[M] [DND] Det er ei Fantekjerring;
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

<style type="text/css">
#vesle2 b{color:#000000; font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif;}
#vesle2 p, #vesle2 i {line-height:130%; font-family: arial, calibri, sans-serif; color:#1d1d1d;}
</style>

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Location: north in Etheral Eclipse, in old DdM land (Demon's Trail)
Early morning
The creatures she speaks to and I reference are all imaginary
SSWM: 303

It was a new day of glorious reign. She had risen from her makeshift bed one day past, refreshed. When had she arrived here, in truth? She was uncertain, but she knew she had not slept for numerous days. But then, her purpose had been fulfilled, and she had slept like a puppy, curled up into a ball in a hollowed trunk she had found. Then a day and night was spent trying to find a more suitable place, and still she had not found anything. Was there not an abandoned house here? She would not return to Wolfville, for it was not for her. Instead, the little gray wolf trekked the area, zig-zagging her way across forest and less dense vegetation in pursuit of a suitable home. She wore a soft smile.

Her dress may be tattered, but she did not seem to mind, or even to know. Perhaps she did not know that it was not supposed to look like that - it was hard to tell. She was not bothered about her appearance, in truth, and her mane was not well-kept, either. A necklace of white lay around her neck, seemingly made from old, unwashed bones. Tiny gray paws carried her to a height where she could spy the whole landscape ahead, and she leaned on her walking stick as she studied the ground below her and plotted a path in her mind. For once, the forest was not teeming with life around her, and the creatures seemed to be still asleep. With fog creeping in and threatening to blanket the tree tops, to obscure her view, she decided to sit there and wait it out instead. From her crude leather bag she produced an old tattered boook - her book of fairy tales. Except this was all very real.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite3.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[/html]
[html]

(541)
Discordia's appearance. She is probably below Vesle somewheres.

Eris is by Nat!

The dark woman had been itching to don this disguise since the idea had first occurred to her. Eris could not rightly recall when she had come upon this idea, but she had been ready for some weeks now. Basilaris's birth had delayed any southern journeys, however, and the dark woman had been content to wait. Now, she was smeared with the reddish mud of the river, tucked beneath her oversized cloak. Where the mud clung to her fur it was stuff and uncomfortable, but it certainly did its job to change the color of her fur. Instead of coal black, it had taken on a deep brownish hue, and would be gone as soon as she chose to wash it off. Better yet, the resource of mud was astronomically large -- the dark hybrid had no worries of running out anytime soon. So long as the rivers flowed, she'd have her disguise.

The cloak, completed by Rowan some weeks prior, had been kept in its own small chest, folded around a clump of flowers. Eris had taken care to surround the cloak with more flowers, and now, in her pocket, a large slice of meat -- sour and starting to turn, certain to be half-rotted by the time she made her way back to the Pictou -- sat in her largest pocket, carefully tucked there by the dark woman herself. The smell did not bother her, but it was sure to disguise her own scent, which she'd washed away to the best of her ability with a long ocean bath as well as application of oils made from bayberry and mint. This smell was powerful and more displeasing than the smell of the meat, but Eris tolerated it, finding the scent disguise as necessary as the one she'd physically adopted.

Even her gait was different. The coyote, five this year, moved like a woman closer to her mother's age, dragging her left foot in an expertly feigned limp. Her daughters had helped her with this, critiquing her performance until the young woman was able to move convincingly as an old one. Her posture was hunched and slumped, again rather like that of an aged canine rather than a still-young, spry leader of less than half a decade. The sable coyote moved toward the festival, her eventual destination. She was drawn, however, to a certain pulse in the earth. Perhaps it was the whisper of an old ghost, or, perhaps more likely, it was simply the whim of the mushroom caps she'd ingested that morning. They, too, were a part of her garb -- the dark woman knew her presentation and personality were completely different while on the substance. While less physically in control of herself, the coal-furred Auxiliary was less likely to be recognized. She kept a supply of them tucked in a pocket close to her throat.

The morning's light shone, though it was obscured by the creeping fog. Eris was thinking of Haku, just then, though she did not know why. Perhaps it was that same whisper calling to her. Shivering, she turned her head this way and that, seeking the ghost himself, though she knew his presence to be an impossibility.

