Young hearts are prone to wander
[html]
OOC Moonstone Lakes

Traveling with Wretch was all good and fine with the girl, but she wanted to explore, to stretch her legs and run, to see the sights. That was what she came here for after all. It was this that had her sneaking off to ride Rhaego in the early morning hours while Wretch was still at sleep. She wore the hawk feathers in her hair today and they streamed behind her in her blonde hair as they galloped along. Rhaego seemed as anxious as she and more than willing to run and stretch his legs. Both girl and horse galloped along happily, Kira unable to help herself as she laughed and chuckled, urging her stallion on with a gentle tap of her heels on his side. He shook out his mane and obliged, whinnying. It wasn’t until they came upon several bodies of water ranging in size from puddles to massive lakes that she ordered her stallion to halt.

She leapt gracefully from his back and patted his neck happily before walking out, gazing in wonder at the world around her. The sunrise reflected back and refracted a million times over. It was…dazzling. Her cold silvery yellow eyes gleamed in the light as her steps brought her closer and closer to the waters edge. Her reflection danced and shimmied before her on the wave and she peered into its surface. Her tawny features grinned back at her, warm and welcoming. She tucked some of her creamy blonde locks behind her ear, her fingers brushing against one of the two vibrant red and brown feathers. Her fingers dropped to the pouch about her neck and she caressed it fondly, hardly aware that she was touching it at all. Its presence brought her warmth and comfort, memories of home and family, of smiling faces and loving words.

She missed them, but she was still certain that leaving them was the best to do for her own self. She longed to see the world, longed desperately for adventure, To see new faces, new places. She grinned again and passed her hand over the water, her reflection dissolving and changing and she withdrew to look on the sunrise. With nothing further she fell to the ground and kneeled, eyes closing and hands in her lap. “Blessed be Father Sun for I look upon a new day. Envelop me in your radiance, guide me and keep myself, my family, and dear Wretch safe so we may see the day pass into night to praise Mother Moon once again.” When she rose she felt refreshed and renewed, and right with the world.

Word Count: 000
table by raze, template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesInput b {color:#ff7172; text-shadow:#2f330a 1px 1px 2px;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Enters the dork :3 / +368!

The scent of water carried strongly upon the cool wind, it's scent both refreshing and calming in contrast to the boys sour mood. A few paces away Buck seemed to stir, lifting his head briefly away from the grass he was located by before lowering it once more and continuing on with his meal. Observing the horses antics a fond smile wormed it's way onto his lips, the young Nishant unable to hide his love for the Stallion despite his best efforts; Buck was the only one who he could trust, the only one he knew for sure wouldn't betray him. It was a simply relationship, he fed and cared for the stallion and in return the horse went with him wherever he went. Stretching his jean coated legs out before him he lifted his arms up and stretched himself out, yawning loudly as his arms fell, hands resting lightly on his lap.

Judging from how light things were now he guessed that they had rested enough, not that he hadn't gotten any sleep. It was near impossibly for him to sleep comfortably outside of his home pack as much as it irritated him to admit as much. Shuffling his legs around he rose and bent down awkwardly to pluck up his leather shoulder bag and slipped the strap over his shoulder. Padding over to Buck he grabbed the stallions reigns and began to lead him in the general direction of the water source, not bothering to mount the buckskin horse and choosing to enjoy the simplicity of stretching his legs and walking beside his only faithful companion.

In silence they moved until the waters scent thickened upon the air and an array of pools spread out before him, the surface seeming to glitter underneath the bright sun. Hesitantly he stepped forward, dipping a white paw a fraction into the water and yanking it back as the liquids cold chill bit at him. Turning himself and Buck to walk around the pool, green eyes fell upon the cream form of a unknown female. Hey he called out without thinking and smiled shyly at the other, realising it was probably strange to call out so suddenly like he had.

