Flip a Coin
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC April 10

Her leg had been healing along nicely. Then she got impatient. Terra shifted into optime form, screaming as the bones decided that they weren't ready for it. She had been able to finish shifting this time at least, leaving the bones broken for at least another month before it would finally be good. It was irritating, but at least Terra could do more stuff now. Having hands again was wonderful, able to make carved puzzles and plan out new traps and cause all kinds of mischief she hadn't been able to before.

Deciding to go and see how her traps were Terra had worked her way over to the stables. She knew exactly how useful a horse was now that her leg was broken. She'd ridden one once before while in heat, and it had been a miracle that the horse had made it back. After her hunting accident they had grown even more skittish about the feral creature. Standing on two legs it was harder for them to put the pieces together though, allowing her to trick one into carrying her, leading over to the city to see how her traps were.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]
It had been a mistake, coming to the old worn out husk of a city. Inocencio knew that all too well, but also too late, and was currently in a bind that he had no idea how to get out of. Things had been going so well for him, having luck with women, and even finding some interesting little ceramic cups in a building during his little adventure. The sort of thing he might have been able to barter for some easy food, or maybe give to Fleta if he ran into her again. Things had taken a turn for the worse when he came across the scent of what he thought was dried meat, and followed it into a one story brick building.

With it's roof rotted, and with conspicuous holes, Inocencio should have known the place wasn't very safe, but went in to investigate anyways. The floorboards had seemed safe enough, and eased his initial wariness. Then came the excitement of finding a small treasure just laying out in the open for someone to take, a few pieces of dried jerky, and a few other trinkets that the greedy male wanted. All laid out on a large dingy rug, and assuming he was just lucky enough to find some one's stash, had recklessly approached to collect it all.

The next thing he knew, he had stepped in a hole that the rug disguised, and fell downward into the building's basement. He had landed as well as he could hope, but had sprained an ankle on landing, which made standing very hard, and jumping to try pulling himself out impossible. The staircase that would have led him out, was blocked by a sturdy oak door, which seemed to be locked, or rusted shut. To add insult to injury, the ceramic cups he had been carrying shattered on the impact, leaving him with nothing if he managed to escape.

Two days of being trapped however, had left him thinking that whoever had set the insidious trap was probably not going to come check it. The bits of dried meat that had served as bait were long gone, and Incencio lay curled up beneath the hole, hunger weakening him, while thirst made him even more miserable. Only a lucky bit of icy rain trickling through the roof a day ago had kept the thirst partly at bay.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC trap is good XD

Most of her traps were empty, a few sprung with puzzles solved or only containing a poor scavenger that had wandered through. Limping Terra leaned heavily on the horse she'd brought, thinking that this was a bad idea now. She would have to head somewhere to hole up for the day until she could ride back. Reaching the house she'd set a trap in Terra entered. This one was triggered as well, but it was the smell that caught her attention. Leaning over Terra stared in surprise. Kit?

Moving over to the door Terra traced her hand along it. She knew how the puzzle worked, but couldn't open it from the outside. Kit, you need to come to the door. There's a puzzle there. Slide the pieces until you hear a click. Then it'll open. Anxiously she stepped back. How had he gotten in there? Well, that part was obvious. He was a thief, and had probably fallen for the bait. The question was how had he managed to not find the puzzle? Terra had thought it was fairly obvious, forgetting that most wolves wouldn't be looking for something like that, resorting to more traditional methods of getting out, such as doors and windows.
Terra

[/html]
The dingy rug that had disguised a potential tomb was serving as Inocencio's bed, and with no apparent way out, the male had started to drift off to sleep again. Ears perked up, green eyes opened rapidly, and optime was starting to wonder if he was hearing things when a familiar voice called his name. Looking up at where he thought the voice had come from, he saw nothing, and whined softly at the slow descent into madness he thought was coming. Then the voice came again, beckoning him to the doorway that had refused to open, and while Inocencio remained suspicious of the reality behind it, his desperation to get out of the hole made him crawl over toward the door.

