We live in a bubble baby
[html]

Set in Ethereal Eclipse. Smile

It was nice to see the sun again. The last few days had brought nothing but cloudy skies and pessimism, but today was different. Birds were chirping gleefully and the air smelled fresh; an intoxicating atmosphere to say the least. Alexey too, was in a good mood. It was a shame that she had to hide it from the rest of the world. Even though it was a beautiful day, it did not change the fact that smelly coyotes and scary shape shifters were roaming about. Sure, she had met a rather nice luperci from that Dahlia pack, but Alexey assumed she'd only gotten lucky thus far. Luperci were evil, and one of them had tried to hurt her littermate. They were bastards, period.

The Koios female remained hidden in the thick forest, attempting to avoid any undesirable encounters. For once, she was all alone. Adelaida had taken off early that morning, and Pickles had decided to take advantage of such nice weather to do... whatever it is rodents do. She couldn't help but worry about her chinchilla companion, hoping he hadn't fallen prey to a larger predator. Rabbit-sized rodents normally didn't last long on their own in such a large canine world. Thankfully, he was a smart little thing.

Truth was, the two-year-old was bored out of her mind. She had spent the last fifteen minutes standing in a rocky stream, vainly trying to step on the small fish swimming down below. She had no intention of catching any and she definitely wasn't hungry, but it gave her something to do.
[/html]
-500+-
[html]

When it came to the ever changing weather, Haku was much like his mother. He preferred the darker, wetter mood of the sky. Rain, wind, thunder and lightning. Maybe because it somehow matched the chaos inside of him when the weather was on its worst. Maybe, who knew? Today, however, the sun had decided to come out despite of the hiss that had left him when the first rays of sun hit the mountain tops. He had gone from the Halfling form he had used when he and the fresh pack member Kol had been inspecting the outskirts of the Inferni lands. Now he was in his full luperci form, walking contently through the thick forest. They were expanding. The pack was growing, and he had, without Cer’s knowledge, decided to draw new borderlines, taking in more lands for the pack to stomp to death. He was also thinking of how to improve the border defense. At least they faced the salty sea, and there were several high points in the pack land where one could easily keep control of the water surface in case some hostile coyotes made some improvised moves by attempting to use the sea for a surprise party.

Movement. A ball-shaped critter with a furry tail flashed behind the plant life in front of him. The Dahlia leader stopped momentarily before slowly following the little animal. It moved away, good critter, but it did not seem to understand the situation fully by the way it behaved. As said, it moved away, but not with the proper lightning speed a prey should have if it spotted a predator. Haku was in a somewhat good mood, so he could might as well scare it slightly before ending its life. He was full of himself, fully convinces the animal would be easy to catch whenever he decided to properly lash out for it. He knew how to pick up an amazing speed, and he knew how to climb. He was his mother’s son, though in truth a male. Built for speed and sharp reflexes, but he did not lack muscles. Far from it. He was a perfect brand, as he himself would put it. He picked up the pace, and the animal seemed to become more and more aware of what kind of creature was following behind. Sharp teeth, deadly eyes in a surprisingly pretty hue of blue.

Death with good looks intact. The strange animal moved faster, and he followed, crunching slightly down towards the ground to avoid a branch every now and then, and everything else that was in his way, though, without losing his speed. He had never seen such a strange animal, and was looking forward to see if the taste would attempt to seduce his tongue. If he had not already started the chase, he would have changed his mind and taken the hybrid form between werewolf and plain wolf for the extra speed and four legs, but this was all right too, though it was not the form he usually hunted with.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Alexey's ears perked up instantly as strange new sounds echoed throughout the dense vegetation. It sounded like something was coming her way, and she did not know whether it was friend or foe. Leaves were being moved around and twigs were crackling under heavy weight, an eerie duet that only confirmed her worries thus far. Someone was coming. Being the nervous wolfess that she normally was, that alone was enough to drive her out of the stream and onto dry land. Shaking her pelt dry, although it hadn't really gotten wet in the first place, Alexey then proceeded to leave the little clearing amidst the tall trees. Staying there would've only made it easier for an enemy to find her, she knew that much. The two-year-old could only hope that she would go unnoticed in the thick forest. But then a thought suddenly hit her, what if the so-called enemy was only Adelaida? Dammit. She had to find out who it was.