<style type="text/css">
.igash2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4c1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4e6f; }
.igash2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.igash2 {margin:0 auto; width:623px; background-color:#6a7895; background-image:url(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9064/o4ynp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d0d3e8; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.igash2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.igash2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC xD

She gazed on the waters with reverence as they reflected a glorious sunrise. It shimmered on the waves, crimson, yellow, and orange; waters of fire. The light tawny girl was a religious one, devoted to the two gods of night and day. She would often gaze into the flames of her campfire by night, seeking the presence of her god, for the sun was a god of fire, destructive, and powerful, worthy of reverence. The moon goddess was more forgiving, a mother, watching over her children by night. “Sleep well Mother Moon.” She said softly before an unfamiliar voice came to call out to her from the distance. She jumped, startled, completely unaware of the silvery Luperci male not far off. She was under the impression it had been just her, Rhaego, and her gods, but she was mistaken. Her head turned sharply to the one who’d called. He was jean clad, and not far from her own age. Her silvery yellow eyes began to trail further down the line as she noticed the horse. She was not dismayed by his informality and soon offered up one of her warm smiles.

Without further delay she approached, her blonde locks flayed out behind her, the hawk feathers ruffled by the breeze. A gold chain about her neck supporting a gold pendant inlaid with a gleaming red stone flashed at her neck. It had been the result of a trade not long past, payment for her gift of leather. She was not often without it, enjoying the blaze of color and life it brought to her two-toned pelt. “Hey, yourself.” She grinned pleasantly. Her eyes fell to the horse not far from him and her smile warmed. “What a lovely animal you have.” She said, admiringly as she looked at Buck. She raised a hand to pat him, but turned her eyes on the grey boy, questioning. “May I?“ In the distance a snort was heard, but the girl did not address it. Her stallion was often moody, especially when she was so near to another of his kind, or even her own. He called out to the other horse from his spot in the grasses. “You must forgive my friend over there, he’s the jealous type.” She giggled as she addressed both boy and horse, uninhibited by the usual caution that Luperci often displayed upon meeting. She was still young to the world, and unbeknownst of its troubles. Her sheltered family life instilling in her a disregard for social norms, and desire for closeness. “I’m Kira by the way,” she offered with another grin, “and that, is Rhaego.” She gestured to young red/brown mustang in the distance.

Word Count: 447

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Geh, sucky post. Will write ya a better one next, i promise @_@ / +373!

Green eyes silently watched the tawny covered girl with mild interest; never before had he encountered someone his own age that wasn't family. Everyone he seemed to cross paths with was either a grandpa or grandma already and prone to lecturing him or looking down upon him because of his age, adults were the most irrational and infuriating thing because of their superiority complexes, always believing they know best and it's their given right to boss and scold young pups as and when they see fit. As he stared he began to feel embarrassed for no logical reason and so he hugged closer to Buck, wanting to hide behind the large stallion, all the while he silently prayed the girl hadn't heard his idiotic 'hey'. Yet luck was not with him and the girls head turned to face him and he groaned internally, feeling stupid and wanting to runaway away and hide. Nervously he watched the other's reaction and as she smiled he too smiled back, although unlike the tawny she-wolfs warm smile he was both goofy and plain funny looking.

Leaning into Buck he cautiously watched the girl approach, shoving his hands into the back pockets of his jeans. As the subject moved quickly to Buck he felt relieved; small talk with girls his own age was scary, but Buck he could talk endlessly about without any trouble or nerves getting in his way. Sure, he's normally pleasant he stepped away from Buck so that the girl could pat him, glaring at the stallion in a silent warning to behave and not show him up. Still smiling like a fool he sneaked a few glances at the girl, noting the gold chain around her neck and the hawk feathers and before he could comment on them his ears flicked back, startled by the other horses call and no in the slightest put at ease by the girls explanation; he was very much aware that horses can be temperamental and would rather avoid being around such a horse if possible. Instead of responding with words he laughed along with the girl, I'm Ahiga and this is Buck. Nice to meetcha, Kira he beamed at the girl, playing with her name in his head.

