you painted black where my broken heart is
For his brother, Jazper! :][html]

He lay on his stomach; mismatched eyes almost crossing because of the items he was gazing at were so small and so close. He watched as ants filed in and out of a small hole in the ground – a mound of small balls of dirt colored the same tan that Sirius had in his coat; the same color that was smudged just barely above his nose. Every so often the child would move a paw onto the ants and disrupt the orderly line that was working its way inside of the hole. Ants would crawl over and under his dirt dusted paw, trying to find their way around. He grinned as they scrambled to find their way back. He liked the chaos. This controlled chaos. He chuckled to himself.

The sun over head was up high in the sky and the heat was strong. Lately there had been a lot of thunderstorms, but it looked like they were going to be spared today. There was something curling just underneath the surface of the introverted pup. Naniko had confided in Pilot that she was curious as to Apollo’s behavior. He definitely wasn’t like the other boys. Perhaps there was something to be worried about. Maybe there was a streak beneath the surface that was waiting to emerge.

[/html]
WC: 239

A sigh escaped the balck wolf's lips as he ran. He had been training, awaiting the next hunt. The hunt he would have once he was offically in the adult ranks. Sweat ran down his face, maybe he would go to the beach! Jazper started to slow down as he aproched the Manor after his morning of running and tracking. The sun was hot on his dark coat as he shook his fur to releave himself of the soaking sweat. "Ouch!" He exclamied as some of the liquid driped into his eys. He sat down quickly and rubbed his eye with a paw. I wish I had hands! He thought to himself.

Finaly recovering from the sudden shock from his eye he returned to his previoius objective, returning home. He looked at the house, starting to break down on the outside, yet on the inside the pack had returned it to it's glory. Amber eyes flickered to a shape laying on the ground outside the home, his brother. A smile returned to his previously consentrated face, Apollo was all he had left in this pack..well the closest relative by technicality. Ofcours ehe had his father Lucifer, and his brothers Tal and Noah, Dueuce had unfortunantly left.."Hey little brother." He woofed excitedly as he aproched the young sand covered male. Standing beside him he felt akwardly large, he was full grown but was his training taking any effect?
[html]

Jazper was Apollo’s brother by some weird family ties. He knew that he wasn’t blood – that Deirdre had adopted him. That made Pilot one of his father’s, but he also considered Deuce and Lucifer his parents as well. Apollo felt a connection with Jazz in that way – they both had a ton of family members, but no real parents. It was a strange set up, but whatever. He looked up to the black silhouette of his adopted brother and offered a thin smile. They were complete opposites in color and size – Jazper was practically an adult now. He squinted as the sun filtered into his mismatched eyes, before Jazper stepped forward and blocked out the sun.

"Hey Jazper. I was just watchin’ the ants." He looked down to the ant hill and watched as the little bodies busily entered and left the small mound of dirt. He wished he was small enough to hide away in that hole and explore the maze of caverns beneath the soil. "They’re weird lookin’. And so small." He turned his gaze back to his brother. "Whatchu doing?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. Unlike Sirius, Apollo had lost his baby talk rather quickly. He was rather good at pronouncing simple words how they were supposed to be said. Sirius still added extra endings to words, while Apollo had left that behavior behind. The only thing he struggled with was properly ending his words. Sometimes he left of the –ing endings.

[/html]
OOC: green or yellow?? XD
WC:251

"Hey Jazper. I was just watchin’ the ants. They’re weird lookin’. And so small. Whatchu doing?" The black male smiled. The ants were defenently small but, he had never played with them himself. "You know, when I was little I chased birds when they landed." He chuckled at the thoughts of himself and his father Ares running after all sorts of birds. "Never caught one though." He muttered in disapointment. That is he had never cought one becuase last time he went chasing after birds he had brought home dinner: A goose and a duck. He gave a sniff of the air, aparently Naniko and Conri were inside the manor but Lucifer was not present. 'How am I supose to hunt without him!?'