<style>
#erisNat {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisNat p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisNat p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#vesle2 p, #vesle2 i {line-height:130%; font-family: arial, calibri, sans-serif; color:#1d1d1d;}
</style>

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hello, I refuse to make use of dialogue Big Grin
WC: 368

For once, she was without the constant chatter of her companions. Sometimes looking up at the sound of her surroundings, she found that it was only a squirrel, or something falling from a tree nearby. The gray lady merely looked at them before returning her focus to the pages in her book. What a paradox it was that she found relief in her little friends' continued absence that morning, and yet here she was, reading about them. She laughed sometimes at the inaccurate descriptions -- if this book only knew them like she did! And there was no mention of her steed anywhere, only his brother, the water horse. Oh well, one would hardly expect the humans to be very clever, since they had eradicated themselves and left their kingdom for Vesle to claim.

Sounds disrupted her concentration, sounds of a different nature. Curious, her ears perked as she looked up, but saw nothing below. It could be pray, coming this way. An easy meal for a scrawny one as herself was not something she'd object to, and she placed the book on the ground before standing up to get a better view. Something moved down there, that much was certain. Moments passed, and disappointment came rushing in to replace her hope: the scent was strange, but not prey. Almost like... something long dead, but not. And dirty. Not fearing that someone would steal her book on her land, Vesle merely left it and started down the hill, her tattered dress moving in jagged waves behind her, some tears long enough to snag branches. Her movement was not hindered by it, though, and she merely kept moving as if its ruin did not bother her at all. It did not take long before she saw a cloaked creature, and stepped forward noisily, demanding its attention. Her approach was wordless, but unmistakeable: tail raised, mane bristling, posture erect and her ears defiant. Teeth shone from behind partially withdrawn lips and spoke plainly. This cloaked creature was on her turf, and Vesle did not like it. Her tiny size did not seem to be a factor, nor did she even stop to think about any other disadvantage she may have.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... prite3.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[/html]
[html]

(314) This table made awesome by Mel!

The world's edges had just the faintest blur to them, just enough to offset the sharp lines of reality and make her question where shadows began and ended. The golden light of the early morning was brilliant, but as any other time of day, there were patches of deep shadow here and there, parts where the sun had not yet touched. As it marched across the sky, these places would be kissed by the sun's light, of course, but as old shadows dried up, new ones pooled elsewhere. Even now they danced and pulsed in her vision, seeming to form and unform, parts of them curling away and back again. She shook her head as one congealed before her, grayer and more real than the rest.

It took her a moment to realize the shadow was a wolf, and the dark hybrid drew back in surprise, gasping a raspy sort of sound. Such sounds were rarely, if ever, uttered by Eris Eternity; Discordia was different, however, and even her voice differed: it rasped and whispered, wavering and utterly lacking in the confidence with which Eris spoke. Dear child, she said, that soft rasp. You startled me. Please, oh -- put your teeth away, child, I mean you no harm. The mud-smeared woman even whimpered, thinking it might accentuate her plea. As an actress, Eris allowed herself to slip completely into the role of this other, and in consuming her mushrooms, she was greatly aided. Sometimes, it felt as if Discordia herself was fully in control, though Eris floated easily to the surface when the need for control arose. Now, it felt as if Discordia wished to bury herself in Eris -- she was frightened by this monochrome wolf with her bright teeth. Eris coaxed the facade out again and took another step back, holding up both empty palms in a gesture of peace.

<style>
#erisMel {
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/apFCL.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
padding-top:209px;
width:500px;
}
#erisMel p {
margin:10px 15px;
}
#erisMel p.sieImage {
}
#erisMel p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
}
#erisMel p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisMel .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:14px;
#erisMel .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisMel b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisMel u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisMel b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisMel b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisMel b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

