Love Isn't Always Easy, But It's Always Worth It
[html]
i think we're alone now
there doesn't seem to be anyone around

WC:000+ / Set at first in Thackary Village. We’ll see where they go from there.

She and Liam had been here almost a month and had settled into cave dwelling rather nicely. It was weird at times to be away from her family But Ayasha tried not to let that bother her. She had Liam and that was enough for her, right? Sometimes she wondered if everyone’s warnings about Liam and Anathema were right. But she was his mate and he was hers and nothing was going to stop that. She did miss her mother and siblings a lot but not as much as the first couple of nights, well after the first night.

She knew that Liam was up to something in the village and hoped that she could see what he was doing. She trusted him but was simply curious about what was keeping her mate busy. Mate. There were still times when that word felt a little strange to her. But she supposed that that was something that would come easier as time went by. She left their cave and headed up above ground and went to the village. Liam? Are you here somewhere? She had never actually been here before and gave the “Storm Tree Hotel” a curious look. This was what humans called a hotel? It seemed tiny. Though they did get it right some of the time since they got the name correct with the Chien Hotel over in Cour des Miracles. Maybe these humans were exceedingly stupid.

the beating of our hearts is the only sound

<style type="text/css">
.ayarose b {font-weight:bold; color:#94272c; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#2a2a2a 1px 1px 3px;}
.ayarose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ayarose .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.ayarose {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#cbc6c3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RDJKO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #572f0f; border-radius:5px; padding: 333px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#726f6e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ayarose .inner {background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); margin:0 15px; border-radius:10px;}
.ayarose .words {text-align:center; font-style:italic; font-family:georgia; color:#7f1b23; font-size:23px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#2a2a2a 1px 1px 3px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:10px;}
</style>[/html]
He was cleaning the house he'd found for them. He didn't mind the caves, not at all, but he wanted to fix up a house. The caves were... well, they were small. Close quarters. Besides the den he and Taliesin had shared for a month or two, he'd never actually lived in a den before. He loved always having Ayasha's scent on him, knowing she was there for him, knowing she was listening. But there were times he wanted to... to be alone. To think, to listen. He was grumbling softly to himself as he pulled on a loose floorboard, not really complaining, but talking to himself, and to Them. The butterflies were loud today.

He paused for a moment as a nail scored his skin through his jeans. Swearing softly, he sat down on the rotting chair in the corner. As it collapsed under his weight, he leapt to his feet and grabbed the remains of the back of the chair. He swung it, snarling curses at it. As he released it, he swore loudly. Just then, he heard his mate's sweet voice. He swallowed, feeling chagrined. He made his way over his wreckage to the doorway of the house. It was a small house, one floor and three bedrooms. On the outside it was pretty, though the house could use a coat of paint, the rails of the porch needing sanded.

"Over here, Kiddo." He offered her a crooked grin, hoping she hadn't heard the swearing, but knowing she probably had.
Ayasha heard her mate swear and had to give a rather amused grin. He might think that she too delicate to hear those things but she grew up around grown men who tended to swear. She was mostly of Leon since his brother, J’adore, never really swore that she knew of. Leon was the more hotheaded of the two and more impulsive than his soft-spoken brother. She missed J’adore at times but tried to not let that bother her too much.

Liam called to her and stepped out of a small, one-story house and gave her a crooked grin. She gave him an amused smirk that said that she had heard all his curses. ”Are you OK, loverboy? I wouldn’t want you to get hurt on me.” They had their nicknames for each other, even though hers was in retaliation for his. But the sentiment behind his name was real. She did love him.

She was wearing all her necklaces at different lengths so they all showed, including the one from Liam’s dad. She would explain how she got it if he asked, which she knew would happen. He knew that she had gone to the Winter Festival but didn’t know what she had gotten. She would show him the knives she had got for him later when they went back to their cave. She looked at the house idly. ”Are you wanting to move in here or did you just feel like repairing this house?” Her tone was curious and not at all accusatory.
She wouldn't want him to get hurt. He snorted softly, an amused laugh. "I'm good. Got a little scratch is all. Went to sit and examine it, and fell on my ass." His eyes raked her form, his impish grin widening. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are, Kiddo?" His tail wagged behind him as he held out his hand for her to join him.

