Why, O Why, Little Brother?
OOC: Set right after this thread

IC: Ahiga was surprisingly meek as he followed her to the stables and then down into the cave system. Of course, she knew that he was mostly trying to not get yelled at but also being rebellious about getting his butt going. He went a lot slower than she did but he did follow her. But he was probably not happy about it.

Ayasha didn’t really mind him being not happy with everything. If he had been thinking it through then she wouldn’t have to be angry with him. But at least she didn’t know about him trying to get rid of Liam or else she really would be mad at him. But he was lucky enough that she didn’t know and so she was only slightly angry with him.

They got to the small series of caves that she shared with her mate and she glanced around to see it he was around. She didn’t see him but figured that he was up in the village working on the house. She should go see it soon to see how far along he had gotten on it. But she simply turned to her brother and sighed. ”Ahiga, is there a particular reason you wanted to see me or did you simply come here to insult everyone?” She tried not to let her tone get sharp but she was frustrated with what to do with him. Her voice became soft and gentle. ”I have missed you, little brother.” She then opened her arms to see if he wanted to hug her.
[html]

Word Count → 342 :: Bratty brat bratters

It pained him to leave Buck in this horrible pack's stables, but at the same time he didn't dare complain about it to Ayasha, for he was still trying his up most best to remain small and silent in a hope of avoiding the worst of his sisters temper. As he tied the buckskin stallion to the picket fence by the stables he stroked the horses neck and turned to reluctantly follow after his sister, peering back over his shoulder he looked longingly at the horse then sighed, picking up his pace slightly so that he didn't lose track of Ayasha.

Trailing behind her, shoulders slumber and eyes fixed on the floor it soon became apparent that his sister was leading him to some form of cave. Raising his eyes a fraction he looked around curiously, emerging into the darkness it was strange how large the tunnels and caves were and as he ventured deeper into them after his sister more and more signs of life became apparent. “Typical, dirty pack living underground in filthy caves” he muttered to himself. Green eyes darted around looking for others, but it seemed the caves were pretty empty at the moment and for that he was grateful; it was bad enough he'd been shown up in front of the dark horse thief, but he didn't want Ayasha to get angry with him in front of her entire pack.

Entering into a larger cave the smelled of Ayasha and another, the young lad looked around in disgust. This is what you left me for? Some filthy cave and your trash mate? The thought burned within his mind and lingered on his tongue, but he didn't speak it. As his sister turned to face him and sighed he held himself tense, ready for shouting and aggression but when neither came he blinked stupidly, taking a moment to process what was said. “What I do is none of your business” he mumbled quietly in response and stepped forward into his sisters arms, lowering his head onto her shoulder.

<style type="text/css">
.ahitemple b {font-weight:bold; color:#1c2217; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.ahitemple p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; border-bottom:2px dotted #1c2217; }
.ahitemple p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ahitemple .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1c2217; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.ahitemple p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ahitemple {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#565c45; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fddcI.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#939683; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
She kept glancing at her brother both to the stables and into the caves. It would seem that Ahiga was rather reluctant to put his horse with everyone else’s horse but it wisely kept quiet about it. She still wasn’t quite sure what she was going to do with him when they got to the cave she shared with Liam.

But Ayasha’s gaze turned more amused as he seemed in awe with her living conditions. She did suppose that it was rather strange for him since he had never been under ground that she knew about. Even she had trouble with it when she moved here and she was still getting used to it. But he muttered something about a dirty pack living in the dirty ground and her eyes hardened and she gave her a brother a soft warning growl.

She saw the disgust in his eyes when they got to her home but chose to ignore it. Ayasha only hoped that he could be good when Liam showed up. But he returned her hug, even if his words were still rebellious. She sighed and asked, ”It would be nice to know why you came to visit your big sister, squirt.” Of course, she was shorter than he was by over a foot. But she was still his big sister and hopefully she still had teasing rights. She felt like she should mention. ”Do you remember J’adore’s brother, Leon? Well he’s here. How’s life in AniWaya?”
[html]
They're so ignorant, they don't understand. You were always longing for a chance, To abandon this wasteland and never have to pretend everything's okay.
Word Count :: 332Quick post before i go work ~

Pulling back from the hug slightly he pulled a face at her “Don' call me squirt” he complained, the words sounding half hearted even to himself. Lowering his arms he wrapped them loosely around his sisters waist, reluctant to release her, fearing if he let her out of his grip he'd loose her or she'll start ripping into him for his earlier behaviour. “And, well. I guess, I, um” the sentence was stuttered due to embarrassment, unwilling to admit that he'd come to see her and even more against telling her that he'd only trespassed in a twisted sense of defiance against the pack that had stolen her away from him. Turning his head away he glanced at the floor, struggling find the words to explain his actions without digging himself a grave, “None of your business why i'm here” he muttered under his breath, feeling stupid the instant the words escaped him, but it was the best response he had.

