Far from today
Firefly had no clue where she was heading today, but the scent of the pack was strong along the mountainside and so she ambled along looking about as she pleased. The sights weren't really much to come by but of course she was judging by her far away homelands and the pack she resided in now. She'd heard about the woods that hid along the base of the towering mountain but she'd never met one of them. All learning and hermits, never really coming out in the light of day. Pale little pathedic things.. of course her mind was wandering on the rude descriptions about now.

She smirked at the idea of one of the pack members actually meeting the thoughts filtering her head. If she'd run into one like that she'd have to get all the laughter and mirth from her system before actually attempting to find the truth behind how the pack really was, but for now she was all for insulting those that weren't there. Like they'd ever know the words she was thinking anyways. She shook her head sadly at the idea and moved on her way, really starting to wonder where in the hell this mysterious pack of educated wolves was.. or if they'd been blown away and out of sight.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
Gosh, it took me so long to spot this thread. I'm sorry!

IC:

Urma had been exploring Shadowed Sun as much as possible, trying to take in every detail and memorize it, so she'd always know exactly where within the pack lands she was in. If she wanted Shadowed Sun to become her new home, she needed to treat it accordingly. Right now she had reached the borders of the pack land. She sat down at the very outskirts of their territory, her territory also, and recollected the night when Pilot had brought her here. She tried to grab onto that feeling-- that intense joy to belong, to find fellow wolves around when she woke up, to explore, to have a permanent den of her own. Those feelings used to be so away from her. Obviously her journey here, following in her shipwreck had had somewhat of an impact on her emotional memory, if not on her more logical one. Already details of her former pack lands were fading.

And then she spotted the unfamiliar wolf. By now, having been around Shadowed Sun for so long, she could easily pick up a foreign scent. Not to mention that she hadn't seen the wolf around here before. She wondered whether it would be wise to talk to the stranger. She remembered only too well her encounter with Pilot. She had been lucky he hadn't proved a threat. Rather, he had proved the exact opposite. He had been such a huge help so far, she almost feared she'd never be able to return the favour. Urma edged closer to the newcomer, her senses on edge in case the other wolf proved dangerous. After her trip on that wretched ship, she knew better than to trust strangers.
[/html]
Firefly had scented the other on the breeze before she'd seen the lady, but when she came into view Firefly wasn't sure what to think of her, she didn't speak but she didn't run and hide either. The girl was starting to wonder if the wolves of the pack even knew how to speak anymore, or if their voices had gone so rusty from lack of use. She sat there eyeing the lady who was watching her before she finally grinned, her own inner jokes and snide remarks making it to where she couldn't sit silently anymore.

Her soft accented voice rang out as she dipped her head in greeting. "Dia duit!" She smiled softly and waited to see if the lady would even respond, or if the sight of an outsider would frighten her away. Inside she was laughing, and she knew her eyes were dancing with the mischief that she held within but she didn't care, she was only here to see what these mysterious strange hermits were all about.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
I'm sorry I took so long with replying (again!). I had some problems with my old mouse and I had to buy a new one and I needed the XP Home Edition CD to install this new mouse and I was lazy with finding it. x.x

IC:

Urma's ears pricked as they took in the stranger's greeting. She inclined her head, politely, then edged forward until she was at a relatively small distance away from the other wolf, yet safe enough in case she'd need a lead in running away. She knew she'd rather run away to the safety of her pack lands than risk facing a possible danger. "You're not of these lands," Urma replied matter-of-factly, however without trying to sound rude or unwelcoming. She knew from other members of Shadowed Sun that there were other packs within a day's distance at the most. This wolf could easily be from one of those packs. Or she could be a loner. Urma wasn't going to pry, however.

