The Atlantic was born today
[html]

wc 406

The sun was shining brightly, once and a while obstructed by clouds that passed overhead. The dark wolfess laid on the warm sand of the beach. Her sleek neck held her head aloft, yet her eyes were covered by black lids. Savina hadn't been to this part of the lands before, and it was quickly becoming her favorite spot. The bright sun washed over her, illuminating the brown imperfections in her coat that were often invisible. The sky warmed her from above, and the sand from below. Slowly her lids drew back, revealing brilliant emerald eyes, bright as fires. They looked at the small part of the ocean in front of her. It was a small inlet, but just because it was small did not make the beach and the water any less beautiful.

The Italian girl looked out across the water, the bright orb in the sky making it shimmer like a blanket full of diamonds. She took a deep breath of the salty breeze that blew in from the east, letting it fill her lungs and her mind. The wolf had come to love the ocean, even more than she had before she had come to this continent. One might think that the ordeal she went through on her journey here would've made her frightened of the sea, but it had done quite the contrary. It had only deepened her respect and appreciation for it. After all, it had delivered her, relatively unharmed, to this new land. She had new friends, a new pack, a new life. The new Pyxis of Twilight Vale would have none of those things without the ocean, and she loved it for that.

With one swift movement she was up and running gracefully towards the water. A large spray of sea sprung up as the sable lady splashed into the salt water, droplets making the light dance before her jade eyes. Savina waded in a ways, letting the ocean wash her pelt. The wolfess stood there for a few moments, feeling the motion of the waves as they flooded in and out of the little inlet. Satisfied for the moment, she walked back to the sand, shaking herself and sending sea water everywhere. The female could feel the salt cling to her fur, it felt good. With that she lowered herself back down to the sand, crossing her front legs, continuing to take in the beauty of this place.
[/html]
WC:408

He was an adult, finally. To him it felt amazing to walk around on two leggs like the majority of his pack members. Die had been a luprici, Lucifer and Duece were luprici, so where his brothers and now so was he thanks to his father. The sun beat down on his black coat and he almost cursed the clothing his father had given him, a white t-shirt and creamy brown knee-length shorts which looked like they were cut wiht human tools from pants. He panted slightly as he walked into the shade of the forest, the sun seemed less cruel here. "Why wasn't I born with Taka's color?!" He growled aloud.

His blood parents had been killed by rouge wolves...bloodthirsty. Jazper had made it a point to call them by thier first names to dull the pain. Of course the young male was very happy with his life so far: He had been adopted by Dierdre Rhiannon, taken her last name, escaped a close kill by the fire, was re-adopted by Duece Rhiannon and Lucifer Sawtooth, learned to read before Duece was kicked out, and had gone hunting a few times now. He was slowly becoming a valued member of the pack.

As he wandered aimlessly through the woods he let out a sigh. This was home and it was beautiful. He took his white shirt off in atempts to keep cool. He flung the shirt over his should being stuck carrying it due to lacking a bag. He took notice of everything new to him that he had missed in his wolf form, he could see much more a this height if his hair stayed out of his face long enough. His black fur had grown on the top between his ears, becoming a pain in the ass as he recived, what he had read in a human hairstyle book, what had been called surfer bangs. The hung close to eye level, slightly blocking his view until he swept them to the side. 'Note to self: got to town and cut back annoying hair!' suddenly he glimpsed a figure, a black she-wolf around a small body of water seemingly part of the ocean. He aproched the beach feeling the sand hot on his feet and clearing his throat he spoke, "Savina?" He knew the ladies name simply because she was part of his pack, they had rarely spoken, only in passing.
[html]

wc 352

The girl was so absorbed in the sights and smells before her that she didn't even hear her packmate approach. The ocean was like a hypnosis tool to the Italian wolf, it could suck her in, make her oblivious to all else around her. It was a good thing she was in the pack lands, outside of them such a thing could be dangerous. Although she had yet to encounter any 'real' part of the war that was going on, not being alert outside of the Vale would not be safe. Not until she heard her name spoken behind her did the sable wolf know she had company. As she turned her head she saw the young male luperci behind her. If it weren't for his smell she wouldn't have recognized Jazper. Savina had seen him around the house and such, but never in his shifted form. "Jazper? I hardly knew you. This is the first I've seen you shifted" The wolf had gotten used to the fact that many here spent the majority of their time in their bipedal form. She was a luperci herself, however with the lifestyle her family had she never shifted from her normal shape.

