And if I'm flying solo...At least I'm flying free
[html]

WC:609

She did not know what had possessed her to run away when the other canine had approached her at the borders. She had wanted to make sure that the pup had gotten into the territory and had written his name into the dirt next to him…hopefully whatever canine took him in would realize what his true name was supposed to be. He’d been abandoned at birth by his real mother, whoever she was, so he at least deserved a nice name to make up for it. She’d had a crummy puppyhood herself but at least she’d had her name. That was something that had always made her feel better, when she would say her own name to herself. Wretch D’Angelo. She knew very few of her family members, but she had been proud that she had not lost absolutely everything. She still had her name…one piece of her past that she had been able to hold on to. It meant a lot…at that time she had still been wondering if she would ever regain memories of her life before she’d been found on the beaches of Dahlia by Saul.

Wretch wasn’t ready to settle down quite yet, especially with a family that she had never lived with before. It would be jumping into the water too soon; right now she just wanted to dip her toe in a bit and test the water. The first time she had gone to Salsola she’d been told that they didn’t really let guests inside. They had seemed to be a very secretive pack. This was good, in Wretch’s opinion…it meant that the group was secure and that they took care to keep risky canines out of their lands. But on the other hand, it also made it to where outside canines couldn’t really get a good grasp of what the pack was about. She wanted to know what Salsola had to offer her, if she was to display what she had to offer that pack as well. Wretch would have to go and look at some other packs and see what they had to offer canines who wanted to join. She’d need to do a bit of investigating. She knew that she did not want to go back to Ichika, the pack that she’d been attacked outside of on three separate occasions. She just didn’t feel safe there any longer.

She approached the border of Ichika, sitting down and lifting her head to call for someone’s attention. She was hoping that a familiar face would show…she wanted to let them know that she had officially left the pack and that she had no plan to return…along with the fact that she’d been attacked. She also wanted to hopefully get a message passed on to Jace. She wanted the female to tell her father to come and look for her if he ever found his way back to Ichika. He was one of the canines that she missed the most from the pack, other than Jace. Wretch wondered what the other female's pups were like, and if she would be able to meet them sometime now that she had chosen to leave. Would Jace hold this decision against her, or would she accept it? She hoped that everyone would understand her reason for leaving. Wretch needed to take this chance to become more independent and to do things for herself. She wanted to learn the ways of the world and experience new things that she had never experienced before in her lifetime. She’d spent a lot of time cooped up inside of that bird cage of a house…now was her chance to fly.

<style>
.wretchroad .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretchroad b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]

Bust busy busy! All the time now she was busy! Like a little worker bee. She was trying to make herself forget the horror of Shiloh's miscarriage and the subsequent remembering of her own. So she hid her sorrow and pain behind a mask of smiled and laughter, she knew that Temo was not fooled though and neither was Honrin although the girls seemed to accept her back as their cheerful mother despite the way she had held all of them when she had returned, shaken, soaking and shivering with more demons and ghosts that had re-rose than a disturbed graveyard. It had left her reeling in some ways, confused in others and fiercely protective of her own in all. She had not seen Kiara, Shiloh or Sarian since the incident, X'yrin had been absent from her life as well in the past two day and Jace worried over her, easily found out, pregnant friend. It wasn't that she had purposely gone out of her way to avoid the two closer females she had just not run into them and kind of hoped it stayed that way for a longish while, she had no desire to be constantly reminded of her own dead children that hung over her head like a black stormy cloud.

She almost ignored the call from the borders when she heard it. Having just returned to her home for a bit of well needed and desired rest and relaxation Jace had been startlingly unwilling to move. It had been Honrin in fact that had urged his mother to attend to the call that had graced all their ears and he had insisted upon coming along as well, with Keldava strangely enough. The two puppies were plodding along in front of here where she could keep an eye on them so that they didn't wander off. She was extremely glad that she had listened to her son's words for there at the borders was Wretch who she had not seen for such a long time, she had missed the younger girl...woman! a hell of a lot. She sped up as the younger girl came into her view, Honrin and Keldava having to leap through the snow to keep up with her longer strides.

As she reached Wretch she pulled her into a hug, tail wagging madly behind her whilst Honrin waited patiently behind her. Keldava however was interested to know who this new woman was and was already tugging on the fur of her feet.

"Wretch! It's so good to see you. I've missed you so much." Genuine happiness laced her voice, she thought that her almost adopted daughter had come to return to her at last, it would break Jace's heart when she learned that she was leaving for good. Keldava woofed to bring the attention onto her small dark brown and tan form.

"These are two of the children I gave birth to while you were away. This is Keldava and that is Honrin." Only when he was mentioned by name did the strange quiet white boy child come forwards several paces.