She felt she needed to ask the other wolf what she wanted. It was less a necessity than an obligation, she thought. If this wolf was in any way harmful to the pups of the pack, and Urma had met her yet failed to stop her entering pack lands, wouldn't she, Urma, be held responsible for any damage? She didn't think she had anyone to cover her back, not yet, anyway. Maybe Pilot would ask her what happened. Maybe he'd be angered. What if it would be exactly Sirius the injured pup? But how could a single wolf be such a danger to an entire pack? She had to think reasonably. "So what brings you here?" Urma finally asked, keeping her voice steady and confident despite her conflicting thoughts.
[/html]
Firefly sat still and watched the wolf before her, the manner of the lady who had found Firefly seemed a little on edge, like she didn't understand what the copper and cream girl was doing wandering about the border. She grinned at the lady as she made the point of telling Firefly that she didn't belong here in these lands. Nodding her head in agreement to what the woman had spoken she spoke up, "Of course not, why would I belong to this pack?" she said with a bit of laughter in her voice. She really was just curious as to what was so interesting about this pack and that's why she's showed up out of nowhere, this lady at the border wasn't really helping her impression of the pack though, such a timid little thing.

When the lady finally got to her point Firefly just grinned again and shrugged her shoulders. She had no real reason to be here except for her own entertainment. A dark sparkle in her eye as she answered showed that she wasn't exactly the kindest soul, though she wasn't really here to do any real harm. "Nothing really..." she said as she circled around the pack member of these strange lands. With a small smirk to her lips she went on "Then again.. I could be a spy.." She really wasn't serious but she didn't care how the chick took it, she was just bored after all.
[html]

IC:

The wolf's answer, oddly, calmed Urma down. Even if it was unfriendly, it meant the wolf had no real interest in the pack. Urma didn't know how other packs in the area were. After all, she doubted they had to have this common policy. Different wolves joined different packs for altogether different reasons, she thought. So if this wolf didn't take particularly kindly to Shadowed Sun, well, that was just a matter of personal opinion. Back where she came from, she knew all too well lots of the wolves in her pack disliked certain decisions or ways of running things, but they hardly ever complained seeing as they needed pack security for survival and sustenance. If here wolves were accustomed to disagreeing with certain matters publicly, well, it was maybe better. It gave them a choice. And acceptance seemed to be more easily gained.

As the stranger continued, Urma almost chuckled. Now, after having regained her composure, she found she could easily fall back on her guarded nature, the one she had learned to hone back in Europe. It made her take things as they were, not personally. She got detached, and she could handle subtlety or insults or irony far better than by being easily put out. "A spy, then? Funny spy you'd make, telling everyone what you're here for." She felt a fake self-confidence invade her, weaving intricate webs through her body. It felt good, knowing danger wasn't looking you in the eyes. Even if she knew anything could at one point shatter her imaginary courage, she felt determined not to let the wolf get to her easily.
[/html]
She grinned at the lady before her as she began to circle around her, always keeping her eyes on the lady as she made her slow stalk around the packmember. She could tell the lady was new to the pack by the scent of her, not yet blending with the others from these lands. Her flashy fangs showed as she spoke up, "Of course, but then again if I told them I was a spy they'd take it as a joke and would be more relaxed around me.." She knew that her words were just an excuse for joking about being a spy, but she really didn't have a reason or a want for being in these lands except wanting to see what was so special about the quiet world of the scholars, even though she knew that they really weren't that special.

She ended her circle right before the lady again as she settled back on her haunches and watched her, waiting for the reaction of the packmember to see if she'd freak out or if it would just smooth over. She really didn't care which way it would roll she couldn't just walk away when it all ended and have a good laugh. Atleast that's what she planned to do, maybe if it continued on she'd have a grand howl instead of a small laugh.
[html]

IC:

Urma followed the wolf's movements carefully, taking them in as if they were essential instructions to how to handle the female. There was something about this stranger that just gave away a sense of uncertainty-- as if she were a lost Scout unwilling to admit not having any knowledge of her whereabouts and trying to seem confident. Urma was all too familiar with this kind of behaviour-- it was something she was doing, to an extent now. Hiding behind her chiseled defenses and trying to play along to the wolf's whims, anything really that would keep her away from Urma's home.