The sleek female stood up and shook her pelt, turning her body to face the boy. A soft smile flowered on her muzzle.
"I'm sorry we haven't really gotten a chance to talk before now. I'm glad you found me here, maybe we can get to know each other better." Her tail wagged happily behind her. Green eyes noticed how his shirt was thrown over his shoulder. It was a hot day, especially for the likes of jet colored wolves like themselves. "Hot isn't it. Days like this is when wolves like us have it hard." Savina's slender body turned back to the water and looked back at Jazper, a light in her jeweled orbs. "Come take a dip in the ocean with me. It's quite refreshing. It feels a lot different than freshwater." And with that she was charging back into the spray, waiting for the young adult to join her.

[/html]
WC: 413

As the she wolf spoke he listened, not wanting to give her a bad impression. 'Maybe I should have shifted before I approached her.' He thought awkwardly. "Jazper? I hardly knew you. This is the first I've seen you shifted. I'm sorry we haven't really gotten a chance to talk before now. I'm glad you found me here, maybe we can get to know each other better." It amused him slightly that she barely recognized him in his new form. He was proud that he was in the adult ranks and had an adult body like Lucifer. "Yep, well I just became an adult so now I can shift, thanks to Lucifer." He suddenly realized the she-wolf wouldn't know his history and relations.

As far as she could be concerned he might as well be the child to any of the females she had seen. He gave a sigh, it seemed he would spend his entire life explaining his relationships within the pack. "I was born to two lone wolves who were killed by a group of blood thirst rouge wolves. I ran until I found a pack, Jaded Shadows, where Dierdre Rhiannon adopted me, making my Pilot Hadden's adoptive son as well. when the fire hit I met up with Duece, Dierdre's mum, and Lucifer but Dierdre never returned. Luckily, her two newborns, Apllo and Sirius, survived. Duece and Lucifer took me in as thier own son and raised me and the two pups along with Noah and Tal. So technically I have two fathers, a missing mother, a mother who is now a lone wolf, and four adoptive brothers, two of which are the uncles of the later two." He gave a smile as he thought about his odd connections. "Duece taught me to read before she was kicked out and Lucifer's been teaching me to hunt." He explained further."Since I was born a non-shifter, Lucifer gave me the blood."

Hot isn't it. Days like this is when wolves like us have it hard. Come take a dip in the ocean with me. It's quite refreshing. It feels a lot different than freshwater." He watched as Savina ran into the water. Did he even know how to swim? The thought quickly passed as he dropped his t-shirt on the sand and ran in making a bigger splash. It was cool and refreshing on his hot skin. Suddenly he was thankful that the black female had been around.
[html]

wc 332

The female's head reeled from the younger male's long explanation of his relations. She had had a very small family herself, it was hard to imagine having so many parents and adoptive parents and siblings and such. It made her think about her siblings. Wondering how they were, if they were still alive. She hoped they were, even though she doubted even more than ever that she would ever set eyes upon them again. "That's quite the extended family you have there. It must be kind of nice to have so many though. My mother died before I came here and I haven't seen either my brother or sister for a very long time."

Savina was unaware of the changing of a non-shifter to a shifter. Most wolves in Europe were luperci, and most spent all their time in their bipedal forms. Her pack was the exception instead of the rule. Living as she had she knew very little of the specifics of being a shifter. "A non-shifter can be turned into one? I didn't know that. Even though I am a shifter I lived my whole life as a regular wolf. I've only changed forms once in my whole life." The moment after she said that last sentence she felt embarrassed. With most of the wolves here spending quite a bit of time in their shifted forms, she was afraid they would view her reluctance to shift a weakness, or something to be looked down upon. But she supposed if anyone would be more understanding it would be Jazper, since he just became able to change forms.

