down to the river
The once spy of Inferni spent her days now at a vast amount of chores and small things to keep herself busy. She was a patient being and she knew sooner or later she would know just what it was Ezekiel wished from her. Tiny hands dug into the cold waters of the creek near where it met the river of the clan lands. She had been gathering the small freshwater creatures, they reminded her of lobsters but were so tiny. She knew they would be hardly anything but a snack to anyone else in the clan aside from herself and the pups but it would fill bellies tonight and she would feel her day had been put to good use.

After her run in with the turkeys she had decided to spend more time practicing hunting with her blow darts and the bow and arrows that she owned. She knew her own body's limits, it had been fair foolish to try hunting with a weapon she was unfamiliar with, especially when the creatures she was hunting for seemed to travel in large numbers. She rubbed on finger along a still aching peck mark she had received behind one ear as she growled softly. She liked turkey, she liked almost any fowl, but after that morning the birds left a sore spot that she wished she could rid herself off.

She did not like being bested, it seemed the whole world could best her if they tried. Her size alone was a challenge, one that at times even her large nephew forgot about and could land her on her rump in two seconds flat. Life had been simpler when she had been a hermit of a creature with only herself to take care of and being the ghost of the lands. Now it was a strange world she lived in since she had begun to open herself up to the family that was her clan.

The pygmy tossed one more small crawfish into her woven trap basket and sighed.
[html]

short >.< i'm very sorry

Sepirah had utilised her lithe lupus form that morning. The winter fat had receded swiftly, much to her joy, and training had begun again. Including the long run, and later walk, just before her arrival. She was hungry, but not nearly as hungry enough as to waste her time hunting when she smelt food nearby. Thin, short legs moved her quickly off to where she wished to be. She was perfect for a scout, dark furred and swift footed. Her body carried her to wherever she needed to be swiftly.

Wind rushed between and over her flattened ears, she enjoyed exercising and had forgotten how much she had missed exercising and the feeling that came with that. She soon approached her pack mate and slowed down quickly. 'Hey' she said casually, coming to a gentle stop and rolling back upon her haunches to rest.

<style>
.sepirah-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sepirah-a01 b {color:#B8E23E; letter-spacing:-.3px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.sepirah-a01-separator {text-align:center; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-color:#B8E23E; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sepirah-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sepirah-a01 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B8E23E; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C4714; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sepirah-a01-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
Zana had not expected anyone to find her today. She had believed she would be able to catch her fill of the strange snack like creatures and be on her way back to the mansion. Instead as she was lifting another of the creepy crawly bitesized meals from the safety of a dark ledge she was greeted with the sound of another. She raised her eyes from the water as she threw the small meal in a basket. She had never before seen this creature before her and she was rather put off for a moment, wondering just who she was.

The tiny woman was not rude though, and so she responded in return. "Hello.. I'm Zana.." She was generally know around the lands, by sight atleast, for there were no other coyotes of her size in the clan. She hoped it would remain that way, for her life had been nothing but an uphill battle at every turn. Now she was just starting to relax enough to think that she might one day be accepted.

She flicked her ears back as she stood up and smiled. "Who might you be?" she asked.
[html]

Olololo I am OOC teeeext.

Sepirah's golden eyes cast towards the small woman, surveying her like a hungry reptile. Still, but sharp. Wishing she had another joint with her, because for all her flaws she was still able to smoke without hands. Perhaps her only true magic trick. But instead of moping silently, she decided to engage in some conversation. Her tail flicked gently behind her, flushing the dry soil where she sat into the air. Sepirah eyed the food carefully, finding that she was fairly hungry, but ready to refuse any offer. After all, she wasn't truly hungry, just hungover from her early morning high.

'Sepirah' she replied, flicking her eyes back up to Zana's own. 'Sepirah Lykoi'. The jackal hybrid looked behind her casually, flicking her ears at the sounds of the scenery. Birds chattered, trees shivered. Her nose twitched and too in the musky scent of Inferni. Coyotes, the sea (faintly albeit), trees. Her senses were still heightened from the smoking. 'You a Lykoi?' she asked, turning her attention back.

<style>
.sepirah-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sepirah-a01 b {color:#B8E23E; letter-spacing:-.3px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.sepirah-a01-separator {text-align:center; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-color:#B8E23E; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sepirah-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sepirah-a01 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B8E23E; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C4714; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sepirah-a01-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
She was granted with a name after a moment, her fingers still hunting about the rocks and murky water for the crayfish. She grunted slightly at the mention of being a Lykoi. The little woman felt a pincher close around one of her claws as she gently pulled the strange critter from the water and with a quick flick sent him into the basket with the others. She paused a second, lifting her grey lilac orbs up to glance at the other woman a second as she sighed softly. "In name yes, I am a Lykoi." Her story wasn't easy to tell for she had no real truth to if she belonged to the proud bloodline unlike everyone else.

She lifted herself upright from the waters, gesturing to her frame as she added. "Yet, I have never been marked as a Lykoi..." For almost every one of LYkoi blood bore the stamp of the clan, the chaos star burned or tattooed into their flesh. While the clan let her claim her right to her name she had never been offered up the branding like a true Lykoi. It was a bitter truth but she lived with worse things in her life.

