Whirlwind
[html]

Jan 20

The commotion of the festival was frightening for the coywolf. Terra had heard about a big celebration, and had come to check it out. She loved celebrations, being together with others and feasting, followed by games that went on long into the night. This didn't look like any of the celebrations she'd ever been to though. It was frightening, with so many strangely garbed luperci. Terra had come in her optime form, prepared to learn more about how to use it. Instead she'd been captured by the pull of the crowd, unable to keep herself rooted in one place.

Wildly she looked around for someone, anyone she recognized. Terra was alone though. Whimpering softly she searched for a quiet place to get a grip on what was happening. She was no coward, but for someone used to the silence of the woods and only the company of her pack this was too much for her to take in on her own. She'd wanted to learn more, but without a guide the information became a blur, a useless stream of color and noise that overwhelmed the young hybrid. She squeezed herself into a gap between stalls, and took a deep breath. What was all this?

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Set before the feast thread <33

The excitement was tangible. It floated around in the air and anyone in the vicinity was liable to infection. Of course, the young Stormbringer was more than happy to soak up a little bit of the excitement and anticipation roaming around. The truth was, no-one knew what to expect from this event. It had never been done before and this was the first large gathering of the majority of the packs he'd ever seen. There were so many opportunities presented before him that he found his head a whirlwind of thoughts and plans. The festival was here for a month and Saul knew that he would have as much time as he liked to trade and explore what was going on. His only qualm was the fact that he might not be able to see Teme as much as he would have liked- he was still in Nayru's care and the two hadn't explicitly spoken of their plans yet.

For now, it was a waiting game in the crowds around the tent. He couldn't see anyone he knew and while that didn't bother him too much, he was a little perplexed. He knew a lot of his fellow Ichikans had crossed the mountains to join the festivities. He couldn't even spot Eclipse who he'd travelled down with. Still, there was always adventure in the madness. Saul was about to step forward when a confused looking luperci caught his eye. She seemed to have no idea what was going on- sheer panic crossed her face. He had no idea to whom she belonged to, but that wasn't the point. He thumbed the strap of his satchel across his chest as she backed away into the alley between tents.

He didn't realise he was moving until a body hit him and he almost fell. The crush outside the tent would soon thin out as they took their seats around the various tables inside and out. But for now, there were still a lot of Luperci around here. He moved quickly then, weaving and dodging between people as he made his way towards the dusty coloured female. He heard her gasp for breath before he came to a stop at her side. "I'm a friend." He spoke quickly to establish that he meant no harm. "Sit down on the floor and put your head between your knees- it will help you to breath easier." His voice was strong and firm, but there was a gentle and caring edge to it that wouldn't be ignored. He waited to see if she would follow his instructions, his mind racing to think of anything he had in his bag that might help her.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
447+

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

A stranger arrived. With her instincts set on edge she flashed her teeth at him before his words sank in. Wordlessly Terra complied, ducking down and placing her head between her legs. Breathing slowly now she focused on the ground before her. Dirt, that was a familiar smell. The wolf before her, as well. She could no longer see the chaos, her ears still twitching round and round at all the noise. Slowly she brought her focus in, until only the small world she could see existed. Relaxed now she lifted her head, a shy smile on her face.

Thank you. Not used to so much. Terra looked around again, sending her mind racing as she tried to process it. As soon as it threatened to overwhelm her Terra turned, locking eyes with the wolf who brought her back from the brink. Her hackles were ever so slightly raised, uncertainty running through her body. I came to learn, to try all these new things. Guess I should have brought someone along to help me. Terra choked out a small laugh, trying not to let herself be overwhelmed again. As long as she had a focus point, she was fine. If that went though, the confusion threatened to seize her once more.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<33

Her teeth flashed white just a few seconds before his first words registered in her mind. He could see the words click into place in her understanding of the situation, and the defensive silent warning receded as she sunk to the floor. Saul followed suit, settling in front of her instead of behind her so that they might be able to talk properly once she'd recovered. Her breath came in gasps for a few moments more before her own green eyes settled on something on the ground and she began to draw in deeper breaths that pleased him. It would not do for her to pass out here, in the midst of all this chaos. Her shoulders started to relax, her breathing not so desperate, returning to an even and normal pace. She lifted her head slowly, a small shy smile on her face. She thanked him and Saul inclined his head softly.

