Escape Artist
[html]

OOC April 19

That was it. She couldn't take one more day staying in the pack. Broken leg or not, she was going to break out of here! Unfortunately, Aylu's presence had allowed her to get back into her room in the hotel, on the second floor. The stairs were between her and the floor below. Determined not to be stopped she spent a few minutes rummaging around in the various rooms before finding a cushion that she could use. Setting it up at the top of the stairs Terra clambered on, and pushed.

She shot down the stairs, biting back a howl of delight from the ride. On the ground Terra was tempted to climb up and do that all over again, but decided that was better left for when she could actually navigate stairs. Hurriedly she limped out, following the twists in the trees to remain hidden as she moved towards the border. Soon she'd be out in open land again, traveling and happy. If she had to play the invalid for one more day she was going to lose it.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
It had been a while since he had last seen Fleta, and many things had happened since then. Some of those things had been pleasant, but others had left Kit wanting to find Fleta more then ever. It was those not so pleasant things that Kit didn't plan to ever tell Fleta about, doubting very much that she would have approved, or accepted his excuses. He wanted to make up for that

Kit's memory led the male near where he had carried Fleta, a place that she had said was her pack, and he set himself up on top of a slight hill, giving him a better view of the area. To someone not knowing his intent, it might look like he was scouting the area for some ill purpose, but Kit only watched for one thing. Not holding high hopes for Fleta to suddenly make herself appear, the male had begun thinking about trespassing to try finding her, but before getting himself into a world of trouble, found some luck.

Sneaking through some trees, Kit spotted what he thought might have been Fleta, but before truly confirming his suspicions, turned his muzzle to the sky. Howling in a cheerful manner, Kit tried his best to convey the message of "I'm over here, come to me". Whether it was Fleta, and whether she recognized him, began heading toward the border himself.
[html]

OOC here.

Terra froze as a howl lifted through the air. Most of the time she'd be more than happy to answer with her own cheerful cry, and come running out. She was trying not to draw attention though, knowing how worried Aylu would be and doing her best to avoid that. Terra continued through the woods, moving more quietly now. Despite her bright fur she could have passed as a ghost from her movements, only the slight unevenness from her limp revealing that it was something more.

Turning towards where the cry had been Terra slowed, wondering if it was a good idea to reveal herself. It did sound like Kit, but others might have already arrived at his call that could move much faster. Well, she'd see how it was. Moving along the border Terra smiled, seeing the red hybrid standing there. Her tail wagged behind her, but Terra didn't reveal herself quite yet. Deciding it'd be more fun to surprise him Terra slid about until she was behind him. Letting out a small woof she waited for Kit to turn around, hoping he hadn't already picked up on her scent.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
Somewhere along Kit's movement toward the borders, the male lost track of the female that he was confident was Fleta. Pausing in confusion not too far from the border, Kit started to look around in an attempt to pick up the trail once again, even beginning to wonder if maybe it was some other member of Fleta's pack, that just didn't want the trouble of talking to a stranger. If he had been in their shoes, Kit figured that his own actions would have gone something like that.

Those thoughts washed away at the surprising sound of a woof behind him, and caused Kit to stiffen slightly, before turning around. At the sight of Fleta, Kit relaxed, and moved to take the female in an eager embrace, both arms going to wrap around his partner in crime. "Hey there Fleta, I've missed you! I was starting to think you didn't want to see me again, and go on that adventure I promised." Kit teased softly, while his green eyes watched for some sign that she didn't approve of his forward approach.
[html]

OOC here.

Kit stiffened up at the surprising sound from behind. She hadn't expected anything else from a fellow thief, knowing they needed to be quick on their toes or end up in something's stomach. Her tail wagged brightly at the familiar sight of her new friend, his coat a darker red than her own. The pair was almost in contrast, pale green to deep green, a single streak of red to a full dark coat of it. He spun around, probably figuring out how to wheedle his way out of being so near a pack.

He quickly relaxed as she grinned at him mischievously, childishly pleased by such a simple trick. His arms wrapped around her warmly, a firm comforting presence. It reminded her of Aylu, how he constantly held her, protecting her. Of course, Kit was more fun, as he would actually go along with causing trouble, and was yet to show concern over her broken leg beyond finding ways to go around it, just like she did. Terra nuzzled into his neck, her own arms wrapped around him while her tail beat eagerly.

Missed her? I always want adventure. To go with you would be... Terra strained to find a word that would describe how happy she was when he talked about having adventures together, about spending time together. She couldn't think of it though, and just shrugged, grinning up at him. I couldn't get away until now.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Embracing Fleta felt good, the feel of his fur against hers, with their green eyes close enough to easily look into one another. It was something that Kit had looked forward to, those feel good emotions that kept him thinking about the pretty female who had his arms wrapped around them. The feel of her own arms wrapping around him, and the nuzzling of his neck, they convinced Kit that the feeling was mutual. Though he had no way of being sure, aside from the tail he could not see wagging behind Fleta, a mirror of his own tail's actions.

Seeing her hesitate on how to describe the thoughts of adventuring together was amusing to watch, but Kit resisted the temptation to interrupt, and simply enjoyed the fact that he was holding Fleta. When it seemed she was done talking, Kit responded with a smiling face, and some teasing words "Well, now that you got away, we can go on an adventure. Just you and me. I can even carry you again if you want, I certainly wouldn't mind carrying such a pretty lady.".

Kit wasn't so strong that he would be able to carry Fleta all the time, but he was fairly confident that piggy backing his partner occasionally to give her leg a rest wasn't going to kill him.
[html]

OOC here.

Yes! They would be going, the whole world laid out as their playground. That was what Terra saw, shifting around. There was nothing out there that struck her as particularly serious, nothing that she really needed to do beyond what she wanted. Escaping had been difficult, knowing that explaining what she was doing would be difficult if someone spotted her, but it had been worth it to find Kit waiting on the end, eager to go with her.

Terra cocked her head, considering the offer. Her leg did hurt a little bit, but it would probably be better if she didn't. After all, he wasn't as big as Shadow, and even he had trouble holding onto Terra when she forgot that she was supposed to be staying still and was attempting to go after something. I can walk as long as you're beside me. Terra's ears flattened a little, embarrassed by the words, hoping that he wouldn't mind. She could probably come up with plenty of excuses to stay beside him, and it was embarrassing to realize she'd considered doing that.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]