Not the Hero we deserve
[html]
Blah, this is short Tongue Oh, and for the opponent, I'm thinking maybe a young mountain lion? I want something that would be roughly Savina's size, maybe a bit smaller. That work for you?

It was turning out to be a pretty quiet day around the lands of Twilight Vale. Savina was simply walking through the forests, aimlessly. Even though everything was quiet, something had the female on edge. She felt as if there were something in the air, something not quite right. However she was unable to identify what was making her so anxious. It almost felt like the calm before the storm. Emerald eyes gazed up at the patch of sky visible between the canopy of the trees. It did look like rain, perhaps a thunderstorm even. That must be it. Its only that its about to rain. Even though she told herself that the back part of her mind was not convinced.

Shaking her head, the Lacerta continued on her way. Dark form passing between the trees and bushes. It had been a day much like this the day after her mother had died. A day she would much rather forget than remember. It was a dark part of her past, one that haunted her. And frightened her.

[/html]
Noah was always looking for something different to do, weather it be surfing the stairs with what little books where left in the house, or if it was open for him to do, he was always up for some rat hunting, yeah it hurt when they bit ya but the young male was willing to deal with the temporary pain for the fun. The dark grey youth laughed as he went though the lands, stocking. He had heard of a family of wild cats on the borders of the lands, near the lake. He twitched his nose as he stocked onto the lake area, he could smell the cat. The male fluffed up his cat as he could seem the den, there was two...mother and a cub...the mother was gone. Stocking into the den the male barked his way into the den. Finding the small cat, the male pounced on cat. Though he was quickly in for a shook when the cat turned around and rolled him off, lacing her claws over his eyes. He screamed....he screamed like a little girl. His eye stung. His left eye was in pain...he wasn't sure what was going to happen, he tried to scamper to his paws...but it was all going so fast.
[html]
A little powerplay, if you want me to change just let me know!
wc 764

There it was, a scream. She knew something didn't feel right. Fast as a bolt she was off, running the direction of the yelp. The underbrush and trees flew past her, the world was a blur to her eyes. Other senses were guiding and leading her though; her sense of smell and hearing. It was near the lake, she came upon some sort of den. The noise came from inside. Savina reached her slender head into the hole and picked up the pup by the scruff of his neck, gently placing him outside. He was part of the pack, the smell was thick on him. Softly she licked at the angry red scratches on his face. "Its ok, you're safe now" She whispered coaxingly. A hiss emitted from the den behind her. Must just be a cub"

But then another sound came to her and sable ears swiveled backwards. Something was charging right at them. Instinctively she covered the pup with her own body, and a split second later it happened. Razor sharp claws dug into the femme's shoulders. Her last minute movement had thrown the cat's trajectory off, and it rolled off her back to land on the other side. A pained yelp came from her throat as the claws scratched across her shoulder and she felt the blood begin to drip from the wounds. The beast began to stir inside of the Lacerta, begging to be unleashed. Lips curled up in a snarl, revealing ivory daggers. Ebony head turn to the wildcat mother, her emerald eyes beginning to catch fire. Hackles raised, making Savina look bigger than usual. A deep, rough bark came from her maw. It was the feline's one warning. Leave us be, or you'll regret it.

It didn't work. The cat charged again. The Italian wolf lowered her head and once the wildcat got to her she shoved her head and neck under it, using her back and neck to throw it over her and the wounded pup. Then it snapped, it couldn't be contained any longer. The monster was loose. "Hide child..." She said in a voice that was not completely her own. The wolfess turned to face the creature head on. Her eyes were green hellfire, a deep growl rumbled in her throat, hackles raised to the full extent. A charcoal demon now stood before the wildcat.

A second lingered as the two stared each other down, and then they charged again. Meeting in a flurry of fur, teeth, and claws. They ripped at each other's flesh, not always finding their mark, but sometimes they did. Once Savina got a mouthful of the cat's flank and the sickly sweet taste of its blood filled her mouth, egging the monster on even further. The pain done to her barely even registered, she made no noises other than menacing growls. After a few moments the feline managed another good swipe of its claws at the jet wolf, leaving red lines on one of her front legs. Enraged the hell hound jumped up on her back legs and came down on the cat, grasping its scruff in her fangs. Using all her strength she flung the wildcat on its back and pounced one again, her now bloodstained maw wrapping around its exposed neck. The wolf put more and more pressure on the cat's neck, hearing its gasps, its front paws clawing frantically at her chest and legs. She didn't stop. More pressure, more, and more. The feline's protests became weaker and more infrequent. Then a small pathetic mewing sound reached the lupine's ears, and her eyes turned to see the small cub at the den's entrance. STOP! A voice inside her head screamed. Jaws slowly removed themselves from the wildcat's neck. As soon as the canine was off of it the mother cat dashed inside the den with her cub.

