sweet dreams are made of this [J]
ooc: wc = 642

[html]
It was a tawny shadow that was making her way through the spongy spring lands of the country she'd known as Canada, heading for a distant target that was Nova Scotia in search of a new pack to lay her name before. She'd begun the journey from Maine and her heartfelt farewell to Luis in her four-legged Lupus form, her knifed belt now doubled around her narrow chest as she continued at a steady trot. Her heart and mind still lingered with her ailing father figure, but it was her spirit that was turned to new hopes that he'd had for her, and that was pushing her forward.

Camila had been tempted from time to time to settle in a cave she'd found, near Halycon mountain (if she'd known that that was where she was), and simply hunt off of the lands as a nomad - she could take down deer on her own in her various forms; Lupus for the greater exercise, Secui for strength, and Optime to use her knives, but her obligation to Luis and her subconscious need for a pack drove her forward, past the mountains, and into the heart of pack territory.

It had been at time hazardous to dance along the outskirts of territories, and if it weren't for simple luck driving her towards Halifax, she wouldn't have made it to this border at all. The skulls posted on fences were a clear warning to remain on the outskirts of one pack's territory, and also away from joining them at all. Their hostile and haunting influence discomforted her soul, and her gait grew faster to put her back to the lands.

As the day was beginning to be drawn into night by the moon's silvery tendrils, so Camila found herself on the outskirts of the first territory that at least seemed not hostile outright. Clamped in her jaws was a hare she'd chased from a mile back and had carried to this new pack, Luis' demand for etiquette still ringing in her ears as if he'd put it as another piercing in her appendage.

Sitting down on the very edge, with someone's scent wafting into her nose so strongly it threatened to knock her off her paws, the fae slowly edged off her more superfluous jewelry with her nose and watched with disinterest as they clunked to the springy earth beneath her paws. Before she gave reason for the undress, however, she lifted her tipped muzzle to the sky, allowing a low, alto sound to spring from her jaws and paint the air, hopefully loud enough to reach anyone on a dusk patrol. She held her sound strong for a few seconds, until music carried the time away, until her breath ran out and her notes ended in a higher burst before silence ensued.

From there, while she waited for someone to arrive, her bi-coloured eyes scanning the territory before her, Camila willed her body to shift, her bones to mold beneath her. It was clear that her posture was elongating, her limbs lengthening and fur growing, covering more skin than there had been before, her balance shifting from four paws to two, before at long last she was standing in her Optime form, hair tumbling down her back and into her eyes as she stood at the Casa di Cavalieri border. Slowly slipping the jewelry back onto her limbs, a faint smile coloured her features as she listened to their comforting cling, admiring them in the fading orange light before standing erect and proud, but with her head bowed, gaze sweeping the land in front of her in search of any movement to indicate she was not the solitary creature she'd been for the past days.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I hate you for thinking your post is short Katie...<3 (JK)

Time was passing faster than he wanted. It seemed that the years got shorter the older he became and there was simply no reeling it in, and certainly no freezing. When he was younger he believed that a year was forever when it came to waiting. The playful snow never came fast enough for him to play in and yet the cold nights lasted so long. Now that his children were all grown and he was left alone while they found mates he was starting to wonder how much time he had left to find a mate. Ghita had taken up much of his younger days and in a short couple of years he would be past his prime. When would he find a special someone again to share the short nights with? Would he ever have more pups? Oh how he wished he would.

A female’s call from the boarders turned him around in his boarder patrol, sending him towards the source of the sound grumpily. For some reason unknown to him the male had woken up on the wrong side of the bed, though no doubt it was from the lack of sleep do to his continuous thoughts. As he approached the boarders the scent of the female entered his lungs, confirming that she was of no pack in these lands. Finally she came into view in the moonlight.

She sat in her two legged form, much like the Sole himself, though he quickly noted the size difference. This girl was much smaller than the broad giant but she was a slender beauty in her own right, holding a clearly mixed heritage. “Hello. You're out quite late.” The Scotsman greeted with a sideways smirk. “I’m Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, the alpha male of Casa di Cavalieri.” Stopping a couple meters from the brown hued hybrid he questioned her lightly, “How can I help you?”

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc: wc = 808

no you love meeeeee

[html]
Raising her gaze to meet the newcomer, it was hard to not appreciate his size and good looks. However as his words spun before her, Camila was quick to adopt a respectful attitude, bowing her head as she rose to her feet. Around her narrow waist now sat the leather belt, weighed down on her left side by five silver blades, smiling in the moonlight where her lips did not. Occasionally sneaking a gaze to Jazper's yellowed orbs, for the most part the Spanish fae kept her eyes trailed on the ground, showing submission that would have made Luis beam with pride.

Despite herself, Camila cocked an eyebrow at his notice of her being out late. True, the moon had appeared while she'd been waiting for someone to greet her arrival, but she had never truly followed a bedtime routine. She slept when she was tired and woke up when the sun came up. Sure, when she was little in her old pack with her mother and Carlo she adhered to a strict schedule, but that was when she was four months old. Her memories were scattered and distant from then, and even if she wanted to recall the faces of her past family to bring some sort of fondness to the forefront, she could not.

Regardless, even when she traveled with her warrior pack there had not been a set sleeping time. She had been the youngest of their pack, and even with the almost exclusively bachelor-male fraternity, there were precious few rules surrounding their personal conduct. So to hear the new male indicate how late she was out was a surprise to her, and Camila swallowed, unsure of how to respond.

