Standing Strong
[html]

OOC Mar 3

Word Count :: +000

Lilith had been delivered to Angel, leaving Amy with three pups to kill. Gabriel Douglas and Arianne weren't sure what to make of the change in their mother. She'd been so attentive, so protective, now was trying to put distance between them, feedings becoming erratic, trying to avoid touching them to calm them. She had a map in her hand of the tunnel system that Naniko had been so proud of, and was setting off to explore that. If she was going to stay here she'd best know the area. Her movement was slow, the pups curled up in her satchel. Occasionally one whimpered, only to be met by a fierce growl. There were no more excuses for her to care for them.

Amy sat down, leaning against the cold earth around her. She could see why the wolves liked it, the complexity of the paths and the darkness around them. It spoke to the part of her that loved disaster, taking pleasure in watching blood run over the ground. Her eyes closed, body still adjusting from being pregnant. It was only a few minutes before she was asleep in the tunnel, the pups nuzzling up to her, accepting the gentleness that she only gave when unaware.

<

Table by Alex

<style>
.AmyBebbeh { background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5479/try1k.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:400px 0px 10px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:2px solid silver; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AmyBebbehText {padding:10px; border: 4px #000; background:#747677; color:#000; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%; width:600px; margin: 0 auto;}
.AmyBebbehText p{ opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbehText b{color:#babdbe; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.AmyBebbeh p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.AmyBebbeh .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60);}
.AmyBebbeh .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; opacity: 0.4; filter: alpha(opacity = 40);}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Ayasha was inside her and Liam’s den, working on a simple map of the cave system. She had been in the caves earlier in the day and had done careful exploring, making sure she memorized the twists and turns in the particular area. She would then go back to her rooms and draw the area she had just been. This one was more for her practice than for anyone else to see, except Liam.

She and Liam had reached an understanding about them having pups. They would at least try to have them and she would only hope that she was ready for them if and when the time came for her to become pregnant. She was pretty sure she wasn’t had a feeling it would be awhile until she became pregnant. She was pretty sure that the two of them weren’t quite old enough have kids yet.

Someone sitting down not too far from her cave however interrupted her thoughts. Her ears perked up and she carefully put down her piece of charcoal and went to see who or what was there. The person that she saw surprised her. Amy? And she was pregnant or had just given birth? What was going on here? ”Amy? Are you alright?” Her voice was soft but concerned. Though she wasn’t entirely certain who she was concerned for.
Amy woke up at the soft voice, instinctively pulling her pups close to protect them. Douglas squirmed free, his tiny black form bounding over to Ayasha. Immediately she reached out, snatching him back. Whether or not this member she hadn't met before was friendly or not didn't matter. Amy didn't trust anyone with her pups, even if she was planning on killing them. With the pups scooped back into the satchel she actually took the time to look up and see who it was she was dealing with. A small pure white female stood before her, very young and innocent.

I'm fine. Surprised to see someone like you here, but I'm fine. Carefully she straightened up. At her full height she stood above the young one, if not by a lot. Her sharp eyes raked over her body, taking in the caring air about her and the uncertainty. She certainly didn't seem to belong in this pack of dark souls. What brings someone like you here? You certainly don't seem like the vicious type. Maybe it was over stereo typing, but so far everyone she'd met in the pack had reacted violently towards her in one way or another. Not that she could blame them.
Her voice apparently woke the woman up and it seemed that Amy didn’t quite recognize her. A young pup came to investigate and his mother swooped him up. She raised her eyebrow since she didn’t think that Amy would be so protective. Yet there was something off with how she handled her pups.

But Amy soon recognized her, or at least that’s what Ayasha hoped. Why was that everyone was surprised that she would be here? Was it all that bad that she wanted to join a pack where they would accept everyone, even those with troubled pasts? Apparently it was a shock to everyone that knew her to be here.

