[J]The Old Man Arrives
Desired Profession Path: Teaching
Spirit Guide (if age allows): Degataga; male; common Raven
A short history of your character's time in the Tribe: Aranck is the uncle of Achak Aatu and previously a council member. He was also the Ookah. He left the Great Tribe for two main reasons: deliver some news and to join this “rebellious” extension of the Tribe
NPC's: A female bobcat named Lomasi; also a 4 year old female canine named Tiva Ajila, who wants to be Fire Keeper.

Aranck Eluwilussit had come all the way from the Great Tribe. He probably should have come earlier to warn the AniWayans about the idiot named Maska. That would have saved everyone a load of trouble. He had warned his nephew but did anyone there listen to him? Nope. Sometimes he wondered why he even bothered. Though it was sometimes amusing to watch their mistakes.

The one mistake he thought was disastrous was the whole Maska fiasco. The coward wasn’t even going to face trial for his actions. Instead he ran away like the slimeball he was. if he ran that meant he was hiding something from everyone and that he was truly guilty. Dawali, the old Kalona, on the other hand had gone to trial and been punished with light labor. He was pretty sure that the Amara was working the tobacco fields but he wasn’t sure.

He had been traveling for over two weeks, on foot, since he didn’t really care for horses. While he walked, he considered the woman whom he assumed was still leading the place, Ulilohi Ehn. He knew her when she was growing up and her aunt who had died. He knew that if she was still there, that she would be a good leader: decisive yet reasonable. With him he had another member of Tribe named Tiva who was good company. The two of them soon enough arrived at the borders of AniWaya and He called saying that he wished to join.
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:90%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
#ulilohi p {padding:0; text-indent:0;}
#ulilohi p.wc {text-align:right;}
</style>

ohoho ;D

The councilwoman was at the stables, spending a few hours on horseback to rid herself of her more troublesome thoughts. Ever since Matteo's exile, she had not been at ease. She assumed that it was only because of the nature of the event (who was comfortable with such a thing?), and the guilt that came after. She was not guilty for Matteo, who had pushed her to treat him this way, but she was more concerned about his former mate, now without someone to live with. It couldn't be easy, and Ulilohi regretted that she had not consulted the female first, to check if perhaps she wished to go with him. While what was done was done, she could not rid her mind of the thought. The horseback riding gave her moment free of such thoughts, with just the communication between her and mount in focus. Just then, as a familiar voice's howl reached her ears, it was highly convenient, and she was quickly riding towards the source, near the borders.

It did not take her long while riding, and soon she spotted the familiar one ahead, him and some other figures. Closing, she saw a female she had not yet spoken with, though the face was not altogether a stranger's face: they were of the same age, and it could be that they had trained together at some point. The Masters often taught the children in groups. As soon as she was close enough to comfortably speak, Ulilohi dropped down from atop the horse and greeted the former councilman formally, as an elder of his status would expect. "Unalihelitseti, Aranck, you are most welcome." The councilwoman bowed her head somewhat lower than she usually did. It was a strange thing to stand here, higher in rank than him, but with him being so many years her senior. "What is your errand? Do you have news from the Great Tribe?" The questions fell out of her a bit more eagerly than she would have liked, but she was too curious and sometimes longed too much to her old home to stop herself. It was exciting to see an old, familiar face, though she was cautiously curious as to why this one in particular had come. Had chief Aatu decided to replace her? If so, it could be a welcome change, she thought, but kept silent. It would be apparent when he spoke, and she waited for his response with a calm smile on her face.

[/html]
[html]Aranck heard the horse before he howled and they got louder soon after, signifying that the rider was approaching. He gave a smile as Ulilohi came into view. His cursory look over her showed her to be in good health, if a bit stressed by something. But Aranck knew that she could handle everything well enough. Or she would be at least better than Maska.

She greeted him and he replied in kind. Unalihelitseti, Ulilohi. It has been quite sometime since I saw you. Are you well?” His tone was very friendly but then he realized that he should introduce his travel companion. ”This Tiva Ajila. She wishes to join as well as me.” There, he stated his main purpose for coming here and took care of the young’un he was with.

