Same old song and dance
[html]

Word Count ::419 Points::3 OOC:: Set at the training grounds, about late morning to midday, February 23rd.

The sun’s light lingered above the land, just a little bit off to the side making not directly overhead. The Dasa spent his morning hours at the training grounds doing some weapon work. He glanced around at the sometime to be perfect get away for any warrior. The area was a work in progress for sure, but the male figured that once winter would retreat he and a few others would put some effort in and get it entirely finished. His throwing knives and shuriken were scattered about, lots of them stuck in makeshift targets with a few strays littered amongst the ground from a couple of unsuccessful attempts on his part. It was the start to pretty decent day nothing out of the ordinary had occurred yet by his definition. He slept really well the night before, so he felt unusually great today. The mutt stretched his arms and shoulders and worked his way down his entire body trying to remember to stretch everything he could.

The multicolored mix gazed up into the sky towards the sun, it’s rays seemed to get stronger by the day nearing the possible end of the cold season. Bored with the weapon work Mido knew in the back of his mind that it was time to revisit the fundamentals. Basics, basics, basics. The male closed his eyes, heaving in a deep breath, he let out slowly. There wasn’t anybody at the training grounds at the time except him. The half and half slowly rolled through the burned in memory motions one by one as if he were a beginner. An over head block, a simple jab, basic kick, uppercut, he was fighting an imaginary opponent before he knew it. Taking advantage of the fact that he figured he was the only one here he let loose. He combined a wide array of strikes and kicks with flips and twists, as if he were some kind of hurricane or tornado he moved over the grounds pushing his heart rate through the roof. The male came to an abrupt halt out of a string of movements, this was great and all, but there was just something that he was lacking. It dawned on him; training really is more enjoyable when you have someone else to do it with. Not feeling the urge to go harass the all familiar Oriax of Anathema, he wondered if it would be too much of a stretch to train with someone else.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
Ayasha was getting better at finding her way through the caves. She was rather surprised since she had a lot on her mind. She had gotten the start of a tattoo and hadn’t told Liam what it was going to be. He knew that it was a tattoo but she wanted to surprise him with her final design. She had only said that he’d like it and it would be a surprise for him.

She also had been thinking about the conversation that she had had with her mate about pups. She still was unsure if she was ready for being a mother but her time spent with Aeron and her kids made her seriously doubt that she wouldn’t be ready. She knew that she wanted some with Liam but needed time to get herself ready, mentally.

But today, she was mostly wandering around not really working on finding her way around. But soon she found herself heading outside and to old human village. But she avoided the house that Liam was rebuilding and went exploring the area a bit more. She had her two knives from Aeron on her belt and went to this sawmill and heard someone inside. She entered and saw one of the wolves from the hunt practicing. She stood in the doorway and watched, wishing that she could spar some more. She hadn’t done that since she left AniWaya.
[html]

Word Count ::311 Points::3 OOC::

The male had slowed down his movement tremendously since he’d started, nearly having stopped due to erratic breathing rather than his abundance of energy. Something was different about the air he breathed now; he had so much focus on what he had been doing that he didn’t catch the white woman’s presence. When he finally noticed the smell he looked around briefly wondering how he could have completely missed somebody just walking in. The mystery female stood just inside the doorway of the in process of changing sawmill. Mido was curious to just how long she had been standing there watching, she must have thought he were nuts bouncing around like a lunatic.

Then it struck him, he wanted someone to train with just for the enjoyment of another’s company. Had his unheard prayers been blessed and answered, in his mind the idea seemed too good to be true. Uncertain about whether or not she had any experience he may end up showing her a thing or two about the art of fighting today. Not only was there uncertainty about a skill base, he knew nothing about her, including her name. You know you don’t have to stand in the door and watch, you’re welcome to come in and participate if you’d like. He stopped doing whatever it was he was doing to approach her. I never did get your name during the hunt. I’m Mido, one of the Dasa’s. Giving her a couple feet of personal space he stood, smiling he extended one of his brown colored hands to greet her. The half and half held no knowledge of what she had become in the rank system, but she certainly wasn’t one of the Zepars any more, she was under no obligation to be respectful. To the Huskadore common courtesy was just common and something that came natural to him.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
It took the mostly white male a few moments to notice her and Ayasha took the time to reminisce about the last time she had any real reason to use her fighting skills. The war that the idiot Maska brought upon the peace pack that she was once part of was actually the start of the catalyst of changes that brought her to this moment, to an extent. It caused her and her mother’s relation to become strained and it also made her brother Ahiga start to be rather rude to her and blame her for abandoning him.