Amy then asked what she was doing here and Ayasha paused. She wasn’t sure how much she should tell this strange woman that she had only met once before, and that was so Ayasha could get a horse. She decided to be honest but not get into too much detail. ”My mate needed to leave his pack and I wanted to be with him. So we joined Anathema since I knew someone here.” She shifted her feet slightly. ”What brings you here? If you don’t mind me asking.” She wanted to be friendly but didn’t know if the other female would be rude or not.
Ayasha's response drew a cold smile from Amy. So her mate did something fairly bad. Love was a troublesome thing. One couldn't control it. She had to wonder if Ayasha knew the true extent of her mate's crimes, or had been protected from that to preserve her innocence. She certainly had that sweet air around her, even if it was lesser than Kiara's had been when Amy had first met the snowy wolf. The protective manner suggested that Ayasha knew how much she didn't belong, the uncomfortable air of others recognizing someone who didn't belong.

Of course, Amy wasn't much better. She wasn't a true pack member, simply someone granted the pack's protection in exchange for the services she could provide. I came because Naniko offered me a place of refuge if I ever need one in exchange for information. I needed a safe place to deliver my pups and she provided. Amy left out the disappointment and sorrow that came with the birth out of it. Sick pups were no fun, as it spelled their death. From the bag quiet coughing could be heard. There was nothing Amy could do to fix it, nothing anyone could do. All she could do was make sure to not get attached and kill them as soon as possible so they wouldn't besmirch her name.
[html]
AYASHA
The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head

I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead

I still see your reflection inside of my eyes

That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life
Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Ayasha saw Amy’s cold smile and frowned in response. What did the female know about her mate, or anyone in general? It seemed like not even her pups got her affection. But she did realize the extent of her mate’s crimes. Oh, did she know. Especially since Skye told her and she was pretty sure that the Cercatori d’Arte alphess hated her mate. Though she didn’t entirely blame them since he was a murderer.

Her gaze became more curious at Amy’s words. ”What kind of information?” Though she was pretty sure that the other female would most likely not tell her. Or else send her on the favor that she owed for the purchase of Ahuli. Not that Ayasha really felt like reminding her. But she would do it if she was asked.

She heard some coughing from the bag that Amy had put her children into and Ayasha gave her a concerned look. ”Are they OK?” She had a sinking feeling about the pups in the bag. Yet it wasn’t like she was up to caring for any pups. She was entirely sure that she was ready for pups. The want for them did not equal the readiness for them.

Image courtesy of Jorge Orte Tudela

<style>
.SS15141211_Ayasha .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha b {font-family:verdana; color:#262110; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha {background-color:#483a1e; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8247/ayasha.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:265px 0px 10px 0px; border:2px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha .name {text-align:center; font-family:fantasy; color:#283115; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:5px;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:braggadocio; color:#636b15; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:8px;}
.SS15141211_Ayasha .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:cursive; color:#747c5a; font-size:10px; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
To say that Amy was confident with her place in life was an understatement. She was a queen in this world, and made sure everyone knew it. While technically in the lowest rank of the pack Amy still demanded a respect from the other members that was hard to deny with her natural dominant air and sharp demeanor. Why she had been taken in when this was a part of her nature was a mystery, but Amy simply accepted it as her birthright, part of her nature that allowed her to act so differently from others. Ayasha's frown of distaste meant nothing compared to what Amy was and could hold within herself.

Asked what information Amy shrugged. The usual sort of course. Leaders, the plans the packs have, what supplies they have and need, their opinion on the pack. I can get information of other kinds as well, of course, such as the layout of the land and where prey is located, but my specialty isn't needed for that. It was for the information that she could ring from pack members that allowed her in this pack. Ayasha's curiosity towards her pups had Amy pulling them up protectively, hand reaching in to settle them. They're fine. Just sick. They would die. Her eyes said that as they met Ayasha's gaze, the cold truth that she refused to speak reflected inside them.
Ayasha had a more dismal outlook on Amy. She thought that the female was overly cruel and liked to misuse any power she was given, even if that power was only given to her by herself. Not that Ayasha would ever say that out loud. Actually…when she was younger she might have. But she had realized that there was a time and place for saying things and also for not saying these types of things. Her mind would flashback to her encounters with Dawali’s sister and her dislike of Ayasha’s constant questions.

