There's only butterflies
[html]
All Welcomed

It was nearing nightfall when she awoke, eyes snapping open. Now that she had actually experienced an attack she was a lot warier, though she hadn't taken the offer to stay inside Twilight Vale. She didn't want her pack to think that she was consorting with the neutral wolves, anyway...she didn't want Haku to get mad at her. So she slept just outside the border, where she could still occasionally go inside to check on Cercelee. Her cousin seemed to be improving, but only one day had passed so far, and Naniko had said that the other white wolf was hurt very badly.

She'd gotten her own paw looked at quickly before she'd taken off, though now that she was shifted it had ended up being a hand. When she had changed she hadn't even noticed the pain of it...she'd been too focused on what Hybrid had been doing to her leader.

She put her head down onto her paws, eyes going up toward the moon. She knew that Cercelee didn't agree with what was going on, but she was the one who had given Haku a place in their pack. She should stick with Dahlia de Mai no matter what happened. Maybe Ember had rushed into something too soon, with joining...it seemed like she spent more time away from the lands than actually on them any more anyway. There wasn't really anyone in the pack that she liked being around except for Cercelee.

[/html]
[html]
I saw this thread all lonely, and since I'm waiting for replies on all my current threads I thought I'd reply Smile Plus now Savina will know all your characters!
wc 407

Darkness was quickly sweeping across the earth as the wolfess silently moved through the light forest. She lived for the night, it made her feel so alive. The femme felt alive in the daytime as well, but it was different at night, more primal. With her ebony pelt she was nearly invisible in the black of night, only her eyes gave her away, like burning emerald fires. Savina knew that she was leaving pack territory, but she wasn't worried. From what she had gathered the coyote clan was far off, so she was fairly certain there was nothing to fear. Even if there were, it would be easy to get away. The Pyxis of Twilight Vale was not as strong as some, but she was quick. In the night she could be nothing more than a shadow moving in the woods.

As the blackness moved in around her she picked up her pace, going into a fast trot. With her leg she dared not run full out yet, though she sorely wanted to. Savina found few things more exhilarating than running through a forest at night. The female felt some adrenaline slowly leak into her veins, her perception and awareness shooting up more in effect. It felt like forever since the girl had done something like this, she could barely even remember the last time. All she knew for sure was that she hadn't done it here in her new home. The onyx female soon was shaken from her private thoughts as the scent of another wolf entered her nose. It was thinly laced with the scent of blood, but it was very faint. Having no other matters pressing her at the moment, she decided to go find the other lupine and talk them. Hopefully they were not injured or aggressive, because if not perhaps they would like to join her on her moonlit walk.

When she became close to the location of the stranger, she slowed herself down to a slow walk, silently coming up behind the wolf. Their coat was dusky as hers was. Savina smirked, thinking what a great pair the two of them would make running through the night covered lands. "Hello. I hope I find you well this evening." Her Italian-accented words came out of her mouth softly as a breeze, not wanting to startle the one in front of her. The wolfess looked at her kindly, eyes shining like illuminated jewels.

[/html]
[html]

She was recovering, too, from her bites and scratch wounds...but she was more worried about Cercelee. Her cousin had been in very bad shape when she'd brought her here, and Ember didn't feel right leaving her there amongst strangers. Well...Naniko wasn't a stranger any more, she supposed, but Cercelee hadn't known her from the start like Ember had. It was these days that she missed Dierdre--her older sibling's sarcastic remarks and too-cool attitude always made her feel better, strangely. Everyone in Twilight Vale was so...nice all the time. It was kind of weird.

Eyes in the darkness before her made her own widen, and she took a step backwards. She wasn't interested in fighting, no matter how tough she talked. She'd only fight someone if they came to hurt Cercelee again...or her cousin Haku. She just wanted to protect her family, that was all. "I...I'm doing better, thank you." The young female's soprano voice came through the darkness, aimed toward the dark shadow that stood before her. "I was watching for coyotes. They got my cousin...she's staying in the packlands beyond the hill, Twilight Vale."