He knew, like it was some kind of psychic knowledge as soon as that voice had come from the borders that it was his mother that had to answer it. But she seemed unwilling to stand back up now that she had sat down. In an uncharacteristic display of noise and movement the small boy growled at her and grabbed hold of ashen fur, tugging on it,

"Mother, answer!" He had to repeat himself several times before she warily listened to him, she was slowly learning that when Honrin got his 'funny feelings' he was often right about something, speaking of which. The ivory boy dashed back inside whilst Jace held the door open ready to depart, her voice floated after him as he returned quickly with Keldava in tow, she was to come as well he felt. Their journey to the borders was somewhat fun and he got to spend a little one on one time with his most distant sister which the both of them were grateful for. When they finally did reach the woman they were supposed to the boy hung back, letting his mother and sister receive the attention from this Wretch girl that his mother fawned over like she was a long lost sister or relative. He even ignored the shadows and lights and images to watch over the three of them.

When his name was called he came forwards and sat next to his mother's leg, looking up at the tall luperci with a small grin, the most he had shown anybody that was not his father, mother or sisters. "Namaste" His eerily adult voice came from a small body with adult amber eyes to match. His hatred of being small flared up inside his chest and he ignored that a well, soon he would be old enough to shift and he would be able to stand tall like everyone else, how he longed for that day.
[html]

WC:392

She was learning the value of not making decisions rashly. The girl had taken a very long time to decide to leave Ichika, and today she was coming back to the pack to tell them with surety. Wretch would do it whether they wished her to or not because she felt that she had a good and justified reason for going. She had tried to wait to see if Saul might come back...but even he could not keep her from the decision that she had made. Wretch had now had a taste of what it was like to live outside of the confines of a pack and she had a hard time thinking about ever going back at this point in time. She was smart and knew that she couldn't have the kind of life she wanted right now while taking care of a puppy...so she had taken the whelp to a safe place. She didn't have the time or patience to try and deal with having another little life to take care of...she didn't know if she would ever want it. But right now she'd had nothing to feed the thing nor the know-how to care for it.

It seemed that she was having a lucky day. Jace was the one to appear at the borders today, two little puppies following along behind her. Wretch looked at them with interest, as curious about them as they seemed to be about her. Yes, I've returned. Just for a short amount of time, though...I must be on my way after this. I was wondering if my father had returned...or if you had seen him. He had been one of her last ties to the land, and she did want to know how he was doing. She would ask to visit him if he were here, but if not she would ask Jace to ask after him when he did eventually come home. Whenever that was. The pups seemed polite, and she gave a nod of greeting to each one of them after Jace released her from the hug. "How old are they now? I was wondering how you had been...but I didn't know about coming back. I got tired of being attacked...I was attacked twice outside the borders while I was here, and once while trying to come back to see my father."

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchroad { background-color:#C37400; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mwRV1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.wretchroad .inner {margin:140px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]

Her happy smile was quickly wiped from her face when Wretch said that she wasn't staying, how sad. She would only get to see her for a very brief visit then. Her tail slowed and then stopped all together. Honrin looked at his mother with a concerned glint in his eyes. Keldava however, oblivious to the change in atmosphere yipped as she was nodded at. Honrin in a sudden flurry of movement leapt forwards and nipped his sister's ear, provoking her to chase him a short way from the female where they then wrestled together in the snow. It was all a ploy for Honrin though, to give his mother and this new woman time to talk without worrying about children around their feet.

A slight frown pulled at her muzzle as she realised that Wretch meant she wasn't coming back period, at all, and resisted the urge to demand the young girl stay here with her, that wouldn't help the situation at all,

"No I haven't seen Saul at all. He left a little while after you to go and try find Gideon and his other family. Nayru gave birth recently as well, to a little girl." Jace added in the last part in a twisted way to try and tempt Wretch back although she knew it was fruitless really to even try. The female obviously had her mind set even if she hadn't said anything yet, Jace could see the spark of freedom in her eye, it was hard to give that up to rejoin a pack with rules and such.

"They're over two months now. There are two others as well. Pandora looks a lot like me with all the colors and markings, and Dalgina is the spit of Temo, black fur and brown eyes." She settled into a full frown as Wretch spoke of her being attacks,

"That's awful. You need to go and be safe then, where whoever it is can't find you. If they try to come around here again they'll be dealing with the sharp end of my knives." She spoke the last part with a growl to her voice, peaceful pack or not, Jace had a seething vat of anger for those who would attack her own.
[html]

WC:1,477 >_>

The girl needed to learn how to live on her own...needed it more than anything else. Her entire life had spent locked up in a cage; she had been treated as if she were a fragile flower that would wilt if it got too much sunlight, kept inside as she had healed up from her emotional and physical scars. Those days spent alone had affected her deeply, disturbed her even at times. It wasn't normal for a canine to spend so much time by themselves...they needed interaction. She had needed it. Wretch had not known it at the time, but being around others was one of the most important things. Life was about building relationships with others and working together to make the best out of things no matter what situation. She was a pack canine and would always be one...but this was a part of her life that she needed to get through, with the help of Tawny. She wanted to be more normal, to be like everyone else...so she needed to experience what the world was really like out there. Find things out for herself and make all new experiences with new and different people that she came across by herself. In some ways she felt the same as before, the same scared little girl that had woken up on the beaches of Dahlia, but in other ways she felt that she had done a complete 180. Her personality was much the same, but some of her social anxiety was lifting as she met new and different types of canines. She was trying to push herself more to be more social and to interact in different ways with others than she ever had before.

