down in the garden where it's cool
[html]

332 → Figured she'd stop by to see how she was doing. If they get up to an adventure, sweet, if not, it's completely fine by me.

The trek was a short but necessary one. She knew, of course she knew, about the woman's recent abduction and subsequent return. Despite her efforts to remain ambivalent to everything and everything, Magnolia's kind treatment of her as a (younger) child still stuck out to her. Eying the path she knew well with heated orange eyes, she picked her way toward where she knew the woman had staked out her home. It wasn't terribly far from where her mother had made her own claim, and she no longer felt a pressing need to alert the woman to her comings and goings. Soon she would be recognized as an adult and where she went would be entirely her own business. Though premature, it already was.

Little known to the dark, earthly colored child, was her pseudo-caretaker's venomous mood as of late. If she'd known she might have brought a gift or the note she'd written to her during her absence. It wasn't quite so eloquent as she would have liked, but the girl's penmanship was quickly becoming clear now that her fingers were more eager to obey the commands of her mind. Mid morning light helped guide her to her endpoint, and quickly the silver woman's home came into view. Hesitantly she sent a scouring gaze over the entire area, looking for whom she sought, but didn't see her. That didn't mean she wasn't around though, and as always, her muscles bunched in an eager sort of anticipation.

Fumbling to adjust her orange belt more securely around her almost non-existent hips, Arte's gaze never moved from the area in front of her, worried that even the most friendly face would suddenly becoming threatening and hazardous. It was against the doctor's mantra though, to help rather than harm, so her suspicion wavered where Magnolia was concerned. That, and she had no reason to harm the middle child. Only when she found herself to be presentable did she call out softly for the woman, "Maggie."

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... gons-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:139px; height:218px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align: justify;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]weep woop

Despite her run-in with TaeKyung yesterday, the wolf hadn’t felt any better since returning home. Magnolia was still livid, still angry, still cooped up in her own mind. Her body ached from the fight she had gotten into and felt it necessary for some relaxation in bed the following morning. Her right arm was rather stiff from the slave’s attack, but luckily her cat had stayed faithful and curled up right by her injured appendage. The kitten purred in her sleep, and Magnolia patted the sweet thing rhythmically. It seemed that this fragile creature was the only thing keeping her somewhat sane at the present moment.

It was quiet out, and the broken Confidant sighed, listening to the sounds of the world outside. A rustle through the trees led the scent of a certain pup to Magnolia’s nose before the dark child called out to her. A smile cracked through her harsh appearance. Artemisia was innocent, and probably one of the few creatures in the kingdom that cared whether she lived or died. Magnolia had taken care of her and her siblings when they were just fragile little babies. Arte had certainly grown since the last time they interacted. Perhaps the little one could break Magnolia’s depression.

“Come in, my dear,” the confidant called out from her bed. “I would get up but I’m afraid Claudia would object,” she looked at her own little pseudo-child who was still fast asleep.

[/html]
[html]

323 → D'aww, love Maggie.

A voice beckoned her to enter, along with the name of someone or something she wasn't sure she'd encountered yet. She vaguely wondered if Maggie had a woman with her, but made no move to voice this question. Instead she approached the homestead and eased her way inside, allowing her eyes to adjust before entering fully.

Though she didn't appear to be dying of a lethal injury, there was something different about the woman she so fondly thought of. Her eyebrows lowered, but it was neither anger nor pity that etched its way onto her face. Remorse was clear, and she disliked herself for it. All her emotions continued to play on her face, and it was something she would have to remember to speak with someone about. How to hide them, how to conceal her innermost thoughts. Briefly raising her empty hands, she took her gaze from the woman to herself, as if to note her lack of a gift. I should have brought you something... Were the words that fell from her charcoal lips, but the real meaning was clear. I should have come to get you.

Looking to the kitten then, she lost some of her sadness and nearly (but didn't quite) smile at the little body pressed to the Vedetta's side. Though she liked animals and on some level wished to have one of her own, she feared her inability to care for one properly, so hadn't actively sought out a companion of her own. Claudia? She questioned after a long moment of silence, gesturing to the black and white animal as she drew closer to kneel by the bottom of Magnolia's bed. She knew nothing of the fight with her older sister's slave, TaeKyung, but felt there was something wrong if her friend refused to get out of bed even at this hour. Still, she said nothing. After being taken and ransomed, Artemisia felt some rest was due.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... gons-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:139px; height:218px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align: justify;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]:O fun fact: I named maggies kitten after the b&w cat I had growing up Smile

The sight before her was so impressive, the Confidant nearly gasped. It always amazed the woman how quickly such tiny little creatures could grow into their full potential. Artemisia was no exception; she was almost all grown up now and probably triple the size Magnolia remembered her being. The child was beautiful, just like her father. The girl had the same haunting, pumpkin eyes he did. It was a pleasing sight to see that wonderful man live on in something as beautiful and delightful as she.

