The First Link in the Chain
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: February 14th. Near the Halcyon mountains.

This was as good of a day as any, she supposed, to sit and wait for this appointment to unfold. It was quite an interesting arrangement for sure made in earnest for the sake of broadening her knowledge of the northern territory neighbors. In truth, she had been surprised by the receptiveness of the Anatheman lead. She had expected something like an outright rejection, after all she was a nameless face when compared to the deep roots that connected many of these land’s inhabitants together. In the grand scheme, she knew next to nothing about them all… but hoped this meeting would dispel the mystery and shine a new light of understanding. And if not that, at least she would be able to place a name to a face and learn a little more about their history and culture.

Amidst the warm sun the golden female took a comfortable seat within the bordering mountains, overlooking the lands with serenity on her face as she bide her time with a relaxing craft. For once her mane was not the source of her cathartic leisure as she had done to it what all she could do. Instead, she was attempting to craft something with the beads she had acquired at the festival. Their varying colors that caught her eyes and the amount was certainly worth the efforts of her trade, but she hadn’t the idea then what she could do with them… or even now, but still she was trying. The various feathers that accented her woven mane were plucked periodically and fashioned with these beads. Even now she held a rust speckled feather to the sunlight trying to imagine what bead would look better attached to its end. It seemed like a silly thing to spend this much of her tome contemplating, but it was relaxing none the less as she waited patiently for the other party to appear.

318 words.

[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... English+SC);</style>ALAKI
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Should I bite my tongue until blood soaks my shirt?
Never fall apart, so tell me why this hurts so much
My hands are at your throat and I think I hate you
Word Count :: 660Hibiki is a blue roan, Rian (alex's horse) is an appaloosa. Wasn't sure if they'd have shared names so left that open ^^

A barely muffled yawn sounded behind him and the grey Rakeeb couldn't hold back the fond smile that wormed into his expression nor his eye roll that followed. Typical, he demands to tag along and yet he's half asleep. Fixing his expression back into it's usual frown he twisted awkwardly upon the mares back so that he could see the pale male trailing behind him, his pale form contrasting greatly to the stallion he was sat upon rich brown tones. For some reason Alex was still sticking around, still stealing his bed, still interfering with his life and seemed as if he had no intention of leaving any time soon which left the young Rakeeb helplessly perplexed; despite sharing a bed with the other he was pretty sure he felt nothing for the older male aside from friendship and Alex was known to sleep with anything that moved and only butted into his life because it entertained him. As if sensing he was being stared at Alex looked up, ice blue eyes heavy with sleep and a satisfied lazy grin was flashed at him “See something you like, oh mighty one” the ghostly male asked, earning a huff from the rakeeb as he twisted to face forward, placing Hibiki's reigns into one hand he raised his now free arm and shot the male behind him a ever so polite gesture, gathering the reigns back into both arms as his companion roared with laughter behind him.

Bring Alex had disaster written all over it, but the pale male claimed to be on good terms with Ichika's leadership and really, even if he had order him to stay behind he knew Alex would have followed regardless. Their pace was slow and careful through the mountainous terrain although the distance required to travel to the foreign pack was short; this Ichika was and always had been since it's founding, disgustingly close to Anathema. Despite how the closeness irritated him he had been assured the pack was both peaceful and of no threat; heck, Jace was a member there so he couldn't really kick up a fuss with the foreign pack even if he truly wanted to. Yet the more he thought about it the more it seemed that maybe it was the close proximity or perhaps plain curiosity about the female's invite that brought him outside of his pack lands to speak with the newly appointed lead.

From the brief encounter he had with her he had formed little of an opinion, which was neither good nor bad, although he leaned slightly towards a more positive opinion of her due to her initiating and personally involving herself in building and working upon pack relations. Some leaders preferred to designate a member to do all the leg work and talking and so he could only respect the woman for her seemingly eagerness to work for her packs benefit. Silence swallowed the pair as they moved, both consumed by their own thoughts as the landscape passed them by, the horses only needing directing every now and then to remain on course. Eventually both Beyaz and Chiya looped back; an indication that they'd seen someone and in unison the birds landed upon a rider each, Beyaz taking Alaki's left shoulder and Chiya landing promptly upon Alex's head.

