[M]Finding a late dinner, or not.
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

Inocencio stalked through the poorly lit forest of Ethereal Eclipse, dense vegetation blocking a majority of the only source of illumination, a crescent moon hanging in an overcast sky. Green eyes scanned the area occasionally for some sign of a small animal that he might be able to take down on his own, his inexperience at hunting leaving the male wary of trying a larger prey animal. With night having long since fallen, Inocencio was beginning to worry that all he would find was the bitter chill of a cold early spring night, without the benefit of a full belly to warm him.

Thoughts of finding someone to sucker out of a meal rolled through Inocencio's mind, a little bit of anger rising up at how unlucky he had been at finding such a mark. It was how he normally fed himself, through stealing, conning, and occasionally trading what he had stolen or found. Hunting was just not something the male had ever become very adept at, usually ending up scavenging someone's hard work, or eating some sort of rodent. Given the direction he was headed was also where the light wind was carrying his scent, it wasn't likely he would find much , but he had not thought of that particular detail with thoughts focused on how badly he wanted an easy meal.

Eventually Inocencio would give up on filling his stomach, and stop to rest beneath a rather large tree, sitting down to lean against it. A shiver ran through Inocencio's body, causing his fur to shake noticeably, and the male to consider where he should set up for the night. With the slight clearing caused by the large tree that he rested against, he was considering the idea of starting a camp fire, but didn't fancy his odds of managing the feat in a timely manner. Frustration was probably evident in Inocencio's eyes as he pondered how to spend the night with both an empty belly, and with chilly weather keeping him up.
[html]

OOC here.

What she had done was very, very foolish. Still with one leg broken Terra had managed to convince a bear that she wasn't any threat, letting her move in too close to his meal. A single snap of her jaws had secured it in her grasp before she bolted into her hideout. The bear had roared at her, unable to do anything but complain as she kept the meal, tightly coiled out of his reach. It finally left, and Terra slowly poked her head out.

Pleased with herself Terra grabbed the dead bird and began to drag it back to the pack, occasionally stopping to rest. It was a slow movement, her leg aching as she exerted herself. Giving up after a while Terra simply flopped over. She couldn't do it, not without all four legs. Glancing over Terra spotted someone much like her, curled up under a tree. Hopefully he wouldn't try and take her hard earned meal. She couldn't exactly fight for it.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
Just as Inocencio was beginning to think he might just have to curl up into a fetal position, and endure the night where he was, movement caught the male's attention. Quickly turning his attention toward what he hoped might be a rabbit, or some other juicy morsel, instead turned out to be a canine of sort sort. Company had not really been on Inocencio's plan, especially not one that looked rather thin, and unlikely to have anything he could steal, or con out of them. Then he saw it, the bird that could potentially fill his stomach, and make up for the chilly night.

"Well, looks like I'm not alone in these woods after all!" Inocencio spoke in a pleasant enough voice, his mind recklessly made up that he didn't have to be on guard. Standing from his resting place, the male rolled his shoulders, taking some lazy strides toward the stranger, his clawed hands wanting to grab at the bird, but resisting the urge. Inocencio figured that he might be able to talk them out of the meal, and that decision was strengthened when his nose detected a scene that suggested a female. Where he once saw just a meal, and a stranger, Inocencio began to think that perhaps it would be an opportunity to flirt as well.

"You can call me Kit, what might your name be?" Inocencio greeted the stranger, his tone of voice becoming even more pleasant, and smooth. A savvy individual would probably catch the male's green eyes examining his company all the closer.
[html]

OOC here.

The voice that called out was far too cheerful for Terra's liking, sounding much like she did when trying to get close enough to steal what she wanted. Growling quietly she shifted so she had a better position to protect the turkey in, digging her teeth in and ripping off a chunk, rapidly swallowing it down. She was at a disadvantage, if she was really lucky and her acting allowed her to pull it off, Terra just might be able to switch that around.

