May the god of me protect my soul
Located at the Shattered Coast in the late afternoon.
[html]
[/html]The jagged rocks and harsh shoreline was soothing to Tayui. She liked the sound of the water breaking against the sand and how it was so different from the western coast. Where the western coast was harsh and had huge, high tides, this coast was different. But in both, the smell of salt and the water was strong and she liked it. Even though she was plagued by emotions of confusion and doubt, right here and right now, she felt as though things might be okay.

Of course, it could all go away. When she thought of Vesper, she felt selfish and happy: she was happy that Vesper didn’t hate her anymore, but there was more to consider. She felt so guilty knowing that it was her fault that Vesper had to see that poor slave murdered. Even if Vesper bore many scars of battle, the murder of an innocent didn’t get any easier. Tayui did not feel right knowing that she had been the reason for that slaves’ death. She caused it and she was guilty.

She had been moving continuously for the past half hour, pacing idly across the sand and the rocks. She had little trouble making her way across the jagged ground, as her large paws lent her stability and traction. Her pale white form clashed with the cold, dark water. Her pacing was endless and her mind was racing, but she couldn’t rest. The sun was too bright and she had too much blood on her paws. Even if she tried, she couldn’t wash it all away. [html]
[/html]
[html]
Ayita Catori
But you never can run from

Nor hide what you've done from the eyes

The very eyes of Notre Dame

Word Count :: ### PP with permission

Ayita had found herself outside the land of the court. She was tired today though she had not done much in the last few days. She found herself out in the land a faded blue dress that was torn in places. She was chilled slightly by the cool spring air. She had nothing with her but she was out here not looking for anything.

The Catori matriarch moved one delicate foot after another moved her across the land. She looked across the land blue eyes watching looking for something to happen. Off to her left she could see someone the aging female looked at the other.

Ayita turned fully to look at the white woman. She seemed to have been in a scuffle or something. Blue eyes looked her over trying to figure out. Excuse me She said as she moved closer to her. Do you need some help She was to kind to turn away. She always seemed to throw her own safety to the wind when it came to helping others. She had no idea whether or not this woman could be dangerous.

table by marie

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.eyes-template { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... s/eyes.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top right; background-color:#81a1b6; width:580px; height:540; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:40px 0px 10px 0px; color:#253c6b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.eyes-template .title {text-align:center;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:3px 300px 5px 5px; line-height:100%; color:#ffffff;}
.eyes-template .text {height:330px; width:300px; overflow:auto;}
.eyes-template b {color:#ffffff; }
.eyes-template p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.eyes-template p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.eyes-template .name {text-align:center; font-size:60px; margin:3px 300px 5px 5px;; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #35240c; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; color:#002f5c;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
[/html]Along the coast, everything lost its individuality. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was furious in Tayui’s ears and obscured the sounds of lesser noises. Scents were thrown around casually and the ocean tossed them back in her face every time it raced to meet her. Confusion was the rule of the land and the reason why few wolves ventured so near the water. They were dangerous.

It was not until the other wolf was nearing her – too close for comfort – that Tayui heard her. She had been focused on the now and had forgotten everything else. The world rushed to meet her and Tayui did her best not to stagger back from the vertigo. She felt the fur on the back of her neck bristle when the wolf stepped closer and stated a question. There was no inflection in it, so Tayui did not think she had been asked so much as demanded. Haughty, Tayui narrowed her eyes and regarded the female with a cool shake of her head.

“No,” she replied tonelessly. “Why—do you think that?” she queried. Her curiosity was perhaps as insatiable as it had always been, but of course, with a new touch of malignance she had acquired in her time as a loner. [html]
[/html]
Sorry crappy mind shot. >..>

Ayita had to admit that she was out of her element her zone. Ayita had always been so out going but after so long of staying with in the borders to her home. She found herself not really as out going as she once had been but she tried to correct this by forcing herself to go out. She had moved herself closer to the white woman but there seemed to be a tension that she had not quite expected. Looking at her she didn't move waiting for something.

Oh umm I well.. I was trying to be polite. the french woman spoke as she tried to stand her ground. She wasn't really sure what was going to happen. Crystal blue eyes looked at the the white woman there were signs that she had been in a scuffle. Though the few signs were fading and it was almost hard to tell.
[html]
[/html]Tayui flicked her ears forward and kept them there, dominant, as she listened. Politeness? Hah! She had no use for such things. She should send this wolf on her way, for she had not asked to be disturbed. Of course, she had approached many a loner before with the intent of seeking information, so she wondered if it was hypocritical to send someone away when she had been that someone only a short time ago.