Urging his mare forward the wind quickly began to carry the vaguely familiar scent of the female leader he had met at the meet and as she came into view he brought Hibiki to a halt and promptly dismounted her, his katana clattering around with the movement before settling back against his side. A thud behind him indicated that Alex to had dismounted. Leaving his horse behind him he stepped forward until he was within a comfortable speaking distance of the female. “Good to see you again” he spoke softly, not bothering to raise his voice and felt heat to his side as Alex moved to stand beside him.

Image courtesy of the-night-bird

<style>
.Alaki_UntilIDie .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie b {font-family:verdana; color:#778375; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie {background-color:#1f1f1c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#808274; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5781/atab.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .name {text-align:right; font-family:IM Fell English SC; color:#95a090; font-size:95px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#4d5349; font-size:30px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics2 {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#c1b8b4; font-size:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#575a4f; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The woman was near lost in her craft to the point of her companion going unnoticed until he screeched for her undivided attention. Her muzzle was met with a body of feathers before her head could even lift to acknowledge him. His sharpened talons latched firmly around her maw, tickling the flesh of her lips with their defined tips before he freed her and resumed his hover overhead. Always the theatrical companion and now even more so with the woman’s attention divided between him and the latest addition to their hodge-podge of a family.

Setting down her craft with an annoyed grumble, she lifted both muzzle and an arm in a gesture for the irritable bird to perch. It was her own fault for neglecting him. When their time was often spent in each other’s company, him nesting on her shoulder through nearly all her tasks and conversing with her of the splendors he had seen on his outwards trips, it was no wonder he was stared for her attention now. A little needy for a bird, but it was none the less welcomed. Her speckled friend spotted the arm and made a sweep down to take it just as the sound march of hoofed steps garnered their attention. The distraction was all that was needed for yet another appearance to be made with theatrics.

Her nameless owl swung wide away from the darting dark blur as it latched onto a golden arm and nearly threw the woman back by its force. For a fledgling so ready to fly its landing was terrible and it would have served well for this little owl to have made some indication of its arrival to prepare its handler for its abrupt entrance. But then, this female was naturally quiet. Annoyingly so. With his perch stolen by the smaller short-eared sibling, the Eurasian owl reclaimed his height among the clouds feeling even more left out that his change for bonding was taken yet again. (As if the blame could be placed on the wolf…)

From the tiny thing's appearance, she had only a moment to brace herself and her arm before its toes gripped her arm, using the limb as a stop in her flight instead of utilizing her wings. This female had quite the personality on her, eager and absent minded to a degree, and increasingly dependent as her handler was starting to learn. X’yrin held her arm extended out in front of her as the fledgling continued to beat her wings against the air for stability until she found her balance and settled. Pushing on her bracing arm behind her, the female was finally able to right herself now that her companion was stable and turned to her spectators with a bashful smile on her lips. “My apologies,” she offered sincerely, feeling terrible for their wait while her bird finally settled. “They act like bickering siblings, you see. But yes… it’s good to see you again.” Keeping the bird balanced on her arm, the female pushed herself to stand whilst using her free hand to brush the clinging snow and rock from her fur. “When last we spoke,” she continued softly in the midst of light grooming. “I don’t believe I received your name. At the Festival I was Seiki to Ichika… now I am its Tenryu. But please, call me X’yrin.” She inclined her head humbling toward the known male and his guest. “It is a pleasure to see you both. Thank you from coming to meet me.”

584words.