The change in his voice was caught, Terra chuckling at the realization of what he saw. A poor stranded, beautiful canine, alone in the woods with a big bird that there was no way of taking with her. I'm Fleta. Nice to meet you Kit. I was trying to head back. Leg won't support me though. Terra turned her head around, nuzzling softly at her broken leg before returning, grabbing another chunk out of the bird and swallowing it down. If she was going to get her hard earned meal stolen she was going to eat as much of it as she could first.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
Inocencio noticed quickly that the female didn't seem inclined to share the juicy looking bird, from the way she move to protect it further, and tearing chunks away to make the potential meal that he could have all the smaller. The male's green eyes had been focusing on the bird, but soon were looking at the leg Fleta had called attention to. That revelation caused Inocencio to become even more confident, his approach a little less lazy, but his voice remained pleasant in it's tone when he replied "Fleta... A pretty name, I like it. Shame to hear about your injury, not at all the sort of situation you want to be in. Alone, injured, on a chilly night, but your in luck that you ran into me!".

If he was able to close the distance enough, Inocencio would casually try maneuvering himself so that he could reach at the bird with his hand, and comment "Probably be easier for us to chat, and get to know one another if your mouth isn't full of bird though. Its not like it will get up and run away after all.". With what he hoped was a good preparation for the female, Inocencio would casually try pulling the bird away from her with a playful grin on his face. If successful, he only planned to move it far enough from her that it would stop disappearing in front of his eyes.

There were two things of interest in the situation, at least as far as the male was concerned, and both carried about equal weight while he was hungry. On the one paw, there was the bird, that would satisfy his hunger, and warm him during the cold night. On the other, was the female, who he knew had the potential to provide him company, and even if his charms failed as they often seemed to, he thought there might still be the chance of convincing her to share body heat to make the night a bit less cold.
[html]

OOC here.

Terra grinned at his charmed words. He was certainly entertaining, even if he was a threat to the meal she'd taken. He moved closer to her, Terra relaxing her body, playing up her helplessness. Bright green eyes flickered up to his, acting unsure and defensive about her meal. A small growl slipped past her as he settled next to her, close enough that Terra would be able to take him down with the angle he was on, throat exposed. She grabbed another bite from the bird, eyes widening innocently as the bird managed to get tugged away, Terra quietly shifting so she could still lunge and grab the bird, appearing to not move at all.

Terra turned her head back to 'Kit', aware that it was as false a name as the one that she'd given him. Leaving the meal for now Terra swallowed the last bite that she'd grabbed, tail wagging lazily above her. True. It is a rather cold night, isn't it? While Kit was playing the suave male, Terra played the innocent, lost and unsure of herself, green eyes looking up trustingly to the hybrid, head nuzzling softly into him.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
The coywolf male remained oblivious to the female's thoughts of attacking him, and only saw an innocent, wide-eyed female that seemed to be more receptive to his advances then Inocencio expected. In fact, he was noticeably surprised by the female nuzzling into him, while her tag wagged in what the male believed was satisfaction. Recovering soon enough from the unexpected success he seemed to be having at smooth talking "Fleta", Inocencio replied by trying to return the nuzzling with some of his own. "You know... we could keep each other warm tonight, share that delicious bird of yours, and maybe in the morning I can help you get where your going. You seem light enough for me to carry if your not going too far.".

It was a perfect plan in the male's mind, that got him both the bird, and some time with the female. His father's warning about doing more then flirting with the opposite gender grumbled at the back of Inocencio's mind, but he also remembered how often his father had ignored that very advice. Even if his silver tongue only got "Fleta" to curl up with him, it would stave off the cold, and maybe someone she knew could repay him for helping her out. "I'd offer to tend to your wound too, but I'm afraid fixing up attractive ladies like yourself isn't something I'm very good at." Inocencio added, being a little less subtle about what else he was after besides the turkey.
[html]

OOC here.

Kit returned Terra's affection, nuzzling at her head softly. He was falling for it, hook, line and sinker. He was rather inexperienced for someone attempting such a sophisticated way of stealing. Her ears pricked at his words, laughing inside. Green eyes sparkled with mischief as she pulled back, a bewildered look on her face. Getting carried back to her pack would be nice if she managed to actually get him to do such a thing, instead of having him simply eat the bird then leaving her to continue on her way back by herself.

