sunlight.
[html]

Emmanuelle Brenna

Word Count - 547 :: anyone can join! emma is just being a tard. also, she is in her lupus form.<

The new day was beautiful, sunny, crisp.. Just plain wonderful in the eyes of the youth that had a new lease on life. You wouldn't think something so simple as being accepted into your first pack would have this much effect on someone, but now she had her very own family! Sunlight beat on her back as she skipped over the frozen grasses with much enthusiasm, head turning every which way looking at absolutely everything. Her mis-matched eyes were joyful, absorbing every color, every little detail of her new home. She didn't want to miss or overlook any of it. Her ebony-colored nose dipped closer to the ground as she inhaled deeply, closing her eyes briefly to register all the scents. Most of the scent trails were a few days old, but almost all of them had a strong tinge of coyote within them. She felt perfectly at home here, despite only knowing one clan member, Vesper.

In their short meeting she felt an attachment to the smaller hybrid, and a great respect. Nobody had shown her that much kindness to her in months, as small as the gestures may have been. She left the other only a few hours before hand and since then had spent every moment of her time drinking up all the information she could sniff or see out. As she delved deeper into the territory the scents became more prominent and fresh, and she increased her pace until she was racing through the brittle grass, snapping twigs and the like in her enthusiasm. She was so used to keeping herself on the down low, never being seen, never being heard that it was nice to.. let loose. The youth panted heavily, choosing no particular direction until she spotted something of a good size in the approaching distance. She squinted, trying to identify the object growing closer..

It turned out to be a large rock! Emmanuelle made a split second decision, heading for the big rock. The shape was pretty flat, perfect for running up one of the sides and jumping off! She slowed down as she neared the rock, looking for things to jump off into. Her head swung from side to side as she panted, and she spied quite a big snow pile. Prancing up to it, she pawed at it to test for softness and sniffed it. Shrugging to herself, she figured it was safe enough, it felt soft. She loped off a distance before turning to face it and backing up a few feet, finally coming to a stop at a distance she deemed to be good enough. Dropping down into a play bow, she wiggled her butt a little before she shot off, her back paws gripping at the frozen earth for a good push off.

Her creamy paws seemed to barely touch the earth and she ran, pushing herself to top speed before scattering up the side of the rock and pushing herself off, sailing through the air. She tucked her head in and began a forward roll in the air, hitting the snow pile at just the right angle and landing safely. A cloud of snow poofed up as her body made contact, and her clear blue-bell giggles of delight were all that echoed through the area.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Emma01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2f2ec; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Emma01 .ooc {padding:0px 0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.character-Emma01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Emma01 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#9dadaf; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Epzks.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 380px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#545d5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-Emma01 .Name {font-family:'Reenie Beanie'; font-size:60px; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]
Form
Optime

Myrika is by Bobbi!

Winter had been mild thus far. Last year, as Myrika had lurked on the outskirts of these lands, there had been a great snowstorm, blowing in snowdrifts of mountainous size. This winter, no huge clouds had dumped piles upon piles of snow. Inferni's plains were nonetheless covered with patchy snow and frost, and the russet-tinged coyote heard it crunch beneath her feet, her thoughts focused on her newer horse.

The big horse Cahal's gait was less comfortable and more bouncy than Eira's, as her blue roan was built to carry a rider with her ambling, comfortable pace, but Cahal's speed exceeded the little roan's by far, Myrika had noted. When they played within the village horse corral, the littler roan was liable to evade him with her faster turns, but he always caught her on the straightaways. Myrika had yet to push him to full gallop, herself, and she wondered just how fast the horse was.

The tawny-hued woman meandered across the marshes, headed toward the D'Neville or the caves -- she hadn't quite decided yet. Myrika was some distance away from the stranger when she saw her, tawny and reddish with darker ashen hints, having the faint shape of a coyote. She slowed and watched the figure launch herself from a rock, landing in a pile of snow. Myrika grinned broadly and laughed aloud, perhaps loud enough for the other woman to hear, and started moving toward her, not yet shouting a greeting -- she'd come closer first.

<style>
#myrikaBobbi {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaBobbi b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaBobbi u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaBobbi b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Emmanuelle Brenna

Word Count - 347 :: sorry about the wait! friend was in town, etc. Smile<

Emmanuelle just stayed where she was for a few moments, shutting her eyes and enjoying the sense of peace that she had, she didn't have to worry about things slinking up behind her and trying to injure her, nothing like that. It was perfect, just peaceful, quiet and safe. Her russet-hued ears perked to the faint sound of something moving over the landscape, it sounded heavy and it was coming in her direction. Audible laughter came from the same direction, probably the same source as well and she figured she might as well get up to investigate. Rolling onto her side she scrambled to her feet as her tail swayed lightly from side to side behind her, looking in the direction of the approaching sound. Her tongue lolling out of her mouth as she looked on, the younger female spotted an approaching fellow clan member!

