there's a patch of blue
[html]

Set before the thread in Dahlia de Mai.

now I'm here to stay / love can be so boring / what was it you wanted / could it be I'm haunted?

Struggling up and across the mountain range was nothing short of tedious for the young woman. Her feet had troubles finding footholds, and her hands, she was still beginning to manipulate properly. Having shifted early, she was getting a feel for it much sooner than she should be, and her immaturity showed in her rather small and childlike form. But even though she was small and delicate in appearance, she held the air of a grown woman, truly her father's daughter in every way. Nothing could deter her from conquering her challenges; nothing could stop her because Gabriel would never have quit. When it came down to it, everything was just a matter of perseverance.

She did break momentarily, sitting on a ledge with her feet hanging over the edge and breathing hard. She blinked sleepily — the climb had exhausted her, certainly — and looked around her. Far below she could see where Inferni's and met the ocean, and she realised that it would be a good point from which to watch for the Dahlia pack. Still... Perhaps it was too far away to tell. Anyone could give a false alarm and realise they'd slaughtered ten or so wolves that had nothing to do with the conflict. Her heart was much softer than her father's, at least, but it didn't stop her from wishing it wasn't from time to time.

She stood then, tired of the scenery — the never ending beaches that were all but discouraging from that height — and pressed on across the mountains.

[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: Quick and short, yes? Also, he's shifted.

He'd been atop the mountain again when he saw her. The shape, moving clumsily across the treacherous rocks. Lubomir stood silently, like some sentinel of old, his features blank and dispassionate. She was young, much younger than Ember. And she was certainly foolish to attempt the climb like that. His eyes left her for a moment, as she rested on the edge of the gorge, and he gazed towards Inferni lands again, his eyes narrowing just so. The filth. His wounds, healing a lot quicker now, did not bother him so much. Indeed, they would eventually just be thin white scars underneath the grey fur. Still, it hurt inside, because no matter what, he had been weak and he had been beaten. Twice. In two days.

Those ghosts, however, belonged to a different time. Now, there was a strange female on the mountain and he would investigate. Lubomir carefully made his way towards her, picking his footing slowly, preferring a descent rate he could control. Soon, he was within range of her, without being too close. She looked like that filth Gabriel, the same pelt, the same general appearance. Lubomir sniffed the air. Inferni. She reeked of it. His eyes narrowed and he let out a growl. A spy, this close to Shadowed Sun? 'What are you doing here?' His tone was cold and menacing, his eyes glinting like shards of steel. She had no right to be here, none at all.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithacontaindefault strong {color:#770000;}
</style>

She froze at the growl that came out, and looked up with some measure of fear at the wolf that stared down at her. Her tail immediately tucked; he was only about a quarter wolf, and could not possibly look anything like one. She was like a coyote with dog fur, and unable to mask her scent; this must have been part of the trouble going on with the clan. She lowered her eyes immediately and whined, unable to believe she was being accused of something.

I was just walking, she said softly, her voice more womanly than childish. I-I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be up here! It was free land... Wasn't it?

[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: I...yeah. :|

Lubomir's expression did not change. She was a spy. She belonged to the coyotes, she stank of them. She was, as far as he was concerned, a pathetic little coyote, despite her obvious puphood. She would grow up into the monster that made wolves miscarry, like Asphyxia. She would destroy. She would be like Gabriel, a bloodthirsty killing machine. He could feel the rage boiling in him, could feel the anger coursing through his veins. Just walking, was she? Just strolling. An innocent little puppy who meant no harm, of course not, why should she, Fenrir forbid that she would hurt a fly! His eyes narrowed and his tone dripped venom. 'There is no need for you to take that tone of voice with me. You should go back to your pathetic little coyote family and stay the hell away from us.' He leaned towards her, his yellow eyes steely and cold. 'Who sent you up here, coyote?' He'd agreed not to do anything more to hurt the compromise between Shadowed Sun and Inferni. But if he talked to her, that was hardly harming. He would not hurt her, touch her, do anything to give the coyotes even the tip of a claw. They would latch on to anything. He would not be the reason for war.

[/html]