blue lips blue veins
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: For Razzle-Dazzle. Big Grin Sorry if my role play is a bit rusty, still not good at entrance posts lol.

Sparrow’s nimble fingers flew around the rope as she accurately pushed one end through a loop, the other spun around to choke its partner in the hole. If her distant expression was not enough of a saw to show that the girl was nervous, her shaky yet dexterous hands reflected what yellow eyes beheld.

She scented many coyotes here, not like the other territories she passed by. The first pack’s lands ranked of wolves, and she got so terrified by the scent, the smell reminding her somewhat of Marcel, that she sprinted the last few miles that put her a good distance from the land to escape from the air that was tainted with the reminder. It had caused her paranoia; she was at first afraid that the wolves scented her, that they were somehow friends of her father, and followed her. Sparrow managed to talk herself out of that idea, saying it was just wind-carried scent, but half of her irrational mind contradicted her reason. She had scented another, distant southwestern pack, but they were so mixed that she could not tell who or what was in it; maybe a mix of all sorts of species? She did not care much for them; she was looking for the lands that held coyotes.

The fawn stared at the skull that perched on the rod, her gaze still looking directly at nothing. Sparrow was not bothered by the skulls (Seeing that they were wolf skulls helped the initial shock, however). She was scared, what if Vesper was dead and another, similar female was the one she sought after? What if that female was angered that she found her, that she was violent and wanted to kill her? Marcel would kill her if she ever crossed his path again, or worse. Maybe the female could be the same. Her whole frame shook with fear as her mind processed so many different variables—that clan might behead her for standing so long at their borders, an enemy of the clan may see her and think her of their own, the skulls will come to life and try to devour her—the list went on.

Sparrow wanted to break down right there and cry, but her fingers worked furiously at the rope, untying the complex knot she spent five minutes on in the matter of three seconds, and managed to keep a poker face on despite the storm thundering instead her head. The girl quickly tied the ends of the rope together into a singular loop, and pushed her right paw through the hole to form a loose bracelet. Another moment pass, her mind naming out horrible outcomes, and Sparrow let out a loud yap that echoed over the lands, its message showing that she was looking for a certain person and that she wanted her to come to her.

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The most recent attack had left her wounded, although it was nothing the scarred hybrid couldn’t handle. Still, no matter how many cold streams she drank from, the taste of blood in her mouth was ever-present, and with the rest of the pinna gone, her left ear was almost useless. Her constant movement betrayed her weakness: the swing of her head and swivel of her good ear, the little stops and starts when she thought she missed a sound. She called upon a cold reserve when among the other clan members, doing her best to look strong like a subleader should, at least when she wasn’t treating her scouts gently.

Like she always was these days, Vesper stalked along the border on all four legs and paused periodically to sniff and stare. She left her mark like a male on the trees and land she crossed, determined for the wolves to know that Inferni’s dominant members stayed strong.

A ’yotish yap broke through the quiet of her patrol, and her lean body went rigid as she turned her good ear in that direction. A burning shiver went down her spine—but no, she’d misheard. Of course she’d misheard, with one ear and desperation of the mind she hid from the others. This was merely a coyote that needed sanctuary from the murderous wolves. It was her duty as Optio to greet them and take them in.

Yet she went reluctantly, her pace steady but her paws dragging. Pale blue eyes flicked to the shadows playing across the trees, and then stared forward again. She broke out into a lupus lope that took little time at last to reach the skull-decorated patch of land the cry had come from.

And she stopped.

The woman was soft, shorter than her even, childish in her build and the awkward line of her cut hair. A yellow-eyed wolf stared from her face although the rest of her features were decidedly coyote. Her fur was mottled with browns and whites and blacks, like the plumage of a

“Sparrow,” Vesper whispered, her eyes widening.

Word Count → 348

awesomesaaaaauce

<style type="text/css">
.vespurpl b {font-weight:bold; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vespurpl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#705968; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aKXzz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #37202a; padding: 450px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2d9da; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vespurpl .wordcount {color:#37202a; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:7px dotted #e2bad0; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px; margin:30px 10px 0px;}
.vespurpl .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#37202a; padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: OOC here.