Once up the stairs, he noticed the little pieces that had gone overlooked when he first checked the door, and began playing with them in an effort to find the click that Fleta said would get him out. It took a minute or two, and while he worked, he spoke in a dry voice "Fleta? What are you doing here?". It was a slow path toward realizing Fleta's knowledge of how to get out of the trap was a good indicator she had set it, but almost coincided with the click of solving the physical puzzle. Setting traps didn't seem like something Fleta would do, and Inocencio was almost willing to assume his lack of food just had him thinking wrong.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC http://www.wolf.org/wolves/learn/basic/faqs/faq.asp#19 not as deadly a trap as you assumed except for the water part

His voice was so dry. Terra wasn't going to use this trap again. It was too deadly. The point of her traps wasn't to kill, but to entertain. Cleaning up dead bodies was messy and boring, and Terra didn't want to lose a friend in here. I'm checking on my stuff. Terra didn't come outright and say that she had made the deathly trap by mistake, not realizing how dangerous it was. It was implied though, her ears held low. I'm going to get you some water.

Limping Terra moved out of the house. She worked her way over to where a fish pond was, doing her best to collect water in a rusted pot that was nearby. Using the horse to steady her Terra returned to the house, resting on the ground from the broken leg. It looked like her act had been foiled. Hopefully Kit would still like her, knowing that she wasn't the shy innocent she'd been pretending to be, just as much a thief as him, if more inclined to dangerous games.
Terra

[/html]
Realizing that Fleta had been the one to trap him was confusing, given his perception of the female as a shy, and innocent Lupus. Part of him wanted to be angry that he had been stuck in a pit, miserable for such a long time, but those feelings were tempered by what he had already experienced with Fleta, along with the fact that she was trying to help him. When the door had finally been opened, another new bit of information was revealed, she could go on two legs, and while it wasn't exactly incredible news, it was making the male wonder more about just what he might not know of the attractive female.

Frustration was evident on Inocencio's face as Fleta returned with water, but the male smiled anyways at her return, and moved his muzzle to the rusty pot to drink greedily. Only after the first gulps did Inocencio pause a moment to consider the possibility that the water could be drugged or poisoned, an idle thought from a confused male, but pushed away as it was too late if the thought turned out to be true. Once it became hard to avoid touching the rusted parts of the container due to the water getting low, Inocencio would pull his muzzle back out, and sigh from the pleasant feel of something in his stomach, especially since it was water.

With his thirst at least taken care of, there remained the problem of how to react to what had probably been his captor, and with so much going through his head, Inocencio eventually decided just to test his theory about who had set the trap, while also showing his affection. Trapped or not, angry or not, the male still remembered their first encounter, and his less dry, more affectionate voice reflected that "I certainly wanted to see you again, even if I could have done without falling into one of your traps.". Inocencio moved closer if he was able, and planned to nuzzle at the seemingly still injured female's face.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

It looked like Kit was as frustrated as could be expected from finding out that the canine he'd thought he knew was someone completely different. Terra watched him drink the water, wishing that she could move better. For food, Terra did have the horse she'd brought along, but she was fairly certain she'd end up exiled from the pack if she killed one, not to mention needing it to get back. Want more? Terra's movements were rather stiff, having trouble getting up and down without splitting her leg open.

His face was nuzzled, a mischievous grin on Terra's face this time. I didn't think I'd run into you again. Sorry about the trap. I won't be making this one again. Far too deadly. While Terra certainly wasn't going to stop, she didn't want to lose a friend to one. Which is why she usually warned them about what she had in the city. Since Terra hadn't considered Kit coming here, she had forgotten, not to mention Fleta wouldn't have done such a thing. Terra wrapped her arms around him briefly, nuzzling him happily before pulling back. I should see if I can find some food. Terra pushed herself up, managing to keep her leg steady before walking out. It was so bad, not able to hide the obvious limp there.
Terra

[/html]
The opportunity to feel Fleta against him again was almost enough to make up for the trap, and what he suspected was some sort of act. Inocencio's fishing attempt had revealed that Fleta had made the trap, and her demeanor seemed different from what he had come to expect. Instead of the shy, awkward female, he caught sight of a mischievous grin that seemed more like something he would have thrown at her. While he enjoyed the shy Fleta, especially the way she had let him take the lead, Inocencio also found the potential of sharing more traits to be full of intriguing possibilities.

Having the female's arms wrapped around him was a reminder of the new form that she held, the one that the male preferred to take, and that meant a new body to soak up with eager green eyes. Just as Inocencio started to examine Fleta, the female announced her intention to go find food, and at first it was music to his ears. Only for Inocencio to notice what he presumed was a painful limp, and felt torn between letting Fleta find him some food, versus convincing her not to put more strain on the leg. Sighing lightly, the male decided he could endure a little bit longer without food, and find something with his sprained ankle, which couldn't be as bad as her broken leg.

