darling, it's time to turn a new leaf.
[html]
He all but ran back to his lover's side. The idea enchanted him, enthralled him. He liked having a home, he liked having a family - it meant more to him than anything else. And for a chance to start something magnificent with Jasper at his side, it was even better to him, even sweeter! "Jasper! Jasper! Wake up!" He called, approaching the boy and almost sliding into the wall he was so eager.
[/html]
[html]
The young male would have been completely content with sleeping away the whole day, especially had he known that Laurent was gone. What else was there to do without him around? But, when the sound of his name came rushing through the air, Jaspers eyes snapped open suddenly, only immediately to be covered by the blanket that he sudden jerked up over his head, hiding from the light. "I'm awake.." He spoke in a voice that much rather sounded as if he were still sleeping. After a moment of two, inching the blanket down over his face, two-toned eyes peered out from beneath the blanket, searching for his lover.

[/html]
[html]
He sort of bounced onto the bed next to the pale boy, smiling brightly at the sneaking figure. "C'mooooooonnnnnnn!' He said brightly, having been up for quite some time, and having spent his day forging plans with old friends. "I was going to find you something to put in another stew of yours....but I sorta...got sidetracked." He began. "I think I found us something else instead......." He grinned sheepishly, twiddling his thumbs, "I ran into an old friend, and I was wondering what you thought about maybe...settling down with them. Like a pack kinda."
[/html]
[html]
By the time Laurent hit the bed Jasper was already starting the process of sitting himself up, dragging the blanket along with him as he went. Turning to face him a bit better, while his lover spoke, Jasper tilted his head to the side in an awkward fashion, suddenly curious. For a moment his ears dropped, unsure, and then he spoke. "They aren't mean, right?" He didn't like being picked on, at least not in a serious manner, and strangers worried him. "And we'd stay around here, right?" Because he certainly wouldn't leave without his father or, at the very least, wouldn't be to keen on it.

[/html]
[html]
He lifted his hand slowly, running the back of his fingers along the boy's cheek. "If they weren't, I'd never bring you near them." he said tenderly. He would never allow Jasper to be hurt, not in a million years. "And of course we'd be around, we still have your family and I still want to wait for mine..." he said gently, curling his feet underneath his body. "And we wouldn't have to stay forever....if you weren't happy, what would be the point? But Laurel's a good guy, and the girl he's running with seems good too. Her name's Nikita." He explained gently.
[/html]
[html]
Jasper leaned in slowly to touch of fingers against his face, a smile curling at the edge of his lips as Laurent spoke. "Maybe my dad could come if he wanted to?" Of course, Jasper didn't really expect his father to want to join them, but hearing that it would be okay would be a nice enough thing for him. It was obvious to him, in those very brief moments of silence, that this was something that Laurent very much wanted. "When do we go?" Where do we go? How will we live? What can I do to help? They were all questions that swirled quickly in his mind.

[/html]
[html]
"My darling, darling Dear, he's welcome if he'd ever want to join us....I can't see Ahren just tossing in with us, but if he wants to, he can!" He said enthusiastically. He was quiet as Jasper seemed to settle into the idea, and a profound love was evident on his face as he gazed at Jasper. "They're going to meet us here, and we'll all walk around and talk about things.....sort of put everything into perspective and settle things." He said with a smile on his face. "Whenever you're ready to, we can try to find them if you'd like."
[/html]
[html]
Jasper leaned in very slowly, at first just bumping his muzzle against Laurent, but soon enough he was snuggling him, pressing his head into the crook of Laurie's neck. "We can go whenever you think they'll be here.." He said with a small nod, somewhat content in the way that his lover assured him that everything would be fine. He would at least have to go and tell his father what he was doing, but he doubted the older male would care much one way or the other, and would likely realize that it was hidden invitation to join them.

[/html]
[html]
The male sighed softly, smiling as Jasper closed the distance between them. "C'mere you.." he said, slowly circling his arms around the paler male. "You know...this is a whole new start for us." he said gently. "It's like....our little family, the two of us, making such a big step." he rested his head on Jasper's head gently, nuzzling his chin against the boy. "And we wont go till we both ready." Smiling softly, he squeezed his arms for a brief second "And for me? Right now, I just want to sit here and hold you."
[/html]
[html]
The more Jasper thought about it, even amidst the snuggles and love from Laurent, the more he grew excited about it. Their own little family, Laurie said. Hadn't that been what most of his life had been about? Him traveling until he found a piece of his family that he could attach himself to? He'd found Ahren, which didn't turn out exactly as he had wanted it to, but he had found him. To have their own family though? Quite suddenly, Jasper peered upward, pausing a moment before sliding himself out of his lover's grasp. "I'm ready!" He stated with an awkward, sort of excited sort of shy, grin, tugging at Laurent to usher him out of the room and down the stairs.
[/html]
[html]
Now of all of the things that could have been found in the city, the college was quite an interesting place. It's courtyards and gardens of grandeur were overgrown, the paint faded and feeling, but it had a homely kind of sense. Laurel strolled idly as ever down the worn concrete paths, half humming and singing a tune to himself; Nikita tagged along per usual. It seemed like enough time had passed and it wasn't much of a feat to track down where Laurent and before too long, the pair of coyotes found themselves perched in front of the door. The pause was all Laurel waited on, ears twitching at the sounds inside. Making a satisified look, he knocked easy and waited.
[/html]
[html]
She followed silently, her eyes shifting constantly between the strange architecture of the college. It was grand, yes, but modest in its own right — an example would be where there were massive stone arches, said arches were unadorned and simple. Of course, things must have looked a little more fancy back in the day when it was actually functioning. For now, however, the stone was crumbling, the paint peeling, and the gardens overgrowing. It was a bit sad, really; to see such attention to aesthetics wasted. After lagging behind for a bit, she rushed to catch up to Laurel when he reached the doorway that Laurent’s scent led to. He knocked, and then waited. Searching his similarly-colored eyes with her own, she offered a smile. Then she relaxed as much as she could and promptly stuffed her hands into the pockets of her worn jeans.
[/html]
[html]
he was dragged downstairs, and he didn't mind one bit. He attempted to be gallant, stepping in front of Jasper so that he could open the door for him like a proper man should. "After you!" he said with a smile, holding the door to the main plaza open for his pale lover. He beamed at Laurel and Nikita as they approached the duo, eyes sweeping the humble area that he called home. "This is Jasper!" He said, introducing his partner with a certain pride. "And Jasper, this is Laurel and his friend Nikita." He said, quite content with the moment. Thing seemed to be on the right path for them for certain.
[/html]
[html]
All was well and good until the point that they hit the bottom of the stairs and the knock on the door resounded in his head. It was then that he started to get nervous, shuffling himself along with Laurent. Before he knew it, Laurent was in front of him and the door was forced open, leading them out into the world for him to meet these new people. Nervous, of course, Jasper hung close to his lover, almost hiding behind. "Hi." He stated simply, raising one hand politely into the air, which immediately went to his ear, scratching at it in that nervous sort of way that he normally did.
[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">
Sorry if I'm being too forward with my SUPER DRAMA. I need threads that explain a bit more about Zephyr, and I have not had a lot lately. Thanks.