<style type="text/css">
.igash2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4c1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4e6f; }
.igash2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.igash2 {margin:0 auto; width:623px; background-color:#6a7895; background-image:url(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9064/o4ynp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d0d3e8; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.igash2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.igash2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Sorry for the wait! And your post is just fine Smile

Kira had never known the struggles of life on her own, and it had taken leaving her family for her to realize that it wasn’t as easy as she thought. She was undaunted, however, for she was free to do as she pleased, without worrying over a niece or nephew. It was more fun this way, an adventure ready to be unfurled. She did not know what each new place would bring, the sights, the smells, the wolves. She was more than willing to be caught up in life’s flow, drifted along the current. It was chance that she’d happened upon someone now, and she’d make the most of it. She giggled a moment to see his goofy looking grin, but soon threw a paw to her lips to stifle the chuckle. She did not want him to think her rude. It wasn’t often that she was greeted in such a way. Wretch hardly grinned, and the dog she’d met wasn’t entirely friendly.

She approached the stallion with slow and careful steps, though there was no fear in her whatsoever. As her hand cupped his nose she heard Rhaego snort and she waved the other hand in his direction. The mustang seemed to give up on his protests and turned sullenly away to pick at the grasses. Her eyes darted to Ahiga for the briefest moment in assurance that she had her horse well under control, before turning her attention back to Buck. Her ears swiveled attentively as the boy introduced himself and his horse. She smiled fondly, and stroked his nose. “Well, hello, Buck, what a handsome horse you are.” She cooed in a sweet and soothing voice. She looked up to Ahiga then, still with the same warm grin. Her eyes seemed almost silver in the dawn’s light, the coldest thing about the girl in truth, and it was something she had no power to change. She was often conscious of her eyes, longing for the warm doe brown or burning amber that other wolves sometimes possessed. The color seemed altogether out of place, oh, what she would give to have beautiful amber eyes, the color of her beloved god the Sun. But she was not one to be shy, and her gaze remained upon him.

“Ahiga,” she repeated absently. “What a silly name.” She took in the sight of his lanky, growing body, not the least bit aware of her other hand which was rested on the horse’s snout. It occurred to her that he might take her observation as rude and she quickly corrected herself. “Oh, silly in a good way, I mean!” She said hurriedly. “It suits you.” She turned her face away for fear of a creeping blush. It was the first time she’d been around a male, let alone one her own age and her usual fearless demeanor seemed to be crumbling. “It’s just my name is so plain. Ahiga…Is unique. Really, what I’m trying to say is…I like it.” She turned her face back to the pale boy, peering at him sheepishly from beneath her lashes. Her hand crept up to her neck as if pulled by an unseen force and she caressed the leather pouch that hung there. It rested in the little nook just between her collarbones. She often reached for the pouch in times of discomfort and loneliness. It was the only family she had now out here in the Canadian territory. The pouch served as a container for her great grandmother’s ashes, it had been passed to her with the promise that she would one day set her to rest. Her grandmother had said that her mother had always wanted to travel, but family and tradition had always weighed her down and made her dream nearly impossible. When Kira had approached her family with the intention of leaving it had been gifted to her, so her great grandmother could share all the adventures she was sure to have. It gave the girl comfort that, in a way, she still had family.

Word Count: 673

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
They're so ignorant, they don't understand. You were always longing for a chance, To abandon this wasteland and never have to pretend everything's okay.
Word Count :: 325Sorry 'bout the wait. Works been crazy last couple of weeks @_@

Although he and Buck spent so much time together, the young Nishant was still oblivious to low speech and often communicated with the horse vocally, without caring if his words were understood or not; at the end of the day, Buck tolerated the young hunter's strange treatment and hadn't abandoned him like so many others had. Communication or not, Ahiga loved and trusted Buck. A deep laugh escaped him at Kira's words, “Now don't be giving 'im too many compliments; it'll all go straight to his head” he grinned and looked at the horse, green eyes alight with humour at the stallions expense, shaking his head slightly, causing strands of grey to shake all over the place, he shrugged as if having had a mental conversation with himself, “Never mind, I think it's too late for that anyway. 'Mount of compliments he gets, no doubt has had a big head for awhile now” the innocent grin turned mischievous, “Or at least a long one” he spoke softly, knowing the joke was rather cliché and overused.