The female coming toward her was in her Luperci form riding a horse. That was interesting! She hadn't seen a lot of Luperci in her travels that hadn't been extremely territorial so she had only seen another riding a horse one time, and unfortunately they had been chasing her out of claimed territory. Emmanuelle figured out of respect that she should probably phase, so while the horse was a fair distance away as to not startle the poor thing, she steadied herself and shut her eyes, calming her system before the change began. Her stature became taller, limbs stretched out and fur grew longer until she was in Luperci form, the only radical change being her long blonde hair that hung to her waist in beautiful ringlets.

A canine grin swept across her face as the other female drew closer, and she walked forward slowly to meet the other. Still about a meter or so away from the pair, she looked on with a pleased expression on her face. " Hello! " She exclaimed enthusiastically, " I'm Emmanuelle Brenna, it is a pleasure to meet you! How are you doing on this gorgeous day? " The younger woman continued, her tail swaying side to side lightly.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Emma01 .ooc {padding:0px 0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.character-Emma01 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#9dadaf; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Epzks.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 380px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#545d5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-Emma01 .Name {font-family:'Reenie Beanie'; font-size:60px; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

(321)

Myrika is by me!

Cahal, calm as he seemed, was still a new animal, and Myrika did not know him nearly as well as she knew the blue roan. She had been riding Eira for years, while Cahal had been hers only a brief few weeks. The bay horse was pretty, certainly, but Myrika had chosen him for his temperament rather than his appearance or size. The equine might someday make a good stud, but it would be long months before Eira was ready to carry a foal again. Already, she was growing slightly rounder with signs of pregnancy, though it was still some months until she grew truly heavy.

The stranger, seeming to notice Myrika and her horse, stood and began shifting. Myri watched with polite curiosity as the mottle coyote's form twisted and reformed, becoming two-legged before her very eyes. The mahogany-haired woman grinned and moved her horse slowly forward, dismounting entirely as she drew close to the stranger, leading Cahal by his leather reins. The woman spoke, introducing herself brightly, the excitement apparent in her voice. The tawny coyote returned the stranger's smile with a grin of her own, inclining her head downward in greeting.

Hi! I'm Myrika Tears, Inferni's Praetorian, she said. Her rank was included only because Myrika forced herself to do so -- how was she ever supposed to become comfortable in her role if she did not exercise it on occasion? Great to meet you, and I'm fine, thanks to such a pretty day. This winter has been a calm one so far. You're new, right? How are you liking Inferni? The coyote was adamantine in courtesy, as always, though she was genuinely interested in her new clanmate. The rust-tinged Praetorian was always glad to meet someone -- especially someone not her cousin, though she would have given the same sunny greeting if Emmanuelle had given Lykoi as her surname.

<style>
#myrikaPoseSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#myrikaPoseSie p {
}
#myrikaPoseSie p.sieImage {
}
#myrikaPoseSie .txtooc {
#myrikaPoseSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaPoseSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myrikaPoseSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaPoseSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaPoseSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaPoseSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Emmanuelle Brenna

Word Count - 282 :: merp. <

As the other woman slid off of her horse, Emmanuelle watched with bright, curious eyes. She was interested in the animal the other rode in on, it was probably very handy and convenient when she had to get to far away places. Her attention was drawn the other female as she spoke, paying apt attention. Grinning as she finished, she answered. " I am new to Inferni, and so far it is good. I've only met one other member though, Vesper. I wish to meet more. " She finished with a grin, that was her alright, social butterfly. Emmanuelle flourished in social situations, every friendly and always caring. Those long months spent on her own had her accustomed to loneliness however, and it was nice to at least have the option to be around others.

" There is much to explore, yes? This looks and smells like a big territory. There is so much I have to do and learn, it's a bit daunting. The only other pack I have been in was a family pack, and since I have been traveling the only skills I know and love are hunting and fishing, especially ice fishing. " She said, bringing her hand up to stroke her chin, eyes pointed off to the side as she was thinking. Emma had only come to the clan lands with a few belongings, which she had stashed in the snow nearby. She wasn't at all sure where to get things and how to obtain them. It was her first thought that she would have to make them, but then again she only knew how to hunt and fish.

It would be interesting to have to find all these teachers needed.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

(316)
Em can decline and ask after Myri's leatherwork instead, as we discussed in chat? :3 I thought mentioning the lake in passing might give you something to thread about later, though.

Myrika knew the feeling of newness well. Though she had been a member of the clan since late summer, that feeling had yet to fade for her. She still felt very much an outsider, though it was not due to the lack of efforts of her clanmates. She had a number of friends within Inferni, and enough family to sate her for a lifetime. Yet she still felt excluded to some degree, though the rusty-hued woman could not begin to say what that was.

Vesper's great. She's shown herself to be a good leader so far, the coyote said, smiling without any hint of dreaminess to her face. The tawny-hued canine might stumble over her words around someone she was attracted to, but she was not a head-in-the-clouds romantic, and she was quite capable of controlling herself -- or, at least, she told herself that. The territory is large, yes, she responded, though her face shifted to one of faint concern. Don't be too overwhelmed. There's time enough to learn everything, she promised.