"Its not a problem, miss. It can get a little overwhelming when everyone surrounds you like that. Are you feeling better?"

He asked, critical green eyes trying to determine if there was anything else wrong with her. He couldn't, in all conscience, send her out into the crowd once more without determining if she was okay or not. She seemed okay, but as she looked around, he saw her pupils dilate and her breathing hitch. She'd caught sight of the crowd once again. Her own green eyes snapped back and caught Saul's emerald pools, perhaps taking an anchor there. He reached his hand out, checking her pulse at her wrist. He noticed her hackles were still slightly raised and Saul didn't blame her for being a little wary of him. Her voice came again and Saul nodded softly, a fatherly smile on his face.

"That might have been a good idea. But once the feast is done with, everything will calm down a little and you'll be able to explore properly."

He said, reassured that her pulse was okay and she seemed to be alright. He looked back up at her, trying to determine where she'd come from. One of the best ways to find this information was to offer his own information first. "I'm Saul Stormbringer, from Ichika no Ho-en." He stated simply, hoping she would understand that he wanted to know who she was and where she'd come from.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
394+

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

The stranger took her hand, holding onto her wrist. Terra glanced down curiously, not understanding what he was doing. It was comforting to feel another's touch though, so she didn't fight against it. She smiled again as he assured her that the noise would calm down. That would be good. Once everything stopped being so chaotic, maybe Terra could start sorting through what was happening, make actual sense of what everyone was doing.

Hearing that he was from the peace pack Terra's tail thumped against the wall. I'm Terra, from Cour des Miracles. I have a friend in your pack. Her name's Eclipse. The world had calmed down, steadying her. Sorting through the crowd still was too much, her mind fighting with all the information thrown at her. Knowing that it would be best to just take it one step at a time Terra straightened up. She partly stood, crouched as she peered around Saul, looking at the crowds again. As a shield against the noise, Terra felt secure where she was, more at peace.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<33

The physical touch from his hand to her wrist seemed to calm her more and while Saul was pleased that she was no longer wary of him, he also didn't want to keep hold of her wrist any longer than necessary. He didn't know the girl and it would be inappropriate for him to hold onto her any longer than he had to. With a small smile, he released her wrist, mentally noting that her pulse was normal and her panic attack seemed to have passed. He wasn't the most experienced medic, that he was certain of. But he was a good reader and he knew a lot about what he'd chosen as his profession. He thought, not for the first time, that it would be a good idea to see if he could find other medics from other packs among the ranks to share knowledge and create ties to other knowledge if he should ever need it.

He caught her tail thumping softly against the ground and he smiled softly towards her. It was the response he was pleased about- Ichika was a peace loving pack and their mission statement was to spread the peace and love that they lived in. That this female recognised that he came from a peaceful pack was a good thing. Of course, her words made him smile softly. Her name was Terra, an apt name he thought. He couldn't remember meeting another wolf from Cour des Miracles, but she seemed nice enough. "Its good to meet you Terra" He offered in return, before her words continued. He felt the grin spread across his lips. There was only one Eclipse in Ichika, and she happened to be his cousin.

"Is that so? She's my cousin- one of my closest relatives at the moment as well." He chuckled, thinking of the cousin who had grown up so much since the summer. It saddened him to think that they'd grown apart and the young male was determined to bond with his younger cousin, to build those bonds back up. He smiled once more, turning back to Terra. "Are you here to trade as well, or just to meet people?" He asked, wondering if the female had an alternative agenda for coming to the festival or not.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
381+

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Hearing Saul and Eclipse were cousins, bringing a large smile to her lips. Really? That's wonderful! Terra's world of family worked differently. Family was mainly pack, though as one got older they tended to leave as they sought their own life. They usually returned, with their own family started, bringing more joy to the large romping coyote pack. Terra had definitely left, as was tradition, but much too young, and had no way of ever returning. Saul was quite lucky to have Eclipse, as a pack member and family together.