"Ade?" she murmured, as she poked her head through a nearby brush to evaluate her surroundings. Coast was clear, but the noise was getting louder. Swallowing hard, Alexey moved forward. A heavy mist surrounded her paws, making the ground almost invisible below. It was almost as if she was standing on stormy clouds. For a moment, she silently cursed herself for picking such a place on such a beautiful day. Pines and other big trees prevented sunlight from reaching down and illuminating her path. It was then that the little she-wolf realized she had made a bad decision. Smart thing to do would have been to stay in the clearing. Basically, she was in deep shit now. Strange sounds were surrounding her, and Lexey couldn't quite make out where the heck they were coming from. It seemed the place was shrinking with every passing second. She was mentally suffocating.

It was then that something came out from the brouillard. The Kiois femme caught her breath and stopped moving, attempting to differentiate the silhouette; it was short and fluffy, definitely nothing to worry about. And it was already out of sight! Alexey exhaled noisily, as if she was breathing out the accumulated stress, before turning back in the direction where she had originally come from. What came next, she definitely had not seen coming. She bumped head-on into one of them, a scary-looking male standing over six feet tall. Alexey couldn't help but let out an alarmed yelp, suddenly frozen in fear. "Oh god! I'm... so so sorry!" She blurted out apologies one after the other, it was the only thing she could think of.
[/html]
Meh, I am so sorry Sad I should of course have gone to this thread first when I started posting again. (beats self with a stick)
[html]

Whuups, he had not expected someone to be there. None of them had seen it coming, apparently, or else it would of course not have happened. He had held a relatively high speed, so the crash was not as .. soft as he would have preferred. He did not instantly see how it went with the being he had collided with, but he himself halfway tripped over her before he rolled away in a clean reflex, crashing into a tree with his back. He heard the frozen yelp from the.. ah, female, and replied with a groan while he let a hand stroke his back. Words entered his ears too quickly, and he simply sat up and let his surprised gaze check out the wolfess. Plain form, nothing special there.

When he had seen enough of her, he let his gaze drift toward the direction where the furry little dinner had gone. Lucky bugger. He lifted his eyebrows and sighed, closing his brilliant blue orbs for a few seconds before returning focus back to the lady. Shit happens, I suppose. In fact it was his fault, not hers. I was the one that ran into you. I apologize. He let another sigh escape his lips and continued to stroke the spot on his back that ached most.

[/html]
[html]

No worries honey. Did you get a reply from one of those schools in the UK?

Alexey had her wussy reflexes to thank for her safety. Upon seeing the shifter, she had ducked her head low and braced herself for the impact, more than likely tripping him at the same time. She was dizzy, but that was as bad as it got. He had obviously gotten the bad end of the deal. Shaking her head vigorously as if to clear her mind, the little wolfess shakily made her way toward the male. Atleast he was sitting up, which meant he wasn't hurt too badly. "Shit, it's all my fault. I'm sorry." Her voice was filled with culpability, and she couldn't help but inquire further about his well-being.

"Are you hurt? Let me see." She met the male's striking blue orbs with an apologetic gaze, flat out begging him to let her take a look at his back. Alexey nudged his side with the tip of her nose, as if to say 'turn around'. He didn't really have a choice anyway. If he didn't do as she asked, there would be dire consequences. She would have no problem following him around until he complied to her wishes, and having an obnoxious female tailing his ass day and night probably wasn't his idea of fun.
[/html]
Average waiting time is 1-3 weeks. Tsk (clearly not patient at all)
[html]

It was not her fault. It was that simple. Still she seemed to insist it was her fault nonetheless. The brute killed the incoming smile that quickly had threatened with making an appearance on his features. He simply shook his head slowly at her words. The cold nose of the female poked his side gently to underline her words. He gave a laughing sigh and only halfway obeyed her command. The male slightly turned his back towards her, and a dull pain danced along his spine, teasing him. He doubted there would be any blood. His back had merely taken a little bash, that was all, really.

Do not worry little lady. For once he seemed to be merry instead of simply irritated because another being had disturbed him in whatever he had been doing. He supposed he did not mind the attention given to him. Nothing there, am I right? Haku arched his back slightly and slowly turned halfway towards her again. This was a bit silly, really.

