be rude to Hextor when he was only following orders.

Heya, Hexxy, she crooned quietly to the owl. He blinked silently in his creepy owl way, just staring and watching her. Wraith didn't mind when other coyotes blinked at her, but when Hextor or Muerte did it, it was just weird. It was especially weird when they blinked at her with their transparent eyelids. Ugh! Wraith hated that.

After a few moments of this pondering, Wraith saw Valkyrie making her way over to the beach. When Valkyrie arrived, she asked Wraith what she was doing. Unsure of how to answer, Wraith just shrugged. Quickly, Valkyrie found the real reason, to which Wraith quickly nodded. Wraith watched as Valkyrie tickled a kitten that had appeared just as suddenly as Hexter. Not taking her eyes off the cat, Wraith replied: yeah, thinking. She paused as she wondered how to breach the subject. Val, what do you think I should be now that I'm older? Even though she was an adult in Inferni, she didn't feel very adult. She still had so many questions rolling around in her mind and she hadn't even shifted yet. Even if she was a fully-ranked Tirones, she didn't know what she wanted to do after she was a Tirones. Could she be a warrior like her father or a hunter like Val? She didn't know and she hoped that by picking an easier topic, Val might loosen up a bit and talk about other things that had been bothering Wraith, like her father's absence.

Image by Sean McMenemy
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 417 :: Big GrinD <3

Listen to the sounds of the breeze
Sometimes it sings for me...

In the eyes of the woman, the adult was still a child, even though she was ranked as an adult now. Children were still children until they hit one year old to Valkyrie. She looked at her sibling as she had guessed what the child was doing. Valkyrie nodded her head, and she pet the kitten that was in her lap. Her fingers danced in the kitten's fluffy fur. When the question came, Valkyrie seemed to be slightly shocked, but not too much. She perked her large ears at her sister and she hummed lightly, signalling that she was thinking about how she should answer such a question. "I dunno Wraith, you know, you have to make those choices for yourself." started the woman, nodding her head lightly as she thought about how to continue. "The only thing I can do is lead you in the right direction to achieve your goals." spoke the woman, her gamboge eyes cast out to the river, and they slowly moved back over to her sister. She paused for a moment, and she pet the kitten again, whom was laying in her lap, purring and getting too comfortable really.

"What do you like to do, Wraith? Like, what's your favorite thing that you do that can benefit the clan? Do you like fighting, scouting, hunting?" asked the woman, her eyes stuck on her multi-colored sister that looked nothing like she did, but more so she looked like their father, even though Hybrid lacked the golden fur that Wraith had gotten from her mother. Valkyrie smiled to her sister. "I can teach ya the stuff that I know, if you were looking into what I do." spoke Valkyrie, already offering her assistance to her baby sister, like any good older sister would do. It's not like Valkyrie had much other closer related family other than the children that were here and were her half siblings. She had heard of her mother having another litter or two of pups that were also her siblings, but she did not know them, nor were they present in Inferni, so they simply did not matter to Valkyrie as of right now.

Hextor gave the two females a coo as he hopped over between Wraith and Valkyrie and he looked up at the younger canine. He cooed at Valkyrie, some phrase in his low speech, and Valkyrie understood and replied to the bird before looking back at her sister, waiting for an answer.

<style>
.valkyowl-req {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valkyowl-req img{width:300px; float:left}
.valkyowl-req p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.valkyowl-req .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.valkyowl-req p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.valkyowl-req b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#E29CD2;}
</style>
image © Requiem!

[/html]
[html]
<3<3! c: Also, kind of a random note -- I noticed that you use "whom" a lot when you should use "who". If it's "[subject], who was..." you use who, but if it is "with whom, she ate" in which case the subject is with whom. I am bad at explaining, so you could google dat up. But yeah. :o (WC: 527)

When Wraith saw Hextor land next to her, she knew that Valyrie would not be far behind. She wasn't too sure if she wanted to be alone right now or not, but she didn't want to be rude to Hextor when he was only following orders.

Wraith knew that she would have to make such decisions for herself, so she didn’t expect Valkyrie to do it for her. But she had hoped at least to get a better idea. She felt her heart sink when Valkyrie explained that all she could do was lead her in the right direction. But what were the directions she could take? She didn’t know if she knew about what she could be to make a proper decision. She liked that Valkyrie didn’t want to make her decision for her – it made her feel very grown-up – but she had also been hoping for a little more guidance.

Wraith watched quietly as Valkyrie stroked a small kitten. Wraith hadn’t noticed it show up, but she’d seen her sister with it before. She wasn’t sure if she liked it – on one hand, if she had been younger, she would have loved a friend like that. But now that she was older, her instincts said she shouldn’t like it since it was another predator. Of course, it was too cute to dislike and Wraith knew that all it could eat were mice (and she didn’t want any of those!) so she supposed it was alright.

Her heart rose when Valkyrie continued, this time with more suggestions. Fighting, scouting, hunting – yes, she knew all of those things. But hearing Valkyrie helped in a strange sort of way. Her sudden onset of insecurity was quenched with Valkyrie’s assistance. Though, none of those things sounded particularly interesting. She thought maybe she could be a warrior, like her father, but wasn’t sure if she wanted to be a hunter. She already hunted with the clan – especially now that she’d been old enough for a few months – but she didn’t know if that was what she really liked. She wasn’t good and she wasn’t bad; it was just a part of life in Inferni.

Again, Valkyrie interacted with another animal. Hextor cooed at Valkyrie and Valkyrie made some noises back at it. It didn’t sound the same as when she spoke to Wraith, so Wraith figured it must have been noises the owl understood. Hextor seemed to understand, so Wraith was very impressed.

I guess all of those things are okay, she began slowly. I know you can’t decide for me and I don’t want you to, but… umm… I don’t know if I want to be any of those things. If I have to do that for the rest of my life, that sounds kind of… boring, she finished lamely. She accompanied her half-hearted explanation with a sigh, but then pulled herself together.

I’d like to learn,” she added. I like learning, she said. About anything. And animals. I like how Hextor knows what you’re saying. Can I just learn… and that be my job? Her suggestion was accompanied by a small smile. She knew her sister would always look out for her, so she just hoped that this wasn’t asking too much. Val already did so much, so it almost seemed mean to ask her to do any more. Maybe one day Wraith could be good enough at something to help Val out instead.

Image by Sean McMenemy
[/html]