"Hey, Fleta, wait. I'll be okay on food, just come back" Inocencio called after the mysterious Optime, and forced himself up onto two legs, feeling the pain of standing, but not nearly as bad as it had felt when first falling into the pit. "Lets just sit back down, I'd like like to ask some questions about you... Get to know you some more." he added with a light teasing tone, but the focus of his words was on questions, and the sort related to just what he did or did not know about her.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra paused at his words, glad for the excuse to lean up against something. Shifting into optime had been a very stupid idea. With her back leg broken she could hardly move, though she did have more things to do now that she had hands. Glancing over at him Terra frowned. You were in there for a couple days at least. If it had been just one day Terra wouldn't have been so concerned, but he'd been in there long enough to get himself pretty messed up.

Watching him stand Terra giggled. Looks like we're matching. They both had bad legs now. It wasn't a good thing, but Terra did find it humorous, smiling brightly over at him. Hearing that he wanted to ask her questions Terra limped back to where he was, a small frown on her face now. It seemed that everyone wanted to ask her questions lately. Terra wasn't sure how she felt about that, besides bored after the first few rounds. Sitting down on the stairs she looked up at him. What do you want to know?
Terra

[/html]
His words had the effect that Kit wanted, and had the female limp back toward him. It was strange to have someone worrying over how bad off he was, Kit was used to simply fending for himself, and enduring or begging if he absolutely had to, but it was a pleasant sensation as much as it was strange. "I've gone longer without food, and there was a little bit of rain on one of the days, besides, you'll be here to be sure I don't pass out right right?" Kit put on the show of bravado, but could indeed remember times that he had gone longer without food, but it had been the lack of water that had cut into him the most.

At the mention of being matching, Kit's tail started to wag slightly, but didn't quite notice the way he had reacted, and wouldn't have been able to place why it had made him feel good. Though it would idle to a stop when Fleta's frown replaced her smile, and she came to sit on the stairs near him. Not wanting to stand too long with his sprained ankle, Kit attempted to sit down beside Fleta, his arm draping around the other Optime if she didn't stop him. "Why the frown Fleta? I hope your not upset over me getting stuck in your trap, I'm not mad at you about that.... I just want to know what else you didn't tell me. Because I don't quite picture the shy wolf I "got to know" back in that forest... well, setting traps." Kit spoke in a smooth tone, only occasionally broken by a slightly dry voice. He should have been mad, or at least upset that someone had got him stuck in the trap, but it had also got him close to the pretty Luperci for a second time, and that sort of balanced things out in Kit's eyes.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra laughed at the simple words. There wasn't much she could do if he chose to pass out, and she doubted he was so weak that he would do that. At least she wouldn't be worrying so much about Kit now. He moved over to sit beside her, and Terra nuzzled into his warm body. They were very similar, both with a stubborn streak a mile wide and a tendency to attract trouble. At least, Terra assumed so, since she'd already seen flashes of that determination and landing in this particular trap showed an attraction to things that could cause trouble, willing to take from what was another's stash.

She looked over at him, a small smile back on her face. The last time someone decided to ask me questions it was rather boring. I'm not much of someone to stay still for very long. She scowled down at the broken leg, a reminder of how she was being forced to stay still. Tail wagging she reached over, tugging playfully at his hair. I was by myself, an injured coyote, in the middle of the woods with a more powerful one. I thought my act would keep you from hurting me. Her ears flattened shyly as she remembered exactly how well her act had worked.
Terra

[/html]
Kit managed to sit down beside Fleta, and was surprised by the warmth of the female nuzzling against his body. It seemed like any time he was around the mysterious female, Kit had either a grin, or a smile on his face, but neither was something Kit opposed to doing often. Kit remained next to Fleta, his green eyes lazily watching her, while his ears listened to what she had to say, and found himself slowly trying to pull the female closer to himself in a half hug, using only one of his arms. "I'll try to make sure you don't get bored Fleta, and maybe you'll be interested enough to stay sitting next to me?" Kit replied with a playful tone, his tongue darting out to try teasing at Fleta's muzzle.

