A Friend Indeed
[html]
I am a vision, I am justice, Never thought that I could love.
Living in shadows, Fading existence, It was never good enough
Word Count :: 000 Smile

Seeing to it that her own pack was secure for a moment, and leaving Thomas to guard the borders, as the loyal man did, she had chosen Jack, her dappled horse, to ride upon to her journey to the neighboring pack. They were relatively new, and had just been founded where Dahlia de Mai previously resided. She knew of them, and she knew that Juliet now lived there; they seemed friendly, a self-proclaimed warrior pack that fought for justice and the defense of the weak. Pleasantries aside, they would be a very useful ally to have, and coupled with Cercatori d'Arte's immense stocks and supplies, they could be a formidable duo to reckon with indeed.

She arrived on the borders of their neighbors fairly quickly, due to her steed's fast pace. Slung on her shoulder was a pack, gifts inside for their neighbors; she would never dream of showing up for the first time on a pack's borders empty-handed, as she saw that as one of the greatest transgressions. No - within her pack was a seedling of the blueberry bushes that grew in abundance in Cercatori's homeland, several sheets of garlic paper to write on as well as a pencil to accompany it, and a trio of chicken eggs nestled inside a warm, furry coat from a skinned raccoon. Satisfied, she paused Jack, patting him on the side of the head gently, and dismounted. Ensuring that Jack was calm enough, she let out a howl, mixed with warm feelings of welcome and the call for a leader from one.

You are the light that shines the way

Image courtesy of geezaweezer

<style>
.GR2_SkyeShows p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows b {font-family:verdana; color:#3c9502; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows {background-color:#a8a499; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6906/skye2g.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #c7c5be; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkyeShows .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #c7c5be; }
.GR2_SkyeShows .name {text-align:center; font-familyTonguearisienne; font-size:90px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:60px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Glass Antiqua; font-size:18px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; }
.GR2_SkyeShows .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #010101; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
fffffff should have slapped me.. I forgot about this :x / +#00!

Much of the pack had been on high alert in the days following the raid attempt on their horses. Things were finally starting to settle down a bit now as life around Fort Kingsbury returned to its normal routine. Anann's attention had once again turned to the various construction projects she hopes to accomplish this spring.

The Luna was confident that they would have enough lumber for the largest of their projects, the barn and stables, so now it was a matter of determining what else they might do with the supplies that had been stockpiled over the winter months.

An unfamiliar call broke Anann's thoughts as she looked over the ledger laid out on the large wood desk. Unfamiliar, yet it's purpose distinct Anann put away her work into one of the drawers, left the Courthouse and rode out towards their western border at a hurried pace.

It still took significant time for Anann to make the journey, though she took every precaution to avoid making her fellow leader wait any longer than necessary. Rem's pace slowed as the cream colored woman and her steed came into view. Anann gave a friend wave and greeted the other with a simple hello; saving introductions until she too had dismounted. "I am Anann Kelevra, Luna of Casa di Cavalieri. To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked warmly with a bright smile upon her face. Jazper and herself had manage to pay their own visits to many of the packs, though there were still a few they had not. Fewer still had come to their own borders, but no matter the place Anann was more than happy to learn more of their neighbors.

<style type="text/css">
.anannke-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#35a6dd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #133f55; }
.anannke-o2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.anannke-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#547d9c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UBs9m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0bbad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.anannke-o2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.anannke-o2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: / +300

The weather was starting to become more regular. The days were getting longer, the sun warming the earth and water below, and more of the Cavalierites were beginning to explore the lands, venturing further out from the comfort of the Fort. In the coming months he and Anann would be working towards fixing up the broken houses and building a few new things for the benefit of the pack. Jazper had regularly found the golden wolfess working away on construction plans for the late spring. Today, however, the friendly giant laze about under one of the trees which shaded the lawn of the Courthouse.

In one hand he held his long blade while the other slowly slide a flat stone against it’s edge. Not very far away from him a small group of the pack’s horses nibbled at the green grass. Although he recognized a couple of them he only could name Vito, his stallion. The beasts were so strange to him and once he had truly hated them. After all, he was a wolf, the top of the food chain, a predator, why would any of his species require a horse? Now he found himself confused about the animals. It was certainly nice to have something living to accompany him on long journeys, even if it was a snob of a horse. But he was still unsure of the creatures, though he admitted Vito made traveling to the North faster and easier.

A howl from the boarders caught him off guard. His ears perked and he noticed the horses momentarily look towards the source of the howl before returning to their meal. A little lazily the Knight rose to his feet, the call was somewhat familiar but he could not place the female voice, nor did he know why they would bid a leader directly. The call had not been urgent so instead of wearing himself out by running the Alpha made his way towards the boarders with a light jog.