The girls voice reciting his name drew his attention away from bulling Buck, ears flicking back and tail falling still behind him in shock almost; sure, he'd been insulted before and often, but no one had described his name as silly. Opening his mouth a fraction to defend himself, the girl elaborated upon her point, the young hunters mouth falling closed as he listened to her explanation and as the misunderstanding was cleared he relaxed, tail once more swaying happily behind him. “I was told me name means something like 'he fights', although I ain't entirely sure if that's true or not” stepping forward to close the space between himself and the girl, he placed a hand lightly upon Buck's neck for reassurance, looking at Kira for a moment. “See, Kira's strange to me. In a good way. Never heard of anyone called Kira before, so it makes you unique”

Image courtesy of Joachim S. Müller

<style>
.RedGliAhi p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.RedGliAhi b {font-family:verdana; color:#c62308; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#987c55 1px 1px 2px;}
.RedGliAhi {background-color:#e7d892; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#060404; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8605/ahiga2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.RedGliAhi .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.RedGliAhi .name {text-align:center; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.RedGliAhi .lyrics {color:#000000; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.RedGliAhi .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Cuteness xD.

She giggled at Ahiga's expense, letting her eyes stray back to the dun colored horse bemusedly. She toyed with his mane a couple moments. Her tawny ears turned in the boys direction and when he jested, softly as it had been, it was overshadowed by her laughter. She burst out in a new torrent of giggles, hand reaching up to cover her muzzle. Whether it was truly so funny didn't matter, for some reason she just couldn't get a hold of herself. Her face reddened with embarrassment with her sudden outburst. The giggle soon subsided and with shining eyes she finally dared to look up at him. She took an interest in his silvery hair for a moment, contemplating how lovely it would be to braid it. She marveled at it, fighting the urge to reach out and touch it as she would have with a member of her family. He seemed to want to object to her words and she looked bashfully to the ground again, prepared to explain them, but he soon relaxed.

Her head tilted subtly at his explanation. “He fights?” She queried. “I wonder what tongue that is?” She shrugged lightly and stroked the ruby at her throat. Her brow was furrowed just the slightest. The crease eased as a hint of movement caught her eye. He was coming moving towards her. As he drew ever nearer a blush crept into her cheeks and she looked sheepishly down at her toes. “Well, that’s a good thing, I think? People shan’t confuse me with anyone else, then.” She shook her head and mustered the courage to look into his eyes. Green, and dazzling. He was all silver and snow. ‘Moon-blessed.’ She thought to herself, and she took comfort in it. When she noticed she was staring so long into his face she turned her head and busied herself with the stallion’s mane again. An ear twitched before she drew her eyes slowly back to him with a passing thought, a grin caught the edges of her muzzle. “Ahiga..." She started. "Could I…braid your hair?”

Word Count: 347

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 353 - He's such a dork at times. Hover for translations :3

Her laughter eased him somewhat, the young lad taking it as an indication that he was doing okay with the whole small talk thing... or making that much of a fool of himself that she was laughing at him. Small things, like her embarrassment, boisterous laughter and the way her eyes flicked to the ground every now and then confused him, the Nishant lad so unused to female company and gestures of the other sex that he'd grown practically ignorant in regards to flirting and understanding a girl and so he couldn't help but over think the girls gestures, comparing them to his own in an attempt to read her. Talk of his name and it's origin distracted him from his thinking and observations, his mind flicking back to memories regarding the question at had seeking an answer for the girl. “Cherokee I believe. A lot of the tribe members speak it.. I can somewhat, but haven't spoken it in ages” he paused, staring into nothing as he contemplated what to say, wanting to show of his language skills a little. “Osiyo, dohitsu?” he said, tripping slightly on the pronunciation, not that she would notice... he hoped.