<3
WC: 326

The gray female turned her threatening teeth into a twisted smile at the sound of fear uttered by the other, clearly much older, wolf. She saw that now, she saw numerous details in the creeping fog. Some were shapes in the background, looming just out of reach, just out of sight, only her gray orbs saw them anyway. Vesle was perhaps small, but she was not old and frail. Satisfied, the lithe female took a sharp step forward, as if to taunt the other, but settled there in a calmer stance of sorts. "And I am to take such foolish advice from you, stranger?" She asked with her chin raised in arrogance, challenging and confident in her position, and while phrased like it, it was certainly no question. She took another step forward to study the filthy thing standing before her. No longer a threat, she could not decide if she pitied or despised the frail image, for that was what she interpreted it as. Weak, frail, old. Pathetic. Vesle laughed loudly, head thrown back for a second and neck exposed before the throaty, hoarse sound came to an end, and she pointed to the old woman. "I cannot put away my teeth, old lady, as I still keep them in my mouth." She remained entirely in her comfort zone, taunting the old thing, but something irked her suspicion still. What kind of business could this old woman possibly have to dare to venture so far from any pack on her own? Her smiled died and her face grew solemn, her stance still dominating and daring the other to attack her, but growing less openly hostile by each moment. "How do you think you have the right to walk here? Do you seek to die?" Had it not been for the present predicament they were in, the stranger's answer to the last question could have been immensely interesting. Right then, she was not feeling philosophical, however.

[/html]
[html]

(301)
<3

Eris is by Requiem!

The ash-colored woman stepped forward, and Eris saw in her blurring vision her eyes were nearly the same shade as her pelt, if not matching. Perhaps she might not have found such a trait enchanting were it not for the mushrooms and Discordia, but now she looked at the other canine with her jaw ajar, tips of her off-white teeth showing against the chestnut color of her false fur. The woman's words barely awoke Discordia from her revelry, though she forced herself to refocus on the woman with Eris's insistence. Narrowing her chartreuse eyes in effort to make them focus (and perhaps her ears, along with her eyes), the coyote listened.

Ohhh, she exhaled, slowly. I have no right to walk anywhere, sweetest one. No pack, no family, no life. Kill me if you must, I will not be missed, the woman said, bowing her head low. She did not want to die, but Discordia thought her existence meaningless anyway -- she was just a figment of someone's imagination, after all. Eris, however, would fight for her life, and the dark woman could wrest control from Discordia at any moment. The puppetmaster, however, saw the anger leaving the stone-colored wolf, and she saw fit to let Discordia continue, if only for the moment.

Then -- are you a ghost, come to take me? she asked, bluntly. Age chipped away at courtesies and politeness, and the elderly frequently engaged in such tactless questioning. At least, her mother had -- and her mother was the oldest thing to walk the planet, was she not? Discordia thought so, and lifted her paw to her muzzle to hide a smile with this thought: Kaena doesn't know she has an extra daughter, one named Discordia! You have no color left, is all.

<style>
#erisReqOpt {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#erisReqOpt p {
}
#erisReqOpt p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:10px;
}
#erisReqOpt .txtooc {
#erisReqOpt .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisReqOpt b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisReqOpt u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisReqOpt b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisReqOpt b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisReqOpt b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

<3
WC: 277

And with that, she relaxed. Quite so, this one could not harm her at all. Vesle knew she was small and frail-looking, but this one was clearly too old to be any threat. And she did perhaps have a deahtwish, since she did not care to defend her life. Vesle would not indulge her. As if an obstinate child, she refused to give in to any suggestion regarding her actions. Ask Vesle to do one thing, and she will do the opposite. How fortunate a day it was for this old woman that she had not told her to spare her life. In fact, there was something strangely appealing to the old woman's suggestion. Perhaps Vesle was a ghost. It was hard to tell for her, too, sometimes. When forests grew dim and fog crept in between the tree trunks, showering the world in thick moistness and air that was heavy to breathe, it could be difficult to see what was real and what was not. Although Vesle always knew that she was real, as were the cretatures who sometimes led her astray, or home, along foreign paths in foreign forests. Vesle never felt as naked as she did on an open field.

The gray lady giggled hoarsely at the old woman, as if attempting to confirm the question. "I never have had color, not since the beginning of my life. " Hers was the cursed color of her runaway father, none of the splendid arctic furs of her mother. No hint, even, remained in her. She could disappear into the fogs in an instant, so little color had she that she grew dim alongside the morning mists.

[/html]
[html]

Eris is by me!