But Maska was not the main cause for her to be here. She wasn’t sure who’s fault it was, or if it was anyone’s at all, for Liam killing his sister. Ayasha knew that it wasn’t really Liam’s fault. It was those blasted butterflies but she also knew that wasn’t exactly a good excuse for him. That boy, well now man, was so frustrating sometimes.

But the male that she had been watching finally noticed her and said that she could participate and introduced himself as Mido and that he was a Dasa. ”Well, Mido. I didn’t want to interrupt you. You’re a warrior if you’re a Dasa. I’m Ayasha and I’m a Seere. Do you fight well with knives?” So she could be rather forward with what she wanted.
[html]

Word Count ::315 Points::3 OOC:: Sorry for the derp, I didn’t even realize that you posted till late yesterday.

Once he noticed her, the male told her that she had been welcome to come and participate with him. She seemed to not be hesitant at all, she replied by telling him she hadn’t wanted to interrupt. Already she made an immediate impression on him as a well mannered girl. She further went on to state her name and rank, she was courteous too? She’s a Seere? That’s good; because I’m pretty sure other than her we don’t have any cave explorers. After telling him her name she proceeded to ask if he could fight well with knives. Wow, she’s well mannered, courteous and quick to the point! She was really straight forward, but by no means was rude or out of bounds with her question. The Dasa looked around at the makeshift targets that were positioned about the area. He noted his precision, only a few of his knives were strewn amongst the ground. He took a moment to actually contemplate her question. Ayasha right? I’m no master with knives… but I’d say much better than your average individual. He stated her name as a question hoping he was saying it right. His confidence was far from overboard but apparent enough, he was quite comfortable with knives, nearly any bladed weapon it seemed.

The Multicolored male smiled at her unintentionally, wondering if their conversation would move in the direction he thought it was going. They were at the training grounds, and if she wanted some practice or training she came to the right place. If she wanted someone to spar, train with or do some weapons work with, he felt she couldn’t have run into a better canine. He was always eager to help, sometimes he thought a little too willing to lend a hand and make others happy. It was something that he just did; the Huskadore never noticed it half the time.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 Sorry about the wait.

Mido seemed rather impressed with her and her manners, which had to be a first that she knew of. Back in AniWaya, she was pretty sure that several people that thought her directness and curiosity were bad and that she should be silent in all ways. But then again, her mother had taught her to question things and that her curiosity was important and a vital part of who she was as a person.

Mido then clarified that her name was indeed Ayasha and she gave a slightly amused nod. He said that he was no master at using knives but better than most people. Her nod turned into a contemplative nod as she considered her options. She really wanted to practice using her knives but also wanted to learn a few new fighting techniques. The last time she had done any fighting was during the AniWayan conflict.

She gave the light colored male a bright grin. ”Would it be OK if we practiced a little with knives and then maybe you could teach me a few other types of fighting. The only other way I know is some staff fighting?” J’adore taught her so that she could defend herself and she was glad that he had taught her.

Wanting all we left behind, Like it's the answer. An hour glass we can't rewind, Holding back the life that I've denied for so long

Image courtesy of RC Designer

<style>
.GR2_Ayasha p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Ayasha b {font-family:verdana; color:#d1b584; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Ayasha {background-color:#d8c098; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fbfade; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9652/atable15.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #b9c484; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Ayasha .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #b9c484; }
.GR2_Ayasha .name {text-align:right; font-family:Alex Brush; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#9f875e 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Ayasha .lyrics {color:#fbfade; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.GR2_Ayasha .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#fffff1; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #b9c484; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px; }

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::322 Points::3 OOC:: Not a problem. If anything I probably just wanted to bug you =D

Having told Ayasha that he could use knives well enough she seriously seemed to consider what he said. Looking at her, he could the wheels turning in her head. With a smile on her face It looked as though she were done pondering things over. She asked if they could practice with knives then do something else later. She mention that she knew a bit about using a staff, coincidentally that was the first weapon the Dasa had mastered.

Reaching into the side pockets located at the knees of his black khakis, sticking a finger through the loop on the end of the knife’s handle he pulled out a Kunai in each hand. Definitely! I’m assuming you have your own knives. If not then I can lend you a couple. Once he said what he did, he realized that if the white female didn’t have knives that she could just pick a few up from the ground. Thinking more about what she initially asked for, her request was actually slightly ambiguous. What other types of fighting would she be interested in? In the male’s mind fighting and weapons were two different things. He had multiple styles of fighting that he had enlisted in his experience and lots of weapons that he has worked with. If she wanted to learn non-weapon hand to hand combat there would be so much that he could show her.

