You give love a bad name
[html]

Word count: 238 // Oh goodness. Sorry that it’s so short x.x Muse is lacking, apparently.
Setting: On top of a hill overlooking the beach
Time of Day: Night (approx. 7PM)
Form: Optime

Chishio was, for lack of a better word, pissed. The cursed scars on his leg and back were being difficult; they wouldn’t stop aching no matter how much he tightened the linen wrap he had placed around them. He gave the bandages one final tug before grunting in frustration and throwing his hands into the air as if to show he surrendered to the wicked things.

Demon wench!” he screamed into the night. “Last time I trust a female. Puh.

The brute continued muttering inaudibly as he tied the wrap back together, deciding it was better to have the shameful marks hidden. They were a constant—usually painful—reminder that he ought not to trust anyone outside of himself. That night had been different, though; he thought he was going to be able to forget the past and begin anew, but luck was never on his side. The woman he’d aimed to woo decided he wasn’t worth her time or something to that effect. Whatever her reasoning was, all Chishio knew was that he had ended up in a pool of his own blood. The drug the female had used had been mighty powerful, and it caused the grey beast to hallucinate for a long time.

Women,” he grumbled angrily.

As he stared at the waves that crashed against the shore, he hoped he would never have to come across another one for the rest of his life.

<style>
.japchi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.japchi p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.japchi b {color:#a09e5c; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.japchi {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... led-10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9822; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:50px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Insomnia
Lights will guide you home. And ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you

(Sorry x.x I has no muse lately.)

It beats, a lulling and contrarily confident tempo that reverberates through the hushed wind, low and weighing down upon them- the breaks in the air, the crevices of space, wrinkles in time. Like the hand of an old pocketwatch, it thrums with a steady pace, practiced and unaffected by that which may stand obstinate in its path. Where such a rhythm is destined to linger is a fact that as yet is, ironically, uncertain. For the heart that embraces the gentle pounding within is carried devoutly by a framework that does not adhere to the rules etched in its sound. Though wrapping oneself defiantly around one's heart, and though navigating a careful existence with careful obedience to the heart's will are both natural acts, reflexes to experience even, this one prefers the quiet solemnity of her own mind. Where there are wolves who think solely through the desires of their clockwork organ, its thrum echoing louder than their own voice, so too are there wolves who would rather wonder upon their own time. To avoid having to listen to the nagging of their heart, the obnoxious pleads it makes as it tries to make one see right and wrong. In a world so filled with gray, the heart is obsolete in wisdom, outdone in all but love- though even in such an area of expertise does it fail on occasion. When there ceases to be a definitive line between the deeds of so-called 'good' and 'bad', simultaneously does there cease to be a reason to think with your heart.

It leads you astray and causes more trouble than it does you good.

In spite of the thousands of reasons to cast away the clock, however, in light, there are in fact two reasons to allow it to remain. It keeps good sense of the time, though again such a thing is merely relative, for no sentient being can even begin to comprehend the untameable force of a second and its successors. All the same, it grants the ability to breathe to exist, and subsequently the knowledge that it is going to strike its last bell. As the body falls, the heart speaks of its descent, and one may go down with peace on their minds, just as they were born. It ticks away inside her as we speak, still beating, still humming.

It shows us we are alive. That is its first reason. The second? We have yet to discover why a heart is so doubly important.

She finds herself tempted to release a soft hum into the shifting winds as her teal and neon green eyes trace delicate lines into the stone all around, grand and rusted as it appears. Perhaps only due to her interest in whether the curvaceous walls would mirror her, mimic the vibrations and sing a hollow tune back to her. She is a peculiar creature, content in her independence and unfazed by the wealthy loneliness that sighs through spring itself. Those sharp eyes observe a shiver that ripples through the water, perhaps a fish? She did not know. She fears not freezing, starving. But she does fear not having friends or someone she could count on.
Than she heard the scream. “Demon wench!” She perked her ears up and got up to see what it was.

Finally got to where she heard the scream and it was a brute. She wagged her tail slowly and walked over to him, not knowing what she would be getting into. "Hey there!" She said with a grin on her face. She stopped a few feet away from the male and sat on her hunches. Her eyes trailed over him slowly and than she looked out at the waves.

