Keep Both Eyes On...
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Saluce will be attending this thread as well. Both are in Secui form. Dated. Feb. 2nd

There was no sleeping in for this morning, as she would have liked. Only just returning from the festival the day before, a rest felt well deserved before the weight of responsibility came bearing down upon the joined shoulders of herself and mate. But even that minor wish had become a luxury not yet to be had as the words of trespass from an aspiring guard had been her greeting, as opposed to words of welcome.

The borders had been left undone by them for another day, the responsibility forfeit to the land’s nearly inducted guard for the sake of making this breech her first and only priority for the morning. The cross into their territory had been described as harmless at best, a bound into their claimed lands by an abandoner that concluded with a conversation with a pup. That in of itself had been unwise, allowing a child to greet a stranger. And though her instinct dictated that she address this alarming neglect to the mother of the child, she could bear to handle only one issue at this time. Her energy needed to be poured into this effort and her mind could not be distracted. She needed to maintain a sense of calm and try her hardest not to let her emotions get the better of her. For while her exterior was calm, her four-legged gait at ease and measured, she was furious beneath. Angered that her absence had let this occur… and angry that the abandoner had the audacity to come breezing through lands that were not longer his as though nothing had changed at all.

Such behavior was inexcusable and would be righted to discard any misconceptions as to what Ichika would and would not stand for.

For the better part of the morning, X’yrin galloped along with the company of her mate, kept in relative silence as her mind was left to muse undisturbed. Rather than formulate grandiose speeches and thought instead along the lines of calming her mind, repeating the mantras of the Exultare to keep her tongue and body in check. Occasionally she would glance to her mate as well in an attempt to gauge his reaction to this situation as well, but offered no word in conversation as the silence stretched on, disturbed by only the sounds of their combined breath.

Without a proper introduction to the lands, the pair had only the collaborated descriptions of their packmates to rely on, seeking out the landmarks while attempting to match the faint scent with the grounds they neared. The lands lacked the aged scent of a long sedimentary pack, very fresh and very new, no doubt marked daily to preserve its borders. It was all the indication she needed to lessen her gallivant stride to a comfortable trot as she lowered her nose to the ground to follow the scent to its end. Where the scent became the strongest she paused then swiftly raised her muzzle to the air calling for the domain’s master to greet their neighbors upon their borders. She offered no name of the pack, nor her own or that of her mate’s, simply a request for an audience… one wolf to another.

534 words.

[/html]
[html]
I'm guessing they met and conversed at the leaders feast, so they would know each other / +518

Zalen had stayed up for the majority of the night, only napping for an hour or so as the sun began its ascent in the sky. His mind had been set upon the happenings of several nights prior, when he and Titania had returned from the festival, their bellies full of both good and bad food stuffs. Zalen had not taken of the drink since his youth, and had only done so that night to ease his nerves in the presence of both friends and enemies. Luckily, he had retained his strong physicality the next day, and no semblance of a hang-over lingered. However, this was most likely attributed to the fact that he had slept for the full night, unlike last night, but now was the time to get up.

Still in his optime form, Zalen relinquished himself from the warmth provided by Titania. She looked like a crimson and ivory angel, tucked against the hollow of their privacy nook near the den entrance. She had shifted back to her lupus form sometime in the night, most likely for comfort, and Zalen had slept with her in his strong arms. He himself would have shifted as well, but ever since his encounter with the cougar several days prior, he had remained in his two legged form. Not wanting to make those in his pack who could not shift uncomfortable though, he made sure to move about on four legs instead of two. This unusual gait was becoming somewhat of a specialty of his, and he moved on four paws smoothly like he might have in lupus form.

Zalen took leave of the cave, not intending to stray far, especially after having been gone for most of the day and night, but as he exited so that he may lounge upon the smooth, rocky mound outside, a call came to his ear. He cocked a head at the sound; it was a cryptic call, one that grabbed his attention for the caller sounded familiar, though she did not give her name. Zalen then made haste, bounding through the forest on hands and feet until he was near the borders. There were two of them, their scents wafted on the cool breeze. Zalen was glad that the majority of the snow had melted, and the sun boasted in the sky of the coming spring; he was so looking forward to it.

