Phoenix Rising
OOC: posting order first is

Iskata
Hel
Deuce
(everyone else follow however you want, we'll give the okay for everyone else to post after the three develop their leadership setup. Smile )

IC

Iskata had spent much time along the old dirt road. She'd spent days in the old cottage cleaning out the dust and debre of time and what the woodland creatures had left as they'd tried to move in. The presence of the wolf in their mists made the other residence decide to pack up and move rather quickly, except for a small family of mice that resided in the wall. She wasn't bothered by the mice and often left them little tidbits of nuts and berries she found outside along the meadow's edge while hunting and preparing for the coming harder seasons. She enjoyed listening to the soft sounds of them scuttling about at night as she fell asleep, but she'd spent the last quarter moon healing from the attack she'd provoked from the coyote of Inferni.

Shaking her head sadly as she thought of the attack, how quickly she'd snapped at the creature, assuming that Gabriel had sent him off to see if she'd died yet. She should have known better, yet she was tired of their snooping around and need to be in the middle of everything where they weren't wanted. She knew that they always seemed to be sneaking around and acting totally innocent, but she had to have been right this time, Labyrinth Glen had been at peace with Inferni and there was no point in the creature even asking what happened, they had to have known. Fatin herself had explained to Iskata that they were safe from attack, while Fatin had shared a peace with Gabriel, Iskata's had been with Faolin, now there was no peace with Faolin gone and Fatin disappearing in the mists. She knew they would be in trouble if they stayed distant and didn't gather soon to save their own hides.

She'd walked outside of the cottage and stared off in the distance from her porch, the few cattle that she'd gathered, with the help of some advice from Firefly of all wolves, sat grazing across the dirt path in the fields of clover and hay. She smiled a silly litlte smile at the idea of having dinner at the doorstep, yet she knew they weren't to be eaten whenever they felt like it, the herds would only be taken from in the hard season when prey was scarce. She'd worried about having to keep the other packs and the clan from them as well, but she'd been thinking about the ranks and developings of the pack they would form and how everything would work out. She had gathered enough skills to show some of the others how to gather and herd the cattle, and she had plans to add sheep soon enough, though she hadn't got that far yet. She was determined and soon enough she'd have the makings of a fine set of lifestock for them to live off of.

Sitting down on the porch swing she sat rocking softly back and forth as she thought about the changes that were going to come about one day. Deuce and Magdalena had been stopping by a lot recently, though Iskata had kept herself hidden since she'd been attacked, she felt stupid to hide from her friend and daughter, but first Gabriel and now another. Who she was and the issues she already had with the clan were bad enough, she didn't want to bring it down on their pack as well. She wouldn't let it, that what she was determined to believe. Her own personal probelms wouldn't become those of her family and friends. She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to ignore the pain from the damage the damned hybrid had wrecked on her.
Her ribs were finally healed, her arm itched damnably, but wasn't painful any longer. The missing ear piece she couldn't do anything about, nor could she do anything about the newly gained scar. She was lucky ahren hadn't taken the eye. Deuce had been dividing time between wandering through the lands and working on her cottage. She'd found one with a small porch. It wasn't much different than the home she'd claimed in the forest by Twilight vale. She'd spent the ast few days there, actually, just sitting on the porch, wondering where her pups were. Noah was with his father, of course, but she hadn't seen hide nor hair of taliesin.

She had decided to walk to borders of the future pack again. It was the land they'd chosen afterall, and Deuce wasn't willing to see any of it go to anyone but them. The borders were intact, so Deuce walked down the boardwalk, when she saw something somewhat odd. Livestock, in a pen. She arched an eyebrow, making her way to the house, where she could see Iskata on the porch swing. Without asking, she sat herself on the porch step, leaning against the railing and looking at iskata.

You look like hell, my friend, she said bluntly. Who got ahold of you and tore you up?
[html]

[Image: header.jpg]

Hel had made her decision. She would join with Iskata. She had lain awake the previous night, thinking it through. Realistically speaking, a pack gave her the chance to find Connor quickly. It allowed her to hide, as it were, under the prospect of diplomacy and scout out the other packs. Secondly, she was a warrior. Eventually, she would have to settle. Lone warriors could not pass on skill and that was what Asgard had been all about. Passing down skill. Looking at her mate as they made their way towards Halifax, she knew, in her heart, that this was the way. After all, if things didn't work out, they could run. She was strong, young and fast. They would survive.