The world seemed shinier, glimmering faintly with the dose of the mushrooms she'd imbibed. And it was for this reason she cocked her head to the side with the woman's words, frowning broadly. Her yellow-green eyes narrowed, and she laughed herself. I see your colors, the woman said. How can I see them if you don't have them? The colors were all around the stranger, exploding auras of red and yellow and, most sinister, a pale blue that seemed to pulse and sway with each breath Discordia took. She had seen these things before, but never with the startling realness as the colors which surrounded Vesle.

Discordia considered, and slid a hand into her robe, pulling out a twisted mushroom stem and cap. She held it out to the other woman, palm out to present the small plant. You can see them, too, she breathed, her tail twitching with anticipation. If you want, I mean, the woman said, thinking this was a very clever way to see whether or not this was a ghost -- she had not answered, after all, and if she could not grasp the mushrooms, if they fell right through her hand, she was certainly an apparition.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

<3
WC: 268

For once, Vesle found herself fascinated by something other than herself or her underlings. The old lady had to be crazy, obviously. It was ironic that she should feel that way, though this point was not one she had enough insight into her own nature to understand. She was not one to speak of seeing things, but the difference was that Vesle knew her visions to be true. This one just saw colors where there was only grays. The gray woman giggled arrogantly. "You can't, you're seeing color where there is just a ghost." One little head of a twisted thing peered at them from behind a tree trunk, behind the old woman. Vesle lifted her eyes and looked at it and its mocking gestures, and giggled again with spite.

When she looked back at the woman, she had her hand outstretched, still talking rubbish about colors. Uncertain now, and with a suspicious change of her stance, the female cautiously observed the contents of her hand. What was that? She had never seen something like that - what were their purpose? "What are you talking about, hag? How will dried plants make me see colors where there are none? You said as much yourself - I am a ghost, and ghosts have no color." However hostile Vesle was towards most, the woman could not help but feel intrigued, much against her will. She had had no plans, today, to endulge some old woman in her fantasy and broken perspective on the world. Vesle saw all that was, and always truth, and she saw only an old crazy woman.

[/html]
[html]

Eris is by me!

Discordia was not a creature of logic, and she frowned, utterly confused. Eris balked at the woman's insults, but retained her position in the background, the puppetmaster yanking a string here or there, while the puppet danced its own little jig. Now, she mouthed words, taking up where Discordia was lost. I don't know that you're a ghost, she said, mimicking the other half's gravelly and low voice. You might be. But you might not be. I don't think ghosts even always know when they're ghosts. Reality was a funny and fickle thing, and it changed according to the hour, according to one's intoxication, according to one's garb or lack thereof -- perhaps Vesle would see things differently, with the help of these plants.

Color in color, Discordia said, taking up on Eris's cue. She lifted a little mushroom and pointed out the swirl of pale blue fire dancing along its stem and cap. They help you see the world differently, but if you like the way it looks, you like the way it looks, she said, smiling and eating the little mushroom herself, to illustrate its lack of poison. She swallowed and grinned again. There were more, squirrled away in her pockets and hidden in her robe, but that one had been refused -- perhaps another would be more acceptable.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Location: north in Etheral Eclipse, in old DdM land (Demon's Trail)
Early morning
Ohai, I hit a bump of character development! ;D

The balded creature that peered at the two wolves from behind the tree trunk stepped forward, and swiftly scurried over to the robed old woman, shuffling in between her legs and layers of clothing. Vesle's gray eyes followed him intently as he moved, a broad grin splitting his face in half as he played hide-and-seek between foot and robe and tail. Lost until the old woman spoke again, Vesle peered at her differently. If the little one would play with her, perhaps this gray queen of the woods should too. But more important were the implications that followed the woman's words, and for once, Vesle felt uncertain. She liked to feel strong, empowered by her underlings and how the forest bent to her will, but she had never been able to shake the feeling of otherness, not since her birth even, or at her mother's side. Perhaps this was wisdom come to her one misted morning, meant to mend? Or was she sent to sever her soul completely? The creature giggled with a shrill voice between the woman's robes, but Vesle knew that no one could see him but her. Perhaps she was more of him, than of this other wolfess. Perhaps she indeed was a ghost, not a wolf who merely dressed in the shape of one.