She asked his errand and if he had any news from the Great Tribe. ”Yes, I have two main pieces of news. One, is that Dawali Amara has given his testimony and is doing light labor as punishment, I believe he is helping in the tobacco fields. The other is more…serious. The idiot Maska Ahote has fled like the coward he is. They are still searching for him.” His tone made it clear that he disliked the man. ”Though I have a question for you, my dear. How does AniWaya compare to the Great Tribe?”[/html]

[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:90%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
</style>

Sorry for the wall-o-text, I hit a bump of inspiration, there.

They exchanged greetings, and Ulilohi found pleasure in listening to his accent: it was long since she had not been the only one to speak the language so fluently, and though she was quite used to hearing her own accented speech, it was refreshing to share it with someone. In the Great Tribe, she spoke mostly AniWayan, and she was sure of the same for Aranck. "I am well, thank you," she lied with a curtsy. Luckily, the conversation quickly moved on, and she bobbed her head in greeting towards the female standing quietly by. The Ajila family was not unknown to her, perhaps that was why she seemed vaguely familiar. His purpose was expressed in the same sentence, and Ulilohi was pleasantly surprised. Ears perking and with a sweeping gesture in the direction of the Village, she quickly asked for her new friends to accompany her back home. "There are available huts and food back at the Village." She said it simply. There was really no question about whether these two were welcome. "Which ranks did you hold in the Great Tribe, or seek to hold here?" They smelled of home, too.

Aranck brought news and Ulilohi at once ignited with interest. It was fortunate that Dawali had been given a justice that he could carry out with pride. Light labor in the fields was likely the type he would have preferred. She was certain that Chief Aatu had recognised the injustice it would have been to sentence Dawali to anything else; it was Maska who was the main culprit, and Dawali had been oppressed alongside the rest of the members of AniWaya. This, she felt with relief, but the other news darkened her face at once. "That is ill news, Aranck. He escaped en-route to home? What a vile creature he must be to flee from justice like that. I worry that these news might strike fear into the other tribesmembers here; it is perhaps best not to tell them of it." The councilwoman looked at the two with a face asking for their confirmation that they would keep silent about it. She did not enjoy keeping secrets, but it could be necessary, at least until they knew more of his whereabouts. When he asked his next question, Ulilohi was more than happy to shift the conversation's focus. "The wolves here are brought up different than the Great Tribe, but superficially things are mostly the same, though you will find that they are ingrained in the culture on various depths, and not as deeply as you are used to. The region is not conflict-free, either." Matteo's exile came to mind. "The different packs have different standards and morals, but nothing the Great Tribe has not seen before. Things are mostly peaceful here in the southern regions, now that Maska has been removed." After coming here, it was hard to understand how Maska had found the neighboring packs dangerous. Savina and Vigilante had been nothing but courteous to her since her arrival, despite her obviously lower place in the hierarchy between them.

[/html]
When she said that she was fine, Aranck could tell that there was something off about her answer and he narrowed his eyes slightly but he let it slide, for now. Instead he promised himself to keep an eye on both her and the tribe members to see if there was anything that was bothering her. He remembered her aunt well and had been extremely fond of the woman before her death. He also remembered Ulilohi when she was growing up.

He nodded at the news of food and huts but didn’t think there was much of a need to say anything about it. Her question was expected and he gave a cheeky grin. ”Well, I was Ookah back home but I find myself wanting to try something new. So I believe I shall be a teacher.” Tiva spoke then., ”I was a firekeeper back home and wish to continue those duties.” He was originally not happy that they decided to send someone to babysit him but he found her pleasant company.

Her reception to the news he brought was also expected and he nodded at not saying anything and Tiva did as well. ”Do you plan on tell them eventually?” It would be useful for them to know some point soon but he would not breath a word of this to anyone until she said otherwise. He knew that she was above him as a leader and member of a pack whereas he was a loner. Yet he was a bit surprised that Taga was not showing himself or talking. He gave a mental shrug. The Spirit Guide was odd at times. Though he grinned when Lomasi rubbed against his ankle. ”This is my pet, Lomasi, and my Sprit Guide is Degataga, a common raven. He apparently has decided to hide today.” He nodded as she spoke of how on the surface AniWaya was similar but many were not cultured in the beliefs. ”Oh, I’m sure Maska loved that.” His tone was snarky and sarcastic but secretly he was sure that he would enjoy the place. ”I assume then, we’ve been accepted?”
[html]
<style>
</style>

Ulilohi was glad when she heard that Aranck sought a different rank than the one he had held in the Great Tribe. It would be quite unacceptable to simply let him come to this tribe and slide right into the highest tier, when nobody knew him but Ulilohi. But was no longer a problem, and she nodded with a smile, easily picturing Aranck as a teacher. Tiva's rank could easily be done, too. These were the types of ranks where someone from the Great Tribe could really contribute to the knowledge being learned. Ulilohi found that they struggled a lot with understanding the culture on their own, and an example would certainly help them on their way. "Very well, we can easily do that. You'll be our first teacher, Aranck!" She had come here and realized that Dawali had not established this tier. Finding it lacking, she had created it, but none had so far sought the rank.