Finally they came into view, and he recognized the female immediately; it was X’yrin of Ichika no Ho-en; they had met several nights before. Her companion, a male, was not familiar to him, but he smelt of her and Zalen assumed it must be her mate. The black Alpha walked up to the two, tail wagged and then sat before them, X’yrin, glad to see you again. He said with a smile, and then nodded to the male, Well met, brother. What would the emissary of Ichika have with me today? It was interesting that they were here, especially after having met with X’yrin only several nights before. And their stances, their being secui; suddenly Zalen became uneasy.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zzalenspi p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zzalenspi p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Patience was becoming a well known and well travelled territory by the Nomad. But she found herself having to search for it more and more rather than it coming to her as naturally as it had in the past. Dare she admit she was feeling tested by a force more daunting than her ancestors unless this was their idea of a trial that needed to be overcome. She couldn’t imagine what those beings in all their endless wisdom and experiences of life upon this earth were trying to conspire… only that it was growing steadily more annoying as these obstacles continued to rear themselves.

Continuously breathing the she-wolf paced a few feet of the border’s length keeping her nose to the ground as if stumped in trying to familiarize herself with the pack’s scent. In truth it was a rouse to make her look busy to conceal that fact that her impatience from being kept waiting was filtering through while this pressing matter was left unattended as the minutes ticked by. Eventually it took the gentle touch of her mate to ease her frantic steps and beckon for her to rejoin him by his side while they waited. Against the bubbling agitation, she thankfully obliged, whining softly as she graced his chin affectionately and circled his form possessively before setting beside him. Hastened breathes calmed at last with each inhale of his familiar and much loved musk that filled her flaring nostrils. Solace was taken by his presence, for without him her temper would have undoubtedly flared of its own accord and instead of the kindly encounter she hoped to initiated, something more temperamental and wicked would have taken its place. At least this much, she knew about herself…

As she reclined against him and looked across the threshold into the lands with renewed patience, she spied and odd form rolling across the grounds. The bounds were awkward but carried with them a sort of ease that could only have come through practice. Honing on the figure X’yrin lifted both head and ears and peeled herself from the dark fur of her as it neared. A light of surprise touched her features as the form was recognized as Zalen’s composed in optime and folded down to accommodate a lupine stride. The woman could only think to ask herself why, but offered not to verbalize her inquiry.

“Zalen,” politely the female lowered her head as well as both ears and tail in a passive show of submission to his status. Beside her, Saluce followed suit but with a mere tilt of his head. Smoothly, X’yrin gestured with the end of her muzzle from one male to the other. “My mate Saluce, an Exultare same as myself to Ichika. I apologize for this untimely intrusion-“ with the formalities and greeting aside, she segued into the intent of their visit. “-but we have come to inform you of a trespass upon our lands made by one of your own…a previous resident of Ichika that left without so much as a word… and apparently took it upon himself to tread our lands in the absence of its leaders.” In the midst of her debrief the woman reclaimed the rightful posture of her crown and instinctively lifted her tail in a formal show of rank. Though she had no qualms with the new Alpha personally, this encounter was less a social call and more a meeting that should have been treated in that regard. Her posture and words though endowed with a soft voice was a reflection of this, as she expected the same of him. “Were you aware of this, Zalen sir?”

608 words.

[/html]
[html]
OOC / +415

The two Ichika wolves made a show of reverence which Zalen very much appreciated, and he himself made to a power to the two after they had genuflected so gracefully. The male was indeed X’yrin’s mate, and was introduced as such and Zalen gave him one more nod of welcoming. But the Seiki of Ichika did not take long to get down to business, once again causing Zalen some dismay. The words she then spoke caused anger to bubble up in the Aplha’s chest, threatening a growl which he managed to suppress.

So it seemed their newly appointed Omega had strayed from the lands to trespass upon Icika, which had once been his home. X’yrin also informed Zalen of something else he hadn’t known, that Noah had in fact abandoned Ichika no Ho-en without so much as a word. How cowardly, it seemed as if the Omega position was well suited to the three legged male. He was weak, let a cat speak for him upon his joining, he was physically flawed, and then, not even a week into his being a part of New Dawn he had picked a fight with his own mother, and now this? Zalen was ashamed of the dark gray male.