A conflict bubbled to the surface as she did not reply, but stared at the woman half defiantly, half in wonder, as she ate the shriveled plant and spoke of different worlds. Not so aggressive now. Velse already had the gift of sight, she knew. But the woman had forced a tune into Vesle's mind that she could not avoid listening to; its melody echoed and followed a similar tune she had always sung, and it filled her with doubt. Had she drifted away at some point, unknown to her? Was her underlings not of this world only for her to see because she, too, did not belong here? Her tattered dress gave a shuffling sound, and amidst the shrill giggle of the elf and the overwhelming meaning of the woman's words, she could hear her own hoarse voice speak, as if out of her control. She knew it was not so, but they came before she considered them. "I will have some of your colors, if you will give it." One hand was outstretched.

[/html]
[html]

(--) DID I HALP? Also, jsyk, this is a stupidly short post. ;___; And I marked mature because drugs!

Eris is by Libri!

The grayscale woman seemed to be looking beyond Eris, or through her, or somewhere else entirely. While the puppetmaster grew impatient with the woman's silence and seeming drifting, Discordia was perfectly content to wait. She was a shallow thing, conjured in the hybrid's mind and reinforced with these magical plants and the clothes she wore. The clothes made most of Discordia who she was, and she made Eris feel differently enough so that she might slink unnoticed into these southerly reaches, away from Salsola and away from all that she knew.

The muddied hybrid slid a hand into her robe wordlessly, though a merry smile had appeared on her muzzle. I'm glad, she said, earnestly, pulling her hand from her cloak and offering a pair of the mushrooms to the pale woman. It helps to relax, to keep your mind open wide to possibility, she said, smiling still.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

U so clevar! And maybe <3 It was about time something happened with Vesle, I've been stuck.

The other did not question her at all as she asked for the dried matter, and though she was still far more accepting of her presence, she still narrowed her eyes as the old woman professed that she was "glad". Why would she be? Perhaps this was a poison, a wild woman come to bewitch her. Holding the substance, she moved her fingers to watch it move around in her hands, shuffling lightly. They weighed nothing, and she had trouble imagining eating them - they were plants, after all. Frowning, she looked at them, studied them, as if that would give any answers without her having to eat them. Relax? Gray eyes were lifted to look at the woman. Vesle had never thought about opening her mind before, but unknown to her she already knew this trick. Knew it, but had no control, much as her impulsitivity took over and decided that she was done staring at the thing. In a swift, sweeping motion, the dried things ended up in her mouth, and she swallowed them quickly, not used to the feel of such things. Vesle had never et anything like that before. And why should she? Eyes rolled upwards and looked at nothing and random things as she concentrated, trying to look inward in search of a reaction.

No colors came. The forests were as gray as before, as gray as herself, and the old woman looked no different either. Suspicious again, Vesle's inexperience was handling her now, and she stepped up her stance a notch, eyeing the other with small slits again. The tiny female took one step forward as if to threaten. "Nothing's happening? Where are the colors?" The lady was uncertain. Was she to be suspicious, was she being tricked? Should she react with anger? But there had been a faint hope of wonders to see, and she wasn't sure if her disappointment wasn't more devastating than enabling her to rage just then. "I opened my mind," she added, quickly; self-consciously. Or, she'd tried to do so, at least. Her tail drooped with her growing uncertainty, and the elf giggled at her from within the furst of the old lady, as if mocking her. It was always mocking her.

[/html]
[html]

Eris is by Savannah!

Discordia watched the woman inspecting the little plants with bright chartreuse eyes, though Eris held her tongue and prevented the shade from speaking encouragement. The sharper and more perceptive of the pair saw the doubt written across the ghost-pale woman's face, and she did not wish to cause her any anger or further suspicion with pleadings. In the end, though, she tossed them back, and Discordia's smile brightened and gave a little shimmy of -- joy? pleasure? delight?

It would seem she ought to have spent some time on explaining the effects, however ill-understood they were by Discordia -- Eris knew them well, after all. It takes time, the old woman said, holding her ground but unable to hold herself from flinching. Do you know many flowers that open petals before your eyes? There are some, I think, but not many, the muddied hybrid said, pointing at the earth and indicating the dried-bare ground. When spring comes, even the flowers must take long hours to greet the sun.