The onyx female laughed a bit as the boy jumped into the water after her, making a large splash. "Feels good doesn't it? Its pretty shallow in this inlet too, so we shouldn't really have to swim." She used her tail to splash a bit of water at Jazper playfully. A mischievous smirk on her slender muzzle and a twinkle in her emerald orbs.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: OMG o.o Would you belive I totaly thought I replied properly until I was doing dishes at work and I randomly thought abotu this thread and was like "Why hasn't she replied!.....Ohhhhhhhh !!!!!" XD

WC:503

"That's quite the extended family you have there. It must be kind of nice to have so many though. My mother died before I came here and I haven't seen either my brother or sister for a very long time." He smiled as he tredded the clear water as best he could. "Ya it's kinda nice I guess. I mean, there's always somthing going on I don't know about. A brother in trouble, a parent in a fight, and what not." He laughed slightly. His parents always faught, that would be why Duece was no longer living in the pack. "Only problem is that everyone's so spread out. Mum's gone..somewhere, dad's out hunting or visiting people, Noah, Tal, and Apollo always seem to disapear and Sirius is in another pack with Pilot. I haven't seen eihter of them in months." He sighed.

The thought of Savina's monther dying reminded him of Taka. "My real mom, Taka, died when I was real small. She was a buautiful white wolf these calm and loving yellow eyes. She was always so sentimental and took everything and everyone as they are. Ares, my dad...now he was a real character. He was large, like huuugggee." He giggled and exstended his arms as wide as they would go, "He was a fighter and a hunter. He ran everyday to stay strong. Mum always said he'd over work himself one day. He had this was of moving that was just flawless, and this look with his grey eyes that he would give threats to us that would make them shake." He seeed to be remembering his past, somthing he had refused to do until that point. "You know I never realy knew what part's of them I was made up of. After all, noone I know know's them."

"A non-shifter can be turned into one? I didn't know that. Even though I am a shifter I lived my whole life as a regular wolf. I've only changed forms once in my whole life. Feels good doesn't it? Its pretty shallow in this inlet too, so we shouldn't really have to swim." He nodded quickly, "Yep, you just have to share enough blood to get the shifter blood into you." He looked at her with understanding eyes. Sometimes just being a plain old wolf was less confusing. He splashed her back and yipped, "Savina, do you think it's ...wrong, to like learning about humans. I mean noone else seems that interested in them but, I just love lookin' at the things they made, reading thier books and learning how they lived." He felt like he was the only wolf on the planet that seemed to want to knwo more about thies beings. they seemed to work relativly the same way werewolf packs did, like his pack did. Sometimes he wished he had been born before they died off so he could watch them instead of just discovering new things every day and trying to read through a book.

[/html]
[html]

Hahaha. That's funny. XD
wc 536

She nodded her head at the friendly young male, it must be hard to have your family so spread out. Her family may have been small, but at least for a while they were always together. After one year Ehno had left, and not too terribly long after that Ghita had disappeared. Then just a little over a month ago her mother died. Savina wondered what it was like, having parents fighting. She had really only ever had the one parent, her mother. "I imagine that would get pretty frustrating at times. I guess the bright side is that you have family most places you'd go though. At least with Sirius and your mother." That was the one thing about this wolfess, she tried her best to always look for the positive. The "sunnier side of life" some might say. Of course sometimes it didn't come easy, she had the dark parts of her being and her past that could easily bring her down. But for the most part the jet femme was an optimistic being.