Her main problem had always been that she didn't know what to say or do in some situations. She was beginning to learn that sometimes everyone felt that way and that she just needed to push through and make a decision, one way or the other. She would make mistakes and she was not perfect, but that was just a part of life. Tawny was helping to teach her these lessons, along with other ones that she could not have learned in other places. When she was around Tawny she felt different than when she was with anyone else. Wretch couldn't put her finger on what the feeling was, exactly, but even a simple touch from the other female sent sparks through her and set her heart beating more quickly than ever. Wretch didn't have a mother to explain such things to her, and Saul hadn't given her much of an explanation when she had inquired about things like that in the past. Perhaps it had brought up bad memories for him, because he hadn't had a love interest while she'd been growing up until Siku had come along...and perhaps her father-figure didn't have much experience with things like that, anyway. Not enough to share with his daughter, whether she needed the lesson badly or not. Jace had helped to clear up some of her questions about being in a mateship and what that meant, but until she actually experienced something like that she would probably not know for sure what bits of advice would apply to her and what wouldn't. Every relationship was different. Siku had left Saul and then she'd come back for a short while...but Wretch didn't smell her around and had assumed that she was gone, too. Maybe she was the real reason behind why Saul had left.

There were times when Wretch wondered how different she would be if she had grown up with her actual family and had gone to live in Salsola. She felt that the root of most of her anxieties had to do with the fact that she had been raised without many others around, and that she hadn't been able to be very mobile as a pup. If she had been able to get out of the house more and explore like other pups did, she would probably have met many other canines in and out of the pack and would possibly have gained more confidence. Instead, she had grown up in a secluded cabin far from the rest of the pack and then in a bedroom where she'd had more privacy than she could ever need. She had learned to enjoy being alone and had made up her own games to play with herself and the creatures that she occasionally found, but would she have been different if she'd not been injured and if she had grown up around other canines? Salsola seemed to be a very interesting pack to her...would she have been more like Salvia or Pandemic if she'd gone with them, rather than the socially awkward, anxious creature that she currently was? She wasn't sure how things would have been different. She would have had a mother and a father...maybe that would have helped things. Saul had been as good of a parent as he could be, under the circumstances. He'd been an unmated male who had little to no experience with children. What more could she expect out of him? He'd loved her unconditionally and had been good to her.

She was interested in hearing the news of the pack whether she agreed with the leadership or not. Wretch felt as if they did not do enough to protect their members from harm, and wondered if basic self-defense was something that ought to be taught to each and every member should they want such a lesson. She would have taken it, if she had been healed. She should have known that Saul wouldn't be back; Wretch had made the right decision in leaving the pack after all. She didn't know what her father's reason was for leaving them all behind like he had...but she had hoped to at least be able to say she was sorry for running off or to tell him goodbye. It saddened her that he wasn't around for that, but at the same time she could understand a canine's need to get away and branch off. "She's OK? I..are they my uncle's pups, or no?" She asked curiously. If Gideon's ex-mate had given birth to his pups, he would probably want to know. Too bad that he was nowhere to be found either, though.

The girl was glad to hear that Jace's pups had all been born without incident. "That's great, Jace"She had heard that the birthing process was rather dangerous and that mothers could even die if things didn't go right, so she had worried a bit for the multicolored canine's health over the last few months. Wretch had no interest in having pups of her own any time soon (if ever), but it was fun enough to watch someone elses' temporarily. It seemed that the litter had a nice mix in coloration to it, that some looked like Jace and some like Temo. Wretch had discovered that she looked nothing like her mother except in build...but she had yet to meet Larkspur, her father. "I found my real family, Jace. I didn't tell anyone else yet except for Tawny. But they live in Salsola. I have a mother, sister, brother, and even a father...along with a new litter that was born not too long ago. I hope they'll let me visit them more. But for now, I want to continue being a loner." She explained.

The fact that Jace was willing to defend her against an outside attacker despite her not being a part of the pack any more made her smile. So Jace really did care about her, at least a bit. Wretch had trouble knowing who did and who didn't any more, what with Saul taking off. She supposed that true friends were those who stuck with you and were there for you no matter what, though. Jace was a really good friend. "I had to fight my way out of two of them - they were coyote mixes, each one. The second time I was more prepared than the first. He spoke to me for a little while and gained my trust before attacking. I don't know what his motive was..but a few slashes across his face with my knife and he was out of there. I guess he didn't expect a girl to be armed with anything." Wretch didn't know about some types of assaults, including sexual ones - she had never been exposed to it before. "I really hurt the first one, though. I wasn't expecting it and he jumped me...I really, really hurt him." She came close to admitting that she had killed him, but backed away from the subject. Wretch was afraid of what Jace might think. Protecting one's friends was one thing...but protecting someone who had murdered someone was something else entirely.

<style>
</style>[/html]