At the mention of Leon his ears perked up, green eyes looking to his sisters face as if there would be further explanation there. The name rang a bell, but his memory as a child was shaky at best, twisted to his own belief of what happened in places. “I remember his name, but not the face” he spoke quietly, still rummaging through his memories to pinpoint the wolf his sister spoke of. “And it's good, I guess. Kinda boring if anything”, although he still wasn't on good terms with mother, the rest of his life in the pack was fine; he had been working upon his hunting and had left the pack lands to explore a bit before returning, breaking the cycle he had fallen into whilst living in pack lands.

“How have you been? Surely this place isn't better then home. When will you come back?” his voice took on it's youthful pleading tone it so often did when around his sister. “I miss you, please. Just come home already?”.

Image courtesy of Joachim S. Müller

<style>
.RedGliAhi p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.RedGliAhi b {font-family:verdana; color:#c62308; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#987c55 1px 1px 2px;}
.RedGliAhi {background-color:#e7d892; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#060404; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8605/ahiga2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.RedGliAhi .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.RedGliAhi .name {text-align:center; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.RedGliAhi .lyrics {color:#000000; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.RedGliAhi .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
OOC: Ahiga might not like her response >.>

IC: He told her not to call him squirt but she knew that it was only half-hearted. So she simply grinned at him, reached to mess up his hair, and said, ”If you say so little brother.” He was littler than her, even if it was only because she was older than him. He loosely put his arms around her and started to talk out of embarrassment.

She gave him a slight smile but the pouted at his final answer. ”You won’t tell your big sister the reason you came to see her.” It would appear that Ahiga was still her sullen and insolent younger brother. She didn’t think that she had ever been like that. Sure she had been rebellious but she had a cause. Plus, she was always rather independent. He talked about how home was and she laughed gently at his description of AniWaya being boring. ”That means it has calmed down.” But she wasn’t being mean at laughing at what he said.

Ahiga then hit a nerve by asking when she was coming home. She sighed and said, ”I’ve missed you too, little brother. But…I…I can’t leave. I need Liam more than anything, including you. I still love you but he’s my life, Ahiga.” She blinked back tears that she didn’t realize that she had. ”I’m sorry but I can’t. I’ll try and come by soon to visit, though.” It might not be enough but it needed to be.
[html]
They're so ignorant, they don't understand. You were always longing for a chance, To abandon this wasteland and never have to pretend everything's okay.
Word Count :: 342New tactic; break down in front of her ¬.¬

“Calmed down... yeah. I guess. I mean, it's just dead there; nothing changes, nothing happens.” he shrugged slightly, “I guess it's cause you aren't around as much” he whispered, unsure whether she would hear him or not, but he felt compelled to add the last bit in; any opportunity to remind his sister that she'd left him, he would remind her. It wasn't his intention to be mean, but more a misplaced hope that if he kept bringing it up she would eventually cave in and return home to him where she should be, where she belonged. Not in some revolting caves. Sure, it wasn't as if he was on his own without her there, but his sister was important to him; she didn't judge him, didn't force him to behave or throw rules in his face, she just accepted him as he was without question and he loved her for that.