At the return of Arte’s voice, however, the girl stopped staring. Magnolia chuckled. “Oh shush little one, seeing you again is the best present you could ever give me,” and it was true. The hybrid had a soft spot for children, especially Eris & Lark children. They were the only innocent and pure thing left in the Kingdom, and their preciousness was not lost on Maggie.

At the sound of her name, the kitten stirred and looked up at the mocha figure above her. Maggie continued petting the little one, and motioned for Arte to do the same if she wished.”You may have met my sister, Foxglove. She joined Salsola in January and gave me and Eris kittens as tribute. Isn’t she precious?” Without even realizing it, she was beaming.

[/html]
[html]

411 → Awwee, Claudia's an adorable name. My cat's names are woefully boring and the product of a six-year-old's mind.

What Magnolia saw and the girl felt were two very different things. Her build was impressive, yes, but she longed for the curvaceous, feminine body of her sisters. It had far less uses than stature and muscle tone could provide her, but she cared very little about the facts. There were things she couldn't change though, and at some point she would have to accept that this body was hers and to use it to her advantage. Momentarily her eyebrows shot upward, nearly disappearing into her currently overgrown bob, but when Maggie continued to tell her that seeing her was the best present she could have been given, Arte's face settled into a look of quiet pride, the corners of her mouth turning upward in the faintest of smiles.

Stroking the corner of a velveteen ear on the kitten's head, she was pleased to see a glimmer of appreciation in its eyes, and she smiled down at the four-legged, adopted child of Magnolia's. Looking back to the woman when she spoke, she took in all the little details she might want to recall later. Despite her earlier mood, she seemed to have brightened visibly, and it heartened the child to know that this might be because of her visit. Her mohawk had always been an object of great fascination to her, and on a few occasions she'd wanted one of her own, but lacked the courage to do it; that, and she didn't know where to begin when it came to shaping it evenly. I haven't seen much of anyone, but I'll remember she's your sister, Of course she would. Maggie had always been kind to her and she would extend the same courtesy to her sister. Her memory was advanced, even for an adult's. Claudia is a pretty name, for a pretty girl, She oozed, running a long finger across the kitten's spine.

Glancing around the space, she found it had changed very little since her visits as a younger girl, but remembered it fondly. I would have come to get you, y'know. If I was older... Turning her fierce jack-o-lantern gaze on Maggie now, she searched her face for emotions. How are you? It was free for her to interpret as she wished, she played no games with the woman, nor did she think she ever would. If there was one person she thought she could rely on to be straightforward with her, it was this spry young adult.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]another fun fact: my mother named our female cats the names she wanted to name me but couldn’t get my dad to like (Claudia and Emma). Also, I woke up around 6 am and couldn’t fall back asleep until this was written XD

The mostly-white kitten yowled loudly in pleasure when Arte trailed down her back. She stretched her limbs out momentarily and yawned, smacking her lips with a goofball grin on her tiny face. Instead of letting her settle in more Maggie picked the kitten up and put her on all fours. At first the little one objected, but then saw this as an opportunity to rub her body on Artemisia’s outstretched arm, tail curling around the body part.

“I think she likes you,” the silver girl stated happily, eyeing the pumpkin-eyed daughter in case anything were to go wrong between them. Magnolia’s reverie was cut short by the pup’s statement. Her mood instantly plunged again, but Magnolia tried her best to stay happy for the other girl’s sake. “I know,” she said quietly, defeated. “It’s alright now though, I’m back and so you shouldn’t waste your time thinking about what happened anymore. Its almost summer, my love, and there are more pleasant things on the horizon. I’m okay, really. It was unfortunate but I’m alive and that’s all that matters,” she hoped the little one would drop the topic; she didn’t want to depress Artemisia. It was her sister, after all, who got Maggie captured. But that was for Maggie to deal with later.

"Tell me, my dear, what adventures have you gotten into lately? I want to hear all about them," Maggie remembered when she was young and how quickly a pups brain could change topics and completely forget about the previous one.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 339 I like both those names! |: Better than my name, given most people think I'm an 80-year-old. D'aw, I hope you got back to sleep!

If she'd known Magnolia was worried about depressing her, Artemisia might've laughed aloud. She wasn't perhaps as dark as some of her predecessors, but there was certainly something lurking within. For the moment, however, she was as upbeat as she had been in many weeks. Something had already beaten the pretty silver woman to it, not that she cared to share this fact with anyone. She'd already wondered what it was like to die, but didn't obsess over it. She was merely curious. These hips, those ankles, her eyes. Where would they go? Was there some abyss that swallowed your old life whole, or did it remain like a phantom to haunt you beyond the end?

Absently stroking the kitten, upon further inspection she found that it's tail had curled elegantly around her wrist, and it's keen green eyes had settled on her face. The kitten did seem to like her, which pleased the girl more than she'd expected. It was strange to her how alike owner and master were. Passing her gaze over the length of the small creature, she finally lifted it to meet Maggie's again. Where did you find her?

