suppose i never met you
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
(AW, except Gabriel. Gabriel is NOT WELCOMED. D8)

sharksEven from a distance, he didn't like the way things smelled.

sharksMaybe it was just his imagination, but there seemed to be an overbearing unpleasantness hanging in the air. Old blood, old hatred, old prejudices, old conflict, old fights. He didn't know how he had missed it before, but those sorts of sentiments had always been there. Even as a child, no one around him had seemed particularly happy or at peace. Maybe it was why his mother and sister had left. But maybe they had been the root of the problem that had only been perpetuated by his brother. Part of him wished he had never come to notice these things, but he couldn't really imagine any more what it might have been like if he hadn't seen what he'd saw that night. It was so strange that it had only been a few months ago. Everything he'd ever known had gone up in flames, but that didn't compare to the trust that had been burnt up also. Maybe it had been his rite to passage. His birthday was in a few short weeks; he wasn't a child anymore.

sharksArkham stopped as soon as saw the skulls dotting the border. It was almost nostalgic in a disgusting sort of way. Gabriel's scent was as strong as ever, and he faced the territory with an empty expression -- most of his face was covered with sand-colored scarf anyway. The cloth was wrapped around his muzzle and the top of his head, allowing just enough opening for his red eyes to peek through and for his very large ears to stand upright unhindered; a similarly colored cloak was draped across his back. Peppermint and spearmint leaves hung, tied in clusters, from around his neck, half hidden by the scarf. Their collective scents overpowered the coyote's own personal scent, and thus, his identity was effectively hidden. He wasn't sure how necessary the measures were, but he liked the smell of mint, in any case. It helped fight away the unpleasantries associated with where he was now.

sharksUnshifted, he sat back on his haunches and stared down the nearest skull. It was still early in the morning, and there was nothing to do but wait. He was afraid if he called, someone would recognize his voice. He had grown older, but howls changed much less than a spoken voice.

[/html]
[html]

Lawl lawl hai. *not Gabriel* Could this be set before the Gabriel-Talitha and Haku-Talitha threads, so it makes sense?

now I'm here to stay / love can be so boring / what was it you wanted / could it be I'm haunted?

Talitha's feet found themselves growing more accustomed to the sand, readjusting their weight shifts and the way she spread her toes (in all forms), with every day. She also found that she much preferred her Lupine form, finding the Secui and Optime forms to be almost a little awkward. She didn't like being a hulking mass of child, nor did she much like walking on two legs; much too slow for her quick appeal. Eventually she would grow into those forms as well, but for now, she would deceive the world into believing she couldn't shift yet. Five months was rather young for it.

At that exact moment she was flying across the Waste that Inferni owned, not too sure what she was doing or where she was going, until she pretty much ran into a wall of the scent of mint. She skidded to a quick halt then, nostrils flaring in interest and disgust, and immediately the dog-like hybrid's senses went into overdrive; she could hear the scarf in the wind, could smell the two separate types of mint individually, could see him there in the distance, but she could not find a scent of wolf. Cunning as she was, she was well aware of the fact that he was likely trying to remain hidden; that was only further confirmed by the veil of scarf wrapped around his head.

Who are you? she asked upon reaching a point close enough to observe the Lykoi of whom she knew not. Suspicion laced every bit of her tone; he was clearly a coyote, that much she could tell by sight alone, but how much could a random nomad be trusted? Probably about as much as most of the newcomers to the clan who often left. Only those bearing the Lykoi, de le Poer, or Mogotsi name could be trusted. And, of course, Hybrid; he was her uncle of sorts. Having never bothered with learning the true titles of the family tree, she couldn't be totally sure. For the moment, her eyes were captivated by the deep and enchanting red of his, shining behind that screen of fabric that separated him from his features, and removed them from the world altogether.

Even if she'd seen him five thousand times rather than never, it would have been deceiving.

[/html]
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
Hiiii. 8D Whatever timeline works for you, lol. :3

sharksHaving grown up with hordes of older siblings and other distant relatives around him, the coyote had never really been accustomed to being around those younger than himself. He had not personally been present when Faolin gave birth, but certainly he had glimpsed his niece and nephew around the beach. In his youthful apathy, their wild and playful childishness left him rather unsure of what to do, and he had been much more content to sit on the sidelines while someone else played with them. Still, he supposed he had been fond of them; in any case, it had given him some vague sense of pride that he had been an uncle and no longer a member of the youngest litter in Inferni. He was glad to see Talitha then, and it seemed like too short a time ago that he was her age. It was strange how the relative age made him feel so much older than he actually was.

sharksNo one important, Arkham answered simply. It was harder than he thought it would be, lying to his family, but until he found out more, he wasn't quite ready to announce that he was still alive. But you have to call me something, you can call me Kharma. He smiled, though he knew she couldn't see it. Oh, an acronym, had deceptively clever; would its meaning come to fruitation? No one could know. I won't waste your time though. I just want to know if Rachias is still here? And Faolin?

