red of tooth and claw
Set in Ethereal Eclipse. Big Grin

[html]
Now that they had gathered the needed supplies from liquor to tents and beyond, meeting back up and heading out to the area he and Nikita had scouted wasn't very hard at all. Though the weather certainly acted as though it wanted to rain, the morning sun poked its way out and broke through the haze and fog of the forest. The eerie air about the place did little to deter Laurel's almost upbeat march forward and the muggy air didn't wipe the grin from his face like it normally would have. Truth be told, it was nice to finally see things come together and after a while of travelling around, the time had come to settle in one place for a while. Passing the lake that they had used for a landmark on the way out, Laurel spoke up finally. “That's the lake I mentioned earlier when we left Halifax. The little campsite isn't too much further up the road from here but it's nice and spacious so there's room to grow or to spread out.”
[/html]
[html]
The male had done his fair share of dragging things, using Jasper's wagon and his bags to pile up as much as he possibly could handle while Laurel led the way. His eyes swept the area, mind planning out different aspects of the life they could now share and support. "Its full of promise." he said quietly, almost reverently. Already he was itching to start building, maybe a fence for their garden, a more stable set up for housing......it was all so fresh and new, there was plenty of opportunity for them so long as they could just take it.
[/html]
[html]
Jasper walked quietly behind Laurent, arms wrapped tightly around stuffed white rabbit from his childhood, the one that he had held on to for so long, meant as a gift for his cousin. Ears tipped forward to listen to the words spoken, then the quiet words from his lover, and Jasper sped up just a bit, sweeping his gaze across the area. Releasing one hand from the rabbit, his arm dropped and snaked forward some so that he could gently take Laurent's free hand. Then, once all was quiet and the young male thought it was okay to speak, he rose to the very tips of his toes and leaned in toward Laurent, whispering. "Does that mean we have to sleep outside?"

[/html]
He did not have much to bring, just a few old things that he carried in a backpack slung over his shoulders. Maps, a book or two, and a picture of Devlin. He had taken his mate's things after they'd cut the rope and let him fall into he sea. Some of them had been things that Zephyr had given him, stuff that he didn't want anyone else to get their hands on.

Zeph looked to Laurent, having heard the whispered question. He'd been wondering it himself. He did not have any real need for shelter, but it would be nice to sleep inside again, with a roof over his head. He listened to Laurel's words, red eyes sweeping around the area, looking for what he mentioned. It would still be a ways away, probably, but he was interested in seeing it either way.
[html]
Looking somewhat like Santa Claus, what with a well-sized make-shift sack of scrounged items from the city slung over her shoulder, Nikita followed as silently as ever behind Laurel. Though he visage looked mostly uninterested, her bright olive eyes were darting from place to place as they neared the area where they had dumped the rest of their stuff (something she was glad to have done, for dragging her cello back along with all of this stuff would have been nothing short of back-breaking). Laurel reported that this was the place, and a few hushed murmurs swept through the three of the group that hadn’t been there expressly before. Though she could only hear hushed snippets of conversation, she was able to piece together Jasper’s inquiry and burst into a broad grin. She knew that any shelter they would have would have to be pitched by their own hands. Which was all the better; there was a sense of accomplishment in living in a home built yourself. Much better than shivering in the shadows of the monoliths that the humans had put up before disappearing. Not saying anything (as per usual), the female coyote simply bore her burden and continued plodding towards the site they had chosen.
[/html]
[html]
Yes, it was certainly full of promise to any prospective group that wanted to utilize it. With the dense fog that rolled through at times and the thick forests offering plentiful shade, the cooler temperatures would make the rest of the summer easier. Plus the whole lake thing probably helped them out in more than one way too, clearly with greater intentions that Laurel had even thought about. Upon hearing Jasper's whisper in the close knit group, he debated answering for a moment but only smiled. It hadn't been whispered to him anyway, but he spoke on about something else altogether.

“Once we get settled in, or at least get our stuff set down for more than a moment, I could probably scourage up from food from somewhere. The rest of you can set up tents or find something to build a half decent lean-to for now… we can always go back to the city later and pick up some other things if you're looking for something more permanent.” Of course, he wasn't sure he would give in to that desire, being as fleet of foot as he was. Through some brush that had overgrown the path, it was only another dozen or so steps before they had stumbled upon the things that he and Nikita had left behind earlier.