"Or maybe they'd be more subtle in handling their edginess. Maybe they'd still be alert only lead you on to think they fell for your cover," Urma replied matter-of-factly, in the tone of voice of someone who was patronizing another. She didn't know what this female wanted to prove, but she seemed keen on taking it out on any wolf that came out of Shadowed Sun's lands. It was probably only coincidence that had had Urma to be that certain wolf. But then again, she had picked up a couple of things whilst in her pack. And if she was here to learn the educational side of things, well, she knew she had a certain amount of life experience to back up any book intelligence she might acquire. It was maybe this that made her not give up and turn away from the wolf. She hadn't had something to want to defend or side with in a very long time, and if it just proved it was her pack she had to stick by, she had nothing to complain about. "What's your name then, spy?"
[/html]
She flashed the lady one of her wicked little grins and flicked her tail slowly up and down against the ground as she listened to the lady trying to sound like she knew exactly what was going on, the only problem was this was Firefly's game and no one would know what was about to happen because every step she took was her choice and the player would have to follow along like a lost little puppet. Her emerald eyes twinkled as she shrugged off the snotty reply the lady had given her. With one raised eyebrow she smirked and advised the lady, "Or maybe they should just follow the leader like a nice little doggy..." She'd given away that she was the one in control here, even though it was Shadowed Sun's lands she was the one who was twisting and playing the fool on the packmember, or atleast sooner or later she would.

She licked one paw slowly as she sat watching the other, her eyes like that of a feline, always watching, always waiting, always knowing.. and always sending chills down the spine. She had knowledge of the world and of the books, though the world smarts and common sense had always exceled when it came to living and survival. Books could only tell you the facts, they never gave you the real knowledge of learning yourself in the real world. When the lady finally asked the spy what her name was she just smiled and answered simply. "Ember.. if you really must know." She doubted that the little game would ever get back to her prissy little sister, but if it did the scout for their pack probably wouldn't be too happy if it got out that she'd been harassing the packs and playing little games. Firefly didn't care if Ember found out who had actually done it later on down the line, she could handle her spoiled brat princess sister any day, but she wasn't about to tel lthe woman before her who she really was.
[html]

IC:

Urma didn't really grasp why the wolf was being so malicious. They surely didn't know each other, so that meant Urma couldn't have possibly done anything to anger this particular wolf. All she could do to make sure she was on the safe side was continue to watch her interlocutor's movements, trying to match them with feelings or thoughts the stranger might have. Although somehow Urma got left with the sense that it was impossible to know what this Ember wanted. Maybe she was here just to tease, or pry something from her, or otherwise senselessly annoy. Maybe her priorities were bigger. Whatever it was, Urma couldn't allow herself to treat the female lightly, just in case these weren't games at all.

"Funny we should both be wolves, and in telling me I'm a doggy you'd unwillingly disgrace yourself," Urma answered coolly, trying not to let the other wolf in on her own uncertainties. Wouldn't it be wiser if she alerted a pack member? Still, this was becoming ridiculous. How could she think a single wolf would be such a huge threat to an entire pack that she'd actually need backup in dealing with the stranger? That lacked common sense. Unless Ember had other wolves roaming nearby, hidden from the clear. But really now, what was this, war? She had met Pilot when he was returning from another pack himself, surely it was common enough for wolves to see what happened in other places outside their lands?

"You've still avoided telling me what you want around here, Ember," she stated cautiously. She hoped the wolf wasn't easily angered. And then, if she was, Urma would just have to find a solution.
[/html]
The retort from the new packmember did nothing to her, for though she herself was of the same species they were nothing alike. One would lead and the other would follow. She chuckled as she moved closer to the lady, her voice low as she replied, the mocking laughter ringing with the words she spoke. "That's where you're wrong.. I'm leading here.. and you're the one padding along like a loyal little pet. I bet if your alpha asked you to beg you'd roll over and do as asked with no thought to your own self." She might do as her leader said, but that didn't mean she followed the orders to a 'T'. There was a point where Firefly would stop and go her own way if the rules became to strict or the game became dull. Right now the little lady from these strange hermit lands was giving her enough reason to stay, atleast until she decided the situation at hand was too much for her and she called in the backup.