[/html]
[html]
wc 332

Instantly she could tell that she had startled the young wolf. Of course you did idiota! Sneaking up on her in the darkness like that! There was a small pool of moonlight between them and Savina gently stepped into it so the young girl could see her. "I apologize. I did not mean to startle you. That was not my intention." A sheepish smile crept across her slender muzzle. "I'm afraid my wilder part got the better of me." Her tail began to wag happily. The wolfess was trying to do all she could to make the other femme feel at ease, that she was in no danger from two-year-old.

The female's ears pricked forward at the mention of coyotes. Savina knew of the problems with them, but yet she knew that Twilight Vale was a safe haven, and attempting to stay neutral in the fight. This was the first she had heard of a direct fight between a wolf and a coyote. Apparently the one before her had been slightly injured as well, but to the eyes she appeared in good shape. "I'm glad to hear you are recovering. If your cousin is in Twilight Vale you should not have any worry of coyotes coming after her. I'm a Twilight Vale member and I know that Naniko, our Andromeda, has made an arrangement with the coyotes. We do not trouble them and they do not trouble us. Your cousin will be left to recover in peace as long as she is within the borders." The Pyxis gave the younger female a warm, friendly smile to reassure her.

"Once again, I'm sorry for the way I approached you. My name is Savina, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance." The sable lady dipped her head slightly in a bowing gesture. "I was simply walking through the woods. I love to walk through the forests at night. When I caught your scent I thought that perhaps you would like to join me?"

[/html]
[html]

They looked a lot alike, she and this female, though Ember's coat had a bit more brown in it. She wasn't a purely black wolf like this one was...she was imperfect. She couldn't see the other fae's eyes through the darkness or she would have been surprised to find that they were nearly the exact same shade of green as her own. How strange!

Ember was never one to pass up the opportunity for a nice walk or run. It'd make the blood flow better, and she'd probably heal even faster if she did exercise. It was good for recovery to keep moving around.

She felt bad for making Savina think that she had to apologize. She was the one who should have been watching out better! Some scout she was! "It's not your fault at all, miss...it's mine. I'm a scout in my pack...I'm horrible at it." Ember nodded at the invitation. "I'm Ember--and sure! I don't see why not. A walk sounds great. Where are we headed?"

[/html]
[html]
Green Eyes 4 Lyfe XD And this is kinda short, but we'll have more to talk about soon Smile I'm also completely inspired by the Corpse Bride right now

Savina cocked her head to the side, thinking of where a good place to go would be. Off the top of her head she couldn't think of anything particularly interesting about the forest. But there was a place near by that would probably look wonderful in the moonlight. Her tail began to wag at that thought and her eyes glistened as she looked back at the near mirror image of herself. "I think I know just the place Ember. It's inside the pack territory, but its just on the edge and not far. Follow me!" And with that the shadowy femme turned and began to run south. She wasn't going at her full speed, but still a good strong fast pace.

This was the life. Running through the forest with the moon to light your way. Nothing better, nothing better. She called back to the younger female. "So, what pack are you from Ember?" Her Italian tinged words floating through the darkness like ghostly butterflies.

[/html]
[html]

She did enjoy running. Ember had never really had a running partner before, and to find this female so willing, even inviting her to go for a run, was exciting. The young female didn't have a lot of friends...no friends, really, unless Laruku counted. But he was family. Did that count? That was the one thing that Ember did have a lot of, family members. She got along with all of them pretty well, with the exception of her sister Firefly.

She didn't find it hard to understand Savina as they ran along together, her breath coming out in even bursts. She just had to think about the fae's words a bit before she answered. "I live in Dahlia de Mai. But my cousin Cercelee is staying here, so I come to see her. Do you have family around here?"