sharksHe knew his sister was alive. No bodies had been among the smoldering cinders of the house and no one had been left on the beach. Inferni had made a clean getaway because they undoubtedly had the first notice. The mint-scented canine just wasn't sure if she was still with their family, or if she had decided to go find their father again. He had more confidence that Faolin was still around, if only because Gabriel's scent was still strong on the borders (after all, who was capable of taking his place? Hybrid? Perish the thought). Though there was something ever ominous about the borders, Arkham could not yet know of any war. He didn't know that no one was really safe here. And he refrained from asking about Andrezej -- his brother had been gone before the fire, and he couldn't imagine any reason for him to come back. If he was alive, then he would be wandering elsewhere. Besides, to ask for two siblings and disclude himself would be far too obvious.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithacontaindefault strong {color:#770000;}
</style>

The mint, now that she was close, was almost overpowering her entire sense of smell. Kharma, she said slowly, repeating the name and catching it within her memory. I don't know if Rachias is here, I just got back, from where she wasn't sure; she wished she could find her aunt. Rachias was always so awesome, so nice. My mom is gone with my brother and Fatin. I ran away from them.

She was naive, it was true, and not necessarily a suspicious sort, but she was curious more than anything. She took a step closer to the mint-reeking coyote and grimaced a little. Why do you want to know? How do you know my mom, and Rachias?

[/html]
[html]

sharksGone? he echoed, somewhat surprised, Where did they go? And why? Though war shouldn't have been a new concept, Arkham had a hard time thinking of any immediate conclusion as to why Gabriel would let his mate and children out of his sight. He knew he trusted Fatin, but still -- what was so wrong here that they had to be sent away? Or had they left for another reason? Something was wrong. He flicked an ear, suddenly somewhat anxious, and took a step back as she took a step forward. Rachias is my friend, he told her, I met her before the fire. Lies, all lies, but they were necessary for the while. The same with Faolin. I just wanted to know if they were all right.

[/html]
.talitha strong {color:#858551;}
</style>
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4513/talwm7.png) #f3f3d8 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:17em; text-align:justify;">

Her mother was not an unruly beast who was unfit for peace, yet she had been sent away for her own safety. Talitha's belief was that one's biggest danger was themselves, and if anything could be worse, it was sending someone away to protect them. Faolin, she knew even though her mother had never showed her anything but the warmest and kindest of her soul, was more than capable of fighting this war, as much as Gabriel was. Talitha, she knew, was not; she was putting the entire clan in danger by not going back to Ezekiel and hiding out there. But even through all the moving, and all the kindness she had been shown — even through everything she had been taught and showed — she was more tainted by the Lykoi name than they knew. But they would never know exactly how that was... And nor would she.

Rachias went back over the mountains to find Arkham's body, she explained in one breath, figuring that if Kharma knew Rachias, he would probably know who Arkham and Andrezej were. Arkham was a soul much like Rachias, unusually kind and warm for the Lykois — and she had been told about Lykois cold and cruel enough to curdle her blood and freeze her heart — but Andrezej was said to be a monster. A coyote banished and forbidden from Inferni, a wanderer who was neither good nor bad, but a monstrosity that could never be fixed. She had been told he was manipulative and vain; but she hadn't been told of his killing desire, of the voices he spoke to in his head that caused his madness to burn brighter, and hadn't been told how much like Kaena he supposedly looked. Supposedly; she had never met the dark furred woman that was her twisted grandmother, ruler of a ruin and riser of the Inferni of old, the tyrant coyotes out to kill.

My mom left 'cause dad made us. Apparently there's some kind of... War... Echoing the word made her flinch a little, but it never touched more than a brief flicker in her eyes, going on.

[/html]
[html]

As a child, Arkham had always known that the Lykoi name held power and influence. It had taken some time for him to realize that not all of its connotations were positive. It had taken his mother's sudden disappearance for him to realize that maybe the madness everyone loved to talk about so much may just be valid. He had seen it in his brothers, all three of them spanning three different leaders. Andrezej, his only full-blooded brother, had tried to kill him -- probably more than once, though it had been difficult to tell when they'd been young. Samael had always been a distant and creepy fellow, and Arkham had never taken to him. And then there was Gabriel. It had felt like some kind of betrayal. The only sign he had had other than his sister that his family wasn't as crazy as everyone else said they were. It still frustrated him thinking about it, but that was what he'd come to find, right? Answers.

He winced at his own name, and he was sure the frown showed in his eyes. It hurt more than he thought it would knowing that his sister was out in the ruins of their home looking for his body -- something that she obviously wouldn't find. He hated to think about all of the needless hurt he was making her go through by still hiding, even now. Oh, was all he could say, softly and a little resigned. Talitha spoke of war, and he felt like he should have known. A war... he echoed. You don't know much about what's going on, huh? He needed to find out more. Though he couldn't trust Gabriel for the while, he still didn't want to think that his brother had been the one to start anything. Perhaps he was still too naive. Do you know where I could find out more?