Silence greeted her yap, and though she expected for no immediate answer back, she still became more nervous, her heart fluttering. The girl’s eyes darted from the skull-enclosed territory to the unclaimed land that spiraled beside it. She could run now if she wanted. She ran from Marcel, she could run from the unknown she was facing, but the indefinite clan could be where her sister has taken shelter. Hands reached fitfully to her hair, shakily twisting a long strand that hung from the right side of her face, as she stared out into lonely terrain, as if it would tell her the answer, the unclaimed blades of grass would tell her what’s right, and the wind would whisper in her ear what she should do. Sparrow was utterly confused by this new situation, but tentatively decided to stand her ground, ready to fly away when it became too much for her to handle.

Out of the woods came a coyote. She was bigger than Sparrow would have been, if she was in her normal form. Scars tore across her body, dancing across her frame that reminded the girl of streaks of lightning in shape. A few were familiar to her: the cut above her eye, the damaged ear, though there was more of it when she last saw the female. The fawn wanted to cry at the sight of her scarred pelt, its unique coloration that she loved marred by so many former wounds. But, only a small piece of her emotion escaped to reality, and her poker face changed into a small smile, eyes reflecting some of the pain she felt for her sister. "Vesper,” she murmured back, the name now given life instead of dead memories.

“I… found you. I thought you were dead,” Sparrow whispered, more or less to herself, feeling the desperate urge to rush to her sister, to touch her, to make sure she was not some phantom her irrational mind conjured to please itself. But, she simply stood there, still twisting her mane and letting it snake between her ever moving fingers.

<style>
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Her baby sister, the weak sister, the cowardly sister. Huddled against Winter while she went off to hunt. Standing helplessly as Ves dueled with the dark, ember-eyed wolf who was their father. Useless. Lost.

Here.

Sparrow spoke her name, and it came veiled in the quiet voice of a woman now rather than the tiny child she remembered, smaller even than her. Underneath the plush of her mottled brown pelt was the suggestion of scars. And perhaps the largest difference was the slender hands, fidgeting with her hair in a way that suggested a normal tic.

“You were turned,” Vesper said flatly. She wondered if her own voice sounded different now, after everything she’d been though. But she was strong; she had flourished as a loner in the wilderness. Her nostrils flared, taking in the altered scent of her weaker sibling. “I didn’t think I’d see you again either,” she admitted, finally having the grace to avert her blue eyes, to show some shame.

The paler coywolf had been unsuccessful in saving her sister, her blood. Back then, it had seemed like another cruel twist of the wilds: survival of the fittest. Winter had been strong once, but not twice, and Sparrow had never been strong at all. Marcel had strength to match all but Vesper, who overcame her small size, the wounds ripped into her face and hips, in order to live.

Now it was more than fate, more than a pity. It was her duty to protect the weak and helpless by destroying monsters like Marcel, and she’d shrugged her shoulders and scuttled off.

If I pursued them, I would have died, Vesper told herself. Certainly, she would have pursued her father through lifetimes if she could, but vengeance must’ve weakened with the cycle of rebirths. Or perhaps not—perhaps they’d all done the cross-bearing wolves wrong long ago.

Suppressing a snort, she met her sister’s gold eyes. Her ear lowered against her slender skull, more angular and coyote and shape. And she asked weakly, “What happened?”

Word Count → 339

ves is gonna be heartless for just a liiil' while longer xD

love how you play sparrow, btw <3

<style type="text/css">
.vespurpl t {font-style:italic; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
.vespurpl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#705968; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aKXzz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #37202a; padding: 450px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e2d9da; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vespurpl .wordcount {color:#37202a; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:7px dotted #e2bad0; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px; margin:30px 10px 0px;}
.vespurpl .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#37202a; padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: Eeee I'm hope I'm doing alright. xD She is such a complex character to play~

The fawn felt exposed under Vesper’s stare, but the inner mechanism of her mind actually expected this to happen; neither of the sisters was born to be like this, and as far as Sparrow knew, Vesper did not retain the virus, so this was a new sight to behold. Though she did not find the gaze intruding and made no attempt to cover herself, she still felt meek, and the other arm found comfort by wrapping itself around her thin torso, its twin still occupied with her mane. Yellow eyes darted away momentarily as Vesper stated the obvious, with either embarrassment or shame, it was hard to tell. “I… Yes, I was.” Sparrow was not too keen on explaining how she became to be like this, or the fact that she was more or less stuck and couldn’t turn back.