Glancing back to the bird Terra shook her head. I don't know...I don't really know you. She looked up, eyes expressing the want to spend time with him, but uncertain if it would be the right thing to do. After all, he was someone she didn't know, and could easily overpower the smaller coyote, pinning her down and taking what he wanted. She ducked her head down at the flattering remark, unsure if she was truly as beautiful as he said. T-that's alright. I suppose we could share the bird. It wasn't like Terra could eat it all. She would take the larger portion, of course, able to eat quite quickly from her need to eat and run.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Inocencio found his affectionate display accepted, nuzzling into the smaller female's head, and was becoming more confident that she was playing right into his little scheme. Then came the first set back of "Fleta" displaying concern over his suggestion, but the male was not so quick to give up in the face of a minor set back, his own green eyes trying to lock with the female's in what he hoped was a mesmerizing gaze. A slight toothy grin formed upon Inocencio's face at meeting at least one of his goals, the female agreeing to share the meal, but greed caused him to try pushing a little more for the second prize as well.

"Maybe we don't know each other very well now, but we have the rest of the night for that. Besides, enduring a cold chilly night doesn't seem like it would help your leg at all. Especially when I'm offering to help keep you warm." was his more insistent, but still soothing push to get Fleta's agreement on keeping each other warm as well. To emphasize what he was offering, Inocencio recklessly tried pulling the female closer, and attempt to press enough of their bodies together that the chilly night air might seem less chilly. If he did not get bit for the attempted assertive display, Inocencio would smile widely, questioning the female in a teasing tone of voice "See, is this so bad?".
[html]

OOC here.

Disappointment flickered in Kit's eyes for a moment before the male set to work convincing her. Just as expected. He would see through her if she fell for him too easily. Some resistance was needed after all. Otherwise it would appear far too fake. Injured wolves were much more cautious around strangers than regular ones, after all. His offer of using the night to get to know each other had Terra's eyes glowing. Her true soul flashed for a second, fiery and loving the night. She had done such a thing before. The beauty of that time, the wild music and dancing, the warmth as they settled into each other.

That was another time, of course. Right now, Terra was playing the part of a shy hybrid that would not be relaxed with the idea of spending the night with someone she didn't know. The argument was fairly convincing. Her leg would hurt from being out all night. Not that Terra wasn't used to those difficulties. Keeping warm with someone else was highly tempting though. Kit moved too fast for her though, trying to tug her closer. Teeth flashed, Terra changing her attack from his throat to his hand, trying to still play the innocent. Ears drooping Terra shook her head. Sorry...wasn't expecting that. Hesitantly she moved a little closer to Kit and the turkey.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Recklessness often led Inocencio into trouble, and it seemed to do just that as his clawed hands moved to try moving Fleta against him. Only good reactions kept the green-eyed male's hand from getting chomped, and caused Inocencio to lift his lips up in the beginning of a snarl at being attacked. Catching himself quickly, the male locked away the scathing words that started to form in his mind, and instead focused on the apparent regret that Fleta seemed to have. Noticing that she seemed to be moving closer on her own was enough to calm Inocencio the rest of the way down, and reply with a returning grin "Its okay Fleta, I should have warned you first. Sometimes I leap before I look, and its gotten me in trouble before...".

While Inocencio did find some amusement in the variety of close calls his impulsive behavior had found him in, he doubted that telling the pretty female about him being a thief was a good way to have her cozy up next to him. So the singled minded coydog tried returning to a more favorable topic "Now that your expecting it, care to join me? Maybe while were getting warm, and sharing a meal, you can tell me how you hurt your leg in the first place." . Patting the area right beside himself in an inviting manner, Inocencio pulled the bird a little bit closer to himself, as what he thought was a subtle incentive for the female to sit beside him.

Remaining oblivious to the act that was being played, the male was simply content to sit on the ground in his optime form, and wait to see if the shy canine would allow him to have the company he was after.
[html]

OOC here.

Terra watched the brief battle with rage, calming down at her submissive behavior, and the fact that she had moved forwards anyways, assuring him that it was just fine to continue. He smiled down at her, accepting her apology. His reckless nature was easy to believe, seeing how quickly he had swallowed down her lies, moving too fast for someone with much experience, impatience sure to cost him a large portion of the targets that he chose.