As Jazper approached he caught the scent of Anann as well as the Artisan leader. A little surprised at the fae’s visit he quickened his pace. The two finally came into sight and the Sole quickly noted that they both had their horses. Perhaps he should have brought Vito along for the meeting after all. With a large grin he moved to stand closer to the two females. Skye! This is a welcome surprise. The giant had met briefly with the alphess at the leader feast, ending on good terms. How is my brother Taliesin? Although he forgot if he had mentioned to her of his relation to the white male that took a home within her pack, but regardless he was curious.

<style type="text/css">
.Jazzy-oo7 b {font-weight:bold; color:#977150; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #462d17; }
.Jazzy-oo7 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.Jazzy-oo7 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#765035; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/5l3v41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 375px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#bea38b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Jazzy-oo7 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.Jazzy-oo7 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I am a vision, I am justice, Never thought that I could love.
Living in shadows, Fading existence, It was never good enough
Word Count :: 000

Skye did not find herself waiting too long and before she knew it, she was face to face with one of the leaders of her neighboring pack. Skye dipped her head as a sign of respect to the other leader and smiled; each movement, each action she made was an action of charisma, of charming, of things she knew that would make her more likable. Skye found that she could pull these acts quite well, even when in the face of someone she didn't like, although she did not often choose to do so in the case of the latter.

However, she found her smile true and genuine in greeting this woman - the aire of the pack she visited was a friendly one, and the woman in front of her a visage of that aura. She mentally noted that she could now put a face to the name - Annan was the yellowish-brown woman.

"Skye Collins, leader of Cercatori d'Arte," she said amiably. Before she said anything else, Skye found that she was now in the presence of the tall black warrior Jazper. She liked Jazper - his friendly demeanor coupled with his love of his pack and fierce defense of it endeared him to her, and she was pleased to see that he was in her company once again.

"It's lovely to see you too, Jazper," she said jovially, again smiling the genuine smile that came so rarely across her face. The next words came as a surprise to the woman, although she did not show it - quickly morphing her faint surprise into an image of one who was pleasantly reminded of something, she made a mental note to link Jazper and Taliesin as brothers from now on. "He is doing quite well; I'll tell him that you said hello," she said warmly.

Then, she looked at both the leaders. "I apologize for not arriving sooner to greet our newest neighbors; I am afraid I was all caught up within Cercatori d'Arte." She accompanied the statement with a slightly goofy grin, and then brought out the pack that held the gifts for the leaders. "Please - accept these gifts as a late but no less heartfelt welcome."

You are the light that shines the way

Image courtesy of geezaweezer

<style>
.GR2_SkyeShows p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows b {font-family:verdana; color:#3c9502; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows {background-color:#a8a499; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6906/skye2g.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #c7c5be; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkyeShows .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #c7c5be; }
.GR2_SkyeShows .name {text-align:center; font-familyTonguearisienne; font-size:90px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:60px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_SkyeShows .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Glass Antiqua; font-size:18px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; }
.GR2_SkyeShows .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #010101; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
getting a migraine, so if the last paragraph doesnt make sense.. thats why..

Even though Anann had never truly been far from Cercatori d'Arte she had yet to venture towards their borders but once and that was when Shawchert had lead the then fledgling pack. As Skye made her introduction Anann briefly wondered what had happened to the large male, but it was not a lingering thought, for she had not known Shaw well and there had been no ties between them. It is good to meet you, Skye, Anann said with a broad friendly smile.

About to ask what it was that had brought Skye to the borders of Casa di Cavalieri Anann paused as she noticed Jazper approach. Not knowing what the Sole might have otherwise been in engaged in Anann had not known if he would also be answer the call was glad to see he had, especially when it appeared that Jazper and Skye already knew each other well enough for casual introductions.

I know what you mean. I, too, have been wishing to travel to you own borders for such a cause, yet find myself occupied with matters here. It is hard to get away sometimes. Anann had faced the same struggle and could understand perfectly why it had taken Skye so long and Anann was just as much to fault. There was no insult to be taken in the fact that introductions between the two packs had taken a bit long given the meager distance between them, not when there had not been any true avoidance from either side. The gift was left for Jazper to accept, as it only seemed appropriate.

For now Anann left the lead up to Jazper and Skye as to where their conversations might go, not knowing what Skye might already know of their pack from Jazper, if anything at all. Eventually Anann wished to broach the subject of trade between their packs, what d’Arte could provide them with and what they would like in return. Aside from horses and manpower, there was little that Casa di Cavalieri had to offer on a large scale, at least not yet. It would be good to learn know what resources they could get the most benefit from.

<style type="text/css">
.anannke-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#35a6dd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #133f55; }
.anannke-o2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.anannke-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#547d9c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UBs9m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 200px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0bbad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.anannke-o2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.anannke-o2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]