She sometimes wondered what would have happened if her mother hadn’t stood up for her to Chitsa. It was likely that the older woman would try and make her less curious. And Ayasha wasn’t sure that she would have like how that would happen. Not that she could think of any possibilities.

Ayasha listened to the light gold female politely as she explained what sort of information Amy had to give to Naniko but her blue eyes kept drifting towards the bag with the pups in it. Amy explained that her pups were fine and that they were only sick. But her eyes told Ayasha that they would die. And she was pretty certain that Amy wasn’t going to do anything about it. ”Is there something I can do to help?” Not that she expected Amy to agree.
Ayasha's focus on the pups did not make Amy happy in the slightest. She drew the satchel closer to her, hackles slightly raised protectively. Nobody would touch her pups. She would protect them from every threat, real or imagined. Right now, in her mind, Ayasha was the threat. She probably wanted to take the pups away from Amy, assuming that she wasn't a good mother, and end up harming them because she was too young and inexperienced. All of them underestimated her. None of them seemed to think Amy was good for anything, and she hated it. Brown eyes flashed with a cold maliciousness seen by few.

How dare they! Their leader had specifically approached her and asked her to join, yet they disrespected her in such a manner. The pups are fine. They'll get better on their own. They wouldn't be worthwhile if they were the kind of weaklings that died from something like this. Unfortunately Amy knew they wouldn't get better. With her limited medical knowledge Amy had determined that it was something deadly, and even more experienced medics probably couldn't help them. What Ayasha thought she could do for them was beyond the trader.
OOC: Can we end with your post?

IC: Ayasha wasn’t quite sure what she did wrong but she apparently made Amy angry. The female wolf’s eyes flashed with something extremely scary and Ayasha took a step back from her. She hadn’t meant to upset the other female and had only wanted to help with the obviously sick pups. She didn’t care how the pups got that way; she simply wanted to make sure they were OK.

Her hackles rose in slight anger in response to Amy’s response. ”I’m sorry if I insulted you for caring about your pups. Next time I see you, I won’t inquire about how you or anyone close to is doing.” So she was upset but she figured that the trader simply didn’t care. In fact, she might find it amusing that she managed to get this riled up by her attitude. Well, Ayasha could care less about that.

She didn’t want to have anything to do with Amy anymore but she was still bound by her promise to do her a favor in exchange for a horse. So Ayasha said, ”What is the favor you want me to do in exchange for the horse you traded with me? I’d like to get that done with.” There was a slight undertone of “I want to be done with dealing with you” but she really didn’t give a hoot if Amy realized it or got mad because of it.
Sure. Just assume that Ayasha taught her what she knows?

Fear came from Ayasha for a second, pleasing Amy to see. She still held power, even if not everyone was aware of it. The anger that lashed off the innocent meant nothing to her. Her lips curled, not wanting anyone to ask how she or anyone else she knew was doing. If they were asking that they were prodding for weaknesses. Amy didn't have any that she was going to show off. If Ayasha didn't ask that was actually an improvement. The request to have the favor cashed in held Amy's pause for a moment. She preferred they remained in her debt so she could use them.

Amy did have a good reason to use the favor now though. Ayasha had been in this pack longer than she had. Amy needed that information, be able to navigate with confidence through Anathema. There is a way you can repay me. I'm still rather new to this pack. Tell me everything you know about it. If you're able to help me learn the cave system that would be extremely useful as well. No more wandering around lost for her. The pups were fast asleep again, and Amy stood up, waiting patiently for Ayasha's answer.