Just a puppet on a lonely string
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
I am /finally/ getting this up. It can be dated to whenever you want :O

He put his head down onto his paws, looking outside of the den. It was a really boring day...nothing to do, no one to talk to. It had rained in the morning and now it looked like it was going to do it again; heavy clouds laden with raindrops rolled overhead, and he watched them warily. Ever since he had been pulled out of the water by Anselm he'd not liked getting wet. It just reminded him of his experience...of halfway drowning, and made him really scared.

He hated himself for being so weak. A young adult, being afraid of thunderstorms? Even the sound of thunder made him jump...he didn't understand why. Lightning flashed across the sky and he winced, hearing the cracking sound of the thunder soon afterwards. He had been thinking for a while about his past and about his mother and father. Anselm had said that he looked like he had some coyote in him, but how could that be? His mother had been a wolf and his father had been...so shouldn't he look like one of them? Both of them were white, and his grandmothers were both white. Apollo had turned out right, but Sirius had gotten the short end of the stick.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
How come I never noticed this thread before? o.O I'm ever so sorry! x.x

IC:

Urma enjoyed rainstorms, for one reason or the other. Maybe it was because some small part of her hoped for the weather to become cold enough for the water to turn into snow. As it was, however, the rain brought few wolves out of their dens, which meant Urma was lonely at that. As she sat down in her den, listening to the thunder, she went back to the morning she had met Pilot by coincidence by the stream, just after her joining the pack. This thought brought back her refusal to join him in his den for the night. It seemed now, as she sat in her deserted den, that she hadn't taken in the layout of his own home, which had since then seemed so comfortable and warm and welcoming. She felt lonely, all by herself here, with nothing to do, seeing as no one else was out of their dens.

Getting to her feet, she walked out of her resting place and looked around, just in time to catch a lightning bolt flash across the sky, followed by a short pause before the sound of thunder. She wondered whether Pilot would mind company, and decided it couldn't hurt to at least go and see if he was also restless. Maybe they'd get around to talking, instead of being by themselves, at least until the rain subsided. Following that idea, Urma made her way towards Pilot's den, her pace quick, her fur wet and stuck to her body, her ears down and her tail behind her legs. As she spotted the den from the distance, she smiled, wagging her tail and hurrying up. When she had come within a small distance of the entrance, she reclined to her haunches. "Pilot?" she called, feeling the determination she had had a few moments ago slipping away. It wasn't polite to come here uninvited, after all.
[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
no worries!

He'd seen this female once or twice, but didn't really know what to make of her. Sirius had never really gotten very close to his female caregivers--they were all too fluffy and nice all the time. That was one of the things he hadn't liked about living in Twilight Vale...everyone was always catering to him. He knew that Naniko got worried and that he'd been born premature, that was why he was so tiny, but he wasn't a baby. He could do things for himself.

Pilot let him do some things by himself, which he really liked. It was much better here than there. Sirius sat up, looking out the entrance to the den. "Da's not home" He said as the white wolf approached. Ew...she was all wet. "You come inside? You's all wet."

[/html]
[html]

Urma was almost prepared to turn around and hurry back to her den, when she spotted a pair of clear green eyes, contrasting against the brown-red quality of a coyote-like fur. It took a moment to place the familiarity of his features, but only that, a moment. The next she realised she was staring at Pilot's son. She could remember him from that night, her first night in Shadowed Sun, when Pilot had invited her into his home to save her from a cold and lonely night. She had seen this exact same pup, only then he had been asleep, so he probably had no idea she had ever been there, even for the couple of hours she had spent before getting cold feet and leaving.

The small wolf informed her that Pilot wasn't home. She tried to push the thoughts away from her-- where could Pilot be on such a storm? She felt gratitude wash over her as he invited her in, glad now to be able to get warm. It wasn't the fact that her fur was wet that was bothersome, it was the cold that had slowly crept into her bones. She crept into the den carefully, gratefully letting the warmth wash over her. "I'm sorry... I didn't imagine he would be away on such a weather." She looked around the den, only now realizing she had missed its welcoming air. "You're all alone? Must mean you're all grown up and responsible now," she said playfully. Pilot's son seemed very much like his father, in matter of attitude. It was the colour of his fur, so unlike Pilot's white coat, that puzzled her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ttable.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He was so, so bored. This wolf could provide him with some sort of entertainment; talking to her had to be better than staring at the wall, or staring outside of the den. "He leaves a lot." He said in explanation. His father was a medic, and often took trips outside the den to go and fix people up. "Probably talking to some squirrels or something." Sirius had a strip of tanned hide around his neck with a small bead on it, a bead shaped like a squirrel. Sadra had given it to him. He'd met her a month or so before, her and her two rabbits Honey and Jobe, and he'd immediately taken a liking to her.

He hadn't seen her since then, and when he had gone to her den no one had been there...and Honey and Jobe's pen was empty. It made him really sad that she had left without even saying goodbye to him. "You was out in that weather" He pointed out, looking out at the sky again. It didn't look like it was going to let up any time soon. "He knows I won't leave if it is raining...so he can go and do what he wants and not worry" He didn't really know if Pilot worried or not. "I is Sirius"

[/html]
[html]

"Didn't you offer to keep him company? Or was it the rain that kept you here?" She knew fairly well that most of the wolves she had known were afraid of thunder or lightning or just the general atmosphere, the heavy clouds, the dismal, gray sky. She had never seen anything bad in rain, or in getting her fur wet. Part of her held to the hope that the raindrops would shortly turn into snowflakes. Although by now her paws were more than comfortable with the usual terrain, her heart ached for the deep crisp snows of her former lands. She had no clue how winter was in these lands, but she supposed that with some patience she'd find out. Heavy snowfalls didn't scare her in any way, quite the contrary, they called to her, like some ancestral song.

"I have been out in that weather, yes," she answered, trying to shake the dripping water from her fur. "And you'd be very wise to stay indoors, too. If only for the fact that it's surprisingly cold," she explained patiently. Urma listened to him continue, and nodded once he was done. "Well, if he can trust you it means you're not much of a trouble maker, even in good weather. And I'm Urma, and I'm pleased to meet you, Sirius." She smiled at him, trying to make it as warm as she could, considering the cold had kicked in, at least until her body got used to the temperature inside the den. She looked at her paws, all wet and scratched and scarred, but it wasn't as if she paid any attention to that. She was thinking if Pilot was alright. Wherever he had gone.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

A little bit of water dripped down inside the den and he moved a little bit so that he would avoid the trickle. "I doesn't like the wet." A few days before he'd gotten stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean and had ended up falling in. He was really glad that he was now in a safe, warm, and relatively dry den.

"It is good to meet others from the pack." He said, nodding. "Da sometimes goes out by himself...but sometimes I go with him. I can't go as far as he can...and he can change into a reallllly big wolf sometimes when he wants to. I can't do that either. Can you?" He looked at her evenly, wondering.

[/html]