With a sigh Zalen shook his head at the Seiki’s question, No, forgive me but I had no knowledge of Noah’s transgressions. I give you my sincerest apologies X’yrin, and make sure to tell Razekiel and Nayru of my shame. He crossed his arms then and closed his eyes as he continued, Noah has already been placed in the lowest rank and serves as our Omega, for he is both weak of body and mind. But I had considered him loyal, until now. Zalen’s heart hurt at having to admit this. The Alpha made sure to give his pack-members as much freedom as they would take, but while leaving the borders of New Dawn was frowned upon, it was allowed. However Zalen would have never guessed that one of his members would do something as fool-hardy as Noah had. What would he do with him now?

Looking back to X’yrin and Saluce, he asked, What would you have me do to punish him in such a way that would spare us any ill-will on Ichika’s part? Noah had really messed up, putting in jeopardy the budding alliancing that was springing up between New Dawn and its closest neighbor; Zalen was eager to hear what X’yrin might have in mind.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

When it came to matters of disciplinary action, the woman was about as inexperienced as they came. While she depended on the examples portrayed by her Shepard, she could hardly think of an occasion where she witnessed him dealing punishment on another… at least not a kind of reprimand for trespassing. The Nomads had no true boundaries being a people that never settled in the same place for too long save for the mating season. There was nothing for her to relate this situation to and for once was forced to rely upon her own thoughts.

As to what she had expected to become of this encounter, she could not rightly say. Perhaps an assurance that this conduct would not take place again, that would have been enough to put her at ease. And yet, there was a part of her that was not satisfied with such a benign act of discipline. A scolding and nothing more. While it fit Ichika’s ways she questioned herself as to whether or not it would be enough of a lesson to really stick to the boy. Would a word do? Was that really all it took for engrave the point in his mind? Her brows creased in thought, strangely not appeased by her own ideas.

“Obviously his placement in your ranks was not enough,” she thought aloud, her voice distance as though it were but a remnant of itself. “I harbor no ill will on Noah, even with his abandonment from Ichika… but I fear there is a misconception regarding our pack, if he believes he can waltz onto our lands without suffering a consequence.” Her voice steadily regained its strength as her words became less of a thought and more a coherent concept needing to be spoken. “We are fortunate Zalen, sir, but unless there is some amendment to our alliance, we are as you say neighbors… and not an extension of the same pack. Regardless of his past affiliation with Ichika, even the mate he left behind, he is no longer a part of those lands and he needs to be reminded of this.” With newfound conviction, she lifted her head. “Make an example out of him to your pack. Show not only him what will happen, but to the rest of your pack as well what will happen should they knowingly breach another’s border.

“I suggest a temporary exile… no more than a few days on his own to remind him of how fortunate he is to have a pack to call home. An example of what he could be his future…or anyone’s future if they chose to take another’s generosity too lightly, being that of an Alpha-“ politely she dipped her head to the onyx male “-or a neighbor.” A permanent exile from the rank would have been too harsh by anyone’s perspective, but a temporary abandonment seemed suitable for one who was obviously inclined to taking too fortune for granted, at least as far as she could see. And with his weakened stature and disfigurement, it was hopeful that the struggle alone would have been enough to shake some sense into him. Exploitation of one’s weakness was perhaps not the kindest approach, but as she learned countless times through her Shepard, it was the best and quickest way to learn and correct one’s errs.

556 words.

[/html]
[html]

All through-out the trip he had remained silent, only giving reassuring licks and nuzzles when it was just the two of them. He knew she was nervous, and he knew the rage that she held carefully hidden within her impressive frame. While he was boiling over the transgression he held his own irritations at bay as he waited for the Alpha of this so called pack. While he held no issues with the leader, having never met him, he was here, and ready to gauge his worth.< P>

Blue eyes watched the exchanges between the two, quietly studying and remaining still for the duration of the meeting. As things evolved he has several choice words but didn’t open his mouth to make things worse on his mate. It was his take to keep up with the comings and goings of Ichika and he had been at the festival when this had happened. So he felt there needed to be a clear and unmistakable discussion about such things. But he waited for the right time to address his own thoughts, waiting for his mate to finish. It was then the time was right, his body seemed to grow bigger even though he stood still, his lips slowly curling before his mouth opened to speak.