In response to his plea for her to return home, he heard her sigh and already suspected what he response would be. Tightening his arms around her a fraction, he ears flicked back as he listened to her response, once again wishing he could remove this 'Liam' from his sister's life; it was that dirt bags fault, he'd stolen his sister from him when this unknown male didn't deserve her. “Please” he begged, lowering his head unto her shoulder, unable to look her in the eye without becoming a whimpering mess. “Please, just come home. You've been gone long enough already, I, I can't. Please Aya. Please, just come home already. I miss you” his shoulders shook a little and a small, pain-filled whimper escaped him. It didn't make sense why she had to stay, when all he wanted was for her to come home, he wasn't asking for much, all he was asking for was for her to return to her rightful place. Where she belonged. “Please” his voice broke and his arms tightened around her even more, fearing if he didn't hold on he'd lose her again. “Please”

<style>
.RedGliAhi b {font-family:verdana; color:#c62308; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#987c55 1px 1px 2px;}
.RedGliAhi {background-color:#e7d892; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#060404; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8605/ahiga2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 30px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;-moz-border-radius-topright: 30px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 30px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.RedGliAhi .name {text-align:center; font-family:Metamorphous; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.RedGliAhi .lyrics {color:#000000; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.RedGliAhi .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
OOC: Ayasha does break down but still won't give in.

IC: Each mention of her not being in AniWaya and subtle hint that he wanted her there caused her to flinch like a knife had stabbed her right in her gut. Couldn’t he understand that the world didn’t revolve around him? She hadn’t meant to hurt her brother but she wasn’t going to leave Liam simply because he was being a brat.

But she doubted that explaining that to Ahiga would actually help but she would try, even when he started to beg and plead with her. ”Ahiga, stop! I won’t leave him. I’ve promised myself to him and I won’t break that promise to him. I love him and when you love someone like I love Liam, you need to make sacrifices for them. I’m sorry that I can’t be there.” She looked down at the ground not wanting to see his tears.

He held her tighter and she burrowed her face into her brother’s chest, letting her tears fall. It was hard enough for her without him trying to push her into an even harder situation. ”I just can’t come back, little brother.” Her voice was slightly muffled but she was sure that he would be able to hear her. ”The offer to come here still stands.” She pulled away from him and couldn’t meet his eyes. She knew that that wouldn’t help but she could try.
[html]
Word Count :: 354 :3

A sense of loss filled him, he'd known from the start he didn't stand a chance at convincing her; she was too stubborn. Each word of her pierced him, invisible injuries that caused him agonising pain that he could not describe to anyone, it was as if with each word a piece of his heart was pulled away leaving a gaping hole. “Please” he whispered fruitlessly whispered again, “Why does it have to be him, why can't you choose to stay with me? Don't I mean anything to you, throwing all there promises and affections at him and abandoning your family, that just ain't right and you know it!” his eyes were wide, filled with unhidden emotion and foolish underlying hope. No matter how pointless he knew his pleading was, he couldn't give up or shake away the small hope that there was still a chance for her to see straight, to be enlightened by his logic.

Having never loved another, her words seemed all to wishful and fanciful; a promise to love and stay behind someone that stole her from her family simply didn't seem worth being kept in the young Nishant's mind. As she leaned into him, burrowing her face in his chest his taller frame shook, for regardless of his size he was still young at heart and the one before him was his older sister and she always would be. “Please” he whispered again, the words catching in his throat a little and coming out as more of a whimper then an actual word. “Why would I come here? To these caves? There is nothing I could want here that I don't have already and I won't abandon home like you. Please, just come home, please”. It was one last attempt to convince her, his arguments had run dry and emotion overwhelmed his logic, “Why is it impossible for you to understand this isn't your home, I want you more then her does, I need you more then he does. Come home. Don't leave me there one my own with mum. I, I can't, sis, please. Come home, for me?”

<style>
[/html]
OOC: fade with your post?

IC: Ahiga was still trying to convince her to stay and tried to make her believe that she had to choose between them. Which was unfair to her but she knew that she would stay with Liam. Not that she didn't care for her brother, because she did. But he cared for Liam more. "I don't want to have to choose between the two of you. You're my brother and I love you but…Liam is my mate. And I want both of you in my life but I won't leave him Ahiga." She knew that what she said might not be good enough for her brother but she didn't know what else to say.

He tried a different tactic to convince her to stay and she could feel his body shake, though she was pretty sure that her sobbing was part of that. She sniffled as he spoke, her eyes sad as she gently shook her head. "I'm needed here more than at home, with Liam. Plus, with the war…it doesn’t as much like home should be: safe. I will never know if another Maska will show up and disrupt the quiet and peacefulness of AniWaya." She looked him in the eyes. "Please don't make seeing you harder than it already is, little brother." She placed her hand gently on his cheek.