Firefly had no reason to really harass the lady, but it was amusing enough to learn that the members so concerned about their booksmarts didn't seem to understand how the real world worked anymore. She wondered just where this pack would go in the end, obviously they'd just fade away and never be remembered if they kept this up. She grinned at the lady when she was pressed for more information, not really concerned on what Urma was thinking or wanting to know. She was just here to play her game and be on her way when the tides turned. "I thought I already told you? Nothing.. Nothing at all." Now, she wasn't so sure how smart these ones were if they couldn't even remember the simple words she'd spoken mere moments ago.
[html]

OOC:
Haha that's ok xD

IC:

Urma almost smiled. Oh she was the pup, was she? So she'd always been the smallest at everything. She'd always been the pup of her former pack, but now, although a new member, she didn't feel like a weakling or in some sort like this amusing cub. After all, she had seen enough and been through enough. And of course she was going to take orders from the Alphas. The thought of Pilot surfaced on the top of her mind and she tried to push it away. It wouldn't do well to think of him when she was supposed to keep a clear head. The thought of him would wind her up and impair her abilities of handling with the wolf, to an extent.

"I take it you don't take orders from your Alphas, assuming you belong to a pack in the first place. If I'm right that you do belong to one, I wouldn't want to know about the anarchy you come from," she retorted, strangely enraged that anyone could find anything wrong with her following her pack members. Her pack was all she had right now. And Pilot had helped her. If someone did something like that for you, could you just not try to return that favour, or at least show some gratitude? Probably if you were this Ember stranger you would know nothing about such feelings. Somehow Urma wasn't going to let this game of hers get too far. I wouldn't advise you to pick on the wolves in this pack. Compared to some, I at least know what to be grateful for." So maybe she was pushing it. But not going a bit further would mean really allowing this wolf to believe she could claim ownership over Urma.
[/html]
She knew the other lady was thinking that Firefly was being all silly and childish in the words she spoke, but she would get to her point sooner than later. Settling back on her paws she grinned wickedly at the newly branded packmember and shook her head. "Oh, of course you'd want to gravel at the feet of your leaders.. so new.. Barely just being enveloped in their scent and all." She flicked her bangs back as she shook her head sadly. "What would they think of you if you actually could be yourself, giving you the benefit of a doubt.. that you even know who you really are yourself." she shook her head gravely a second time, the serious mocking voice filling the space between them as she took her time taunting the lady.

When the woman spoke and Firefly could hear by the tone of her voice that she'd succeeded in pressing some of her buttons she chuckled and sighed, making small tittering sounds at the lady as she so pathedically tried to threaten her. "I'll do as sees fit, do you honestly think you could do anything about it. What would you do, go crying to the superiors? That's all you're good for isn't it.. Well, I could suggest a few other things, but that might be giving you to much credit too." She smirked at the crude comments as she watched this lady, knowing that she was getting under her skin, soon enough her game would be up, but for now she was happy as can be.
[html]

OOC:
I'm sorry for getting back at you after almost a week. My RL life has been bugging me lately *kills it*

IC:

Urma's patience was beginning to waver. This wolf seemed keen on getting on her nerves, and although it upset Urma terribly, she managed to nonetheless. Urma was by nature very calm and patient, but this was affecting her so much because she had really no clue whatsoever why it was that Ember wanted to annoy her. She focused on her memories, trying to place the female somewhere in the few memories she had since the shipwreck. But no, until Pilot she had stirred away from other wolves, and she knew there was no likelihood that Urma would know Ember from anywhere else. She had a good memory for faces, and she was very sure that had she met Ember before, she would have recognized her now. "I am quite certain that my pack would accept me, no matter how I am, as long as I am not a liability to them. Whereas you seem keen to break any possible rules. It wouldn't surprise me much if this attitude of yours simply portrayed that of a bitter outcast," she spoke firmly, pushing away doubts and fears, knowing that those would never help her deal with the wolf efficiently. Somewhere in the back of her mind she heard a tiny voice telling her she sounded like her mother. It was something she had never wanted to be, mainly because she had learned that her mother had qualities of a leader she had never inherited. Maybe somewhere in there some sort of envy ruled Urma's thoughts-- that she had never been so strong, so determined. But this was not the time to think back on what had once been her home.