Shyly Terra nodded her head. The nimble thief stepped in beside the hybrid, settling down beside her. A wind blew by, ruffling her fur. Terra shivered appropriately, allowing her to press into his body, making sure that the turkey was still in reach, and not close enough to Kit for him to decide to grab it and run. Asked how she had hurt her leg Terra thought furiously, trying to come up with a believable lie about why such a timid creature would break her leg. Some wolves came after me. They...wanted to... Terra choked off, appearing to block off bad memories. Grabbing the turkey she took a large bite, quickly swallowing it down as quickly as she could before taking a smaller bite, nibbling along it.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Everything seemed to be going quite well, there was a meal that he would at least get part of, and a pretty female that had just shyly approached beside him. If the way the female acted was any indicator, the green-eyed male figured she would stay beside him the rest of the night, maybe longer if he played his cards right. It was that attentiveness to a female, rather then his wits, that caused Inocencio to so quickly overlook the delay in explaining away her wounded leg. Instead of a liar attempting to concoct something that was believable, the plotting male only saw an opportunity to comfort, and by extension, entwine his strings around them even more.

Boldly, while his company ate away even more of the turkey, Inocencio tried to gently nuzzle against what he assumed was someone who had narrowly escaped one of the darker experiences his gender could inflict on her. "Its okay, I'm here. I'll keep you safe and warm tonigh...." Inocencio started off with his smooth voice, even before the attempt at affectionate reassurance, but if he was able to get to the end of his sentence uninterrupted, would have paused as though realizing something. An audible clicking sound would have been appropriate for the moment, as Inocencio noticed a strange inconsistency, with someone who he assumed had recently been assaulted by male wolves, but unafraid of cozying up to a strange male coydog.

Suspicions started to form, but were only vague, and had not yet formed into concrete things that he could challenge. Mind whirring away at trying to decipher why he felt that way, Inocencio failed to hide that he was watching the female with more then just the eyes of a male gazing upon an attractive female.
[html]

OOC here.

He nuzzled against her softly, hackles raising briefly. She might be going along with this act, but she most certainly didn't trust him. It was only the fact that she might be able to get something out of him that kept her where she was, not pulling away from his nuzzle. She ate another piece before turning, passing a bite over for him to eat. Licking her lips she settled back down, noting the suspicion in his eyes. So it looked like he was finally starting to piece things together.

Shivering she looked up. I hate wolves. They're all so... Actual darkness spun through her voice this time. She wasn't speaking from a lie this time, the experiences she'd held at their hands playing through. Her dirty blood, keeping her apart from them, attacking her and driving her away. A shudder ran through her body, not faked this time. Looking back down to the turkey Terra found that her appetite was lost now. She'd managed to take a large portion of it, but she pushed it away, unable to eat anymore.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Testing boundaries, it was what Inocencio often did, and it was a bit of a rush to nuzzle with a subtle hint of affection, but not be pushed away. Suspicions about the female dampened the enjoyment somewhat, but the male could still feel "Fleta" beside him, and the warmth that brought. Green eyes watched for more signs of inconsistency, but became distracted by the gift of food that the male had almost forgotten was there. Regardless of what the intent had actually been, Inocencio took the gesture as the female warming up to him, and began to think of how to push the pesky boundaries a little bit more.

While thoughts of how to gently direct the situation in the direction he wanted, the male would snap up the piece of meat that had been passed, his stomach immediately thanking him for the sustenance. Ears pricked at hearing Fleta's opinion on wolves, and felt like if there was anything fishy about the female, it wasn't her hate of wolves. "Hey now, I have a little bit of wolf in me, and from the looks of you... I'd guess the same applies to a certain attractive lady." Inocencio would tease lightly, his muzzle attempting a playful return to Fleta's nape. It had seemed like a good idea, to drop a little bit more of the act, and try licking at his companion's nape to gauge her reaction.
[html]

OOC here.

His words were soft, trying to turn her away from the darker thoughts plaguing her mind. She shrugged softly, not caring that she had wolf blood in her. It didn't matter. She wasn't pure wolf, so they wouldn't accept her. She had unwanted blood, so they drove her away. It was a curse, being stranded between both worlds, neither willing to accept her, only allowing her to taste snatches of both. Most of the time she loved what she was, but at moments like this Terra could only hate what she was.