Her adventures had been few and far between lately. Suddenly the idea of being an adult was pressing heavily against her mind at all times, and though she was excited, there was some anxiety surrounding the large step forward. As such, she hadn't ventured to Freetown yet in order to retrieve the answer to her riddle. Already she'd figured out a couple possible answers, but wasn't sure if they even existed. I was given my Cueponi task... But I'm worried about going to Freetown... that far away by myself. How often had she gotten so wrapped up in her mind that she hadn't noticed where her feet were going? Some day soon I'll need to go to Halifax, too, To claim things of her own, of course. She couldn't live off of her mother forever. In fact, she couldn't do that for much longer at all.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]but Lorraine is such a pretty name! and u gets a post because the last thing I want to do is my environmental archaeology reading / stats studying >___>

The little one must have been well on her way to being a yearling. Artemisia no longer sported the extra large paws and ears that came with being young and innocent; instead, her fathers sharp features cut through whatever femininity the young creature had. Arte was extremely pleasing to look at and Maggie knew one day the girl would have no problem finding a male supporter for her. That was what was expected of her as an Eternity; she would one day lead and make her parents proud, best case scenario. Worst case scenario she would become just like the silver woman before her; lost, unwanted, and just trying to get by. A question about the kitten reached Magnolia’s pointy ears, at which she smiled. “My sister found her. I don’t know exactly where, but I guess somewhere near that gypsy pack she was a part of before joining us,” Maggie made no attempt to hide her disdain for the pack that battered and broke Foxglove.

Claudia yowled through her loud purrs, stretching her tiny front legs for what must have been the hundredth time today. She looked at the two wolves before her before plopping off the bed, batting her paws at some dust on the floor. Magnolia took this as a sign to get up, though she continued to listen intently to her dark companion. “I’ve been to Halifax before, its not bad. Its unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. Humans made such weird stuff…” she caught herself going on a tangent, “I can go with you if you like. Jasper is due for a long ride, anyway, and ladies of our stature should never travel alone. ” she hadn’t given the white horse a second thought since returning to Salsola. He had been taken care of, however, and stayed close to her residence despite his owners disappearance. It seemed as if all of Magnolia’s companions were loyal followers, which warmed her bleak heart, if only for a moment.

Her body was stiff as she made the move to get out of her comfortable bed, grimacing as she made the final plunge onto the dirt below. “Well, now that I am up, what would you like to do little one?” she needed some distraction, even if it was something menial like a walk. As she waited for the Bambino’s response, she looked to her Kite’s perch. “I wonder what Kimbra is doing…” she said to herself, peering out of her residence’s window hoping for a glimpse of the bird of prey.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 514 Awwe, thanks! I'm not too fond of it, but dskjs. Better than some. Sorry for the wait on this.

The standard for mateship had been set for her by Larkspur and Eris; a business agreement at best, with the result being strong, talented offspring. At best, this was what she expected. Her decline—for that's certainly what it felt like to her—into brilliance would surely fend off anyone capable of feeling true emotions. She desired attention and kindness, but was fickle. Someone available when she was needy, but willing to leave her alone for long periods of time... Yes, an arrangement like that would suit her well.

Currently, such things were pushed from her mind. At only eight months or so of age, it was unnecessary prattle. That, and she had very capable sisters more deserving of true love and affection. From their loins would spring the true future of Salsola. She would thrust the pack into the future not with her womanly wiles, but her intelligence. The kitten abandoned both of them to plod off somewhere unseen in her peripheral vision and Artemisia resisted the temptation to turn her head wildly in search of it. Maybe I'll find one of my own somewhere. Still, she wondered if she could properly take care of one. That would have to be considered in full before she made any sort of real commitment. Listening eagerly to Magnolia's explanation of Halifax, the youth displayed some minor disappointment when she quickly ended the commentary but made no mention of it verbally.

Her offer of company on one such visit, however, made up for it. Brightening visibly, Arte nodded more animatedly than she remembered doing so in a long time. Maybe ever. Without missing a beat, she grinned. I'd like that, She didn't pause to wonder why they shouldn't travel alone. While Maggie was smaller and more petite, the earthen girl was quickly rivaling the stature of her father and older brother, as noted by not only the gentle musculature of her shoulders and legs, but also the height to which she stood when straight-backed. The day when she would be fully grown was fast approaching, though she wouldn't come into a womanly figure for some time yet. That would require more patience.

Reaching out a tentative hand to help her friend in any way she could, it was quickly retracted in case Maggie felt she would be encroaching on some sense of pride or capability. Unsure how to respond to the question of what they should do, Arte settled momentarily on watching her approach the window and murmur something about her bird. She hadn't seen the feathered creature on her arrival to the homestead, but that didn't mean he hadn't arrived since then. Rising to her feet as well, the young woman stretched her arms and shook her legs awkwardly. Are you hungry? She asked after a long moment, all but staring at her companion now. I could catch something for us. Or we could go for a walk... If she'd been more familiar with horses and how to ride them, a countryside ride would have been feasible, but she feared her inadequacy in that department.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]