The wind carried the wolf’s scent and Tayui quickly realized that she was a pack wolf. She had no need to be approaching loners. She stank of her pack and Tayui disliked it. No one should remain in one place for so long. She hadn’t, so why should anyone else? Bitter and scorned, Tayui turned her head ever so slightly to look at the wolf out of the corner of her eye.

“Well, my dear girl, I assure you – I am quite fine, and I need none of your… help,” she replied. Her words flowed easily, as if velvet or satin. At the last word, she paused and then lowered her voice, as she lowered her gaze to examine the wolf in all of her entirety. Yes, she needed none of her assistance. [html]
[/html]
Ayita tried to hold pride in herself but she couldn't help but feel the desire to turn and run away. the wolven woman stood here and planted herself firmly. The woman did not move nor say a thing but Ayita could feel the tension welling up in the air. She lifted her head up to watch the woman she felt herself moving back as the look and aura that came off the white woman.

Ayita was sure that the woman was not pleased by her being there after her voice rang out. Raised to be polite and caring to all who came in contact with her. This was why she had stopped to help. This is why her home was always over run with children who needed a home. The catori woman found herself uneasy and moving another step back. "I do not understand why you are so hostile. She spoke almost stuttered.

The wind blew again forcing Ayita's hair outta place. Lifting a brown hand Ayita pulled at her black locks. What should she do. She found herself not knowing what she should do.
[html]
[/html]The wolf took a step back and Tayui took one forward. She did not want to lose ground, especially since the wolf’s retreat was likely psychological. It also meant that she would put more distance between herself and the pure and perfect water. The sea had no need for a creature such as Tayui. She dishonoured it by lingering so close. It would be best if she left it until she regained herself.

The wolf questioned her hostility and Tayui smiled softly. She liked how her mind was full of thoughts of harm and hatred, but she could smile like this. For so long after Noir’s death, she could not bring herself to smile when she was happy. Now, she found it simple to call forth such an action even when inappropriate. It amused her greatly.

“I am not hostile, dear girl,” she replied. She held out her paw, as if to gesture after something, but set it down after a few moments. She smiled once more when she realized she had stopped. “I am anything but hostile,” she added. Her words flowed once more like pure water over treacherous rocks. But a quiet brook would give way to a torrent soon enough if there was enough rain. [html]
[/html]
Ayita found herself lost in a tangle of inner thoughts and what she knew she should do. She knew she should leave and let the woman be but her grand mother prided herself in teaching her grandchildren. Ayita was her grand mothers true pride she took after the woman kind to all. even in the face of danger or her own fear she tried to help anyone

Ayita looked to the woman feeling herself with draw another step. I take your slight aggression as hostility. Those of the Catori line are taught to be kind and care for those who may need help. She said as she tried to assert herself in some way. And I'm no girl not like a child, I'm a woman. one that was aging everyday. Her birthday was coming soon and it made her slightly sad. Another year down the drain. Blue eyes looked at the white woman. What should she do?
So, since this is super hard to reply to (I doubt Ayita would want to hang around), you could have her exit and end here? XD <3
[html]
[/html]Tayui watched the girl dubiously as she proclaimed her lineage and her values. Well, she thought to herself, that’s… nice? Tayui found it difficult to really care – after all, she had approached Tayui and she was now lecturing Tayui one being hostile? Really? Honestly, Tayui didn’t give a fuck. It was nice that this girlwolf was a nice creature. Really, it was, and Tayui was certain that someone out there cared. But she was at a loss for words because she didn’t want to be talking to this idiot wolf in the first place. Some canines really were rather thick.

Of course, then the girl had to assert that she was a woman and not a girl. Again, Tayui gave her a blank, disinterested stare.

“Look sweetie, if you’re so offended, you can just leave,” she replied in a bored, saccharine tone. She tried not to smile because she figured it would only enrage this idiot wolf further. “No one’s keeping you here,” she added with a flick of her ears. These words were spoken in a slow drawl, indicating that Tayui wouldn’t likely try to keep her there, either. Hostility had been stripped down to its most pure and naked form: boredom. If the girl was peeved at Tayui’s true nature, then she could go complain to someone else.[html]
[/html]