revelations in the light of day
[html]

[579]
02.03.12 . 9.30am . Balcony of Guest House . Optime Form

Nerves had set in the male just a few short hours after he'd released the white bird, a letter strapped to one of his legs. Saul had long ago decided he would be able to use his bird to send letters home to Eclipse and maybe Neela and Jace, but he'd yet to put these thoughts into actions. He'd written the letter a few days ago and he'd been trying to figure out how to send the bird back to Ichika. It had taken a bit of work, but Saul eventually thought that the bird understood a bit of what he was saying. Eir was intelligent and he'd picked up on the words 'mountain pack' and 'brown cousin' that he'd managed to piece together to mean Saul's cousin. Eirias' very limited high speech would have to be worked on and Saul thought he should work on some low speech to meet the bird half way at least. Neela had proclaimed to have been able to teach him some high speech and the male had included a letter for the red and white woman in the small package he'd sent to Eclipse.

The young man had woken early this morning, extracting himself from the heaps of furs on the bed he shared with his son. It wasn't a long walk to find some water and the man washed himself thoroughly before setting off on a run. His location may have changed, but there was still that ingrained need to wash and expel some energy early in the morning. Saul was always an early riser, a true lark but not so much an owl. He'd made it to the Sugarwoods before he remembered the growing boy in his room and began to stalk a rabbit. Temeraire was growing quickly and he'd moved on to solid, warm meat now. It took the man a few failed attempts to catch the tricky rabbit,but he snapped the animals neck swiftly and painlessly. It had taken him about half an hour to reach the house once more, where he found Temeraire pottering around the upstairs, trying to work up the nerve to ask if Elias could come and play.

The young Stormbringer had sat down and shared the rabbit with his son, who hadn't yet mastered the art of ripping away the fur. He ended up with tufts of rabbit fur around his mouth, his amused face chuckling merrily. Today, he was going to build an outside perch for the bird that should be returning soon. He'd managed to scrape together some sort of inside perch for the bird, but Saul wasn't too keen on having his sleeping quarters tainted by bird poo. Instead, Eirias would be given an outdoor perch where he would be able to come and go as he pleased. He'd found a reasonable sized couple of logs that would help, with a few smaller branches for support at the bottom. Informing Temeraire where he was going, and whether the boy wanted to join him (he answered that he wanted to play with Eli and he'd stay where he was) Saul made it out to the balcony, logs in his arms. He had no nails, but he'd figured that some sort of slotting mechanism might work as well as a good few strips of strong leather to bind it all together. Dropping the logs over in the corner of the balcony, Saul straightened and began to make some kind of plan.

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXT {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXT .quote {
height:200px;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXT .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:50px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXT p.sieImage {
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXT .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXT b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

I suck and can’t remember if the kidlets were supposed to be present, but then your post told me. XD alsoooooo I’m SUPPOSED to be studying for my midterm on Thursday but I miss Ezra ;___; I need to actually post with him once in a while >___> And since it would make sense, I’m assuming they’ve already met XD

Ezra’s had been spinning and whirring for the past two months. Everything was all so new and exciting, and there was never a dull moment when it came to his living situation. Eli was growing every day and more curious about the world. His innocence for the most part had remained intact and the boy was turning into someone that made his father very proud. Ezra’s russet son was intelligent, intuitive, and receptive to the world around him. Ezra shook his head when he realized the boy was over seven months old now. It seemed like years ago he was born, so much had changed since then.

Ezra had been keeping to himself for the past couple days since the arrival of Lilin’s relative. They had met and had some small talk, but the more important thing was that Eli finally had a playmate of his own. The two pups, despite their age difference, were becoming fast friends. In fact, Ezra was alone most of the time because Eli spent more time with his new friend than with his father. Despite the secui’s loneliness he was happy for his son to get some normal socialization. He was far more mature for his age than he should be; he was raised by adults, and wolves his own age were rare.

The hulking secui had stayed in his room for the majority of the morning, but wanted fresh air. Normally the male would have gone on a run, but he felt lazy. Ezra barely visited the balcony anyway. He left his room and briskly trotted up the steps. When he arrived at the landing, he was pleasantly surprised to see the newcomer hard at work. The man smiled, saying a quick “Hey, Saul, right?” to the ashy stranger, curled tail wagging on his back.

<style>
.ezratable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ezratable-01 b {color:#dcdbb0;}
.ezratable-01 {background-color:#5f5a3b; border:2px solid #fefefe; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[398]
hehe, no problem hun. I'm taking a break from assignments, because otherwise my brain will essploddddeeeee!!!!

Creamy paws lay easily on his hips as he stepped back, contemplating his next move. His mind was already a few steps ahead of what was actually in front of him and he knew he needed to slow down and actually start this little mini-project before he went ahead to making it look pretty. He knew it would make his life easier to start at the bottom of this whole construction- making a solid base for the perch to stand on would be his best bet. Lowering himself to the floor, he began to gather the bits of wood that would make the base of his perch. He'd decided on a tripedal sort of design, with the larger stem of the perch being supported by three smaller bits of wood to support the whole thing. He would need to cut slits in the wood and shape the end of the wooden slats to allow them to fit seamlessly in the slots allocated for them.

Cinnamon-backed ears flashed back as the sound of claws on the concrete of the balcony reached them. Pupils dilated as he looked up, the bright sunshine causing them to shrink. He saw the Secui wolf and felt a familiar twist of nerves in his gut. Saul had been here for about a week now, but he hadn't yet got to the stage where he was completely comfortable with all of the inhabitants and while he couldn't say he didn't feel safe, there was a certain twinge in his gut that told him he wasn't entirely secure in these holdings quite yet. He knew he'd get there, and Teme seemed more than happy to jump straight into what Saul assumed would be a lasting friendship with the other young canine here. Saul was pleased the two had jumped into this easy friendship. Deep vocals caused Saul to look up into Ezra's face, an easy smile on his lips.

Yeah, Saul. And you're Ezra, right? How are you this morning?

He asked, voice jovial and welcoming. He was acutely aware that this was Ezra's home before it was Saul's and he wondered if anyone would have a problem with him building a perch for his bird in the corner of the balcony. I hope you don't mind, I was going to build a perch for my bird in the corner... He said, uncertainty colouring his tone.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

The creamy wolf seemed pleasant enough. He was polite, which the secui appreciated. Introductions were exchanged and Ezra gave his new acquaintance a smile. He still seemed nervous around the property, but the husky knew that would change soon. This was a welcoming place the hybrid knew, and so long as the Stormbringer didn’t bring any problems into the house they would all get along fine.

Ezra smiled and nodded at his name. “I’m doing well. I’m happy to see the weather turning around finally,” When the tawny male mentioned a bird, Ezra’s ears perked up in curiosity. “I don’t mind at all, butI’d probably check with Barry first just in case. I’m sure he’d be fine with it though. What type of bird do you have?” This newcomer reminded the loner of his once-upon-a-time interest in owning a raven, but that was so long ago. Ezra had both his horse and son to care for now, another creature under his care probably wouldn’t be a good idea.

[/html]