[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... English+SC);</style>ALAKI
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Word Count :: 370:3

A bundle of feather drew his attention for a moment, earning a quick, curious stare, blue eyes tracking and following the bird for a few seconds before the young Rakeeb drew his attention back to the female, altogether dismissing the owl. Despite having personally trained many of the crows within Anathema, the storm coloured male had little interest in animals aside from their uses and how they can benefit him and his pack; if an animal is of no use then it is nothing more then food waiting to be killed and eaten; such was life. Although at times it seemed Beyaz was an exception to his typical judgement upon animals, ever since a few months ago he now saw the albino crow, for the most part, nothing more than a nuisance whom followed him everywhere he went; ever since he'd been betrayed so badly he'd found himself unable to trust and attach himself to anything, not even a clearly loyal crow.

Eventually it seemed as if the woman had the situation under control and offered an apology and explanation, of which he simply inclined his head slightly in acknowledgement and allowed a fraction of a smile to touch his expression. The female continued to speak, introducing herself as X'yrin; at the females words he felt Alex tense beside him and he turned to look at the male, but before he could figure out what was up with the Zepar or question him, the pale male spoke. “What happened to Nayru? Did something happen to her?” his voice was scarily serious for once, losing it's usual mocking touch it so often had. Alexander was still very much a mystery to the young Rakeeb but he did recall hearing the pale male mention once being a member of Ichika and so it only made sense he would be acquainted with the leadership.

Ignoring Alexander's question he decided it best to introduce him and his companion first, so that conversation would be a lot less confusing. “Ah, I'm Alaki, the current Rakeeb and this here” he indicated towards Alex with a small gesture of a hand “Is Alexander Collins.” he explained and wondered if the name would mean anything to the woman.

<style>
.Alaki_UntilIDie b {font-family:verdana; color:#778375; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie {background-color:#1f1f1c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#808274; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5781/atab.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .name {text-align:right; font-family:IM Fell English SC; color:#95a090; font-size:95px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#4d5349; font-size:30px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics2 {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#c1b8b4; font-size:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#575a4f; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Finally the young bird managed to grow calmer on her arm though her little body was still very restless. Her little wings continued to test the air as if preparing to take off again though her claws were reluctant to detach. She simply tottered to and fro until she came to rest still at last and turned her wide brown eyes to the two strange wolves. She hooted inquisitively as if expecting a reply. Smiling, the Nomad placed a gentle hand on the curious thing’s head as an assuring gesture that her curiosity would soon be appeased.

She was surprised though to hear the Rakeeb’s companion inquire about the Lady Nayru. Did he know of her before their meeting, she wondered. Or was this knowledge word of mouth? Regardless, she was at an immediate loss to answer considering her own mind had not fully accepted that her Lady was gone. Her warm smile had faded somewhat to a remnant of its prior radiance, but still a part of it lingered if only as a show of her natural disposition. “Circumstances have taken the Lady away from Ichika,” she softly confided within them. “They are grave, but when last I saw her she was in good health and I hope she returns to us just the same, if not better.” She lowered her head with her sincerity before it was lured to raise to its prior height by receptive ears.

Her gaze fell upon the dark male as he announced himself and a brow of recognition perked at his surname. “Collins?” she asked with a hitch of interest in her voice. “I know of a Skye Collins that I met at the festival.” At the hopes of a relative connection her tail began its excited sway. To bridge another relation within these vast lands was a personal pleasure for her, one that gave her the positive impression that one day she would come upon another of the Nomads or she would meet a traveler that had crossed their path. “Would you be family?”

342 words.

[/html]
[html]
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Word Count :: 492:3

Silently he listened to the others explanation regarding this Nayru. It was rare for Alexander to be serious and even rarer for him to genuinely inquire about another without some sort of irritating underlying meaning to his words. Since the idiot Zepar had moved to his left, the grey samurai found himself turning his head more than what was comfortable to observe the pale male; although he was growing accustomed to his partial blindness, it was irritating still that his field of vision was less than others and he was overly conscious about how others may view it, maybe that was simply because he himself saw his new limitations as a weakness. As Z'yrin explained that this Nayru was of good health he noticed Alex relax, the pale male seeming to slip back into his usual cocky, all too relaxed stance. Curiosity burned within the Rakeeb, question eager to be asked filled his mind, clinging to his tongue desperate to be spoken, although he managed to force them back. He'd get his answers from Alex one way or another when there wasn't another present.