She saw Iskata from afar, with another wolf Hel did not know. For a brief moment, she considered turning back, but that would not do. It would be stupid and cowardly. No. She would stay here and go through with her decision. She tightened her grip on her pack and the other hand clutched the knife, just in case. Slowly approaching the females (for she recognised the other as a female), Hel gave a curt nod and said simply, "Iskata, I am a woman of my word. I come to join your pack. We come to join." And with that Hel gave the first honest smile in these new lands.

[/html]
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... corner.jpg) no-repeat;">
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _right.jpg) no-repeat top right;">

Yay ^^ We get things started!

A pack. It was an interesting idea, and it would be even more interesting to see how things worked out on this side of the ocean. To be honest, Styx wouldn't have minded even living in a pack like the one Hel had grown up in, as long as he could be with Hel. Of course, he couldn't really tell Hel that, because then she'd just worry and angst over how evil her pack would be to him. Not that she'd say anything about it, of course.

Packing up their camp hadn't taken long, and neither had filling up the firepit with dirt and sand. Looking at the dark gray skies, Styx doubted that there would be any problems with fires. So he didn't worry about it as he followed Hel. For a moment, it amused him how he always followed her, but in this case she knew where they were headed and he didn't, so it would be foolish of him to lead.

Soon they arrived at a road which they then followed until they came to a... homestead, Styx supposed it ought to be called. A couple of houses, which made it a rather excellent place to live, and two wolves already there.

"Iskata, I am a woman of my word. I come to join your pack. We come to join."

Indeed, so they had. "Hi, Iskata," he greeted the wolf he knew, frowning a little at her injuries. "Are you alright?" he asked worriedly. Realizing how rude he was, he then turned to the other. "I'm Styx ap Siorus, Hel's mate." He gestured to Hel to indicate she was the one of whom he spoke, before returning his attention to Iskata to wait for a reply.

[/html]
[html]

Good stuff, guys. Despite certain unexpected contingencies, you did manage to get this place up!

The large were had been approaching the group as well, after Iskata ran the idea past him. He doubted they expected him to actually show up, but after much contemplation, he decided that maybe it was the best move. Belonging somewhere allayed the suspicions of other wolves, and while the members of this pack may still have questions, answering theirs would be simpler than doing so for everyone he met. Now, to everyone else he would simply be a wolf from Iskata's pack. She said she was well known around here, so his affiliation with her should grant him considerable social security until he gathered the information he needed, and determined if a) he was even in the right place, and b) it was feasible to get the job done, if he was in the right spot.

"How is your wound, Iskata?" he said as he approached, not having arrived soon enough to hear the last wolf's question. The patching up he'd done had occurred very quickly, but that was how he'd learned to do it, with speed and efficiency. It wasn't exactly orthodox, but wounds often happened at...inopportune times, and the wolf in need didn't always have the luxury of taking it easy after their skin had been sewn back together. He would spent some time here, offer them what help he could in exchange for their acceptance, linger in the background until the time came to move on. In the meantime...well, so far he had enjoyed their company. He already knew Iskata and Hel, and soon he would have two new acquaintances cementing his place here as well, it seemed like.

[/html]
OOC: Libri will/can post whenever she wants.. No real order to posting now since everyone's arrived.. Smile Hel said if anyone wants to post tonight before her go ahead.

IC

Iskata had been so surprised when out of nowhere it seemed one of the very ones her mind was wondering about appeared like a ghost. She smiled a pathedic smile and ran a finger softly over the stitches that Asmodai had given her so recently. The silver and gold lady really hated to admit she'd let her temper get the best of her when normally she was the calm and collected one, but everything had changed so much lately. She flicked her own tattered ear back as she spoke, "You're starting to look as bad as me Deuce.." she teased her friend as she looked off towards the pen with the cattle grazing quietly. She shook her head sadly as her fingers kept tracing the wounds. "I let my temper get the best of me.. and said the the wrong thing to the wrong clan member.." She grinned stupidly at Deuce, knowing how pathedic she seemed.