She stared at the woman a moment before asking. "Do you sport the mark of the Lykoi?", the question was slightly envious for she assumed the woman did but at the same time she had no where else to start with a conversation.
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

'Ahh' Sepirah nodded, scratching the dirt with her paw, But not being marked as such doesn't mean you aren't one in soul' she pointed out with a soft grin on her face. 'And either way, if telling your story on your body matters that much, you can always get it done. It hurts, but if your willing, it's worth it' Sepirah detailed, her tailed flicking absently behind her. Most of the Lykoi's bore he star, scarred or coloured into their flesh. Her's herself was both, and both hurt more than she cared to retell, she was a Lykoi and would hold herself as such. Brave and strong despite everything. Of course, she had never been truly, the living embodiment of Lykoi. Even Angel came closer and he would never bear the star nor the name through two simple facts. He was not a Lykoi, and Sepirah knew he already held stock in his own name. As exotic as it sounded to the jackal.

'Indeed' Sepirah replied, using her paw to part the fur on her chest, still soft and plushy from winter. And there it stood amongst black and grey strands of winter fur, the Lykoi star, the chaos star burning proud. The conversation fell flat again after that, Sepirah finding nothing to elaborate on. She looked around and then turned back to Zana, 'Which branch do you hail from then?' After all the Lykoi's had an elaborate tree.

<style type="text/css">
.sepvulture b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sepvulture p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sepvulture {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#293531; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 339a0c.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Zana tried not to be unpleasant but there was one tiny part of her that hated herself for not knowing if she truly belonged to the Lykois, or if she was just a beast living off a name with not blood connections at all. She flit her ears back slightly as the younger woman spoke. The tiny beast pulled one last crawfish from the waters and flicked it into the basket. She hauled herself from the cold waters and joined the other on the bank with the basket in tow. Grey lilac eyes turned towards her relative as she agreed. "I hope oneday to be more of a Lykoi than just a name.. but it's more complicated than that.." She rubbed a finger along her wet wrist as she sighed.

Her eyes darkened slightly as her new found relative and clansmate found the subject that was hard for Zana to touch base with. She shrugged her shoulders slightly and admitted. "I Don't. I'm not a true Lykoi. I don't know anymore about myself than my mother's line and the name she gave me." She looked off into the distance for a moment with a frown pressed to her lips. "I came here looking for answers.. but all I found was dust and silence." She knew she was being unfair. She had found more of a family than her mother had ever given her.. but one hole in her life had never been filled and though Ezekiel had been more than willing to accept her for who she was.. she hadn't found a balance inside herself yet to believe in.

The tiny woman turned to the stranger once more with a slight grumble of her belly and asked. "Shall we make a tasty treat for ourselves.. or supply the stores with more smoked meats?" She knew smoking the crawfish was probably more work than it ever needed to be and eating them between the two seemed more logical.. but she would let Sepirah decide.
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

'I don't see why it has to be...' Sepirah mused softly, sharp yellow eyes watching a bird in a tree, 'Prove yourself and Lykoi or not people will notice'. Perhaps it was true, perhaps it wasn't but either way it was something the jackal woman believed in principally. Behind her her tailed flicked gently, showing her contentedness to sit around and watch the world go by. 'Either way...' Sepirah said, after listening to Zana for a moment, 'She must have given you this name for some reason, and, whether in blood or in spirit, you're still a Lykoi'. The jackal shrugged gently, looking at small orange woman and the back to the bird in the tree.

Yellow eyes looked at the crayfish, 'I suppose it would be less effort to eat what we can and smoke what's left. Less to carry and less to smoke' she stood and crept closer, her this weight weaving through the flora. 'I've never eaten these before' she admitted idly, wondering what they tasted like. In fact she'd never tried anything that wasn't meat or fish, shell food was a mystery to her. 'What does it taste like?' Sepirah asked, her tail flicking a little faster as she considered the taste of the meat, a taste that was yet to come. And although it was a trivial thing to get excited over, she didn't feel much need to reign in her joy.

<style type="text/css">
.sepvulture b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sepvulture p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sepvulture {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#293531; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 339a0c.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
She was silent, for there was nothing else she could be. The woman was right in a way, as a whole the clan accepted her but the whispers and looks were enough to cause the pygmy woman distress. She had lived her whole life to prove that she was worthy and yet little by little she felt that proof was not enough. She was hotwired with a need to survive, a will to prove herself and a destructive force that she had just begun to pick away the protective shell of.

Her grey lilac orbs watched the woman before she finally gave in. "I suppose it doesn't really matter.." but deep inside she knew that wasn't the truth of it. There would always be the need to prove herself.. if only to show herself what she can do, to offset her shortcomings in this life. She flapped a clawed hand at the notion and turned back to their problem at hand. The filling of their own needs and desires. To eat.

Zana was not generally a creature for polite social behavior and she proved it right then and there as she plopped down on the ground before her Lykoi kin. She pulled open the basket and glanced up at the other woman as she asked, slightly astonished. "Really? Never?" The smaller Lykoi had a thing for trying new meats and flavors, often in her youth she had discovered the hard way some meals were best left alone, but there were some that no matter how strange they looked she still savored their delightful taste. Crawfish were one of these tidbits.

The smaller woman cracked the shell open of the still living creature and pulled back the protective liner as she used a claw to fish out the delicious meat within. She presented her cousin of sorts with the findings as she spoke. "It's mild.. like fish, but not as fishy.. sweet and simple.. " She bit into one of the claws, holding it firmly closed, letting the shell crack and break in her maw as she sorted out the bits and pieces of exterior with her tongue, spatting them to the ground as she enjoyed the butter like meat hidden within.

"Too bad they are so small.. though there are larger once in the bay I hear..." she said with a slight sigh. So much work they were..