The beast that had emerged from her crawled back to its hiding place, leaving Savina to reclaim her usual self. She was panting hard. Red scratches covered a good portion of her body and blood was leaking through her pitch black fur. Green orbs, the fire now gone, glazed over. The mild-mannered female was in shock of what she had done, what she had almost done. Then she remembered the small dark pup. She staggered over to where he was hiding in the underbrush. "Its all over now little one." Her voice was soft and weak. "Let's get you back to mansion and Naniko can tend to those scratches." The two of them began their walk back to the house.

[/html]
He found his spot to hide. He didn't want to see the lady that saved him get hurt he was sure she was going to get hurt bad. After all it was a wild cat, and the wild cat had already claimed his eye. He hope that some of the sight would come back, though after the grunted, and snarls, and then some where out of the whole mess came her soft voice like an Angel from Haven coming to take him away, he looked up at her with a slight whimper, as he stumbled out from the bush that he had taken to hiding in, his little tail shook side to side, glad that she had came when she did, she saved him. She was his hero. Maybe Jazper would leave him alone, and maybe Lucifer would play with him more since he was hurt.

He stopped looking back over his shoulder with the one eye that didn't hurt to see the mother cat and her child in the cave, looking at them, with a look to let them know they had won this fight, and this round though next time he or any one else might not be as lucky as he was to have her come running after him. The child gave a whimper looking back to where the lady was walking, digging his heals in the child walked with her. He shifted his wight so he would be able to feel her walk, he looked up at her, he hurt...but he wanted to be strong and brave."Your Pretty!"
[html]
Nani's gonna come in in the next post to bandage us both up Wink

Her pace was slow. Adrenaline and her madness had dulled the pain of the injuries when they had been inflicted, but now that both were leaving her her whole body began to ache and sting where air touched her open wounds. Savina felt the pup walk as close to her as he could, making sure they touched. She didn't mind, it was good to know he was there. Good to know he hadn't been harmed any further. At least she had accomplished that. "Your Pretty!" Her sable head turned to look down at the blue eyed pup, and a soft motherly smile graced her muzzle. "Why thank you little one. What is your name?" She bent down to give him another comforting lick on the top of his dark little head.

After what seemed like ages the mansion finally came into view. The wolfess felt weak, very weak. She looked up at the house, hoping that Naniko was there. "Naniko!" She called out, as loud as she could in her present state. Continuing to stumble, with the pup beside her, up to the house. She did her best not to whine, she didn't want to worry the pup. Certainly the femme looked bad enough. She figured they would be mostly superficial wounds, they would scar, but not cause the loss of hair growth so they wouldn't be visible. Or at least she hoped that. Either way right now they hurt like hell.

[/html]
He loved how she felt, so warm. He wanted to lay down next to her once they got to the house and snuggle up to her, and sleep. Oh how wonderful it all sounded, a warm bed with out his other two brother's kicking at him, or hearing Jazper's snoring. Oh it would be bliss. The young male, didn't want to move to far away from her side, as long as he could feel the heat off of her leg, he knew, somehow that nothing bad would happen to him, she was his saftly net. The child gulped, he didn't want to tell her his real name, if she knew his real name then he would have to know of his father, and to know of his father, that would mean Jazper would find out. The little pup flattened his ears out, with a whine, as he came off with a name. "Harry...Harry Potter" yeah that name would do, no one would ever find out who his father was. Oh he was one slick little lair he was, and oh how proud little Noah Sawtooth was, for thinking that though.

Seeing the mansion the boy slunk back, he didn't want to be here, he didn't want to here the nagging of Jazper and the I told ya so from him, or hearing Lucifer sigh and whine about and talk about how he don't want him to have the same life that he did. Oh how the dark child wished for freedom beyond these lands, how he wanted to go out and play and not worry about when he had to come home. Then..Then her mouth opened, and called out some one that Noah wished he hadn't heard, he slammed his other eye shut and shook his head, no no no no. He didn't want her coming, and he figured if he kept his eyes shut he wouldn't see her, after all the other eye all he was seeing was white fuzz, and basic shadows. "Not her..." He would rather gimp around on a broken leg then have to see Naniko face, when she find out that he was out playing with cats.
[html]

She was opening the window when she saw the two of them, Savina carrying the pup up to the house. It wasn't what she was expecting, having just let Ember go back home after fixing her up the last time. Nowadays there was a constant flux of patients coming in and out of the house, both from inside and outside of the lands.