He would get a better idea of what he might teach her when they got to that point. For now they would play together with sharp objects. Would it be strange to others that this is my idea of a good time? The multicolored mix wondered to himself, as he gave the Seere an excited grin. He spun the Kunai in his hands around his fingers and caught them with the blades facing downward. Are you ready Ayasha? Now he was just being silly having a good time.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
Ayasha watched Mido as he reached into the pockets of his pants and then he agreed, also asking if she needed any knives of her own. She shook her head and pulled out the ones that she had gotten from Aeron for two of her carvings. Which she supposed was a good deal, especially since they were better than the ones she had originally picked and a pup got happiness from her carvings.

She didn’t really care if her words about learning new ways of fighting/different weapons were a bit vague. She wasn’t entirely sure if she knew which she meant. Her main hope was that by the time they were ready to move onto other things she would know if she wanted to learn a new fighting technique, weapon, or combination.

Mido then asked if she was ready and she flashed him a bright and eager smile as she nodded. She then got her knives ready and kept her feet shoulder-width apart and bent her knees. Her lessons from her uncle J’adore were fresh in her mind like they were given just yesterday. Her learning had been born out of necessity but she had found that she enjoyed these friendly spars. Her eyes focused on Mido and waited for any sign of weakness.
[html]

Word Count ::202 Points:: OOC::Sorry… I think this is the first time I’ve had a real muse issue 8[ Next one will be better.

The Dasa pulled out his own knives; he was ready to get down to business. Mido asked if she was ready, she nodded and displayed a smile that was more than welcoming. Watching her take a stance with her knives in hand, he wondered what sort of training she had received. She looked to be well balanced with the weight on her feet; the Seere seemed eager and ready to get going. Flipping the Kunai in his left hand so that it was pointing upward, the other still faced downward.

Facing entirely forward with his arms held up and his shoulders relaxed, he stepped towards her, closing what little distance there was between them. Taking the blade in his left hand he swung from his right side to his left in a horizontal motion. The strike he considered friendly, it was overly fast or strong, but welcoming. Easy to dodge, stop or deflect the idea was to engage the white female. The last time he’d been exposed to throwing knives was his training session with Aeron, she used knives and he wielded his Kamas, even though the woman played him a fool it was all in fun and she helped him immensely.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
When Mido noticed her grin, Ayasha’s grin simply grew more feral, though also rather amused. He pulled out his knives and turned one facing up and the other pointing upside down. Both of her knives were facing upwards but she could easily turn one upside down if the situation called for it.

He stepped towards her and she allowed him to approach her. He swung one of his knives towards her. She ducked down allowing the knife to pass over her head. She popped her head up and gave swing with her blade at him, dancing away from her strike as soon as she did. Her blade was swung with the flat end of the blade towards him, not the edge.

Whether or not it hit him didn’t matter. Instead the purpose of this was to try and see how they matched up with each other as well as practice for her at least. It felt good to use her knives again after several months of not using it. The last time she used them was in the final battle to get rid of Maska. Even then, she didn’t really use it very much. So this was a treat for her and she hoped that this would be a recurring thing, even if it wasn’t just with Mido.
[html]

Word Count ::304 Points:: 3 OOC:: Tongue

Granted that he particularly enjoyed close combat, he was really interested in seeing how Ayasha personally dealt with confrontation. Once he swung at her with his kunai, he followed her with his eyes as she easily avoided his attack by ducking out of the way. Coming back up to meet him, she made a strike of her own. Mido absolutely hated wasting precious energy when fighting someone else. Leaning backward a bit, all he did was feint away from her blade, even though Ayasha was being kind and not using the knifes edge. She backed away from him almost as soon as she had swung her knife at him

He couldn’t help but admire the way that her body moved so fluidly. She was very quick and light on her feet, she seemed graceful as if she were a dancer of sorts. This was probably where they would differ greatly, the Huskadore was capable of great agility, but being fast for him required a good bit of effort and strength on his part. The female Seere already had a natural physical advantage against him, but he was quite okay with it. He made another advance in her direction again, quicker this time around. Freeing up his right hand by tossing the kunai into his left, he tried to tag the snowy female with a fast and gentle jab. You know what; you seem to be pretty good at fighting Ayasha. You sure you didn’t want to be a warrior? The white girl probably already knew exactly what she wanted in life; he just couldn’t help but think she may have had the potential to at least make a semi decent warrior. The half and half wanted to make mild chit-chat with her, keeping things friendly was always a good thing, or so he thought.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
Her attack missed but that was OK. She was just getting warmed up. It was expected that she wouldn’t go all in until further into the sparring session. But she knew enough to not let herself go into a blind attack. That simply wasn’t her style. Although there was something amazing about launching yourself at the unsuspecting body of your opponent.