As he brought his amber eyes from the menor back to his little brother he smiled slightly, "I was just training. I only have a few more days until my nine month ceremony." His smile grew with excitment. "I've been working so hard for this Apollo! I can't wait, Lucifer's going to take me hunting more and he's going to change me into a Luperci like the rest of you. I'll finally be able to be an adult." His joy was obvious on his face. The thought of walking on two legs, having hands andbeing able to fish, carve, go into town and find some goods, just made his eyes light up. As he thoughts truned to his brother he decided to return the question, "How about you?"
Sorry for the wait. :][html]

"Birds?" Apollo asked his brother, giving a side glance up to the older boy before looking down towards the crawling ants once more. Their shiny bodies glinted with sunlight as they moved in and out of the ant hill’s entrance, sometimes dragging leaves and other items inside with them. "Birds creep me out," he told Jazz. He was aware that some people could talk to them, including his dad Pilot, but that was just weird to him. Maybe some day he would learn that language (low speech it was called) but for now he would stick to his Italian lessons.

"I can’t wait ‘til I’m old enough to shift," he replied, turning to fully face Jazper. He was lucky… he was almost nine months old and would be seen as an adult by everyone else. Apollo wanted to be treated with the same kind of respect and seriousness that Jazz would soon receive. Apollo couldn’t wait to grow up. "I bet you're assited, huh." Apollo asked him, pronouncing 'excited' similar to how he would expect Sirius to say it.

[/html]
WC:344

Even though the soon to be adult hadn't spent that much time with his brothers he was still able to notice when one wasn't acting the way a pup should: happy and playful. Apollo had never been one to jump around and play fihgt unless asked, he was more of the quiet thinker. "You know you remind me of Dierdre abit. She was always looking for respect." He knew that the younger male wanted to be an adult. He had seen Apollo grow from being a fustrated mute newborn, to being a fustrated learning young puppy, and finally into his new age, the fight to want to be an adult but being stuck in a pup's body.

"I always hated being your age, I wanted to go hunting, learn to read, travel around, be independent and yet, Ares and Taka, my blood parents, never really cared for letting me off on my own." He sighed. I guess they were right..... God and Godess knows what would happen if he had been alone when thoughs rouges had attacked, he may not have survived."You know i'm excited!" He yipped in a friendly tone. He motioned for his brother to follow him and he started to walk towards the forest he had apeared from, "Now how about I take you out of veiw from the manor, you know juss walk around the packlands and explore abit, maybe catch a bite to eat?" He knew he wasn't supose to hunt by himself yet but he had been keeping his kill hiden by the outskerts of thier territory. He never clamed it as the packs kill, or his kill, he left it out of their territory so any passing animal could have it if they found it. He sniffed the air, there was no sign of danger. A small smile spread across his face as he looked to his brother, "You know Duece was teaching me to read before she left. I'm really getting good! Dad doesn't know yet though. Mum says he's not to fond of reading."
I'm back from vacation now, yay. 354 words. [html]

Dierdre. He knew that name, but he couldn’t think of why he knew it. But what Jazper said was probably true, Apollo was looking for some sense of respect, he just didn’t know it. The pup was confused about how he felt about his life, and he didn’t know if Twilight Vale was the best place for him to be. He just wanted to be older so that he could venture off on his own. He was smart enough to realize he couldn’t do that just yet. He didn’t know how to hunt or defend himself from predators. But he did know one thing. He didn’t quite feel like he belonged there.

"Sure, let’s go," he told his adoptive brother, as the two ventured towards the stand of trees. It was funny to seem them walk side by side, crisp white next to rich black. He wondered vaguely how he and his brother were connected to one another, because he realized they weren’t blood. He knew he had been told before, but he didn’t like to worry himself too much with details. But then he remembered. Dierdre. That’s why the name was familiar. Dierdre had been his mother – his real mother, the one he had never met – and she had adopted Jazper as her own. That was it. Now he knew.

"I’ve seen books in the house, but I never know what they say. Is it hard to read ‘em?" He blinked his eyes, shifting his gaze from his paws up to the land stretching away in front of them. He wondered if anyone had ever had the same kind of eyes as he had – one yellow and one that was vertically split with yellow and blue. He wasn’t aware that he got the mismatched eyes from his mother. What he did know was that the split eye was not something common in nature. He could tell by the way eyes feel on him whenever he approached a group. Even those familiar with it seemed to let their gaze linger there for just a moment longer. He wondered… was it some sort of omen?