Suddenly it seemed that her den was the new hot spot when two faces she'd met recently had appeared and were standing before her. Sitting up straight as the warrior began to speak she smiled as a bit of relief seemed to flood into her life as the lady was saying something she'd hoped to be hearing for quite some time. Turning to Deuce she grinned, her eyes twinkling as she spoke up. "Well, I'm glad to see you and hear those words too, Hel, you as well Styx. Let me introduce you guys to someone you should know." She turned to Deuce and began to explain to everyone who was who. "Deuce, this is Hel and Styx, two of the wolves I'd been talking to recently about helping to found the pack. I know Hel has some skills that could be put to excellent use, and Styx himself is well equipt with some grand survival skills too... but.." She stopped speaking for a moment when out of nowhere it seemed that the one who'd helped save her own hide appeared.

She grinned and indicated that he should join their gathering while showing off the clean healing wounds to him as well. Clearing her throat she introduced her friend to the others before continuing. "Thank you Asmodai, I'm doing a lot better after you're help. Asmodai, this is Deuce, Hel, and Styx." She turned to each of her companions as she introduced them. Smiling once more she questioned. "I didn't know if you would come around in the end, with the whole world to explore you know.." Turning her eyes back to the group she explained. "I was attacked by a coyote after I lost my temper and said something he didn't want to hear.. Asmodai tended to my wounds when he found me trying to return home.."

She was unsure where to start now but turned to Deuce and Hel, wondering where they were going now, and wondering if Colibri would return back again after all, like she'd promised. Iskata knew that Deuce and Colibri didn't get along to well after a bad episode with Lucifier, but she'd tried to sooth things between the two and hopefully the ivory lady would come back even with Deuce here. She spread her hands out and grinned. "Where do we start now.. I know there's a million things to do.. I've tried to start what I can and settle the territory for us.. but I think I'm gonna need a lot of help.." This was moving so fast after al lthe time they spend dreaming and hoping, was it all really coming true now?
Deuce grinned lopsidedly. Seems to be a lot of those lately, Iskata. And then there were new faces joining the two. Deuce sat uncertainly, nodding to each one as they were introduced. This was their pack. Small, but...it would work. She wished she'd done more to bring others in, but....things seemed to work out as it was.

My house is on the other side of the territory. I've made it a habit to walk the borders, marking out our lines. She smiled, more relaxed. I think ranks would be a good place to start, Iskata. Leaders, sub-leaders, hunters...all that good stuff. At least, i'm assuming these are our pack members?

She smiled now, feeling loose and relaxed. Her pack, her family. No...thier pack. Their family. So we have our fighter, our leader, and our healer. Where do we go from there? She included Styx and Hel in the question, since Iskata had already aid they were the third part of the leadership.
[html]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... corner.jpg) no-repeat;">
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _right.jpg) no-repeat top right;">

Attacked by a coyote? The fur down Styx's back tried to stand up, held flat by the backpack. He hadn't met many coyotes back in Europe; there'd only been that one family, most of them originating from one of the human 'zoos,' a kind of animal prison. They'd been alright, though. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said to Iskata, and then nodded to the other lady, Deuce.

"I know Hel has some skills that could be put to excellent use, and Styx himself is well equipped with some grand survival skills too... but.."

Styx licked his muzzle in slight embarrassment. Grand survival skills? About the only thing he knew was how to set up camp, and he wouldn't call that 'grand.' Not when he was still an amateur when it came to other types of survival. Still, he didn't have time to comment on it -- Iskata didn't even have time to finish the sentence -- before another wolf approached them. Styx eyed him curiously, waiting for him to introduce himself. As it was, Iskata introduced him. Asmodai. Hel, Iskata, Deuce, Asmodai and himself, Styx. Five people, coming together. It might not be much of a pack, but every pack had to start somewhere. His childhood pack had started from his grandparents and uncle Demosthenes only, so this was no problem.

"I think ranks would be a good place to start, Iskata. Leaders, sub-leaders, hunters...all that good stuff. At least, i'm assuming these are our pack members?" With some cynical amusement, Styx hoped that they wouldn't try to pin him down as a hunter; he knew how to hunt with snares and other similarly small traps, and he knew the theory of bigger traps, but that was all. "So we have our fighter, our leader, and our healer. Where do we go from there?" Perhaps he should speak up? Taking off his backpack, he leaned it against the house while trying to come up with something to say. Hel was the fighter, anything else would be ridiculous -- except for maybe hunter, of course.