She hurried down the stairs, going out to the porch and then toward them. "Savina! Noah! What happened?" She couldn't take the boy, as she was in her four legged form, but she went up onto her back legs, nosing him with concern. She was definitely worried.

[/html]
[html]
I laughed when Noah said his name was Harry Potter XD

Savina turned her head back to the pup, wondering why he didn't want to see Naniko. Surely he wanted to have her take care of his wound, he could lose his eye if she didn't. But then it came to her, all she had to do was think like a puppy. He probably thought that he was going to get in trouble. She nuzzled her snout against the side of his head and whispered to him softly. "Its okay Harry, you won't get in trouble. They're just going to be glad you're home safe. You need to have Naniko look at your wounds though, or they could get worse."

The Lacerta was so relieved to see the Andromeda come out of the house towards them. "Savina! Noah! What happened?" Noah? The sable femme looked back at the little dark pup and gave him a look, raising one eyebrow. It wasn't a scolding look, more of a "you little stinker" one. Then she looked back to the ivory wolfess rushing towards them. "A wildcat cub got him. I heard his yelp while I was walking around and ran to find him. I got him away from the cub, but before we could get away the mother was on us. I told Noah to hide while I fought it off." As Naniko worried over the boy the beaten ebony female sunk down to sit on her haunches. She was exhausted, the fight had taken a lot out of her. Both physically and emotionally. "The den is over by the lake. I'm hoping after this they'll move out of the territory but who knows. We're going to have to keep an eye out and be careful."

[/html]
Sorry for the pp James, change it. beat me, ignore it what ever dear Smile

The male sat down beside the dark lady hearing Naniko voice, he opened his good eye looking up at the dark lady, her raised eye brow let him know that she had caught onto his little lie about what his name was, he offered up a cheesy smile, with a soft giggle. So he thought he was in the clearing and part of him had hoped that Naniko had forgotten who he was, the male licked his paw, his whole body was tender, he felt like the cat had sent him though a blender. "Nanie....Your not going to tell Dad or Jazper are you? Pleasssse?!" The pup walked over to the female and started to rub against her, trying to love up on her. "I loove you Auntie Nanie.."
[html]
<3

"I love you too, Noah."The light colored wolf was more inclined to see to Noah first, because of the location of his injuries and because of his age, and she shot Savina an apologetic look as she spoke to Noah. "That you got beaten up by a baby kitty cat? Of course not, Silly. It'll be a secret between me, Savina, and you. She did a good job of protecting you."She knew that Noah was very wild, with his mother having been exiled a few months back, but she did still expect some sort of manners from him. "Isn't there something you should say to her, for standing up for you?"

Pups did get into trouble a lot. "Let's see. Let me get some bandages from inside, and you can help me out with fixing you up. I might need a paw or two." She went for the bandages, coming back out with them. "I don't know if there will be any lasting damage to the eye or not...we'll just have to wait and see. I'll make you and Savina some tea for the pain, though." She hadn't had the chance to see what the dark female's injuries were. Naniko took one wet bandage and wiped gently at his eye. "Maybe the swelling will go down, and then we'll see." It was important to keep infection away, so she took some clean, dry bandages, wrapping one around his head, over one eye. "Keep this on, and find me again tomorrow morning"

Naniko picked up the wet bandages, putting them into the trash can. She then looked to the adult, tail sweeping against the dark carpet. "Now it's your turn. Where does it hurt?"

[/html]
[html]

Pillars of sand.

As Naniko gave Savina an apologetic look for seeing to little Noah first she just shook her head. She wouldn't have had it any other way. The dark femme knew that the pup must be in pain, and his injury was in a more critical area than hers were. She sat patiently as the Andromeda tended to Noah, giving the boy soft smiles whenever he would turn her way. The little bugger definitely had spirit if nothing else. Charm too, she had to admit. The Italian wolf watched as the ivory lady cleaned and bandaged Noah's eye and head. She knew that there was no way that she could've been there any faster than she had been, but it still hurt that he might lose his sight or his eye. She wished she could've done more.