“Well, we both had excuses,” she said distantly when she saw her sister look away. In honesty, she talked herself earlier in life that Vesper died, bled to death in front of their home, and was with their mother, wherever she was. She couldn’t remember clearly how badly her sister was injured, the memory ruined by the confusion and fear she felt at that moment, and the times her mind repressed it the times following it; her brain found a way to even reverse her nearly flawless memory for the sake of its sanity. From Vesper’s point of view, she could easily see how she thought that Marcel killed her, only that he made Sparrow wished that he did on a couple of occasions.

Again, when blue eyes sought for yellow, they did not have the moral to look back at them. Like Vesper, her demeanor became more reclusive, ears and tail lowered, shoulders hunched. She was quiet, as if her sister’s words were lost to the wind. Her hand finally released itself from her binding mane, seeking sheltered under her arm on the other side of her body, and found security within herself; it felt as if she held her being together by her own arms as she recalled her time with Marcel with frightful quality. “...A lot. He’s the one who did this to me, changed me. He…” She stopped herself before she went into detail how she becoming a Luperci came to be.

Her words were double edged. She herself was well aware of her fragile state of mind that was caused by their father, which made it all too much more conflicting inside of herself. “I got away from him though. I heard rumors of a coywoman. One with a missing ear. Strange coloration. They spoke how brash you were, how independent, how many fights you would go into.” At this, her lips curled into a gentle smile. “I managed to trace you down to here… Inferni, is it? I just wanted to see if they were true. And to say hello.” Now that she explained why she was here, she felt empty, like she did on the first night away from Marcel. She didn't know what to do, where to go, what to say. It was hard to be your own person when you never had that choice in the beginning.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Cornflower blue eyes noticed how awkward the other seemed in her shape, wrapping her arms around herself so much like she did. The other luperci in the clan had told her to stand stronger, and so she’d worked hard to present a concrete front like she did on four limbs, but she would never be as comfortable in her optime form as the one she had been born in. She still hated, and regretted, and dreamed.

“I was too,” Vesper said in the same tone, although sympathy softened the corners of her lips slightly. It was obvious from her low tail how she thought of that, and perhaps the number of knife scars dotting her back was evidence of how she’d been changed. It didn’t take much to remember the details of that fight.

Her expression hardened slightly as the other coywolf mentioned excuses—but she was just as angry at herself as she was at the weakest daughter of Winter. She’d been too pathetic to fight her way to safety, to resist a little more, but at least that was expected. Ves could easily have pursued her father once she’d woken, her blood clotted.

Sparrow looked like she was trying to hide within herself, but Vesper would not take the question away. She wanted to know what she had failed to prevent, even if she listened to her sibling’s soft words with dread in her heart. Her mouth slackened in horror, a step taken toward the young woman before she stopped herself. “No,” she whispered, but she could only imagine from the glimpses of her father, of his arrogant grin and entitled swagger, the ease with which he swatted her away. He had done the unthinkable to their mother, had instilled a terror in the small fighter that influenced her sexuality as much as the wiring of her brain did. She’d been spared, but…

Vesper made a silent vow in that moment, locked it away. She brought the broken pieces of herself back together and listened expressionlessly, standing strong for herself and for her baby sister.

“This is Inferni, and I am here as its subleader,” the scarred coywolf said, pride creeping into her voice. Pride had always been her sin; doubtless shy Sparrow would recognize the familiar way it changed her posture and her tone. “And you’ll do more than say hello. There are wolves in these parts—and while I don’t share the same belief as my clan that every wolf is evil, these are. You aren’t safe.”

There was a flash of uncertainty, but she stepped a little bit closer and flicked her dark-tipped tail. “You should stay. For as long as the fighting continues, at least, and forever if you manage to find loyalty here. I won’t have you—” Her voice faltered, and humbly she lowered her eyes.

“I won’t have you hurt because of me again…sister.”