Her smile widened at Jazper's description of his biological parents. She was happy that he was able to talk about them and not feel sad. The Italian girl was getting closer to that point when she talked about her mother, but the loss was still fairly fresh. From the sound of it he had lost them when he was pretty young, not that that necessarily made a difference. It just had given him more time to heal. Also he had some loving surrogate parents, so that probably really helped as well. "They sound like quite the pair. Its a shame you didn't get to spend more time with them. And I'm sorry that you don't really have anyone you can talk to who knew them. But its good to talk about them anyway. That way you'll never forget them." Savina thought it was really important that you remembered where you came from and who you loved even if they were gone.

"Savina, do you think its...wrong, to like learning about humans." It wasn't a question she had to think about. "No Jazper, I don't think its wrong at all. Actually I think its important to know about them. Back in Italy I was taught about the human culture and history that was there, even though we didn't live like the other civilized wolves. I learned about the Roman Empire that took place a long, long time ago. I saw the ruins of the some of the structures they built. I think its important that we learn about them so we don't make the same mistakes that they did." It was true, as a child she had lapped up all the stories about the Romans. About their culture and their beliefs. Their mythologies. It had all fascinated her. "But at the same time we need to remember that we are not them. There's nothing wrong with learning about them, and taking some of their practices as our own. Yet at the same time we can't forget what we are. Where we came from. How things were before the humans died. There just has to be a balance, like with all things."

[/html]
WC: 376

His fur was wet, flat against his body as the water raised then lowered in small waves with a soft breeze. He took a deep breath and released with a smile.The sun seemed a meer problem of the past as he wadded in the water with his pack mate. He could see why his brothers were found of her, why she was the pup sitter. He almost wished she had been around when he was younger, when the pack first formed. He was thankful he was growing fast but, he sometimes missed his carefree days running around before Jaded Shadows, before Twilight vale. He broke form his thoughts and listened intently to the older she-wolf. Happy for the company.

He nodded at the statement about his family, "Ya, I guess it's kinda hard. I don't see many of them often." His mouth twisted into a smile, "Do you always look at things on the bright side? I mean, ya if I ever run away I'll have somewhere to go." He stuck his tounge out playfully. She talked about his parents and he flinched, "Ya...to bad eh? I guess it's hard to forgeth them. I've tried but whenever I do something I think, what would the say, how would they feel? My grandmother once said I was a perfect balance. Said I had mum's soft eyes which would some day beam with wisdom, I would grow up and look just as handsom and strong as my dad, i'd be a natural force to be recond with with dad's courage and strong spirit, and yet i'd be able to look at life with a gentle hand, with the love of Taka...." He trailed off. Was he these things? He shook his head and returned to his usual happy face as he thought of Rome, " Must have been great in Rome...." suddenly he felt compeled to tell this wolfess a secret, "
I've been thinking that once i'm older, with more experience and some more conections, I'd star my own pack close by."
He wsn't sure if he could be an alpha, if he would ever be able to leave his home behind, if he could leave Naniko and Lucifer....he loved the adults who had raised him.
[html]

A hearty laugh came from her throat when the younger male asked if she always looked on the bright side of things. "Well, not always. But I do make an effort to do it as best I can. I think it tends to make life better. And the bad parts of it more bearable." Savina felt bad that her comment about his birth parents made Jazper flinch. It hadn't been her intention to put salt in that old wound. Time couldn't heal all wounds. Sometime it could only numb the pain. The dark wolf appeared to recover from it quickly though. "Well, I know I've only just met you, however from what I can see any parent would be proud to have you as a son." The femme smiled kindly at him, tail swishing below the surface of the water.

Floating as the waves ebbed and flowed, she listened to Jazper's idea for his future. The two year old was only just getting to know the yearling, but as of now she saw no reason why he wouldn't be able to lead a pack in the future. And it wasn't at all a bad thing to aspire to. "That would be quite the achievement. I'd be impressed and happy for you if it comes true. I've never been the leader type, but you seem like you might have the makings of one. I imagine it would be a really fulfilling thing to create and lead a pack." Part of her wondered what that would be like. But for the most part it didn't interest her. Savina was really happy here in Twilight Vale. She couldn't imagine leaving it and the friends she had here.

[/html]