It's good to hear your skills, though. I'm a scout, essentially, but it's only for the horses, I think. A rider makes a good scout by default. I really like to take care of animals, though, and I can do some leatherwork. Maybe I can show you around the territory some -- there's a lake you might like, she suggested, smiling and thinking of Folly Lake. It was more of a pond, really, but it was clear and the water supported fish. By now, it was sure to be frozen solid, and Emmanuelle's ice-fishing skills might come in handy. Myri was not particularly hungry, and she was rather enjoying this bandy of words with the new member, but she was prepared to engage whatever activity her partner chose, as well.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#myriNat p {
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Emmanuelle Brenna

Word Count - 339 :: Tongue

She listened to what Myrika had to say, genuine interest painted all over her mottled face. Her tail began to sway back and forth as Myrika talked about her skills, leather work particular struck Emmanuelles interest. That was just one of the skills that she needed to learn, and if Myrika was willing to teach, well the female coywolf would just be laughing wouldn't she! Pleased with making this womans acquaintance she let a toothy grin settle on her muzzle, also pleased with the mention of the lake. This time of year it was likely to be frozen and perfect for ice fishing! She wasn't at all too sure how the woman fared with the patience required to ice fish, sometimes Emmanuelle was stuck waiting for hours until the right opportunity came but given her scouting and animal skills, she bet her left toe that she had patience for those things.

Maybe Myri would even want to be taught how to ice fish if she didn't already know! Wow! The possibility of teaching someone something, especially since the other female was older and more seasoned then her made Emmanuelle excited, this day was just panning out perfectly so quickly! " That lake sounds wonderful, but maybe that is an activity for later that we can bank on. If you wouldn't mind, would you be able to teach me some of what you know with leather working? That was one of the things I was planning to find a teacher for. " She questioned politely, her voice soft and friendly, though there were undercurrents of youthful excitement.

" If you were willing to show me some of what you do, maybe I could teach you how to ice fish? I mean, if you don't already know. " She said shyly, clasping her furred hands behind her back and dropping her gaze to the ground while she dragged her foot along to create a line in the frozen dirt. Emmanuelle was afraid of offending her new clan member, especially one that was actually being nice to her.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

(407)

The Tirones seemed pleased with all Myrika spoke, and her sunny demeanor served to brighten the mahogany-haired woman's mood -- not that it had been particularly blue to begin with, but for once, the Praetorian did not appear conscious of the difference in height between herself and the other woman. On the contrary, the rust-tinged woman was not hunkering or trying to make herself feel small, as was her usual custom. She was utterly put at ease by Emanuelle's brightness and friendliness, and had forgotten herself entirely, however momentary her forgetfulness was.

Myri was pleasantly surprised with the proposed alternative and enamored by the shy politeness with which Emmanuelle inquired -- Myrika herself had taken an interest in these crafts rather unexpectedly, and few in Inferni (or elsewhere) seemed interested in the process, though most were quite glad to receive the end products of her labor. The lanky coyote didn't mind this, of course -- it was good to have a skill few others possessed -- but she thought it might help if she taught someone, as Thamur had educated her in these crafts. She might perfect her own techniques, and surely even a teacher learned from a student every now and again.

Sure -- that sounds brilliant, actually. I live back out in the Great Village, in the schoolhouse -- do you want to head back that way? I'll show you my workshop and the projects I'm working on now. Some other day, I'll come asking after ice fishing, the rust-haired woman said, excited to show someone her shop. Even her housemate, Kaena, hadn't taken any interest in the shop whatsoever, which Myri found rather disheartening. After all, her own grandmother should be more encouraging -- then again, the old woman was from a different era, where Luperci didn't learn to read or sew or cure leather -- or even ice fish, maybe.

Myrika's gaze swung back toward the flexuous bay stallion, and her ears flicked backward, considering a moment. I think it'd be best if we walked back. I'd let you ride, if you wanted, but I only just got Cahal, and I don't know how he'd fare, she said, her tone one of apology. If it was Eira out here, she would have let Em ride, certainly, but she didn't think it was such a good idea with a relatively untested horse such as Cahal.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: don't mind her.. just starting to figure out she likes girls. Tongue

Word Count → 556

After she had finished speaking and was waiting on the others reply, Emmanuelle took the time to look around. The sun had risen high into the sky, warming her back pleasantly. Although there was a chill in the air, it did not really carry an effect due to the coywolfs inherited thick fur. A few leaves that had managed to stick on their branches all winter slowly drifted to the ground as a light breeze flitted through the barren forests surrounding the two females, a quite whistle audible - just barely to the young female. It was a beautiful day, one that she was pleased that she arrived on. What good fortune the youth carried, being in the company of someone just as pleasant as herself. Emmanuelle let her eyes settle on the beautiful form in front of her, looking her up and down subtly.