Now it was her turn. Focusing on the pup had kept her from thinking about her own pain, but now it returned clear as day. The female shifted a bit as Naniko asked her where she hurt. Emerald eyes closed and her face winced as she moved. "It kind of hurts everywhere...though especially where the scratches are." Many of the cuts were fairly minor, for what they were. However the ones on her shoulder were pretty nasty, and a set on the upper part of her right front leg as well.

[/html]
The child tried not to move around while the ivory lady was tending to him, all the fuss over his eye and a few cut? Heck even if it hurt, he wouldn't let him-self cry to much, he couldn't let all these pretty ladys see him crying, that would be..like so uncool. The male grunted as she wrapped the banged over his eye, he wanted every one to see his cuts, he thought they where cool. Not because it would get the girls, no he didn't want a girl friend, they where yicky, unless they could roll around in the mud with him. That was the only cool type of girls, and of course boys where cool. Looking up to the white lady he was lost, "I told her she was pretty. What else should I tell her? the male flopped him-self down on ground near the two female, was there something that he need to say? He grunted, not liking the idea of something that he needed to say.

While Naniko was patching up Savina, the male gave a giggle as his face twisted up into in impish grin, as he gingerly placed a paw on his saviors. Oh he didn't want to hurt her, he wanted her to know that he was still there. "Thank you for beating that cat up! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Can we do it again? Like maybe next week..or something. Blood and guts are awesome! Blood, was awesome because it was such a pretty color and it was warm...and it was like mud, just not as thick. Oh..Oh the many of joys. "Oh oh can we can we?" His eye shot between Naniko and Savina, waiting on one of them to tell him yes.
[html]
<3

She shook her head at the dark male, but she grinned despite herself. "That's not what I meant. Though she certainly is pretty." The girl gave a critical eye to Savina's scratches, putting some ointment on each one. She knew that the stuff would sting a bit, but also trusted that Savina knew that too, and that she would be able to handle it. She hadn't put any of the ointment on Noah's eye because she hadn't wanted to infect it further; eyes reacted very differently to things, and she wasn't sure if such treatment would make him go completely blind in that eye or if it would help heal it.

"No more fighting wildcats." She told the young boy sternly. "You should leave them up to Savina and me. Maybe sometime we can go and scout them out, if they're still around. I'm still in good enough shape that I could stalk a couple of cats." She was feeling a bit tired, and picked up her supplies in her teeth, throwing away what needed to be tossed and putting the rest up on a shelf. "Stay in Twilight Vale for the next few days, Noah, so I can keep an eye on your...eye." And with that the fem started up the stairs.

[/html]
[html]
After Noah posts again we'll lock this one up Big Grin

Pillars of sand.

Savina winced a bit as Naniko applied the ointment to her multiple cuts. It wasn't that bad though, and she knew that it would help her wounds heal. So she sat still while her friend tended to her. The ebony female felt Noah's small paw placed on top of her own. Smiling her emerald orbs looked down into his blue ones. "You're quite welcome Noah. But Naniko is right, no more fighting cats for you. Hopefully not for me either." She knew that he wouldn't like that answer, so she thought of something to distract from that disappointment. "Tell you what, how about you and I go hunt for some smaller things later? Would you like that?"

Once the Andromeda had finished up Savina gave her a meaningful look. "Thank you Nani." The alpha headed for the house and to the Italian girl nothing sounded better than lying in bed and taking a nice long nap. She used one paw to gently pat Noah's head and then stood up. "Come on you, let's go rest up."

[/html]
Noah watched the white female put the stuff upon Savina's cuts, he curled his face up, he didn't know if they stung or not, but was he ever thankful that he wasn't going to be subjected to have to get that stuff put on him. The child shot his face down when the white lady turned away his idea for hunting those mean old wild cats, but it was cool! There was blood, and blood was the best thing ever right? Then his head sunk down when the black lady took sides with the white leader, the child whimpered, but he respected the two females, even if he didn't understand why they both felt that way. Though it never hurt to try again, "Like......bears? Or...or...Snakes...Or smaller wild cats?" Oh the child could go on forever, about all the cool things where was to hunt, there was even rats. they could bite, and it hurt then they bit.

Feeling the pat upon his head, he looked up to the black lady clueless that Naniko had left them, he was in way deep into his hunting dreams. One day he would be like his daddy, one day he would be the best hunter ever. The child gave a nod as he stood up following the black lady up the steps, he aimed his head just right so he could see the steps in front of him, he was going to master this one eye thing, he must looking really cool...like a pirate!