The other two agreed to keep quiet, and Ulilohi answered Aranck's question, even though he was prying a little bit. She supposed it was difficult not to; he was used to being an authority. "I will tell them when we know something more, but for now there is nothing to tell but of potential threat. I sure hope they find him." She was grave as she spoke about this. The sly bastard ought to be in the Great Tribe by now, publically punshied for his treason. The old male in front of her introduced his feline friend who came sneaking up to brush against his legs, and Ulilohi gladly smiled in half-pretend greeting at the creature. She merely nodded at the sarcastic remark he made about Maska; if anyone was a fanatical prude, it was Maska. Hopefully he lay dead somewhere, his sickly self unable to sustain himself. That would be a fitting end for someone so dependent on others, and yet so controlling and vile. On a lighter note, Ulilohi found it easy to reply to Aranck's questions now, and the awkwardness she felt at their age gap and history in the council was evaporated. "Well, I would think the answer is obvious, don't you?" The giant female winked playfully at them, rewarded by a quiet smile by Tiva. She assumed Aranck had never really doubted that he would gain entry into her little tribe, anyway. She was quite excited to introduce them to the others: they were a substantial strengthening of the tribe's possibilities and cultural development.

[/html]

Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!

OOC: End with your post?

IC: It appeared that the girl, well now woman, that he knew from back in the Great Tribes was glad that he didn’t come into AniWaya and demanded the highest rank of medicine. He was not like Maska and even if he did wish to continue to be a priest, he would start at the bottom tier like most people. But as it was, he really wanted to start anew and pass his knowledge, advice, and years of experience to those ignorant of things. But he was surprised that no one else was a teacher. ”There are no other teachers? Did they not have them or is number of members too low to have canines in each tier?” But he was glad to be the only teacher nonetheless.

Aranck’s prying had little to do with him having been in authority but instead had to do with him being a nosy person. But she still answered him and he nodded at her response. He muttered, ”I hope that they dip him head first into a freezing cold river until he comes to his senses or drowns.” Although his voice was quiet, he really didn’t give a hoot if the two of them heard him or not. Her question brought a grin to his face and a twinkle to his eye. ”Well with someone like me, you never know.” But he wanted to rest his aching bones and find out where he could stay. ”Could you maybe show us where we can stay?” He mostly meant for himself since he was sure Tiva would want to explore. That would come later for him, like tomorrow.
[html]
<style>
</style>

Their numbers were far from even being comparable to those of the Great Tribe, and judging by Aranck's reaction to how he would be their first teacher. Well, that, and Ulilohi had only recently created the rank. Still, the tribe lacked members in some ranks still, but Ulilohi hoped that this would even out in time. "We did not have a teacher tier until recently, I believe Dawali did not have enough knowledge about it to adequately help them, should they need it. So I guess this is our chance to more properly record the history of this tribe!" Dawali was knowledgeable, but not with writing and history, and not with growth and crops either. It was more than likely that since he could not aid them in leading these chores, he had eliminated them as ranks. Ulilohi smiled as she spoke, glad of the chance to include more aspects of the Great Tribe into this one.

She chuckled at his continuation of their joke, and they moved ever closer to the Village, the plume of smoke from the Great Fire growing clearer and its scent increasing. She moved with light steps, and Aranck's question was answered by a generally wide gesture towards the Village huts. "Fortunately, there are several uninhabited huts. Pick one at your leisure. And you are welcome to the Town Hall afterwards for a meal, if you want to. That's where you will find me most days, unless I am busy with duties." The councilwoman smiled gently, nodding towards the Town Hall, the biggest building there, as she did. And with that, she dipped her head. "I must return to my duties now, but I welcome you again."

[/html]