She really was beautiful, and tall too. Emma wasn't really one to judge on appearances, generally only taking the good away from someone. Dyeing her hair, she sighed. Myrikas hair was a gorgeous mix between sienna and other red shades, hanging just past her shoulders. Brushing a lock of her own light blonde hair out of her face, she clasped her hands together. Her hair was alright, it was a nice shade of gold, highlighted by platinum and ash blondes near the top thinly, those streaks growing fatter and more blended towards the bottom. Unfortunately, she didn't have a comb carved out just yet so it was somewhat tangled, curly and hanging to her waist in imperfect ringlets, Emma wasn't usually in Optime form so this saved her some of the upkeep that her hair so desperately needed.

What really stunned Emma about Myrikas appearance were her perfectly turquoise eyes. She swiped a hand over her own for a moment, moving hair out of the way lightly. In her home pack she had been teased about her mismatched eyes, frequently being called a freak so now it was natural that she was self-conscious about them. However, you could not go through life hiding your eyes so she would have to get over it some point in time. The attractive females voice pulled Emma from her thoughts, and she refocused with a bright smile, pretending she hadn't been lost in the others looks. Pleased with what Myri said, Ems nodded her head enthusiastically and stepped forward lightly. " Perfect! " She exclaimed happily, clasping her hands together in front of her own filled out chest. " I can't wait to see everything, you must be quite skilled to have your own workshop! " Gushing now, the female noticed her over-enthusiasm and heat rose to her cheeks, thankfully hidden by the mottled fur that covered her body.

As an apologetic mention of not being able to riding the horse rose, Emma recoiled in comical horror, her ears pressed back and her eyes wide. " As much as horses interest me, I've never ridden one.. " She admitted shamefully, was riding horses a staple in Nova Scotia? " Actually, this is the first horse I've seen with a rider that wasn't intent on chasing me. " Barking out a laugh, she strode up beside Myrika, although on the opposite side of the horse. No use spooking the animal, judging from it's size she figured she wouldn't want to be caught in some sort of crazy stampede after all!

i've been trapped inside your heart shaped box for weeks.

Image courtesy of d o l f i@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:Throw My Hands Up In The Air, serif; color:#dcd5d2; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:regular; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template b {color:#343c36; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#dcd5d2; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/2ntib5w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(322)
No problem! Myrika will be adorably oblivious and awkwardsauce. 8D Sorry for delay, also. ;_;

Myrika is by Raze!

The reddish-hued woman, while well-educated in book-reading and other sorts of skills, was sometimes terribly oblivious to the motivations of others. Social skills came hard for Myrika, and while she was quite deft and capable where it came to some subjects -- earnest debate, for example, or learning history and discussing the past, for another example -- there were other areas where she was woefully undertrained. It was for this reason she misconstrued the silver-pelted woman's sidelong glances and appreciative looks for genuine friendliness.

It was Emmanuelle's ebullient personality which drew Myrika's admiration, and she found herself grinning as the Tirones smiled her own broad smile, speaking in excitement about Myrika's skill, praising her for works she hadn't even seen yet. The tawny coyote's ears went half-mast with the compliment and she lowered her muzzle, though the smile across it relayed the rust-tinged Praetorian's contentment with the compliment. They perked back up quickly enough as the woman mentioned riders chasing her, and even as they began walking in the general direction of the village, Cahal behind and to the opposite side as Emma, the coyote's gaze was drawn to the other woman, questioning.

Chasing you? Why? she asked, her voice fraught with concern. She didn't worry for Inferni, so much -- they had plenty of capable defenders, her many cousins and the rest of the fearsome Lykoi ilk. She was, however, hoping Emmanuelle hadn't encountered too much trouble on her earlier roads in life. She realized the bluntness of her question, and again her tan-furred ears went half-mast. Sorry, I don't mean to pry -- you don't have to say, of course, she added quickly, shrugging a shoulder as if to emphasize her indifference. She hadn't meant to be quite so bold in her inquiry, but the words were said and couldn't be unsaid.

<style>
#myriRazeLup {
}
#myriRazeLup p {
}
#myriRazeLup p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:10px;
}
#myriRazeLup .txtooc {
#myriRazeLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriRazeLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriRazeLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriRazeLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriRazeLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriRazeLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: history timmme.

Word Count → 516

As the lady beside her questioned why she had been chased, Emmanuelles ears pressed against her head, a troubled look crossing her face. Myrika quickly backtracked, letting her know she didn't have to answer. She did anyways. " Well, to be honest I am not sure.. When I first set out from my home pack after the fire, my skills in hunting weren't as good as they are now. I frequently went without eating and got very skinny. The only thing I remember happening right before being chased was that I was desperately hunting around for something, anything. " The woman paused, trying to remember the events but being faced with a cloudy memory. " I finally caught a rodent, probably a rabbit or something, I can't really recall exactly what it was. Anyways, the next thing I knew I was being chased by three Luperci, one on a horse, two in Secui form. The one on a horse was in the middle and seemed to be the leader... "

She trailed off then, sighing and running her hand through her hair in frustration at the memory of what happened next. " I was quite young. I don't know why this happened, but I ran and I ran to evade them, but you can only go so far on so much energy when you are basically starving. They caught up to me, and beat me. " Her voice was angry, her sunny mood now gone. Not at any fault of Myrikas of course, but things like this were unfortunate however you looked at it." They left me for dead after I was beaten, I didn't have any open wounds or anything, they just beat the shit out of me. Luckily, an old woman found me and nursed me back to health and taught me some basic wood carving skills while I was getting better. " Smiling, her exuberant mood back ,she reached into her pack that was slung off of one shoulder and began digging in it, fingers finally clasping on a wooden necklace.