“As to what you do to keep this from happening again, I do not care, but if I do find any of your pack members trespassing, I will not hesitate to drag them back to you. While we are always welcoming to anyone wishing to have tours or to visit, as you are always welcome to come and visit, it is my job to ensure the safety of the members of the pack, so please understand that it would be best if it never happens again.” He stood instead of remaining seated, standing proudly next to his mate.

“I do not wish harm on your pack members but you surely can understand the situation I am put in now?”

<style type="text/css">
.salucefoundry b {font-weight:bold; color:#F74D1C; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.salucefoundry-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.salucefoundry p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.salucefoundry {margin:0 auto; width:322px; background-color:#150802; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... undry1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0E0A01; padding: 375px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#7E280A; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +287

Zalen listened right rapt attention as X’yrin spoke, taking heed to her words. It seemed to him that Ichika was just was regretful on the actions of Noah and how they threatened the relationship between the two packs and that there visit here was only to ensure that something be done about it. Something would surely be done indeed. Zalen nodded politely as she finished, a grave look on his face, when her mate Saluce spoke up. He was not as soft spoken as X’yrin, and it was obvious to Zalen that he was much angrier over the whole situation. Zalen couldn’t help but let the untied fur on his back bristle a bit at the callous way the man spoke, but he understood that the frustration was well placed.

Nodding again then, and straightening himself, he spoke, Noah will be rightly punished and made example of before the entirety of the pack. He has been walking on thin ice as it is and his transgressions here will not be ignored. Take my word and neither he nor any other member of New Dawn will so much as take one stride onto Ichika lands from now on. Then, standing to his full two legged height, Zalen looked down upon the two, a truly apologetic look on his face, Once again you have my sincerest apologies. He put a hand to his chest then and bowed slightly.

Then, falling again to all fours, Zalen took several strides away from the two before turning back, If it would please Ichika, then perhaps we can fetch and emissary from you at the appointed time, so that they may give witness to the punishment, that way all parties may be placated.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The woman did not know what to think of herself in this moment other than assured by her decision. Her harbored no guilt for the exploitation of young Noah’s handicap or felt lenient for this benign transgression. Strangely, she felt her emotions were withdrawn from this discussion as if this were a spar rather than an exchange of ideals of punishment. The prior disease as she waited for the discussion to unfold had dissipated the instant she brought life to her words. Fixed within her mind was a singular idea as she had been trained for focus on while sparring, and just as she trusted her body to move as it far fit, she did she have to trust her mind to be reasonable and conjure the words that need be spoken.

While she was aware of her words, the recognition of them had not truly reached her eyes until after a swift recount of her suggested, coupled with Zalen’s apologetic response. The woman lifted her head, ears still tuned to both her mate’s and Zalen’s voice. She could understand the position her mate was placed in by the breach of their territories, but used discretion in backing his words. They spoke for themselves, more or less needing little more than a nod of understanding.

As Zalen rose to bow in his apology, so did X’yrin bring herself to her feet reciprocating the sincere gesture with a humble dip of her crown. Loosened autumn locks came streaming down her brow and shoulders, rendering her front into a complete mass of red and gold, appearing blind in the encompassing red. “When the time comes, Zalen sir, if you could call for either myself or Saluce to act as witness, it would be appreciated. Only when the punishment is dealt will Ichika learn of what has happened… and it is our sincerest hope that upon this unfortunate act’s conclusion, Ichika no Ho-en and New Dawn may look upon this as a growing experience so that our future engagements are less formal and more pleasant for all.” Again, the she-wolf bowed as she began her backward step away from the marked border. “We apologize for disturbing this wonderful day with trouble news, but hopefully this will be put behind us expediently. Do take care of yourself, Zalen sir.”

Her words were meant for the conclusion of their engagement, not wanting to further tread down this unfamiliar… yet oddly fulfilling role. There was little doubt in her mind that meetings of the like would be in her future, but she could only hope they went as smoothly as this… or not be called for at all. Gently brushing the shoulder of her mate with her own, she signaled their leave and took lead back toward home.

[Exit X'y and Sal]

462 words.

[/html]