Sometimes, I do not know they are taking effect until I'm already all the way there, the muddied hybrid said. Discordia wanted to reach out and grasp the woman's shoulder, reassure her somehow, but Eris did not think this was a good idea, and held the urge. A more wolifsh instinct might do, however. Sing with me? When we close our mouths, you will start to see, the coyote offered. Her own joy made her want to howl it to the whole world.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

If she was unable to express the deeper dimensions of her mind in words and conscious acts, at least truth lay quivering in the surface of the rest of her, and her uncertainty and unknowing was clear as day if ears were closed to Vesle's words. It could very well be that her world was smaller in her mind, than it in reality was: she had more going on than she was aware. This much was obvious as she struggled to twist her thoughts to follow the turns the old lady was taking, the parallells not quite there for Vesle to grasp. Impatient, and not at all reassured by the lady's words, Vesle moved again as if to start pacing. Fortunately, the other one was smart enough to elaborate, and the gray woman understood with relief. She snorted, almost mockingly. Of course. The old one looked as if she wouldn't know what was going on, as dirty and matted as she were. Clearly, she knew little in general, even if she did carry with her magic color-granting plants. Vesle smiled, though, clearly reassured by the other one's words, despite her arrogance.

While the dialogue that was taking place between the two could hardly be described as normal in any way, for the two females communicated in such vastly different terms, Vesle was beginning to settle into the rhythm between them. It was long since she had spoken with anyone like this -- well, any canine. Not so taken aback now, by the strangeness of the older female, the gray Lady hesitated less now at her proposal. The little elf at Discordia's feet giggled and gazed upward at the old wolfess as if in awe and admiration, and Vesle found herself mirroring the smile, either from the elf or the wolfess -- or both. Expectations to suddenly see colors in the creeping fogs around them were still at the front of her mind, but what did she know? Perhaps the colors could be summoned through their singing. Vesle certainly did not doubt the power of her howl, not since she had summoned the Neck one night moons back by mere wordless song. Uncertainty was slipping for the moment, and Vesle nodded, still very much waiting for the older female to start.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay. ♥

There was an ethereal quality to the pale woman -- perhaps she was a ghost after all? Eris thought not, but Discordia wasn't quite sure. The puppetmaster reclined, certain now with a larger dose of the hallucinogens the alter-ego would control itself. That was, after all, where this farce of a mask drew her strength from. Eris could almost nap behind the scenes, falling into a half-daze as the mud-caked wolf tossed her muzzle back to the skies and began to howl. It was a low sound at first, quiet and slowly rising into the deep and resonating tone of the wolf -- even this was different from Eris's howl, which carried a twinge of the lilting coyote sound to it. Discordia was happy to sing to the stars, and as she did so she began to sway, body writhing and arms trembling as she did so. She felt herself falling deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole, the whole world seeming the swirl around her. The stars above had great silver trails, and the moon seemed to glow brighter than she'd ever seen it in life.

Eris is by Alaine!

<style>
#alaineErisLup {
}
#alaineErisLup p {
}
#alaineErisLup p.sieImage {
}
#alaineErisLup .txtooc {
#alaineErisLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#alaineErisLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#alaineErisLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#alaineErisLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineErisLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#alaineErisLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

<33

Vesle joined in after the other's beginning, more eager to blend in with another's song than to stand out on her own. For all her singularity, she did not really wish to be set apart. The anger was a simpler solution than to take in and deal with the implications of reacting with other parts of her emotional spectrum. The entirety of her spectrum, and her potential, could be woken by their song, however, and she enjoyed it for this reason. If only this fact had come to her as realization or knowledge, her dealings with the creatures of the forest, including the canines that strayed across her lands, could have been simpler. But for now, she was reacting on instinct, brought and wrought by anxiety. Her voice was not clear and strong as her mother's had been, but she didn't listen to its quality, only their shared melodies.Eyes closed as she listened and joined in, escalating -- but their surroundings muted their song, dimming light and sound and feeling.

She wasn't sure exactly how long they had sung, or if it had been long at all, but the song became all-encompassing, feeling almost enhanced, penetrating her whole being and echoing in her ears like nothing she had ever heard before. The elf's giggle had disappeared, and when she opened her eyes to look for it, it was not sitting at the other's feet anymore. But there were other things that moved, sometimes right at the edge of her eye, and disappearing when she moved her head, and sometimes moving magically as she looked at it. The bark of a nearby tree had the most amazingly living patterns, swimming and living in front of her, colors mixing and appearing out of nowhere. A sharp intake of breath hinted at her wonder at the sensory impressions, and the young female took a few steps forward to touch the other, as if checking if she was real. She'd been right: there were colors in those dried plants.