Bringing it out she showed Myrika, it was a simple necklace carved out of wooden beads and some bone pieces, the middle charm of it being the most attractive. It hung down fairly long, the wooden rectangular piece about half the size of her thumb. On it was a small painted scene of a beautiful russet and silver streaked wolf with a backdrop of an evergreen forest, howling at the sun. A big toothy grin settled on her face as she began to explain. " She made this for me while I was on bedrest, and the wolf, or coywolf I should say is me. I thought it was strange that I was pictured howling at the sun and not the moon, but she explained that it was because I had a sunny personality and was still bright when times were dark. I don't wear it, but I keep it on me at all times to remind myself of the kindness of others when times are especially trying. "

Smiling softly and reassuringly at Myrika she waited on the others reaction.

<style>
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:Throw My Hands Up In The Air, serif; color:#dcd5d2; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:regular; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template {background-color:#dcd5d2; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/2ntib5w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(419)

Myrika is by Kiri!

Myrika had departed her home at a year old, and she'd been ahorse, with her sister and her father beside her. Her journey eastward hadn't been fraught with too much peril -- on the contrary, the early parts of her journey when they were all together were some of the happiest memories Myrika possessed. Then the storm had torn them apart, but even then -- the rust-hued woman hadn't encountered too much trouble on her lonesome. The worst part was being separated from her family, and Tyveni had done her part to fix that for Myrika, offering friendship in place of family.

She couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like, hungry and wanting food so badly, only to be chased and punished when she found it. Her ears pressed nearly flat into the wild tangles of her mahogany-colored hair, and her frown was deep-set in her muzzle, both brows pinching together to give her an altogether displeased look. There was even anger within her -- anger that wolves had chased such an effervescent personality for such petty reasons. She supposed she understood protecting one's borders and territories -- for she assumed Emmanuelle had unwittingly crossed into claimed territory -- but she did not understand harming children.

Still, it was not all bad -- as they headed toward the village, her ashen-hued companion brought a lovely necklace out from her pack, showing it to Myrika, who glanced over it eagerly. Her turquoise eyes widened as she beheld the skill with which the painting had been made. The hybrid was quiet for a moment as the woman finished speaking, considering her answer. They passed a hunkering ruin of a house, little more than a collapsed frame and rotting wood, and Myrika spoke as they rounded it, the schoolhouse visible in the distance now.

That's ridiculous, I'm sorry it happened to you... it sounds like maybe you crossed someone's border -- not that it gives them any right to chase you and try to kill you, she offered, quietly. Perhaps it would be comforting to Emmanuelle to have some kind of reason for why they attacked her, even if it was just speculation and Myrika could not prove it. And -- even if that bad stuff happened to you, clearly, you haven't let it keep you down, she offered, her frown finally unstitching itself and turning into an uncertain smile. The old woman was definitely right about you being sunny, the red-furred coyote offered.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
}
#myrikaKiri p {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Word Count → 354

The pretty youth listened to Myrikas words, they were comforting even though nothing could prove her speculations. " I hope so. I know a lot of luperci in this world are not like me, but I hold out hope that not very many them do things like that on a whim. You are probably right though, or at least I hope you are. " Waving a hand gently, she dismissed that particular conversation. Parts of her still ached if she spent too much time thinking about it. Stating that she was indeed sunny set Emma's tail whipping back and forth in pleasure. " I am really glad you think that, I do try. I feel there is no place for depression and what have you in this world, especially with how beautiful every day can be! " She exclaimed with a smile, gesturing toward the skys as if to highlight the very sun that warmed the two females faces.

Strolling along quietly, she enjoyed the few moments of silence that passed between the two, completely comfortable with her newfound friend. A look of serene peace settled on the coywolfs face, and her hands clasped behind her back as they moved, glancing over at the horse on the other side of Myrika. It was indeed a beautiful animal, though in her eyes dangerous. Lots of things that were beautiful were dangerous, she mused to herself inside her head. A large building began to near in the distance, and they began passing ruined houses and other signs of past civilization. Releasing her other hand, she raised her arm and pointed to the large building, catching the russet-hued coyotes eyes before speaking.

" Is that where you live? " The youth began, taking in the immensity of the building. " I myself took a room in the mansion by the dampwoods temporarily. I hope to make my home in the spring, once the rains have passed. It will be some work, I have a specific place in mind. " She mused, half thinking out loud. The smell of various animals began to tickle her nose and Emma breathed them in, memorizing each scent as it came up.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

(601) Kinda powerplayed Emmanuelle entering the building before Myri to keep it moving. If not okay, PM and I will fix it up! Also, rambled, sorry. x: Can skip first paragraph, derp.