"I'm not sure which ranks are intended or needed," he said, "but I read relatively fast and have neat handwriting, I am a fair tattoo and piercing artist, and I can't hunt worth crap. Sorry, but that's the truth of it." He'd thought himself an okay hunter -- if he just had to feed himself, of course -- but after seeing Hel, he'd had to realize that he knew next to nothing about living in and off the wilderness.
[/html]
[html]

Nodding to each of the others as he was introduced, Asmodai took a mental step back from the discussion after that. He didn't want to become too integral to this process, by and large he felt it was important that no one become overly impressed or opinionated about him. It would be better to be a part of the background, a friend who had made it by happenstance, pleasant but uninteresting. He supposed that the experiences he'd told Iskata about might possibly make him stand out a little, and probably kill the 'uninteresting' part of his preferred persona, but there was nothing to be done about that. Perhaps the uninvolved observer was a role he could still fit into. After all, seeing so much was because he was a traveler, not because he himself had done anything worth mentioning.

Listening as the wolf named Styx talked about his abilities, Asmodai rethought his decision to keep quiet. He probably needed to establish his abilities right now anyway, or at least his abilities as he wanted them known. Though none of his moods and thought process made it into his facial expression, which appeared to be listening intently to the discussion, he turned his mind to thinking about what to say.

"I can't claim to have exotic skills like those, but I know how to stitch and do some other basic first aid. Besides that, I can hunt as well as the next wolf, but probably no better. Oh, and I know I'm pretty big, but I'd prefer not to be put into any fights if it can be helped. Not a fan of violence." He didn't want to have to answer any uncomfortable questions, nor did he want to get hurt right now, while he was already healing and while he was waiting to see how long it would be until he had to act.

[/html]
OOC: Deuce and Hel can give a few ranks for the other members if they wish.. my brain hurts after this post.

Iskata smiled at the group as they began making plans, Deuce had the right of everything when she spoke of the ranks and skills needed. She nodded and gathered her legs up under her as she began more relaxed with the group. She knew Colibri would show sooner or later but she hadn't arrived yet, raising her head to gaze down the wait she spoke softly to Deuce, "There's still another, she'd spoken to me of joining.. she may still arrive. She was going to visit later today.. I didn't expect everything to fall in place so suddenly, but atleast it was perfectly timed." she smiled and shook her head as she brushed her bangs from her face and looked about the faces who seemed to be waiting for her to speak.

She felt like there were butterflies in her belly as they watched her, she wasn't the leader here, well, she wasn't the only one, or atleast that's not the dream that Deuce and she had spoken of, and that she'd passed on to Hel. She'd seen in the skilled lady that she was strong and sure of herself, things a leader needed. Iskata was strong, but not the normal sense, she was a mother, she had built walls and learned that her power was in love and patience. She sat silent for a second as she gazed at Deuce, the other part of this whole, the healer with wisdom she could only dream of. She'd grown up around Siondaite and the magics of the apothocary but she'd only gathered what she needed to know through chance and what was needed. She'd been more than surprised that Naniko's break had healed so well when she'd bandaged her up. Shaking herself to rid the dreamworld from her mind she laughed and nodded. "Ok, well.. let's begin then."

She turned to the pack and smiled and began to speak of the workings of the pack she'd began to develop while Deuce had been keeping the packland's territories up. Iskata had always been the dreamer, plans and persuasion were things she was use to, and gathering others who shared in the dream hadn't been hard at all. "The formation for the main leadership position was set to be a three part councel, a trinity where everything interlinks and together they stand stronger than they would seperate. Deuce gave a slight explaination of the three positions.. a more exact is the Matriarch, the Warrior and the Spiritualist. Loyalty, courage and healing. Deuce has always been the healer since I've know her and this pack was a dream of her's too. All I know is family, loyalty and love. The ups and downs of all three.. " She chuckled slightly at the thought before she smiled and turned to Hel. "When I met you all I saw was your strength, you assurance and your skill. If you'll take up a position beside Deuce and I we'd love you to take up the final part of our trinity." Her eyes sparkled as she presented the last role of councel to Hel.