The feel of his hair suddenly being tugged caused Kit to flinch instinctively at the possibility of pain, but was relieved when Fleta was only being playful with her tugs. Before he could joke back, he heard the admission that it had been an act, and Kit started to jump toward worrying conclusions. Had the entire evening been an act on her part, and did she not remember that day as fondly as he did? Nervousness, it wasn't something Kit often felt, his own urge to jump into things keeping him from having the time to feel it. This time however, the male felt nervous about asking Fleta the first question that popped into his mind, and the pause was obvious.

"I wouldn't have hurt you... I'll admit that I was just trying to get the turkey from you at first..." Kit started his question, in an unsure tone, and then hesitantly added "Was everything an act?". The idea that she had faked being as enthralled by him at the end of their evening, as he had been with her, that stung the normally cocky male.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra smiled softly at his promise of keeping her from getting bored. It would be a hard promise to live up to with someone who was always on the go, looking for new things to do, new adventures to try, and causing mischief in all it's forms. She giggled at his words, nodding her head. I'll stay...if you keep me interested. Her words were teasing, shy laughter brought out as his tongue licked at her muzzle. No matter how confidant she was, he knew how to bring out her shy side, never knowing quite how to respond to his affections.

His admittance to being after the turkey didn't surprise her. Terra would have expected him to be aggressive at driving the smaller female away from the turkey though, instead of acting as gentle as he did, working at coaxing it from her instead of simply pushing her away. Shyly Terra ducked her head down, shaking her head. I stopped acting when it stopped being about the turkey and more about... Too shy to admit what she was thinking about Terra kept quiet, wishing that they could stay on a subject she could talk about more easily.
Terra

[/html]
He just had to keep Fleta interested, that seemed to be the way he would keep her around, and get the attention he was starting to like. It was like a little challenge to Kit, and one that had a fairly desirable prize if he succeeded. Even more enticing, was that he was starting to see the possibility of mixing business and pleasure, but still had some reluctance about seeing if Fleta wanted to partner up with him on his usual exploits. Kit's main reservation had been concerns over whether the affection from their first meeting had been faked by Fleta, but to his relief, she confirmed that the acting had ended once both of them had forgotten the turkey.

"Well, I'll just have to keep you interested then, won't I Fleta? Maybe I can start coming with you to set these traps, or you could come along with me when I am out having my little adventures, maybe a little of both, and some keeping each other warm on cold nights? Minus the falling into traps of course." Kit started speaking with a soft teasing voice, and tried to nuzzle at Fleta's face while he gave the offer of seeing each other more often. All that really remained was for him to be sure that they were honest with one another, even if everyone else was fair game, and Kit attempted to do so by adding "Course, if we partner up, I'd kind of like to know my partner was being honest with me. Just like I'd be honest with them.". Kit was well aware that she could lie to him, and it had taken a little bit on his part to notice the first time, but an agreement was better then nothing.
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra brightened up considerably at his words. Someone to show her traps to and laugh with, and go on adventures with. It sounded amazing to her. She wanted both, being as greedy as she was. Terra wondered what he did for fun, hoping that it was as fun and enticing as he made it sound. She laughed happily at his words. I might be willing to go along with that. Her words sounded like she was still thinking it over, but her wagging tail and bright eyes showed a completely different story, in love with the idea of someone else to get into trouble with.

His soft muzzling brought a lick from her, pressing into his body. It was nice being near him, as confusing as he could make her feel. The request of being honest with each other was met with a pause. Honesty? Terra saw no need to lie to him, keeping her name secret more out of habit than anything else. Kit might be a false name as well, but Terra was perfectly comfortable with that. I can be honest. What do you want to know? What proof do you need?
Terra

[/html]
Kit had not expected his words to brighten Fleta so much, and in truth was expecting the need to be persuasive about getting her to sign onto the idea of going on various adventures together, and had not even seemed put off by his implying that they stay together at times as well. Her own words implied that she was not yet sold on the idea, but Kit saw the other signs that said quite loudly "yes". The feel of his nuzzling was joined by more of what Kit took for affectionate licks from the female that was pressed into his chest. Though that affection paused at the mention of honesty, which caused worry to return to the male's mind, at what might be rolling through the female's own head.