[/html]
Sorry for the wait on this. Dx[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithatemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:0.8em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
</style>

She moved her four paws individually to bring herself a step closer to the stranger, though her reason was only a childlike quality of curiosity. Obviously, the war made some kind of difference to him, but the assumption that she didn't know anything hurt a little bit. She must have looked like a really stupid little girl. That wasn't the kind of image she was keen on portraying. A thin pout formed on her pretty little lips and her eyes showed her slightly crestfallen disappointment in Kharma. He had been treating her normally until that comment! She refrained from the urge of shouting at him that he didn't know anything, but her tail swayed a little quicker with her dismay; how could he even make that assumption? She lived here!

Apparently my grandmama accidentally caused some wolf to lose her babies, so the leader of the pack came and killed a coyote and her kid, and then dad and uncle Anselm went and killed someone over there, and now it's kind of a stalemate. Otherwise stated, they were awaiting an attack or a chance to strike. She was awaiting a time when she could sneak around and gather information to help her father out. What a hindrance she would become. She wasn't aware of what would happen in the coming days, and for now, the talkative Lykoi was quite happy to hang around Inferni for a short while longer.

But to find out more you would have to talk to their leader and my dad. Gabriel de le Poer, the leader of Inferni. Her helpful offer was given with a winning smile as she awaited approval and dismissal. Obviously she wasn't of much use to Kharma any longer now that she had parted with what information she had, even though she was still a little upset that he had thought she wouldn't know anything.

[/html]
[html]

S'all good. Talitha tells him it was Asphyxia and Arkham will be on his merry way? :3

sharksThe only reason Arkham had assumed his niece would know little of the situation was because she had admitted that she had only recently returned from wherever it was that Gabriel had ordered them to go. Still, it seemed like she had quite a bit to tell and the coyote listened intently. Her...grandmother? ...Kaena? Arkham had long ago accepted that his mother would never return, but it had been Gabriel that had assured him of such, so what if? But he did not know how to confront information like that; she had abandoned them, just like his father had, to some extent. He had not seen her since he was only a few months old and had long learned to function without her. But it did not have to be Kaena. Arkham did not know who Faolin's parents were, did not know whether they were alive or where they had lived, and whether they were here now.

sharksYour grandmother? he echoed curiously, hiding his shock surprisingly well. Whether it had been Kaena or Faolin's mother though, Arkham was not sure how "accidentally" deaths could happen. At the same time, the death of a mother and a living child seemed like far too harsh a punishment for the loss of an unborn litter. Who had it been? Anyone he knew? I'm sure your father's got better things to do than humor the curiosity of a stranger, he said, smiling back at her knowing that she could not see it. Thanks for all your help though.

[/html]
.talithatempakumu strong {color:white;}
</style>
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ttable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Yeah. Grandma Asphyxia. Who else would it be? Her father's mother wasn't even around anymore, but she had heard about Kaena. Inferni's founder was apparently as crazy as every coyote in the world put together and, for that reason, Talitha probably wouldn't have wanted anything to do with the wayward woman. Kharma... That was an odd name, now that she thought about it. Had the same letters as Arkham's did. But Arkham was dead, so she didn't really want to bring that obviously coincidental little fact up. Someone could have come along with the name... Hatilat and it wouldn't have anything to do with her. Someone named Brigael would have no connection to her father. It would be pointless to even say anything about it at all.

Yeah, you're welcome. Dad's normally more than happy to help strangers, but I guess you could always ask Hybrid or Sammy or whoever else too. A rolling shrug was given by the doggish girl and she grinned brightly. Glad I could help. Are you leaving so quickly? 'Cause that's kind of what it sounded like. She wouldn't mind if he stayed or left or did whatever, but it was a little upsetting that he didn't want to stick around at least for the night. She was, perhaps, too hospitable for her own good, but she had got it from her mother and, instead of knowing the difference between unwanted compassion and a helping hand, she was simply nice to everybody who was nice to her.

[/html]
[html]

sharksRight. Not Kaena after all, though once again Arkham wasn't really sure what he felt about that. Relief? Disappointment? The reaffirmation that she was still gone seemed to say that Gabriel had been right all along though. Or it was a coincidence. He noted that both Hybrid and Samael were still around -- certainly good people for war, but not for keeping peace. The coyote shrugged as well, It's all right. I think I'm going to scout around the area and see what else is going on around here too. He laughed a little; Talitha's attitude was incredibly endearing, but the uncle could not help but feel it would get her in trouble, especially in these troubling times. If he had been anyone else, if he had less innocent intentions, the girl's kindness would have very easily been turned against her.

sharksI will probably be back sometime, he added decidedly, You take care of yourself, kid. Sounds things aren't that safe around here if children are being killed. With that, Arkham turned, cloak billowing slightly as he did so. Thanks again, and then he headed back towards the forests.

[/html]