Her neck was licked, nuzzled softly. It felt nice, brushing against her. It reminded her of the heat that ran through her veins before. It had been madness, everything rushing through her, knowing only desire. Reacting this way to a stranger was rather strange, making her fidget around. It wasn't to say that she hadn't flirted with strangers before. That was before though, and Terra was still very new to this game, new to the lust that she could feel. Puzzled she glanced up at him, wondering why she felt that.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
The gamble seemed to pay off, Inocencio's affectionate behavior toward the female's nape eliciting a good response, and not the backlash that could have happened. The fact that "Fleta" fidgeted nervously to the male's green eyes was in particular a pleasing reaction, and to the scoundrel indicated she might be vulnerable to his advances. Scanning a puzzle face looking up at his own, Inocencio grinned lightly, confident in his behavior when he responded by trying to drape his arm across the female. "Do you still not want to get to know me better, to help each other keep the cold away tonight?" Inocencio would simultaneously try speaking softly next to the female's ear, his words ending with another soft lick if he could get away with it.

A plan was slowly starting to form in the male's brain, one that would he hoped, get him the female resting beside him, and more then just for warmth. It was a terrible idea, he knew it was, to try getting more then the pleasant rise of flirting with the opposite gender, but it had been a long time since he had been so close to finding out what his father had been so eager to obtain. Inocencio's desire being unconsciously justified with the belief that he could just move elsewhere if things went sour like his father had told him could happen with females.
[html]

OOC here.

His arm wrapped around her body, nice and close, sharing the warmth. There was something else going on here, Terra knew it. She might use lots of tricks, able to recognize when a goal was being sought, but she was still innocent enough to have no idea what goal he was trying to reach. A shiver ran through her at the soft whisper, his tongue tickling her fur. The game wasn't hers anymore, very much belonging to Kit and the fact that he knew what was happening when she didn't.

She liked the touch, wanted more of it. At the same time fear rose in her, fear that she was doing something she shouldn't, that she should push him away instead of letting him get closer. Crouching low to the ground Terra glanced up at him. Well, they were still in different forms. There was a limit to how much they could do when he was in optime, and she was stuck in lupine. Terra found herself very glad of her inability to change now, knowing it was a thin protection against whatever threat it was she felt from him.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
The night was getting rather warm, despite the chilly air that surrounded the two hybrids, and Inocencio was getting away with much more then he had expected. Any suspicions about the female calling herself Fleta quickly withered, under the stronger feeling of desire that was so good at clouding his judgement. Between embracing Fleta with his arm, and the taste of her fur, Inocencio was quickly disregarding the idea of just flirting, and started to consider how to proceed with the seemingly innocent female.

Even though the male had never actually claimed a female, Inocencio still knew how it worked, having seen his father in action, and from being given crude advice by the same male. When still acting as his sire's partner in crime, the potential conquests had always gone to the elder male, and since leaving the New Orleans area, had just failed to encounter the situation he was currently in. It had always seemed that the female was either not interested, or only pretending to be so they could get something from him.

"I'll take that as a yes..." Inocencio whispered softly in his smoothest voice, and tried to slowly move his muzzle to the side of "Fleta"'s neck to softly lick again. At about the same time, the male started attempting to move his draped hand along the side of the female, his lick followed by a soft sensual bite if his luck did not change. Lingering the back of the male's mind though, was the question of how things would work with the female's injured leg.
[html]

OOC here.

What was happening? What was he doing? Why did Terra like it so much? Terra found her ears turning to catch his words, wanting to clamber up into his lap and curl there. The meal was long since forgotten, Terra's appetite lost with the reminder of New Dawn and Kit's attention being swallowed by Terra's presence. His muzzle moved along, the difference in the forms growing more apparent as he nuzzled into her neck.

Terra enjoyed the feel of his hand, stroking her fur and smoothing it down. It lowered down, bringing another small shiver from her body. He turned, teeth opening to close on her ruff, massaging along there. Terra didn't like that so much though, still a little sensitive from being grabbed and shaken like a rag doll by the cougar. Terra slipped away a short distance, forgetting that she was supposed to limp and slipping into her more common habit of hiding her injury, neatly tucking her leg up so it looked as if she was uninjured. Don't you think we're a little too different for this? Terra tried to be confidant, but her words were more questioning than she would have liked, asking for his opinion, to tell her what to do.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]