[/html]
[html]
Maybe in your next thread you can bring up either shifting or the whole mate-wanting thing. Whichever you want Big Grin
wc 306

As the two shadowy femmes galloped through the wooded hills, Savina's ears pricked back to catch Ember's response to her question. So this young girl lived with Cercelee, and was even related to her. Perhaps she was the wolf that carried the badly injured ivory female to Twilight Vale. "I know Cercelee! I just met her the other day. She's a really nice wolf. I think her wounds are healing up pretty well." If Ember had been visiting her cousin, she probably already knew that last part, but it was never bad to hear it from someone else. In another situation, the question about family might have made Savina a bit morose, but she was in too good of a mood right now to let it bring her down. "Not any blood family, no. I'm not from here, I came from Italy. Its a country that's across the ocean. I've only been here for a little over a month."

The wolfess' keen nose picked up the scent of the pack border as they raced past it. It wouldn't be long now until they reached their destination. It had been so long since she'd had a good run like this that it was beginning to take its toll on her. Her muscles were being to ache, but it was a good ache. It let you know you were alive. And then there it was. Rabbit Lake, but as she hadn't ever seen it before. It was beautiful in the moonlight. The ebony female came to stop on a large flat rock overlooking the waters. "Here we are! This is Rabbit Lake. I thought it'd be a good place to see at night. Maybe we can also take a moonlit swim." Her pink tongue lolled out of her mouth while she panted, cooling herself off from their sprint.

[/html]
[html]

"I try to stay around and watch her, to make sure that she's doing okay. I'm glad that there are so many people looking out for her!" Ember smiled. It was easy to get along with this wolf, which was strange. Usually Ember had problems relating to or even starting a conversation with someone else. Savina had already done half the work for her in approaching her to begin with.

"I thought there was something in the way you talked. It's kind of cool." The yearling female's tail swished back and forth in a genial nature as they trotted along. "Do you usually stay in this form to swim? I can't shift, with my injury...I never really did well with shifting to begin with, though, so it's all good." She looked into the waters.

[/html]
[html]

When Ember mentioned shifting she found herself looking away, embarrassed. Shifting was such commonplace around here, and before now she'd never lived in a pack that did shift. Savina had the ability to do so, just not the experience or the comfort. Though the fact that her similarly toned companion said she had trouble with it made her feel less the fool. "Yeah I do. The fact is I always stay in this form. When I was back in Italy the pack I lived in never shifted from our natural form. I did it once when I was younger, just to know what it was like. Though it didn't do me much good, cause I really don't have the confidence to try again."

Slender body sat down on the rock, staring into the rippling water. It was something that was beginning to nag at the two year old more and more. At first it hadn't bothered her, but being here for a while now she thought that being able to shift would be a good skill to have. She had a feeling she would still prefer her four legged form, but being able to change would only help her. "I really want to learn how to though. Its just...I'm a bit embarrassed to ask for the help. Since most know how to do it so well here."

[/html]
[html]

"Well...I don't think it's weird or anything. I loooove swimming...especially like this. It feels better to me. I have a bad habit of getting hurt...so I don't think I'll be changing any time soon." Shifting, anyway. Ember didn't mind whatever form Savina wished to stay in. As long as she was happy, and having a good time. But Savina didn't look as into it as she had before, which made her concerned. "Well...I know how. It took me a while to get it right, but I can try and give you some tips?"

She didn't want to make it seem like she knew more than this older and wiser female, though, so she waited for an answer.

[/html]
[html]

The smile came back to the dark femme's face with Ember's words. "Well it makes me feel good that you don't think its weird. And I love swimming too, especially in the summer when it gets so hot for wolves with our coloring." It was the best way to cool down in the heat of the days she had found. It also worked more muscles than simply running did. A good way to keep in shape. And just a fun way to pass the time.

Her ears perked up when her friend said she had some tips that could help Savina with her shifting. "Really? You'd be willing to do that?" The wolfess had been embarrassed to ask for help, but since Ember was offering it it seemed better. It might also help that she was fairly new to shifting herself. "That'd be great if you could help me. I mean, I know I'll probably still prefer this form, but I think it will be good for me to have the knowledge and the ability to shift when I want to."