Fleta's acceptance of his want for honesty pleased Kit, but also amused him in her requesting some sort of poof. For a few moments, he paused, thinking of anything she might not have freely told him yet, or that he would want proof of. Her name crossed his mind, as it was indeed something she could have lied about during her act, but he had not given his full name either. Playfully, Kit tried planting a lick on Fleta's neck, and replied with a soft smile on his face "You don't need to give me any proof Fleta. Just agreeing not to put on any acts around me is enough, and of course as long as the pretty little coyote in my arms doesn't lie to me, I'll do the same.".
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Being with Kit was amazing. She never thought she'd be so lucky as to find someone to play with her. Not since she'd left her birth pack and came east. She'd been on her own, for a very long time. Relying on her pack to care for her while she was injured was difficult, feeling the need to hide what was wrong and keep moving. He was like her though, she didn't have to hide her love for tricks or how difficult it was to avoid taking everything that glittered attracting her attention.

His licks to her neck brought a low purring growl from her. It seemed he was fully recovered from his trip through her trap. No lies, no acts. I promise. They would be rather pointless. She wanted to be around him, and lies would only get in the way of that. Shadow's words of what love was like pushed through her mind, Terra shaking her head. There was no way. She simply liked him because he promised her adventure. That was all. Besides, she wouldn't give up anything she had for him. No, she'd have to keep looking. The horse nickered outside, and Terra watched it begin ambling down the street, forgetting that horses needed to be secured to keep from wandering off.
Terra

[/html]
Kit's stomach still nagged at the back of his mind, demanding that he go find something more then water to fill it, but the male was able to ignore it to focus on Fleta, and the closeness they shared at that moment. Drinking his fill of the water had at least chased away his thirst though, and the healing of his sprained ankle wasn't anything he knew how to speed up. Fleta agreed to his request, and made a sound that sent a shiver up his spine when his affectionate display found it's target. "I'm going to enjoy being around you often." Kit spoke softly, without any of the playful teasing that was normally put into his voice.

The temptation was there, and Kit's green eyes were a little glazed by happiness. Tail swept back and forth as best it could, brushing against both the stairs behind him, and potentially against Fleta as well. Wanting to hear Fleta make more of the desirable noise, Kit had started to try repeating his affectionate lick, but the sound of the female's horse caused him to turn his attention toward the street. It was wandering, and while he didn't know much about horses, Kit was fairly sure that Fleta wouldn't want the beast wandering off too far while they were exchanging affection inside. Kit sighed at the interruption, but replied in a pleasant enough voice "I guess we don't get to just sit here, and enjoy each others company huh?".
[html]
<style type="text/css">

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra grinned up at Kit. She certainly would enjoy being around someone as mischievous as him. Not being able to share her tricks drove her crazy. The tails met and ended up tangled behind them, Terra considering whether or not she should flick it away or leave it where it was, letting the affectionate behavior continue. It seemed that the horse was distracting for them both, as Kit pulled away from what he was doing.

She glanced over at Kit, smiling wryly at his words. Just sitting here would be boring anyways, wouldn't it? It looked like they'd be going after the horse, which was getting further away as they spoke. And probably glad of it, considering Terra's rather primitive ways of getting it to listen to her. Pushing off Terra limped over to the door, trying to figure out how she could manage to capture the horse that had started moving faster once it saw her.
Terra

[/html]
Kit had almost hoped Fleta would reveal the horse to be stolen anyways, and not worth chasing after, but felt the disappointment of his words being agreed with him in her own way. Feeling his tail entwined with her own, that had been pleasant, but short lived as Fleta limped away from the warm proximity that Kit had begun enjoying. "I never said anything about just sitting here Fleta..." he teased in a pleasant voice, throwing just enough of an undertone that the female might catch what he meant. His playful words thrown, Kit stood from his sitting position, grimacing a little at the movements effect on his sprained ankle, but following after Fleta anyways.

Horses were not something the male had ever become very familiar with, mostly because half the time they didn't take kindly to strangers running off with them, and so held very little value to the male. Kit felt like showing off, or maybe just impressing Fleta, and so he moved alongside the his new partner in crime, doing his best to pretend walking on both feet was uncomfortable. "Your legs hurt worse then mine Fleta, and while I don't think I can carry you just yet, like before, you can still lean on me. Were partners now after all." Kit spoke in his usual pleasant voice, but still couldn't help but to tease lightly about being partners, while he offered himself to be used to take weight off the female's left. "Any ideas how we can get your beast to behave? I'm not familiar with horses."