“And… here you have it.”
[/html]
[html]
Laurent couldn't hide the grin that appeared lazily across his face at Jasper's low whisper. "My spoiled darling..." He murmured affectionately, squeezing the hand he had been given. "I'll make you a palace with my own two hands..." He promised, intent on making them at least something suitable to live in that would keep the rains out. He knew a few stores were bound to have some tarp to help with his efforts. "I can give you a hand later with hunting if you'd like Laurel, we could even start establishing some borders of our own." His ears flicked up curiously, and he realized either he had not been paying attention, or his issue had not been addressed. "And do we have a name for our motley crew?"
[/html]
[html]
A sheepish grin cast itself across the younger male's face at the moment that Laurent spoke, nodding his head slightly at the words. It was very true, in all honesty, because he had been raised living inside spectacular buildings, at least until the point that he left Europe. Holding tightly to the rabbit, Jasper's gaze followed Laurent's as it swept around the area. "I could make stew!" He piped up at the talk of hunting, his voice much more loud and clear than it had been in any of their previous gatherings. Though, with the talk of hunting came another thought. Leaning in again, he whispered once more to his lover. "Should we tell them about my nose?" It might be an important fact, since it made Jasper useless in many different aspects.

[/html]
He did not mind where he slept, as long as it was out of the rain. They had taken turns sleeping in the cabins in the ship, and not all nights had been clear. He wondered about the weather in this place, if it rained often. So far in his time here it had. Were there a real difference between seasons, too? He had only been here around a month, wandering around the Souls territory, so he had yet to get the full scope of it.

The male listened to what the others had to say, keeping along with them as he looked about. A name? He guessed that a new pack did need a name. [html]"Dunno. Yeh got anything in mind, lad?"[/html]
[html]
If she put her mind to it, she could remember a dozen or so homes that they had had in the past few years. This, however, might have to take the cake for being the most idyllic. Standing to where she could see the landscape that faded away to the shores of the glittering lake, her eyes grew dull — which they tended to do when she was faraway in her mind. And so she was; thinking of this place and the new life they would forge here. This lasted for a few moments before she drifted back to herself, and her olive eyes retained their fierce glint. Once Laurel was done speaking, she walked back to the place where they had left all the items and dropped the bag of stuff they had gathered earlier — though softly enough to where nothing inside would be damaged. By time she returned to the rest of the group, she heard Laurent ask what the name of the group would be. Her eyes flicked towards her long-time companion for his answer — Laurel was definitely the creative mind of their duo.

Nikita had to force back rumblings from her stomach at the mention of stew — something that was a little bit more desirable in some ways than shifting to all four legs and hunting down something the old-fashioned way.
[/html]
[html]

A broad smile came across his face when Jasper clearly announced that he could make a stew; no doubt from the passing glints between the two coyotes, a stew was something that didn't turn up very often. “Well then, Jasper, I guess that means I'll have to dig out a nice pit to make a fire in for you. A stew would be fantastic.” But then came the enviable question as to what to call the place. Laurel nodded appropriately, having already picked out the name long before he had even come across Laurent. “Yeah, I do. Esper Hollow was what I came up with,” and whether or not it was good enough was now out of his hands. It was really what he called that particular section of the forest, although it was far from an esper but definitely lived to being a hollow of sorts. It simply fit, in his mind, with such an alluring ring to it. So now if things were settled, there was much setting up left to be done and Laurel took his eyes from the group and began to gesture outward as he spoke. “Once everyone's rested up, feel free to stake your claim at the fine real estate here and set up whatever you like,” and directly thereafter he added with a laugh, “and then maybe we can help Jasper get some things together to make a good homemade stew.”
[/html]
ooc: Maybe an 'inventor' rank? I don't know. I can choose something else if that's not okay.

These lands were new to them, but he did not feel that it would take them very long to settle in. It would be nice to have someplace to put his head where he did not have to be worried about being attacked or about whether he would have enough food. Zephyr wasn't good at much, really, so he was not sure how well he would fit in with the others, but he did have a passion for one thing. He really enjoyed finding things that did not work and making them work again...and inventing new ways to do certain tasks. He wasn't sure what that meant, though, or if it could even be a job that he might have in this new place. "Sounds great"
[html]
Jasper waited patiently as the others looked around and spoke, ears cupping forward to catch Laurel's words. The comment about him making his stew caused a quick nod and he immediately took his attention to Laurent, though he said nothing for the time. It wasn't until he was sure that everyone had finished speaking and were ready to go on their way that he gave a faint tug on Laurie's hand, shuffling a bit closer to the large male. "Lets go to my dad's camp and get a few pots." Certainly Ahren wouldn't mind him borrowing some, so long as he brought them back. With the decision made, the two men offered their good-byes and went on their way.

[/html]