The rust-furred woman did not believe she saw anything about Emmanuelle that would cause other Luperci to chase her. The ashen-furred woman was pretty, certainly, but Myrika truly believed in the goodness of the world, and that prettiness alone would not provoke others into giving chase without the pretty one's consent. Perhaps this was naivety on Myrika's part, but she truly could not fathom why a canine would chase another with intent to hurt them. Her big ears were folded back into the wild mahogany curls of her head, and the deep-set frown on her muzzle even went so far as to knit her brows downward. The frown, altough ill-fitting Myrika's face, was still not fully adequate to express the disquiet she felt at hearing the Tirones's tale.

I just can't see why anyone would give chase like that for no reason... ugh, she said, lifting her lip and exposing half of one fang. The expression of anger was not, of course, directed toward Emmanuelle, but her would-be killers. At least you're able to move past it, though. It's good not to hang onto the past, she said, her frown finally fading back into an expression of neutrality. If today's overcast and cloudy, tomorrow might be sunnier, the russet-tinged woman said, the tip of her tail wavering. The woman's question was received, and the red-haired woman nodded, pointing out the schoolhouse and then the little shack, closer to them. Yeah, that's my place. That little shack is the stable, small as it is. Cahal stays in there, and my other horse, Eira, she explained. The blue roan was currently within her stall, but as they drew closer, the sound of a familiar whinny caught Myrika's ears. Cahal responded in kind, and as they neared the gate, Myri stripped off his saddle and reigns rather quickly, hanging them over the fence. She opened the gate and ushered the big stallion through, closing the gate behind her.

So -- you're going to build your house? the hybrid asked, returning to Emmanuelle to carry on toward the house. The firepit was dead beneath the overhang, and there were no signs of life from within the schoolhouse, but Kaena might still be there -- perhaps napping, perhaps simply being quiet. There were times Myrika forgot the old woman lived with her, she was so quiet. The tawny hybrid pulled open the door, stepping back with it so Emmanuelle might enter first. Supple flaps of leather hung over the busted-out windows of the door, and Myrika pinned one back with the cord so they might have a little more light. The insides were neatly arranged, with a small stack of firewood to the right of the door, and Myrika's bedroom -- a former administrative office -- directly to the left.

The red-haired woman stepped through the entryway after her companion, a little nervous now that she was showing her home off to another canine. One of her hands reached to muss with her hair a moment, trying to look as if she were occupied in fixing it, when really -- she was simply trying to think of something to say. The workshop, idiot -- she came for that, not you, came a small, angry voice from within her -- her inner sensibility, she supposed. The tall woman stepped forward down the hall, opening the second of the left-hand doors to reveal her workshop. Here's my shop, she said, the first word coming out in something of a nervous squeak.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
}
#myriNat p {
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]occ : yikes! working for a straight week takes a bit out of you. ;( if myri is going to talk about her house think of that hobbits house in the shire that is built into the hillside. Tongue hope the slight pp is okay!

As the other woman asked her about building her home, pure joy erupted over the youths tapered face. " Well yes, more like dig it out. I would like to dig two or three rooms out of the side of the hillside I located near the Dampwoods. Thats why I need to wait for the spring rains to pass, I'm not sure how successful I will be with mud. " She giggled out. Now they were at Myrika's home, announced very loudly by her two horses greeting each other. Soon after the tack was hung up they entered the rust-furred womans home.

" Wow! I really like it! " She exclaimed excitedly as she was shown the innards of the home. Everything was neat and organized, she supposed it fit the other woman. Myrika did indeed look like the type to keep everything in order. Following the other into the other room, Emma gasped. An ear flicked back to hear Myrika's nervous words and Emma turned to face her, placing her hands on the others arm gently and flashing a reassuring smile to her host. Turning back she entered the room quietly and look around, her eyes wide. There was tools and leather and other such things you might find in a workshop.

It was all so much, but the silver-streaked coywolf knew she had come to the right place and found the right person to teach her. " You are so lucky to have all of this. I hope to make my own workshop in one of the rooms of my future home. " Facing Myrika again, she caught the others gaze and smiled. " I know I am asking so much of you, but maybe if you have nothing to do in the summer you might like to help me? " She asked, rather timidly for one with such an exuberant personality. The silver and russet streaked woman felt bad, she had asked so much of the other already.

[/html]
[html]

(326)
:C <3 That sounds like an awesome house, and that's fine. ^^

Myrika is by Kiri!

Emmanuelle was more than eager to speak of her house, and Myrika listened with mounting interest and fascination. A house dug out of a hillside? She had never heard of such a thing before -- a den was one thing, but an entire house? Rooms? She did not know if it could be done, but her companion seemed confident enough in the subject at hand. Myri tried to imagine what it would be like living in such a place, and it seemed comfortable -- a compromise between humanity and the truly feral lifestyle.