With Alex back to normal, or alteast as normal as the pierced male got, the scarred samurai turned his head, his gaze falling upon the female once more. “Well that's good. Nayru was too damn hot to die or be ill. God forbid if Ichika lost such a beauty” Alex spoke the words causing the storm coated male to flinch in response, quickly suppressing a groan he mentally cursed the pale Zepar with every fowl word in every language he knew. Without looking he knew that the pale male would have that damned innocent expression sat upon his mug, as if he was some naive pup who didn't understand what he was saying and meant know harm; very quickly the Rakeeb had learnt that Alexander knew exactly what he was saying and doing and relished in the fact he could speak his mind often without getting into to much trouble. Counting a few seconds he squashed his initial reaction of which was to beat the living day lights out of his companion and he looked sheepishly towards the female leader, praying she hadn't taken offence from the idiots words.

“Remind me why I brought you with me” he whispered underneath his breath, the words barely audible. “Sorry. Seems at some point he lost his brain and is now nothing more then a helpless idiot. Do not take offence from his words” he attempted to mimic Alexander's ability to speak with both sincerity and innocence, the words quite clearly an insult to the pale male whom simply laughed at them. “And you met Skye? Is she well? I haven't seen her in awhile. As, yes. I'm her elder brother, although we're not all that close sadly, so I doubt you'd have heard mention of me” the ghost like zepar explained, answering some of the Rakeebs questions along with X'yrins.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

“Hot?” She did not know where to begin to understand what the loquacious male meant by that statement. She didn’t see how the Lady’s temperature would have constituted her death or lack thereof. Perhaps this was something new she hadn’t quite grasped… or a euphemism that needed better explanation. Whatever the cause, the Nomad was content to smile and nod as if she understood while letting her gaze pass between the two males attentively. Her expression about blanked when she looked to the Rakeeb and his less than pleased expression for his companion.

“Oh no no,” the female raised an unoccupied hand to rest atop her head. “It’s quite alright. There was no offense taken. I truth I have a sibling that he reminds me of,” she smiled at the recollection of her younger sister. “Talkative and interesting to say the least. I’m sure together their conversations would never bore one’s ears.” Small talk had never been a positive quirk of hers, but in an attempt to dispel a sudden growing tension, she tried.

Her hope to bridge a familiar gap was achieved when the paler of the two confirmed his relation to the lady she had met. The woman’s tail waved excitedly, her aura radiating with elation that stirred the perched owl on her arm to look around to the cause of this excitement. She made a questioning sound sharing her intent to join in on this happy feeling but was still at a loss when there was only a whine of content as her answer. “A sibling? That’s wonderful!- Oh but…” as quickly as her jubilance was aroused, it was suppressed when the conditions of the relationship were better known. “I am sorry the two of you are not close. She looked well enough when last I saw her, we were in the middle of a trade and unfortunately I did not inquire too much about her personally. But my friend, I am certain there is a reason for the distance, it is but an obstacle that ancestors have laid before you to overcome.”

Forgetting for a moment the varying views of their sentient brethren, she went on with her cultural perceptions as if they would plainly understand. “I am sure there is a plan in the works to bring the two of you together again, you need only wait for a sign to know it is time to proceed. Just as I believe the ancestors were involved in leading us toward this meeting, so do I believe they have something in store for you. Surely it is not just a coincidence that I have met your sister, and now you. There was a purpose for it, I’m sure.” And she took great strength in this belief, for it was the driving force that lead her through the days of the unknown. Whatever difficulties or complications were laid before her, she held fast in the belief that they were the proceedings toward a worthwhile goal. She need only be patient, continue along the path and await the outcome.

“But…enough of my rambling,” the she-wolf lowered her head modestly and eventually let her hand fall away to her side. “I am very interested to hear about Ichika’s neighbors. It is a shame that we are so close and know so little about each other… do you agree?”