Tears stream down on your face, I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

Word count: 349

Chishio looked upon her with both astonishment and disgust. He wasn’t sure what possessed her into thinking that she had the right to trot up and plop herself down beside him, but he knew that he was within his own rights to drive her away. Within a second of her settling into her position, he loosed a vicious snarl from his throat and held his ears and tail high with superiority. She wasn’t welcome around him, and he would make damn sure that she knew that.

Be gone, woman,” he growled. “I have no time to spare on filth like you.

He took a few steps away from her and folded his arms across his chest. A frown spread across his lips as he kept a careful eye on the girl, but he was curious as to what he reaction would be. In a perfect world, she would yelp and scurry away like the pup she was; but the way she had simply waltzed up and sat next to him without a care in the world indicated otherwise. He grunted disapprovingly at the black wolf, but kept his blood-lusting teeth at bay for the time being. The pain in his leg and back was excruciating, and he wouldn’t waste his efforts on her if he didn’t have to.

And take that ugly grin with you, ” he commanded. “You’ll poke someone’s eye out with it.

Chishio kicked a nearby rock in her direction with his good leg, hoping the possible damage in combination with his words would be enough for her to get the picture. Within his mind, he cursed whatever spirits or gods there might be for sending the girl to bother him. It was always the same, though: he hoped for one thing and got another. It was a never-ending cycle of bad luck, and while he thought he would be used to it by now, it still worked every nerve he had in his body. With a sigh he waited impatiently for the woman to leave, tapping his foot very obviously to emphasize his dislike for her.

<style>
.japchi b {color:#a09e5c; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.japchi {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... led-10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9822; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:50px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Insomnia
Lights will guide you home. And ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you

"You and what army,"

the child mumbled to herself, getting up and narrowing her eyes at him. There were a number of reasons she wouldn't heed such a threat. First, the wolf was obviously in no condition to follow through. She wasn't in the type that just simply did that. Second, it could be bad for her family if she died, Zalen would be angry. Lastly, though, she simply didn't want to. Even with all of the posturing, she knew that this older wolf needed help or he would die. Insomnia didn't really understand the concept of such strong pride yet, but she did know that there was something keeping him from asking for the help he so obviously needed.

There was something off about the way he was standing. "You're hurt, aren't you? Maybe I can help." She looked at the ground and sighed. "Just let me help you. You don't have to like me at all, but I won't let you or anyone that's hurt stay that way." She gave up and walked to him again, sniffing around to find it was his leg that was damaged. She lifted her head to see if he would actually let her, or if he would try to attack.
Tears stream down on your face, I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

Word count: 288

Chishio let the low rumble in his throat erupt into a violent roar as the black wolf closed the space between them. The last thing he wanted was for someone to touch him—especially a female. He eyed her cautiously as he leapt away from the girl, grunting lightly as pain shot up his leg when he landed. Whatever it was that made her think the way she did, he knew he would never understand it. Wolves don’t help others and that’s just the way things were. As much as the packs around the land would like to think otherwise, it was every wolf for themselves—it would never change. So when the girl insisted on treating him, Chishio’s snout scrunched disapprovingly and his teeth flashed a dangerous promise.

They’re old wounds,” he stated roughly. “You’ll not be able to heal them properly, anyway. You reek of inexperience and stupidity.

As he stood before her, aquamarine eyes bright and threatening, he frowned at her youth and unfortunate innocence. It seemed she didn’t know the world around her. After all, she didn’t flee from Chishio when he kicked at her and threw venomous insults in her face. He loosed an exasperated sigh and continued to keep watch over her, hoping she would soon get the hint and leave him to his brooding.

Unless you’d like to have matching scars, I suggest you take your mangy hide elsewhere,” he threatened half-heartedly.

Truthfully, he didn’t see killing her as a fulfilling victory; however, the idea of roughing her up a bit made him hope she was as dim-witted as she looked. He didn’t allow a grin to cross his lips, but his tail swayed behind him with anticipation.

<style>
</style>[/html]