[/html]
[html]

(--) HI I AM A SLOW. 8B Forgive meee. We can also end this whenever if I am being poop. :V

Eris is by Poppz!

Discordia was at her happiest with her voice carrying into the skies. The other joined in hesitantly, her voice low at first. The muddy-furred hybrid scaled the volume of her own howls back as her partner's grew in confidence and tone so the world might better hear her voice. Eris thought the noises the two of them made sounded rather like old ghosts howling in the wind, but the puppet at least clearly enjoyed herself with all this singing and swaying and yowling.

When the song was done, the substances were in full swing through Discordia's blood, and she watched as the once-colorless -- now colored, dancing with all the magic of rainbows and deep shadows and the palest white imaginable -- took a step forward. She reached out with her own hands, smiling broadly. She did not need to ask if the other woman saw the world as it was meant to be -- or truly was, as Discordia thought it. Her pupils told the tale loudly enough. Discordia wanted to dance with joy at the once-pale canine's discovery, but she held her place politely, awaiting the other canine's touch. She felt it, too -- real enough. Either this shade was a very powerful ghost, or it was no ghost at all, but reality and flesh and blood.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
}
#erisPoppz p {
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Having never been high or anything, I am sorta just guessing here XD It is a little difficult to write in this thread, but there is character development at least!? FORGIVE ;;

Song still rang in her ears as she looked at the other with funny eyes and registered that she was real. It was the strangest mixture of emotions: awe and wonder at the things she was seeing, but with a fear beginning to rise in the back of her mind. For if this was real, was not the other reality she knew unreal? Was she real? The old lady certainly was, so that had to mean that on some level, they were both real. The other creatures around her, the vette and the elf, had fled. Probably their singing, she concluded. She did not often sing, but she felt more like doing so now than she had in... it was hard to pinpoint. Ages, probably. Not to mention the fact that time somehow seemed different now, as if the world was slower somehow. It was harder to keep focus.

She touched the old lady's hand again and giggled, not entirely certain whether she should listen to the little tinge of fear in the back of her mind or not. It seemed as if she could not as easily direct her attention, and a worried expression came across her then, as she stared at her own hand. "I am no ghost," she explained, smiling knowingly. "I was just tricking you." A short giggle escaped from her mouth before she stared at her hand again, wondering which reality she preferred. This one was certainly a lot more interesting than the other, even if it had no underlings in it. Had they fled because of the singing or because she was real here, and not there? A doubt gnawed its way further into her consciousness -- one that was hardly new as of that moment, but certainly strengthened. Who was she? A liar, for one.

[/html]
[html]

(--) This table made awesome by Mel!

S'all good brosephalususukiskius. ALSO I find it fun that this thread was started long enough ago that the first post claims SoSu. 8D

Though the urge to dance was enough to make her limbs twitch here and there and her eyes followed the movements of the rhythm she saw and felt more than heard, the hybrid remained still, smiling and laughing with the gray-hued woman even as she spoke tricking and treachery. Discordia nodded her addle-brained understanding and smiled broadly. I would rather be tricked than for you to be a ghost, she said. Her tail wagged placatingly, and she still smiled her happiness. There was still something different about the stranger, no matter what -- perhaps it was not ghostliness or realization of her lack thereof, and perhaps it was simply the chemicals, but Discordia thought, at least, that she felt it.

Can you see the... what is the word? Discordia said, frowning. Halo, a quiet and sinister voice supplied from somewhere in the rear of her mind. Discordia did not recognize this voice and it frightened her, but she knew the truth of the answer. Halo, she finished, waving her fingers around her head. The light and color around living things? Non-living things had them, too, but Discordia thought the halos and trails were brightest around living beings, evidence of the magic within their life-force.

<style>
#erisMel {
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/apFCL.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
padding-top:209px;
width:500px;
}
#erisMel p {
margin:10px 15px;
}
#erisMel p.sieImage {
}
#erisMel p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
}
#erisMel p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisMel .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:14px;
#erisMel .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisMel b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisMel u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisMel b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisMel b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisMel b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]