When she elaborated upon his logic of her name being unique, he laughed, flashing the girl a genuinely wide smile. “Yeah, it's a good thing” he responded, unable to stop himself smiling still. Tilting his head a fraction he waited for her to say something else, taking her staring as if she was trying to choose her words more carefully like he did at times and when the girl did all he could do was responded with, “Huh, sure” green eyes blinking a few times, smile faltering for a second before spreading and widening impossibly. “Have a few here and there already, but go wild?” flicking his eyes over the landscape he looked for somewhere to seat himself, not seeing anywhere he stepped away from pack to an area that looked fairly dry and seated himself cross legged, green eyes looking up to the girl filled with indulgent humour. “Come on then, Kira. Braid me up”.

<style>
.aigasc1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.aigasc1 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aigasc1 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.aigasc1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5344/ahigascroll.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.aigasc1 .inner {margin:95px 135px 15px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:355px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Again so sorry for the wait, I‘ll get faster at this I promise. I just started working again a month or two back and it‘s not a set schedule so I work different hours every week, just trying to adjust.

Kira watched him intently as he seemed lost in thought for a few moments, noting every twitch of his silvery brows. When he finally spoke up she perked her ears in interest. “Tribe members?” She queried softly, her brows creasing in the slightest. “You do not live alone, then?” The question was more observation than anything else. The girl looked around them once. There was no one but the two of them at the present, she wondered where he had come from. “It’s been such a long time since I’ve been amongst more of our kind, can you tell me about your tribe?” She paused a moment and shook her head. “I’m sorry to ask you so many questions Ahiga, I just feel like I’ve been alone for so long.” In truth it hadn’t been all that long, but the girl was young yet, and this was her first venture out on her own without anyone from her family to accompany her. She had to set up her own camp, hunt for herself, and provide and care for her horse. This world was all so new to her as was it’s occupants, and by night it was just her and her horse. Thank the gods she’d yet to meet any of the land’s darker occupants. She’d be all too easy of a target with her friendly nature and maiden‘s innocence.

When he spoke the strange tongue she listened intently, giggling with delight. “What did that mean?” She asked with a wag of her tail. She found she was no longer hiding away from the boy before her, no longer did her gaze stray earthward, but for the few moments here and there when their eyes met. She felt quite comfortable with the lanky, silver haired youth, though strangely self-conscious. Her family often remarked on how pretty their little girl was, but she just wasn’t so sure. She was all dun and cream, not moon-touched like the boy before her, nor the deep russet of her elder brother. Her fur seemed so plain in comparison, so ordinary, but if there was one thing she did like about herself it was her hair. It was a lustrous golden blonde the reached far down below her shoulder blades. She groomed it daily, brushing away the tangles, sometimes braiding a strand here, tying in a red-tailed hawk feather there. It was voluminous, and framed her face nicely when the wind stilled. Her fingers strayed to her hair in her moment of thought and she found herself twirling a strand idly between nimble fingers.

The boy seemed a bit taken aback at first by her out of the blue request, but seemed to find his smile again soon enough. Her tail wagged in response, and she found herself following close behind as he seated himself on a rock for her convenience. She reached for the silvery strands with some hesitation, but once her fingers finally found it she tousled it gently. It occurred to her that she had nothing to tie it with and she quickly darted off towards her pack where she had left it. She was back soon enough, and with her comb as well. She worked the tines through the back of his hair a few times, careful not to snag. Her fingers were dexterous and set to work with skill and familiarity. She found a braid on either side of his head, undoing the ends in order to work them together towards the back of his head. Once she joined one to the other she continued the braid until its length was spent. She marveled at the way the strands caught the light, and tied it off at the end. When she was done she took a couple steps back to admire her handiwork. It was much neater this way, but she had a sneaking suspicion the boy liked his hair a bit disheveled, so she’d made the braid a bit loose. “There, all done.” She said admiringly.

Word Count: 000

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]