"I'm fixing it up, and hoping we can shack up in here at times. I kinda miss living in an actual house sometimes." He laughed softly as he looked at her again. He turned and pulled her into an embrace, burying his nose in her neck. Her scent washed over him, the sweet clean smell of his love, his woman. He pulled back slightly, his hand lifting to touch the quartz. A quizzical look crossed his amber optics as he looked at his mate.

"Never seen this one before, kiddo. Get it at the festival?" It was pretty, the stone warm in his palm, almost as if it were alive, rather than returning the body heat it was given. He returned his gaze to her face, letting the crystal fall back to its original place. In the back of his mind, the butterflies whispered that the stone was dangerous, that something evil lurked in it. The rust hued male wiped his hand off on his jeans as if he'd been touching something unpleasant, then let his hand settle onto her hip.
[html]
Word Count :: 246 Lets hope Liam isn’t too mad at her.

At his words of him simply getting a scratch, Ayasha glanced him over, making sure Liam was alright. He didn’t seem to hurt and she was rather relieved. But when he said that he fell on his ass, she gave an amused snort of laughter and You should be careful where you sit then. She wasn’t even chiding him but simply teasing him. His words about how beautiful he thought she was earned him a dazzling smile. You should tell me more often. Just in case I forget.

Liam talked about shacking up in the house sometimes and he pulled her into an embrace. She looked around and gave him an attempted crooked smile. Well, loverboy. You have a lot of work to do on the place before I even consider shacking up with you here. You’ll have to make do with the cave until then. He buried his nose in her neck and she gave his ear a playful nip.

But he soon pulled back and inspected her newest necklace. He pulled further away as if he had been burned by it and she frowned slightly, guessing that he had some idea that he wouldn’t be happy with where she got. Yeah. I, um, ran into to your father and he gave it to me. He did want me to look after myself and you. She figured it would be best to be honest with him and she waited for his reaction to her news.

Wanting all we left behind, Like it's the answer. An hour glass we can't rewind, Holding back the life that I've denied for so long

Image courtesy of RC Designer

<style>
.GR2_Ayasha p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Ayasha b {font-family:verdana; color:#d1b584; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Ayasha {background-color:#d8c098; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fbfade; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9652/atable15.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #b9c484; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Ayasha .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #b9c484; }
.GR2_Ayasha .name {text-align:right; font-family:Alex Brush; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#9f875e 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Ayasha .lyrics {color:#fbfade; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.GR2_Ayasha .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#fffff1; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #b9c484; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
She nipped at him, and he nipped back, grinning impishly. When she frowned slightly and explained where she'd gotten it from, he wrinkled his nose, the expression not quite a snarl. "He's not my father. You are my family. You and the pups we'll have someday." For a moment, he wanted to insist she take off the necklace, but then he shrugged. "It's a pretty thing though." His expression had gone neutral, his eyes drifting past her to the ever present mountains with their caverns. There was something almost soft, almost wistful as he spoke again. "You do want pups still, don't you? To have our own family?"

He couldn't quite look at her in his sudden shyness. He was a bold male, one not comfortable with his softer side, his softer feelings. His burning amber embers darted from her necklaces to a shadow, to a broken shard of glass, to a withered tree, to her face, to her feet. His mouth was dry, and he was feeling stupidly anxious to hear her answer and dreading it.

He could almost hear her telling him they'd never have a family, that she didn't want pups tainted with his blood. He could feel his heart breaking at the thought of not being allowed a family, of not being allowed to protect his own offspring and mate the way Taliesin Dir Rhiannon should have protected Liadain, Brighid, and Kira. Perhaps then the shadow wolves would have never begun haunting him.
OOC: Not sure if we need to stick a M warning on this.

IC: As they nipped gently at each other for a few moments, they grinned at each other. But she did watch her mate’s expression as she told him about where she got the new necklace. But he simply insisted that Tal was not his father and that she and any pups they might have was his family. She was glad that he chose not to do much about the necklace and instead said it was pretty. She gave him a happy grin and nodded in agreement.

Liam then wanted to make sure that she wanted his pups and then got shy. She watched with slight amusement at her bold mate getting so shy. He seemed afraid that she would say no. Ayasha shook her head at his fear and pulled his face up so she could look in his eyes. ”Liam, love. I do want to have pups with you eventually. But we need to wait a bit. I want to get settled in here first.” She stood on her tiptoes and gave a loving kiss.