The ash-streaked woman seemed impressed by the tawny woman's workshop, and as if to quell Myrika's nervousness, she turned and put a light touch to Myri's arm. The Praetorian was surprised by the gesture, but not unpleasantly so -- instead, a warm smile crept across her own face, though she peered down at the cracked floor tiling as if to hide her smile. She remained quiet a moment so her companion might have a look around first, and listened with a cocked ear as the woman spoke further of her intriguing house, rousing Myri's interest once again.

The russet-haired woman's lips parted and she smiled, nodding her head already. I'd love to help. I'd be interested to see how such a thing works, honestly, she confessed. It seems like the perfect thing -- a cross between den and house, Myrika added, looking down to the floor again, still with the sheepish grin on her face. Where did you get such an idea? she asked, still marveling at the thought of a den-house within a hill. The tawny hybrid shuffled a bit further into her workshop room, glancing around at the shelves with their array of stones made for cutting the fur and scraping the hide clean. The room was orderly enough; Myrika hadn't left too much of a mess the last time she'd packed up.

<style>
#myrikaKiri {
}
#myrikaKiri p {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
}
#myrikaKiri p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaKiri .txtooc {
#myrikaKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

As Myrika asked about the house Emma's tail swung from side to side happily. This was one of the things that truly made the female happy, when others took an interest in things that she herself was interested in. It was a great feeling. " Well, it will take a lot of work and careful planning, but with what I've come up with I'm fairly certain it will be able to work. The main issue is making the structure to support the dirt, but considering we are surounded by wilderness we should be good. " She began, milky white canines flashing as another smile settled on her muzzle, not quite stained yellow yet from her young age.

" I didn't come up with it originally, although I wish I did. I've traveled across the country to get here, and in my travels I've seen many human dwellings, mostly ruins. One of these ruins were particularly interesting, it was dug into the side of a small hillside and it had mostly retained its shape even from the decay of so many years gone past. " The youth continued, pausing for a moment as a small frown flitted across her features. " However, the humans built it with brick and wood flooring. I'm not sure where to get bricks and floorboards, so I was going to improvise with branches, straws and grasses and leather. It will definitely take some fine tuning to get everything in order though. "

Emma shifted her weight, feeling suddenly shy. A creamy hand crept up her arm until one of her arms was across her chest, holding its mate gently. Her mismatched eyes dropped to the floor, the dark brown fur staining underneath them and contrasting them so brilliantly. " I am terribly sorry - " Quietly she began, avoiding Myrika's gaze as she realized just what had happened. " I didn't mean to get so side-tracked and off topic, momentarily I forgot why we were here, it won't happen again - I assure you. " Her tone was apologetic and shameful, and rightly so. This was not the way her parents raised her, she was a guest in anothers home and she would do well to remember that.

" Please, " She began to speak again, smiling shyly and motioning behind her. " Please show me your projects you were speaking about before. I am very interested. "

[/html]
[html]

(475)

Myrika is by Kiki!

The mahogany-haired Praetorian listened intently as her companion described the dwelling, nodding every now and again. Floorboards and bricks would certainly help keep the structure intact, Myri thought, though she was no architect. When the time came for them to actually build the structure, she'd be reliant upon Emmanuelle for direction. Her finer skills might be put to use when it came time for constructing a doorway -- it might be good to have a wooden door for winter and a leather hanging for summer, to keep the air cooled. Myri did not consider such construction, built into the earth, was very much its own heating and cooling system -- capable of retaining heat in the winter and cool as a cave in summer.

Her ears flicked backwards as the woman seemed apologetic, and Myri tilted her head, uncertain what offense she'd committed against Emmanuelle. As the woman continued Myri smiled a small thing and shook her head as if to discard the apology -- it wasn't necessary, in Myri's eyes. Please, yourself -- side-tracked? No, I really don't mind, she replied, shrugging a shoulder and offering a lopsided smile. I don't have anywhere to be yet today. Besides, your house is fascinating -- spring can't come quick enough. Before I get to rambling about myself, though -- floorboards and bricks? There's an old human city to the far south, and a smaller town west and north a ways, she suggested, thinking of Halifax and Amherst.

Either would be able to provide brick, and Myri thought there was a good chance of finding some kind of timber for flooring, though it might be scrap and they might have to search for some time to find wood still suitable for construction purposes. Brick didn't tend to degrade so fast as wood, however, and they would be easier to come by. Even bricks wouldn't be too hard to haul off with horses, she added, grinning broadly. But -- I guess you're like me. If I'm interested in something, I can prattle on about it all day. I'm sure you'll be telling me to shut up about leather shortly.

The woman moved toward nearest counter, picking up a small skin she was stretching on a small frame. The pelt was still wet and had a few days of drying to do. This is pretty much your first real step, she indicated. Everything before this is just cleaning up what you've killed -- separating the pelt and removing the fur and whatever flesh is attached. For speaking on such a bloody subject, the red-haired woman was mechanical and exacting -- there was no squeamishness within her where this subject was concerned. Stretched and dried, it'll become very stiff -- suitable for use as something almost like paper, Myri said, smiling.