[/html]
[html]

She slid all the way into the water, dipping her head underneath the surface for a second. "Ahh. This is perfect!" It was so nice and cool! She nodded in agreement with Savina. "You're right. I think our coats attract the sun." She wasn't sure how else to explain it. She didn't know how to read very well, so she didn't know a lot of the human concepts...like dark colors absorbing light.

"I don't know many other black wolves, except for Khaden. And you now, too! I wouldn't mind helping you at all--you seem like a really nice wolf. And I need to repay Naniko somehow...maybe helping her packmates would be a start." Naniko had done so much for her and Cercelee.

Ember thought for a moment, floating on her back in the water. "Hmmm. Well. What do you usually do when you try to shift?"

[/html]
[html]
wc 305

As Ember made her way into the cool waters of the lake, Savina smiled and her tail began to wag. Once the younger girl's head reappeared from below the water's surface the Twilight Vale wolf followed her new friend in. She walked in slowly, but soon she was dog paddling out to where Ember was. She loved the feeling of water surrounding her. Some wolves found it unpleasant, and didn't like it. One might expect the Italian wolf to feel the same after her ordeal at sea, but it hadn't ruined this for her. She really enjoyed swimming and playing in the water. Always had, always would. "This is perfect!"

Savina hadn't met many wolves who were black either, that is until she came here. It was rather odd how many of them there were in Twilight Vale alone. "I hadn't either until I started to live here. There are actually a lot of them in our pack though. There's Khaden, Soran, Jazper, Nella, Lucifer, and myself. Its really rather weird when I think about it." When she was younger she had been lead to believe that their pelt color was somewhat rarer than many. Yet here she was in a land covered in dark wolves.

The femme hadn't thought about it until now, but she didn't even really remember what you were supposed to do when you wanted to shift. She had been told when she came of age, and when she tried it for the first and only time. Yet that had been quite a while ago, and she had forgotten. "Honestly, I don't even remember what you're supposed to do when you want to shift." A soft laugh came from the jet lupine. She felt more comfortable talking about her ignorance on this subject with Ember than she had with any other.

[/html]
[html]

The younger female sat down with her bottom against a sandbar in the middle, a part of the lakebed that was raised slightly higher than the rest. She tried to think about what she did when she wanted to shift, the things she concentrated upon. "I usually think about what I'd look like in my fully shifted form. Or halfling form. Sometimes the halfling form can be even more useful...you can still pick things up and you have thumbs, but you can fit in smaller places easier."

She wasn't really one for the biggest form--it made her feel bulky. "And then I think about how this change would happen--I concentrate on each part of my body that I want to change...and then a few minutes later it's done"

[/html]
[html]

The two year old swam over to the same sandbar that Ember had perched herself on. She supposed that if she were going to try this it wouldn't be smart to do it while swimming. She took note of everything the girl said, trying to understand it all as best she could. It was difficult though. Savina had no idea what she would look like in either form. Of course she had seen what other wolves looked like, but they all looked different. Maybe she only had to concentrate on the form, not the small details. At least she hoped that would work.

The female closed her green eyes and began to concentrate on going into the halfling form. She figured that would be the best thing to start with. Doing as Ember said, she pictured a secui formed wolf in her mind, and then thought of the different parts of her body that had to change. As things began to shift and change, a great pain shot through her body. A yelp escaped her and she shivered a bit. She looked over at Ember, jade eyes wide. "Does it always hurt like that? It feels awful..." The wolfess had barely even begun to shift and it hurt.

[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc: God, I love the Battlestar Galactica theme song so much ;_; It's so, so cool. I think they said it was an Indian chant or something. Which is sweeeeeet.

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

"For me, it hurt for a long time." She admitted.
"It...depends on how badly you want it, I suppose. Maybe it will stop hurting after a while, though, like mine did." She didn't know that her grandmother Ceres had also had a lot of trouble with shifting, problems nearly parallel to her own. It seemed that such things ran in her family. Ember knew where a lot of her family members lived, but she'd never really asked anyone for a family history yet.

Maybe Laruku would know. She thought about this for a moment, then looked at Savina.
"Do you have any siblings? Maybe they could tell you whether it hurt for them, too. It might be normal for your family"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]