558 words.

[/html]
[html]
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Word Count :: 514Geh, major fail post

Thankfully it seemed X'yrin didn't take offence from Alexander's words; whether it was simply due to an understanding nature the female may have possessed or something else the young Rakeeb did not know nor did he care all that much; he was simply grateful that Alexander had yet to cause trouble between himself and the golden female... yet being the key point, for the storm coated leader knew the ghost like Zepar all to well and the longer this meeting went on the higher the chances were that Alex would make yet another inappropriate comment. Stealing a glance at the other he gave a pointed stare and hoped for once the male would behave himself, considering he had practically begged to be allowed to tag along on this meeting it seemed only fair that the Zepar should behave. “Talkative and interesting, huh? Well that's one way to put it” he responded in jest, disturbed by the thought of the woman’s sibling and Alexander together.

A small sound drew the Rakeebs attention away from the moment, his limited sight zoned in on the small owlet once more and he ignored the conversation between the female and Alexander, curiously watching the young owl; such a young and clearly untrained bird it seemed odd that the woman had brought it with her, for he personally left all young crow caged where they couldn't cause members trouble and they remained as such until they were old enough to work the system. If a bird wasn't trained it was useless and yet the woman had the thing with her. A fragment of him picked up on the words being spoken and Alexander's response to them, “No need to be sorry, it is as it is and i'm glad to hear she is well. Although I do like the idea of things happening for a reason” even without looking Rakeeb knew Alex was playing all the cards at his disposal to draw the woman’s attention; family issues, sympathy, that damned innocent smile and relaxed nature. Of course he knew what the other was up to, having witnessed it too many times and he hoped the Zepar would stop his antics sooner rather than later.

With that said it seemed the conversation moved away from the Collins family and to the true purpose of this arrange meeting. Switching his attention away from the bird he smiled slightly at the woman, a false expression that didn't reach his eyes but he knew a smile would work better the remaining expressionless when forming a relationship with another leader. “I'm actually acquainted with a few of you're members, Jace and Temo Wolfe” he responded carefully, “And likewise, Alex was previously a member of Ichika and so I know some of your pack and culture and yet you are right in the fact we do not know enough.. considering the close proximity between our borders” he titled his head a fraction in consideration, awaiting the females response. Beyaz stirred lightly upon his shoulder, fidgeting around so that he grew more comfortable before settling down again.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Quite the opportunity this meeting presented for them, but by the sound of it, it would be more of a learning experience for the newly ascended female. In the pursuit of understanding she tended to find a kind of happiness she rarely achieved while among the Nomads, yet hearing of this past acquaintance with members of her own pack struck her a little oddly and she felt her smile wane just a little.

“Oh…” she uttered quietly. “Not surprising I hadn’t heard that,” she admitted, unconsciously drawing the tiny owl closer to her chest. The owlet again had no idea what was going on. Only that a moment before the strange male was staring at her rather intently and then found herself fragile body pulled into supple twin mounds of flesh and fur. What was she missing now, she hooted questioningly.

“I suppose I am at a loss. I do not know as much as I should about this pack,” she quietly confessed. “I have only my own culture and their ways to cling to, but to my pack family here my ways are as strange to them as these peaceful ways are to me,” despite how one would perceive this as a bitter sweet situation, the woman managed to offer a serene smile as if all was well. “Yet still I embrace it wholeheartedly. But if you have a history with Ichika and its members, I would be grateful to hear it. Perspective from another would be nice where my own interactions fail me. So please-“ With a beaconing paw, the she-wolf encouraged both the Rakeeb and his guest to join her as she took a comfortable seat on the around upon folded knees. The young owl had managed to wiggle herself free of the protective embrace and procured a place on the she-wolf’s shoulder just as she had seen the woman’s larger companion owl do many a time. And just as she had seen the great owl do, she inched closer into the mass of auburn locks and stole a clump of strands to bother with her beat.

“-tell me what you know of Ichika and its members,” she continued without so much as a pause in breath. “What sort of a history do you share?”