Mido gave her a quick and gentle attack and she simply leapt out of the way. Her smaller structure meant that she was able to be quicker and as soon as she leapt away she darted towards him, trying to jab at him with her right hand while leaving her right to parry an attack, or at least try to do so.

His question about whether or not she wanted to be a warrior caused her to give a snort of laughter. ”Sorry, Mido. I’m an explorer and scout by nature. Fighting is a hobby of mine.” She didn’t mention that she had some reservations about warriors. Sure her uncle was one but so were Maska’s goons. But she did flash him a cheeky smile. ”Its not my fault that I happen to be talented at it.” It really wasn’t. it was her parents that she had never known and J’adore.
[html]

Word Count ::309 Points:: 3 OOC:: 8D

His own mind was sometimes his worst enemy; it helped him and occasionally hindered him. He never quite understood the way his brain worked, he always figured it would be too much to grasp. Whenever he physically engaged another the way he was now with Ayasha he easily recalled all his past experiences, as if he were reliving them. The lithe white woman effortlessly avoided his attack and was at him with a jab. Picking up his arms, he tightened his core with a quick exhale of air to make her jab hold no value. He let her tag him with her fist, he picked up his left leg to counter her, and his aim was to push her back if he hit her with it. His smile was drawn out more and more the longer they kept at it.

The Seere apologized and briefly explained to the Dasa that naturally she was an explorer and scout; fighting was just a hobby to her. There was no need for her to apologize, but he took note that she was gifted with the art. His ears twitched when she mentioned that it wasn’t her fault she had a talent for it. Fighting is a fine talent to have Ayasha. The idea of combat to the male had more than one meaning. It could be used for self defense, to protect others or even to stay in shape. Oblivious to his tail wagging behind him with excitement, he rushed at Ayasha, dashing to the left he tried to mix things up a bit instead of just boring her. He wondered what she might want to learn if she got bored of sparring with him. Mido had lots of different experiences concerning fighting, some more intriguing than others. There was much the mutt could show her if she were interested in learning.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
[/html]
Mido moved his body out of the way of her attack but her fist still connected with his side, just not very hard and as glancing blow. He then tried to push her back with his leg and she tried to jump over it. But she mistimed her jump and ended up landing on her back foot a bit awkwardly. She twisted it slightly but not enough to hurt her foot or leg. She did give a slight groan of surprise from the odd position that she landed in.

She gave a cheeky grin in response to his saying that fighting was a good talent to have. "Does that mean you feel you don't have talent, then?" Her question wasn’t mean; she was simply being snarky towards him. It was something that occasionally showed up in her personality, though it was a rare part of her.

He dashed to the left and she grinned as she brought her left weapon down on his weapon and then went to whack his head softly with her right-handed weapon. If it struck his head, he would feel but it wasn’t hard enough knock him out or even cause permanent damage to his head. He would mostly have a bump and headache.
[html]

Word Count ::321 Points:: 3 OOC:: @.@

She easily leapt up and over his kick, when she landed she let a groan of surprise. Ayasha asked him a question regarding his statement of talent. The way she worded it and how exactly he heard it made him wonder. Mido wasn’t certain how to take it, was she just being honest or rude? Whatever the intent of her asking, she made him think about it. What skills he had were definitely not natural; he busted his ass to be good at pretty much anything he tried, including fighting. The Dasa couldn’t even begin to calculate the time he’d put toward combat related topics, it would be a lot. I guess you could say whatever fighting skills I have, I really worked for them.

As soon as he had made his dash, the white woman struck the knife in his hand with hers. The contact between their weapons made the blade vibrate and ring in his hand, making him clench his teeth together. Her movement hadn’t distracted him from seeing go to hit him on top of the head. The male could have gotten away from it, but he chose to let her get him. Bonk! It really didn’t hurt, as he scratched his head he thought he may wake up with an egg on his head in the morning. I guess if that were a real fight, you would be the victor. You’re really great with knives. He gave her a goofy smile, figuring that would be the end of their friendly match. There was no need for pack mates to seriously get physical with each other, especially over nothing. She really was good at handling knives, but there was plenty more that she could learn. The mix shook his feet in attempt to get the dirt and debris out from between his toes. So Ayasha, want to call it quits or might you be up to learning something.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]