The pack itself was filled with roles that wouldn't be filled quickly, but she knew sooner or later their ranks would blossom. She began to explain everything once again as she watched the others. "There's three parts to the middle ranks, just like the leadership, but let's begin from the bottom. The puppies will be placed in the Tykes rank, when they reach five moons of age they'll be placed into the Tyro position and will be apprenticed to a full fledged member of the pack to learn skills and develop. The lowest rank will be the Sulein, most wolves who come along will be placed in the Loas, when they begin to know the lands and the other pack members they may move up to the next rank, Genus. From there the ranks will rise into actual skilles and responsibilities. The Fuerre will be the general hunters, the Tenens shall learn to gather herbs and scout the lands. The Tueris will work on border patrol and greet new members. From there they shall rise the ranks of Fuehrer, Tutela, and Locum, The lead hunter, warren and scout. Everyone follow?" she looked around, trying to make certain everyone was still with her before speaking once more. "The next rank will be the Praeas, they will aid the mentors and apprentices in their training and developing skills, the Praeas and mentors will decide when the apprenctices are ready to become full pack members, though generally fall in at eight moons. The Nuncio will be the ambassador, they will keep contact between the other packs and speak for the pack, though they won't give any real answer until the Councel decides. The Senex is a very knowledgeable member of the pack who will help the Praeas and uphold the pack's morals, code and way of life. Often the Praeas will develop skill to advance to this rank one day." she was silent a moment as she waited for the information to sink in, there was little more to explain but she would finally finish.

"The Pundit will be a subleader, like the gamma of old times, above them, the second in command to the councel is the Savant, if the councel is in meeting or missing for whatever reason the Savant and Pundit will be in charge. The will both be allowed to accept packmembers into the pack if the leaders aren't available." She shook her head slowly as she took a deep breath and gazed around. She really didn't know what in the world to say next. Turning to Deuce she grinned. "Deuce gave us a wonderful name for the pack if you guys are still interested. We can develop other ranks based on talents and specialties, like your abilities Styx. We can discuss it later if you'd wish." she turned to table over to Deuce and Hel, waiting for what they had to say, but not leaving the others out of the conversation either. They were a family after all now, a strange but new one built of friends and strangers.. but soon they'd be closer than blood.
She arrived late on purpose. Maybe it was because she did not want to know the rank system, maybe she did not really want to face Deuce. This had not really been planned, it had been a choice she had not been prepared on. She did it to support a relative, someone that she felt she owed. Colibri was good at putting guilt upon her shoulders, and now she had done it again. She had not told Lucifer, she had just left. He knew she was uncertain, and hopefully he knew that she would come back when she felt like it. She had said she loved her freedom, and that she would refuse to let go of it. However, what kind of move was this then? A foolish at least, that she already know. Yet, she still did it. As a ghost, she floated closer to the group and settled close to Iskata, but a bit away from Deuce. If she could offer them happiness by adding enough numbers to the group so that they could claim the lands, then it was something she would grant them.

Sorry, I'm late, fill me in later if I have missed anything important. She hoped she would not turn another pack again too soon. This was not a way to make friends. She could manage.. surely..
((Deuce only knows Isk and Colibri, so I don't think it's quite fair for her to hand out ranks just yet.
LOL))

Deuce felt more relaxed as Iskata began explaining the pack ranks to their members. She felt a moment of unease as Colibri joined them. The two weren't exactly chummy chummy. And that was an understatement. Deuce didn't know exactly what was going on when it came to Haku, Colibri, and Lucifer. It made her uneasy, but she didn't speak. She simply gazed at Colibri, wordlessly letting her know that lucifer wasn't here to protect her. Iskata was the only one protecting Colibri. Then she returned her gaze to their pack.

Phoenix Valley. Loyalty, courage and healing. Like the old Irish claddaugh, except diffeent. So many threes in her life. And it all came together here. Here in Phoenix valley.

Deuce smiled at everyone. Phoenix Valley is made to be what pack should be. A family, whether we like each other or not. Pack should be able to rely on one another no matter the circumstances. Thats why our leadership embodies the qualities we thing are most important to a pack. Loyalty, to the pack and to ones self. Courage, in heart and in spirit. And healing both of body, heart and soul. All these are important to us, are important to the pack to be a strong family.

She glanced at Colibri again, then looked back to the newly formed pack. She didn't know what else to say, so she sat quietly now.