He did not know what it was about the lands that had made him decide to stick around for sure this time. Most of the wolves that he had met were friendly, even the ones that changed into that strange, unnatural form, which was a big change from life back in Scotland. The wolf had decided this for himself, that he would find somewhere to live, someplace very stable. He wanted to live to a ripe old age, and the only way to assure that would be to join a pack.

Zephyr wandered around a lot, and today he was right on schedule. Sniff around a bit here, run around there. When he came into the room next to theirs he wasn't sure what to do...speak, or back away? He could hear their voices. They seemed to be in some kind of a meeting...maybe he had interrupted. Devlin had always told him that it was very, very rude to interrupt someone when they were in the middle of something. He'd said it so many times that it had become heavily engrained in the two year old. When he had found his lover struggling, hanging over the edge of the ship with the noose tight around his neck, he had followed that rule. No interruptions.

[/html]
*waves at Zephyr!*
[html]
Now when Laurent had mentioned a boyfriend, Laurel had taken it upon himself to draw up what this fellow looked like. Think 1950's sailor with the tattoos and the nice fitting uniform and one could say that was close. However, when the door opened and the pair of lovers stood before him, mentally he felt like he may have dropped something on his foot. Nikita was of a short stature, but this boy was smaller and from the looks of it, even younger. For the brief second of a pause that trailed after the pair, he could only draw in them sight of them before snapping back to reality. “Hey squirt,” would only accentuate everything, wouldn't it? “Nice place y'got here.”
[/html]
[html]
This is the first two-paragraph post I've written here, heh.

Nikita had to mentally fight the impulse to celebrate; only very rarely in her journeys had she come across anyone who was remotely as short as she was — most were like Laurel, and towered over her. Therefore she could scarcely think anything else but such when Laurel and Jasper opened up the door and introductions and greetings and such were shuffled around. “Nice to meet you,” she greeted, her voice brighter than usual. She turned her face marginally towards Laurel and gave him a super-secret eyebrow waggle that was meant for him and him only. When this was done, however, she caught something out of the corner of her eye. She turned half-way to peer at it, and immediately the alarm lights went on.

It was a wolf — not in shifted form — lingering on the fringe of where they were gathered. Months stacked on months of living cautiously made her hand immediately shift to the handle of her knife. “Hey, you,” she called, her voice slightly clipped as she shifted into her semi-aggressive other self. “Mind comin’ to face us a little more directly?”
[/html]
[html]
He chuckled lightly, a roll of his eyes countering Laurel's words. "Eh, what can I say? I guess I like 'em young. It means longer I get to spend with them!" Which was completely without guarantee, but it didn't really matter. Nikita quickly turn the larger male's attention towards the stranger, and his lithium eyes narrowing into slits. With a slight grin he quipped, "Its fine to come closer....I promise we wont bite."
[/html]
[html]
It was quite normal for Jasper to be the smallest of a bunch, though she was so very close to his height that, for a brief moment, he could only stare at her. Of course, in personality, she was likely the complete opposite of him. This was a thought that came to life, even, as she turned suddenly. Jasper's eyes snapped across the land, settling there on the wolf, watching a moment. He moved then, shuffling himself behind Laurent just a bit more. They all seemed tense by the fact that there was someone else there, someone that Jasper didn't know. Maybe they knew who it was and it was someone dangerous.
[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">

"I doubt I would be much of a threat to ye, lassie, the condition my poor body's in. Yeh would think I'm twice my age..." He came forward into the room. There was another few wolves in here, ones that he had not been able to see from his last viewpoint. "Didn't mean t'intrude on any grand meetin' you were havin.' Zephyr did enjoy a good scuffle every once in a while, to assure himself that he could still come out on top, but lately things had not been going so well for him. Prey in the area he had been living in, near the city, was growing scarcer as certain herds moved to other lands.

Some herds had even gone into packlands, a place where he was not permitted to go. "I'm Zephyr--Zephyr le Bach. Pleased t'meet all of you. Even you, missy. Quick hand you've got."

[/html]