<style>
#myriKikiHorse {
}
#myriKikiHorse p {
}
#myriKikiHorse p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:10px;
}
#myriKikiHorse .txtooc {
#myriKikiHorse .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriKikiHorse b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriKikiHorse u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriKikiHorse b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriKikiHorse b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriKikiHorse b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Mich-matched eyes glittered and a smile settled on her mottled muzzle. Pleased with what Myri said, and knowing that it was true her tail swung back and forth contentedly. It might just be foolish youthful thoughts, but she found herself really liking the woman in front of her. They seemed to be on the same side of the spectrum, although there was a divide in age. It comforted her to know there were others like herself - that this pack wasn't just built on blood-thirsty coyotes and hybrids out for wolf skulls. Emmanuelle stood still and listened quietly as Myrika spoke, looking like a budding flower. Delicate and beautiful, but still there was much to mature. Her form wasn't so much delicate as it was her mind, the youths body fleshed out by muscle and silky thick fur.

" That sounds like it could be a fun trip. I've been across Canada, but I haven't really explored 'Souls itself. Kinda just heard about Inferni and stumbled my way here. " She offered, hoping maybe in the spring that Myrika would be able to show her the places she didn't know yet. The silver-pelted girl hadn't seen a huge amount of human ruins, living in the farm country of Vancouver for a majority of her life. Fiddling with her long blonde hair, she watched with utmost interest as the russet-hued woman in front of her picked up a small skin attached to an equally size frame. Her bloody colored ears perked and swiveled to catch the words, and she nodded in understanding. Her gaze flitted around the room and landed on some rocks, she had seen some skinning in her old pack and those looked like the ones they used to separate unwanted bits - just as her teacher described.

With what her companion said next, Emmanuelle was not so sure about. " So is there a different way to make leather clothing? Or do you do something to that, " A creamy claw-tipped finger pointed at the frame in the other woman's hands before continuing. " To make it softer? And, how long do you leave it to dry usually? Does it depend on the size or is it generally all the same between skins? " Raising an invisible eyebrow, she let her fingers come to a rest on her chin, stroking it. It was almost humorous, a face so delicate and beautiful simply didn't look like it should have anything besides a warm smile coming from it, and yet there it was. Her lips pursed and her brow furrowed as she let her mind mull over what she was being taught.

[/html]
[html]

(622)

Myrika is by me!

For her age, Myri was terribly naive -- she hadn't been completely isolated from social contact as a youth, and she had developed some social skills, but as she'd developed, she'd been ostracized more and more for her gangly appearance and apparent ugliness. Following this, there were the long months of travel, the Pacrel family and Thamur -- Myri was not incredibly experienced in the ways of the world, and in many ways, she herself still felt very much an awkward teenager. She frequently felt as though she hadn't grown up at all since those days in the abandoned shack where she'd spent so many months fretting over Inferni.

It was for that reason she remained silent regarding her own history of finding Inferni. It was fraught with cowardice on her part, and Myri did not think upon it as a kindly tale. Instead, the mahogany-haired woman grinned and nodded. It'd be my pleasure to show you sometime, she offered. The horses would make for quick travel, and Myri would be glad to visit either city -- time in the city meant a possible encounter with books. To her question, the russet hybrid nodded, moving toward the rear of the room. She picked up a finished piece of leather, holding it out toward her companion.

You got it -- this makes something very stiff, and I've also shaved it quite thin, she explained. If you want to make something suitable for clothing, well -- essentially, you need brains, she said, tapping her own skull and making an apologetic face. Usually, you'll want to use the same animal you killed for the pelt -- less waste, she said. And, the best reason, too -- you get exactly as much as you need to tan the hide. So, you mix the brains and water, heat it up and make sure it's well-mixed and mashed. Then, you rub all of that into the hide. Both sides -- or just the one side, if you're leaving the fur on.

After that's done and over with, the hide gets soaked in water, and you use the scrapers to get all the water and whatever else out of it. She moved to pick up a small stick tool, only a few inches long, but rather thick. One end was carved into a round end, worn smooth. You work at the hide with this. This is what makes it so soft and flexible, so it's probably the most important step in making clothing. The same goes for this -- similar tools, but they both need to be used, in my experience. She picked up a smooth rock and handed both the rock and the stick to Emmanuelle. Keep these both, to start you off, she said, smiling. They weren't exceptionally rare tools, but it could take some time finding a river stone of just the right smoothness and size, and the point of the graining stick could not be too sharp, else it would tear the pelt and ruin it for many uses.

The drying process is more a smoking process, my way -- you hang the hide over the fire, far enough away that it won't catch fire, and close enough so that the smoke gets into the hide. Different smokes produce different effects -- dark smoke, dark leather, she said, grinning. That's all of it, explained. There were other methods, different ones entirely -- some produced stiff leather that was still workable, useful for sheaths and book covers, even. This was a basic method, and could be accomplished with no extraordinary effort on Emmanuelle's part. The russet-haired woman peered toward her companion anxiously, expecting questions from the dust-furred woman.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]