378 words.

[/html]
[html]
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Word Count :: 519Geh, major fail post

Listening to the she-wolfs words it seemed as if there was a significant lack of communication between pack and leaders within Ichika no Ho-en or maybe the female was simply being humble regarding the knowledge of her own pack. As the gold woman elaborated upon her previous words he considered them and his own position within his own pack; Anathema had been the first pack he had truly dedicated himself to, the first which he felt he belonged to and the first he was privileged to lead; despite the ever changing members of Anathema he had always believed he knew to some level what was going on within the lands and was confident he had a good understanding on what the band of misfits stood for and the culture tied to the pack. To him it had always been simple because from the start he had fitted in almost naturally as if there was no other pack he should belong to. Although his promotion to Rakeeb hadn't been taken well by all and some still conveniently forgot his rank, for the most part the pack had accepted and respected him as their Rakeeb and he was glad for that.

Hearing the females words it became apparent that X'yrin was a new leader of the neighbouring pack and still adjusting to the sickening peaceful life that they all seemed to embrace. Following the female's leader he seated himself down on the ground, Alex seating himself beside him in a casual sprawled out manner, upon Alex's head Chiya stirred and lifted her wings, relocating to one of the near by tree branches whilst Beyaz seemed content to stay beside the storm coloured male. “I encountered Jace and Temo before they joined Pheonix Valley and I was the one who educated Jace in various... self defence matters” he chose not to mention the specifics of what he had taught Jace, knowing that others wouldn't be pleased he'd taught her poisons and sparred with her. “From them i've heard their opinions of your pack, although that's just one view. Aside from that what I know is from rumours and I believe little of it for I have yet to ascertain it as truth. Sadly my knowledge is rather limited outside of knowing you strive peace, that is correct, yes?” he spoke equally carefully, not really sure how to answer the woman's question. Turning his head he looked over to see if Alex had anything to add.

“I was previously a member of Dahlia de Mai and chose to follow Nayru to Ichicka for she gave me a chance to prove myself within a pack. Although it didn't last long i'm afraid, I find I grew bored of the peaceful lifestyle many appear to lead.” which was truth, for the pale Zepar thrived in unpredictable situations, loved gambling, poking fun at others and generally being an infuriating nuisance towards others; although he had managed to give up drinking and taking drugs in excessive amounts. Within Ichika he had felt like he was the odd one out and so he'd left, it was that simple.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The expectations for what she would learn were unknown to her until the Rakeeb began to speak of Jace and Temo. Perhaps the most distant pair to her in Ichika, she hadn’t asked them too much about their lives before they settled on these lands or what their pack life was like in Phoenix Valley. She had known that Ichika was comprise to the remnant of two packs but that was as far as her knowledge went. Perhaps if she inquired what she learned might be integrated into how this pack was run. Yet, it required speaking to them first and foremost…

X’yrin listened on silently with ears turned forward and eyes alight with intrigued holding onto every word as though her ears would soon deafen and she would never hear another voice again. If these be her last audible graces, she wanted to make sure they were counted and held precedence above all else. An ear did perk with interest when he implied the opinions of the mated pair but did not share them perhaps out of discretion. Despite her curiosity, she listened on and turned her gaze to the paler of the two when he began recounting his own experiences of Ichika.

A migrant from de Mai brought in to endure the peaceful ways when it was clear by his tone it was not favorable to his personality. Hearing this did not settle her as well as she had hoped. In truth, she found herself disturbed by this truth and inadvertently placed herself in his position. The peaceful ways of the lands at her back still took a great deal of getting used to but in her heart she at times felt the losing battle. The air of relaxation had been disturbing even when she first stepped onto the lands. She had grown restless, stricken with wanderlust in the hopes perusing the grounds neighboring the lands would give her some sense of excitement. “…you grew bored.” She voiced her thought in a weighted whisper. “Well I suppose the pack’s ways tend to lack stimulation at times…”

348 words.

[/html]