Word Count → 483

<style type="text/css">
.vespurpl t {font-style:italic; color:#37202a; text-shadow:#5e4857 1px 1px 2px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: [/grabs a hankie] ; m ;

Eyes lost in past memories resurfaced for a moment to look more clearly upon her sister. “Oh,” she merely breathed. But then again, it was to be expected; it would have been nearly impossible for Vesper to be riddled in scars and not to sit there and take it like Sparrow did, and would have shed some blood herself. It was easy, simple really, how this damned virus spread. But, she was viewing everything in past terms, and was still overcoming that Vesper was now an adult, no longer the child that saved her more than once while her naïve mind believed everything was alright, things were in their place and nothing would go wrong as long as she had her mother’s company. Maybe that’s how she was taken away so easily; once the beast killed Winter, she had nothing, and the only one that comforted then her was the one who caused her misfortune.

Sparrow, once gaining enough courage to look in Vesper’s direction, saw the horror upon her face clearly. She wanted to blame herself for all of this, that her mother was killed because of her, she could have stopped it, Marcel would have ran, they would have stayed together; Vesper could have taught her how to hunt, they would become close, maybe staying together until the two came to an agreement to leave their ways peacefully or staying together until Fate broke them apart. Vesper managed to make Marcel go away at that age, but she herself was too weak, too easily controlled to do that same. Regret racked her body like a torrent of cold water, and could not help but wince at all the possibilities that she let slip between her fingers. It was her fault, her fault, always her fault. Marcel repeatedly told her every single problem was because of her, and she utterly believed it, then and even now. “I’m sorry,” she managed to whisper, despite the fact she wanted to cry it out, wanting her voice to at least show how passionately sorry she was for all of this. But she made it this far, and refused to let herself break down. Not in front of Vesper.

Her attention grabbed at the change of subject like a starving dog would at a bone. She smiled even further at the obvious pride that leaked into this dire meeting; she did not quite understand it, but she was happy that her sister found something to be happy about. But, the smiled decreased, and became a small grimace at the mention of wolves. She wondered off-handedly if they were like Marcel, but by the tone of voice that her sister held, they were a different breed of evil than father was, so was not as concern. But, dread crept up her back.

Yellow eyes became like two, damp suns, and though the ability to emotionally cry lacked in their species, rain would have begun to leak from their beholders. Sparrow inched even closer to the borders, the skulls disappearing from existence, and the only thing that kept her from crossing the line was the sudden wave of strong, unfamiliar scents of other coyotes. “I would like to join you, Vesper… I admit, I am no use now. But, I can learn. I will learn, if it means that I won’t hurt you because of me as well.”

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Vesper had to swallow a lump in her throat at her sibling’s apology, but one look told her that it would be a lost cause to tell her not to be sorry. Something had broken Sparrow, although she had always been timid, malleable. She could only imagine what had happened, but she found it too hard. The Marcel that haunted her nightmares was a beast of fire and coal, his fangs tearing into her, crippling her, framing a mocking cackle. To see their father through her sister’s eyes—or, hell, through their mother’s eyes—was too much. She only found solace in that she had tasted his blood and knew he could bleed.

The mottled brown woman smiled weakly and frowned weakly and inched with weak steps closer to the skull-lined borders. It would have been easy for another sister to shift and embrace her, but Vesper recognized her flaws. She knew what was right, but she didn’t have the strength to completely forgive her sister or herself for what had happened that August day. Perhaps in time.

“You will learn,” the Optio agreed quietly, dipping her head. “Many will teach you. For long as you’re here, however, you have to swear your loyalty to Inferni. I won’t have you sneaking off if our leader Ezekiel orders for you to help us.” Maybe it was a mean accusation, but she had to acknowledge the possibility, and she spoke gently enough.

She waited for her sister to speak the words—whatever words did not matter, so long as she understood—and allowed a small welcoming smirk at last. Even as a child, she’d hardly ever managed a proper smile.

The light tawny hybrid stepped backwards, beckoning her sibling to come over the borders, to come into the home that would keep her safe. Finally, they might be able to set things right.

Word Count → 311

Some PP in assuming she makes a vow, but yeah. ^^; I'll go ahead and accept you now, but we can continue the thread if you'd like. <3 I'll be a bit slower from here on out though.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Welcome to Inferni!RANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

Remember:

• Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information -- approach the higher ranked canines in your tier, and try interact with them. To choose a tier, simply mention it in our Maintenance thread. If you do not choose a tier, the leaders will pick one based on your character’s in-game behavior.

As a new member, why not:

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!