[/html]
OOC: YAY! Welcome back. Oh ermm..I have a HUGE favor to ask. I need tw more threds to get the Guardian co-rank, I was hoping that since we're in a thread together and we're out in the forest if some random critter of sorts coudl attack. We'd just share the Power Playing of whatever type of animal it was. Probably a smaller animal since Jazper wasn't 9 months old yet in this thread.

The dark male never thought of Apollo as anything short of his brother. In his mind he knew that Apollow and Sirius were only adoptive brothers, that he was actually the odd one out but, he'd never let them see that. Let alone the fact that this young teen was also adoptive brohter to thier uncles, Tal and Noah. He has simply been passed around to three different families. He didn't belong to anyone. He let out a sigh as the walked step by step. Suddenly he stopped, his ears twisting from side to side as they reached a few steps into the forest. Just thier luck that they wouldn't have to go very far to find a nice hole of rabbits. He didn't move but he lowered his voice as he started slowly towards the rabbit hole. "Not that hard. I'll teach you sometime if you want. You know i'll always be here for you." It was true.

To some, they would look at him and see simpy as he thought before: three families, no real place to belong. His smile grew as he rememebred one inriching factor. He had simply gained two living fathers, a loving mother, and four little brothers. As well as a pack of welcoming ears and shoulders. He turned his amber eyes to the smaller white wolf nd simply said, "You're my family, blood or not I don't care. You, Tal, Noah, and Sirius will always have someoen here to protect you and teach you or just to listen to you. When you're older I know you'll probably explore abit, find out where you fit in. Just know you can always come back to me if your tiered of the big ol' world." He then lowered his body, motioning for Apollo to do the same his vocie now in a small wisper, "Careful of rocks and sticks, they make noise. Take a deep breathe and taste the air, a hole of rabbits are just a few leaps away from behind this bush. Do you hear them, taste them?"
Okay, no problem! Apollo will probably let Jazper lead the way, since he has never done any sort of hunting or interacting with other animals. :][html]

Even though Apollo probably would never admit it, he really took Jazper’s words to heart. His brother, whether blood or not, had meant those words that he had just said to Apollo. He may have been young, but Apollo could see that they were sincere. He appreciated that, especially since he felt so lost in this world and was still trying to find his place.

With the sudden change of tone and drop in volume, Apollo turned to observe the scenery stretched ahead of him. He breathed in slowly, trying to taste the air as Jazper suggested. He had never been hunting before, and had no idea the skills needed to do so. He listened intently for instructions, nodding as a response to let Jazper know he could taste the rabbits on the air. He didn’t speak, for fear or stirring up the animals and revealing their location. He gave a nod as to signal that he was ready to be taught – to see exactly how it was done.

[/html]
OOC: Okay how about a ....fox? XD It's about half the size of Jazper full grown.

As the white boy lowered to teh ground he grew silent. Maybehe was just being quiet so the rabbits didn't hear him? Jazper was thankful when Apollo nodded. So he wasn't upest at his words. The larger black male took a step forward over a small stick. He motioned for Apollo to follow close behind him. This was exsactly how Lucifer had taught him but, Lucifer had told Jazper to go ahead. Maybe with his brother being still young and small it was better for himself to go first. He suck a paw aorund the bush in in a second he was running towards the rabbits. They darted towards the hole a few meters away but the coal wolf cut off two of the younger ones who sprinted towards the bush Apollo was covered by. A smile crept across the young males muzzle as he chased hten, "Now brother!" He howled yipping a hunting call. His blood boiled with excitment, hunting was fun and wolves were ment to hunt the smaller amimals. He stopped as he heard a sound, a crack, from behind him. lancing around he saw nothing, but there was a smell in the air. One he was not use too. He turned back to watching the rabbits run deciding it was no threat to them.
Sure![html]

Apollo waited, feeling the dirt beneath his paws as he watched his brother silently stalk forwards. A thin grin had formed on his lips, but he made no sound. He wanted to do this perfectly – not wanting to ruin it for Jazper as well. With the sudden movement of his brother and the shrill call of his voice, Apollo flung himself towards the streaking forms of the rabbits. Of course, they were moving much too fast for him, but he did manage to clip one on its side as he went hurdling by it.