Then she got a naughty, impish grin. ”But loverboy, I have no problem practicing to perfect making those pups.” She knew that he would understand what she meant and that they could do sooner than later. She gave him another, more passionate, kiss to prove her point and show her feelings and urgency.
Even though she kissed him, trying to make it better, he still felt rejected somehow. "What do you call our time here so far but settling in? We have a den, I'm working on a house for us, what more could you want, kiddo?" He had pulled away, a sullen look on his face. His ears twitched as he shoved his hands in his pocket, his hand wrapping around the bone shard. "What, Taliesin tell you my momma was crazy too, that I'd somehow taint the pups, make 'em insane too?"

His voice was flat, emotionless. His gaze somehow managed to be both angry and empty at the same time. "Fuck it, I don't care." He turned away, walking back inside. He didn't care if she followed or not, just resumed his work on the house, grabbing the remainder of the rotted chair and tossing it out the large bay window to the back yard where he had been throwing a lot of other trash he'd burn later. Anger seethed in his soul, the butterflies whispering lies in his ears.

She betrayed you. He shook his head no, his anger making his throat too tight to speak. She will leave you, too. She'll lie to you and betray you. She'll betray you to the shadows, betray you to the evil ones. You'll see. He growled in reply, using his hands to resume tearing up the rotted floorboard he had been working on before she'd shown up.
As she kissed him, she could tell something was off with her mate. He pulled away and talked about how he thought they were settled in enough. He said that they had a den and he was rebuilding a house for them and asked what else she wanted. She sighed and was about to explain better her points when he asked if she thought he would taint their pups.

He then said he didn’t care and walked off, heading towards the house he was working on. She stared after him for a moment then followed him inside. He was working again and she could tell he was angry and she was pretty sure that he was angry with her. She gave a soft sigh as she collected her thoughts.

She cleared her throat gently. ”Liam. I know you won’t corrupt the pups. Tal didn't say much about your mother. And the reason why I want to wait is…I’m not sure I’m ready to be a mother yet.” Her voice dropped to a whisper at her reason. She really didn’t feel she was quite ready to be a mom. Ayasha only hoped that Liam would understand that. ”I’m scared about my ability as a mom not yours as a dad.”
He was wrapped up in his inner argument with the butterflies, his personal gods. When Ayasha walked in, he gritted his teeth, listening to her supposed reasons she didn’t want pups yet. Supposedly she wasn’t ready. Supposedly, she was afraid of what kind of mom she would be. Yet, hadn’t she been the one to tell him how she was practically raising her siblings in Aniwaya? Hadn’t she told him that?

He lifted his head, his citrine eyes burning. ”Don’t. Just don’t, Ayasha. Just back off right now before I lose my temper.” He didn’t want to hurt her but the butterflies were whispering, reminding him of the monster she was sure he was. She claimed otherwise, but he was certain he could see the fear hidden in the deep azure pools of her eyes. He was certain that deep down, she was planning on leaving him someday.

He pulled at another floorboard, feeling the cut on his leg open up again. He swore as he tossed the floorboard out the window and sat on the ground. He removed his top and pressed the black fabric to the wound, gritting his teeth against the mild discomfort. Something about the blood flowing calmed him though, and he filed that tidbit away for further examination.
As she talked to her mate, she could see in his body that he was tense and Ayasha knew that she was partly to blame. And that he didn’t believe her. She knew that she had helped care for her siblings but having a child of her own would be different than helping her mother and tribe raise her siblings. She wanted to explain it but hesitated.

Their eyes met and his were burning from…anger? Disbelief? Betrayal? She wasn’t sure but he told her to leave before he lost his temper with her. She gave a resigned sigh and nodded, slowly backing away from him, her eyes not leaving his form until she could no longer see him. He swore in the distance and she wanted to go back and comfort him but she wasn’t sure how well that would go.

So she headed back to their cave and for the first time since they had come here, cried. They were silent tears since she didn’t really want anyone but Liam to comfort her. But she had no idea how long he would be. So she ended up falling into a fitful sleep but soon turned into a deep sleep when he came back and laid next to her.