Saul asked her purpose of coming to the festival, asking about trade. Terra shook her head, not quite understanding. I thought it was something quite different, more like what I'm used to. Fire, and stories, and games and howling in the night. Hunting. This is very, very different. So many luperci, and I don't understand half of what's happening. What exactly is trading? She watched him curiously, wondering what it could possibly mean.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<33

Her eyes lit up in a smile as Saul confessed his blood ties with her friend. In truth, Saul knew that he needed to build on their relationship. While Eclipse had been overjoyed at his coming home, there were still a few issues that he needed to sort out with her. She was free to do as she wished, although he'd offered her a place within the den he had dug for him and Nayru. The impromptu partnership, that was purely platonic, that had arisen between the Stormbringer and the Jiryu was bound to cause speculation, but the two of them knew they were living together for the mutual benefit of their children. Plus, Saul found that he quite liked living with the quiet leader- she was easy to live beside. He needed to reassure Eclipse that he wouldn't be leaving again, that Ichika was his place. "It is indeed. She's more like a daughter to me though." He chuckled, thinking of their strange relationship.

He'd been the one there when she'd gotten stuck up a tree and couldn't get down. He'd been the one to find her in Crimson Dreams when she'd become lost after the disappearance and eventual following of both her parents. He'd convinced her to come back to Ichika and live with her family. And he was always the one to make sure she was okay. It was no different than being a step father of sorts and Saul fit the role well, he thought. He'd played the roll many times, but it seemed like now was his time to be a proper father to Temeraire. He was lost in his thoughts for a moment, before Terra began to explain her expectations.

"It is very overwhelming. I'm not sure what I expected either, to be fair." He murmured softly, agreeing that it could be very scary with so many, excited Luperci in one place. It was something Saul had never seen before, but he was perhaps a touch more confident that Terra here. She finished by asking what trading was. With a smile, he thought about the few items he'd bought here. "Well, trading is where someone has something you want, and you have something they want, so you trade the items. For example, I wanted to find someone who had some medical herbs, and I have some pelts and bones that they might want in return." He offered, hoping that it wasn't a too cack handed way of explaining the system.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
416+

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Trade was most certainly a strange thing. Terra could see why some would do it, but Terra preferred keeping what she had, especially since she had...well...nothing. Except for her two daggers and props for her magic show. Terra needed those though. She couldn't give them up. Not to mention she could just take what she wanted. Had done that all her life. True, she was a thief and a scoundrel, but the system worked very well for her. More honest people would definitely go with the system Saul described, but it was simply a waste for her.

She could appreciate it though. Timidly Terra glanced over his shoulder. The crowd was beginning to thin out as the feast was declared to be open. Not willing to miss free food Terra stood up, determined to not be swept away by the crowd. Grinning she looked at Saul. Thanks for your help. I'll see if I can find something to trade. A lie, but the thanks was genuine. Separating from him Terra worked into the crowd again, teeth bared slightly as she tried to avoid the jostling and settle into the tent.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
lalalala end of thread <33

Their conversation was surely coming to an end and Saul could feel that. Then again, this was never meant to be an exchange of life stories or anything. He'd come over to help her out and stop her from freaking out and with his mission accomplished, the two were clearly at a loss as to what to say to one another. Perhaps if he'd met Terra under different circumstances, he would have had a proper conversation with her. Instead, as he stopped explaining about trading, the silence lapsed between them and Saul recognised the natural end to the conversation. He stood up as she did, brushing his body down to get rid of any debris that might had clung to his fur on his time on the ground. Pleased to see only minimal dirt, and thinking that he was a little more similar to Shiloh than he realised, Saul glanced back towards Terra in time to catch her words.

"Its no worry Terra. Hopefully I'll see you around, it was nice meeting you."

He offered in parting before she began to move away. It was now his turn to look for his family. Stretching his limbs for a moment, Saul allowed green eyes to take in the shifting crowd in front of him. There were so many people here that he doubted he would find them tonight. He might be able to scent them about, but the sheer number of scents laced into the air tonight would make it difficult. Saluce and X'yrin would be just fine- he was thinking more on Eclipse, Melee and Range who had come along with them. With a soft sigh, the male moved into the shifting crowd, trying his hardest to spot anyone, or anything, that might be at least a little familiar to him.

-exit saul-

<style type="text/css">
</style>
301+

[/html]