[/html]
[html]

A relieved sigh escaped her maw as she examined the sour spot on his back. There was nothing there, just like he had predicted. "You're right", she said meekly. It struck her as odd to know that this luperci hadn't really scared her to start off with. This was her first time completely overlooking someone's ability to shift, and she liked it. A few days earlier, Alexey probably would've died from a heart attack upon running into the large male. But not today. She was finally starting to realize that shifters weren't all that bad. Maybe it was all thanks to Kol and Desaevio.

She had previously been too caught up with the collision to notice that the blue-eyed male smelled just like her two friends, but once she did, her face immediately lit up. "Are you from Dahlia de mai, too?" Her tone of voice held a hint of wonder. Lexey wanted to ask a whole bunch of other questions, but she controlled herself for the time being. The two-year-old sat herself on her haunches, impatiently waiting for a reply from her new acquaintance.

[/html]
[html]

She agreed, and he was content. It was nothing to worry about. There was pain, but it was destined to fade away into a blurry memory, then turn into nothing, which is what it was from the start. Nothing to worry about. Hah. Her question came and he perked his ears while nodding, confirming the fact that yes, he was from Dahlia de Mai. He despised that pack name. Sounded oh so floral and go, go flower power. The name was a set up, a lie, the pack was nothing like a tranquil and beautiful flower. Thanks to him.

I am part of that cute little gang, yes. He liked her. I am Haku, a pleasure to .. Heh, meet you, little lady. His words were sincere, even though their first introduction had been kind of.. Harsh.

[/html]
[html]

Suddenly, she saw him in a whole different light. This male could be her savior if he wanted to be. He could be her guidance, the golden road that would lead her to a better life. In exchange, she was more than willing to offer him her undying loyalty. He called himself Haku, and that name would forever be engraved in her memory. "Pleasure is mine, Haku. My name's Alexey." She then smiled, almost coyly, before putting her fate in the palm of his hands and giving him complete control over her destiny. "May I follow you home?"

Almost immediately, Lexey regretted the way she had formulated her request. Instead of opting for the normal "May I join?", she had taken the most embarrassing route. What if he thought she wanted something else? The Koios femme attempted to rectify her mistake the best she could, stuttering a little along the way. "I mean, do you think I could join that cute little gang of yours? I know Kol and Desaevio." She felt the need to offer him references, as if it would have an impact on his final decision.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey then. Haku always seemed to have a thing for female names. The usual feminine elegance that even existed in their spoken names. The plain female’s name was no different it proved, and he flickered his ears gently to let her own spoken name caress them softly before the silence at it and the moment was gone. Pleasure was all hers, she said, but he was not so sure about that if he just left out the aching back. Which he did. Her first question made him let a somewhat stupid expression enter his face. She reminded him for a moment of a pet. A pet the little child brought with home, wailing at its mother that it followed him and that it wanted to keep it. Also, there were many ways that sentence could be taken, and Haku was wonderful at that.

However, as she corrected herself she also revealed that she already knew some of the Dahlia de Mai members. He just cocked his head slightly and kept up the same friendly smile. Dahlia de Mai? Well, our borders are open and fresh meat is always welcome. His smile converted to a grin, yet not a unpleasant one. I sure would not mind at least, as the first impression of you truly was somewhat a blast. You sure this is something you want, though? He let his words die before he started to morph back to his own plain wolf form. His back soundlessly whined, but he let it go unnoticed. It did not take long, as he had spent years to improve his shifting speed.

[/html]
[html]

Her level of stress went through the roof as a dumbfounded expression appeared on the blue-eyed male's face. Unable to forgive herself for giving him a chance to misunderstand her intentions, she bit her tongue. She really needed to start paying attention to what she was saying. Thankfully, the friendly smile never left his face. Alexey liked him already. There was something about his whole demeanor that simply made her feel secure, and she hadn't felt that way since her father had passed away.

She offered a sheepish grin of her own as he described his first impression of her. It had been a blast? Hopefully he meant that in a good way. Nodding energically as to provide an answer to his question, she followed with convincing words: ""Yes. I'm posi-" she halted mid-sentence, suddenly hypnotized by the spectacle taking place before her. Lexey had never seen anyone go from shifted to plain form, and vice versa. She couldn't help but stare at him, wide-eyed and obviously fascinated. ""-tive..."

Her words trailed off as she devoted her full attention to the changes happening to his body.

[/html]