Urma's eyes narrowed as she listened to the wolf carefully. Although Ember's reply held offense in it, Urma took none. She knew well enough that the female was right-- she had no means of fighting her, and winning. Urma had never fought another wolf in her life-- her brothers or Mörker, as well as the males of the pack, had always taken care not to leave any of the females exposed to any kind of danger. As far as she knew, not one single female in her former pack had ever had to fight another wolf, except perhaps her mother, that had always been by nature determined to be good at everything, including battle. But Urma couldn't agree with Ember and tell her she had a point-- afterall, her weaknesses were her own, and making them public would never bring any good. "I wouldn't expect anything from you, so you can keep all that credit to yourself. If I'll ever need a wolf such as you to believe in me, I'll surely need to re-evaluate myself. I do not value the same things that you do. Now go, before I make you go." So of course it wasn't safe to entice Ember more. But Urma desperately felt the need to do something for Shadowed Sun, and maybe defending it was the thing. Only she had no idea how to defend it, nor whether it was necessary, considering one wolf alone could hardly take on an entire pack.
[/html]
It delighed Firefly to no end that she'd gotten under the skin of the female before her but she knew her game was coming to an end and she sighed softly to herself. These type of games never lasted long enough before the mouse in the game . She rolled her eyes as the prissy words of the female before her as she grinned that wolfish grin. "Maybe my pack likes me the way I am..." she suggested as she placed one paw before the other and tossed her hair back dramaticly. Her wicked smile once more returning as she spoke softly. "Baby you don't even know who I am.." she stated as she flicked her tail back and forth softly, the amusement flickering in her eyes, knowing the lady before her wanted her gone more than anything. She'd give her that wish, but not before taunting the bitch a little more..

As Urma spoke of how fast Firefly had better leave before she made her the emerald eyed woman's eyes flashed as she bared her fangs to the pack member before her. Her voice was dripping with vemon as she mocked the lass one more time before giving up on the game. "I'd really like to see you try and make me go.. but I'd hate to be responsible for what's left of you..." She growled softly, the snarling grin still on her maw as she finished. "So I'll let you live.. atleast for today." She never really would have killed the bitch, but she would have marred her pretty little face a bit. With a sudden rush as though she was about to spring for the lady's throat she surged past her and disappeared into the bushes behind the member of Shadowed Sun.

She knew she had left the lady bewildered and alone with nothing but threats and her own thoughts. Firefly hoped that there was a shadow looming along every path the lady took on her way back through the lands. So tempted to follow after the fae and spook her even more yet Firefly had other things on her mind and other little bits of nothing to see to. She didn't play the little games too often but when she did she loved the bewildered world the prey was left in. Sometimes she wished she could hear what they were thinking after the day's end.
[html]

OOC: I'll consider the thread finished, unless you have something more to add =) I really liked it, although Urma I'm sure wasn't happy with Firefly! xD

Urma was beginning to believe this wolf was here to stay. And how much more she could take the female's enticing, she wasn't sure. All her usual calm and her composure couldn't do much but crumble in the face of Ember's stubborn attempt at annoying her. She wished she knew why this was happening in the first place. Surely she hadn't wronged the wolf in any way, right? They had done little else than disagree and step on each other's toes anyway. Whatever had caused the disagreement, they had both done their share in fueling a fight, and whatever feelings Urma had for the stranger were surely mutual.

Who said my pack doesn't like me the way I am? As for not knowing who you are, I'm quite glad of that. I don't think we could ever be what they call "friends". Unless we'd stop getting on each other nerves and off each other's lands. And, frankly, it's you I think who should be doing the walking." Urma's tone was apprehensive, yet tired all the same. It wasn't usual for her to bicker, and whenever it happened it tired her, because she hardly ever saw any use in it. Unless it was a battle of patience, and if it was, it was quite clear to Urma that she had lost it. But then something unexpected happened. The wolf leaped past her and got lost in the bushes behind Urma. The white wolf looked at the bushes bewilderedly for a moment, before sitting down on her haunches and taking a deep breath. What had all of that been about? Somehow the prospect of going over the past events made Urma's head hurt, so she decided to put that off for later. Getting up once more, she turned around and made her way into Shadowed Sun's lands, grateful she'd at least see her fellow pack members instead of strange wolves like Ember, of whom she had no idea what to make of.

[/html]