"I got it! I got it!" He squealed, before realizing his paw had only side swiped the hare. He turned on his paws, laughing, and trying to chase after the rabbits once more. They could easily escape the pup now. "Aww mann, they got away!" Apollo huffed, slowing his gait until he stopped all together.

[/html]
As his lighter brother ran after the rabbits his larger form came up beside him, keeping stride for stride watching. As a shout reached his ears, "I got it! I got it!" He slowed down letting Apollo take the kill only to notice he had only clipped one of the slower ones. His smile was large and foolish, a smile you would find on a child about to laugh. Though no laugh escaped his muzzle. He slowed with the white pup whom eventualy stoped. Jazper walked abit further away from the younger pup to the bush they had emerged from.

"Ya they do get away sometimes." He yipped happily, "I'm proud of you though. You listened well, you ran fast, and you almost got one!" He turned and waged his tail rady to run to his brother and play fight when he heard the shuffling form the further within the forest once more. This time it was too close. He turned to the trees closest to Apollo just in time to see a red fox a little bigger then hlaf the black males body emerge from the shadows beside the younger white puppy, growling and hissing. It was not a happy camper. His golden orbs grew in shock, what should he do?!
[html]

"Thanks Jazper!" Apollo offered, feeling the side effects of the adrenaline leaking in his veins. It had been quite a rush, and he couldn’t wait ‘til he got older. When he was big enough to hunt, Apollo was determined to become a skilled tracker. Watching the way Jazper moved had made him only that much more in a rush to grow up. He was glad that he enjoyed Jazper’s company, unlike Sirius.

He smiled at his brother, waiting for him to join him by his side once more. He figured the two of them could head somewhere else – maybe find some more rabbits. When the look on his brother’s face changed, Apollo frowned. What was wrong? A low growl emerged from behind him, and Apollo turned to see a fox. Though he would easily outgrow this creature when he was older, the fox was similar in size to the pup. His eyes grew wide as the creature hissed and lunged towards Apollo. "Ahhh!"

[/html]
Golden orbs watched in shock as the red creature leaped with a growl towards his little brother. As Apollo's yell reached his ears the shadowed wolf darted towards his white counter part. What would mom and dad think if he let Apollo die? Would they blame him? Would he be sad? These questions were all very obviously answered in his mind. Lucifer and Duece would be very upset, they would not blame him though deep down they would wish he had protected him, and he would blame himself, be angry for not doing more, and be upset for the rest of his life.

This left him with one choice, "Hide! He boomed as he leaped at the fox whom had landed on top of his brother. As wolf and fox rolled in the grass he bared his teeth and let out a deep throated growl as he snapped his teeth and scratched with his front paws deperatly. As they landed on the ground with a Thud He pushed the fox off of him and twisted much to his unfortune the fox jumped up and leaped back, cutting open his shoulder wiht its shrp teeht. He let out a small wimper but bit his lip to stop the noise. He riminde dhimself of his parents fighting and telling him to run. He never say them again. He finally gave a harsh growl and leaped atop of the fox grabbing it's neck before it could run away. Blood leaked threw his mouth as it twisted and flared wimpering form side to side, he put more pressure down. It stoped. Jazper dropped the dead creature to the ground and turned to his brother, "Are you okay?" He asked flinching slightly at the pain in his shoulder, he dared not look at the damage.
[html]

It all happened so quickly, and Apollo was grateful that his brother had been there to help defend him. Had he been alone, Apollo knew he would have been in trouble. He wouldn’t have gone out without a fight, but he was well aware he would have bore many more wounds then Jazper had received. He just couldn’t believe it all.

The fox lunged at him, teeth bared as a growling hiss came from its throat. Before Apollo had time to react, he was sent spilling onto his back, the fox leaping on top of him. Jazper jumped like a blur, prying the fox away. After regaining his footing, the white youth could only watch helplessly as his brother fought. When the rust hued frame went limp, he knew that Jazper was the victor. His shoulder, however, was stained crimson from a wound the creature had inflicted. "I’m alright. But you’re shoulder – we should go home so that Naniko can take a look at it."

[/html]