Of course, he could have been referring to the danger that the night supposedly posed to young faes, especially of her diminished size. Almost as if he'd known of their separation upon mooring, Luis had instructed Camila on conduct in the new world, and that had varied in everything from courtesy when entering a pack's land (now she was certainly thanking him for that), to the dangers the night could sometimes pose. He had no difficulty highlighting her small stature and how others, particularly fully-grown wolves, wolves with pure ancestry or other hybrids, but this time with larger canines, would see it as an advantage waiting to be acted upon. However Camila knew she was not helpless, and the knives at her hip displayed that to anyone who wanted to look. "The night holds no danger." She said simply, her Spanish heritage clearly shining through in her speech with her rolling vowels and lilted consonants. It was much more musical than other dialects to a native of Nova Scotia, but she was fascinated in her own right by Jazper's Scottish accent.

Upon his introduction, Camila bowed her head even further, a swift duck down to acknowledge that she'd heard him, and a smile playing at the corners of her lips indicated her comfort, as did her posture, which was slowly relaxing, every muscle visible as it unclenched. "A pleasure. I am Camila Santiago." A wolf hybrid of few words, Camila kept it simple as always, and shrugged a shoulder at his question before clasping her hands behind her back, above the base of her tail which hung low, slowly gliding from side to side to allow occasional gleams in the moonlight sourced from her bangle.

Almost hesitantly, she spoke up at last, raising her chin slightly to get a better look at her greeter. Of course, it did little good, seeing how much smaller she was than the male, but it was all she would chance with the newcomer. She did not know how friendly he was, or how tolerant he was of insubordination, and so would weigh her options as if crossing a frozen lake, a light pawprint here and there before crossing. The male said he was an alpha of a pack... Casa di Cavalieri, if she heard correctly. Steeling her nerves inside, the fae took a breath in before continuing, slowly wading into the biggest independent decision she'd made. "Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, I am in search of a pack to join." The woman vocalized, her tone unassuming and clearly masking the anticipation in her heart. "I brought a gift, for good measure." Remembering the dead hare that lay at her feet, she gestured with her right paw towards it, the movement in her arm causing the bracelets to chime pleasantly in the night. If Jazper looked close enough, he would be able to notice that the hare hadn't died from a Lupus' tooth, but a knife had been buried in his eye to ensure a quick death without tainting the rest of the meat.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: <.< Maybe.

Her accent caused the large male’s ears to perk slightly. He had never heard the strange lilt, though he would say it was quite pretty and easy on the ears compared to some other accents. Her deep bow reassured him that although she was a loner the young lady held a sense of respect for others. Though he wondered if she would have bowed to any of Casa’s members. The Sole was of the belief that those seeking membership should show their manners to all within the pack, not just leaders. His smile grew from a smirk to a grin, “I meant no offense. Most prefer to do business in the day is all.” He did not mention that he was included in the day preferring people, the only activity he preferred at night was sleep and hunting, as the night hid him well from prey.

Golden eyes quickly noticed the knives, held against her waist by a simple strap similar to his own. Though her’s held many small knives, a kind meant for throwing, while his held a small knife for cutting things like rope or wood, and a larger dagger in case his sword failed him. Perhaps this hybrid was not afraid of the night because she was the danger. At the mention of her name he was quick to raise his eyes, meeting her bi colored orbs briefly before he lowered his own head in a bow, a display of respect. It was only with her mention of joining the pack, and the offering of a hare that the Sole completely relaxed his body posture.

Looking to the hare on the ground his eyes wandered up to Camila as though asking permission to take it before he crouched down, picking up the dead prey. Standing back to his full height he chuckled lightly, “That’s some great knife throwing you did.” It was clear that the only mark on the hare was a single cut trough the eye, the knife would have hit the brain instantly killing the rodent. “Thank you. One of the member’s will be very happy for your kill.” Jazper himself would not eat a gift to the pack, preferring his own fresh kill.

“You’re eagerness is welcoming but Casa is not a home for those who do not share our values.” She clearly had skill throwing knives, but did she believe in their cause? “We are a home to warriors who wish to serve and protect. You are free to spar with members but we are a team, a place of safety for those who seek it and a helping hand for those in need. We are very lucky to have so many willing fighters as well as members with other talents. What makes you worth of my member’s fellowship?” Perhaps it was a difficult question but he would not allow just anyone into the ranks, not all warriors were good at heart.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Punishments so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Melissa or Katie and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

ooc: wc: 523

you love me, you know it. ;3 i made this post especially short for you!

[html]
Letting a soft smile relax her features, Camila appreciated Jazper's conceding that he meant no offense. She had met all sorts during her travels between Spain and Canada, and she had found it easier to assume the worst of people as opposed to blindly trusting them. But she was reassured for some reason by Jazper, and found herself relaxing in his presence. While he wasn't immediately welcoming her with open arms, she would be suspicious of such actions, and as a result made no move to stand down on her request.

Backing up a few steps to allow Jazper to take the hare comfortably, she did not want to immediately gain too much proximity to the male before she trusted him, but she made no move to stop him from picking up her gift. It was for him and his pack, after all. Unable to suppress a grin when she heard Jazper praise her skills with her knives, Camila tried to counteract her pride with another shrug that shook the bangles on her wrist. "Probably no better than what you could do with the blades you have." the woman offered, a combination of wit, observation, and praise rolled into a few words.

Nodding as he acknowledged how his pack would enjoy such a gift, Camila had nothing else to add besides her request to join the pack, and listened for a while as Jazper's conditions were laid about before her. Of course, her answer was on the tip of her tongue, the woman having been through enough to know exactly what to say in defense of her joining, but the real conflict was whether or not she would want to offer it up to someone completely new to her. After a few moments of weighing her dilemma, the Spanish fae finally opened her maw, with a hint of reluctance in her tone, but it was clear from her posture that she would not back down from the decision she made. Her chin was raised now, more so than it had been before but not to the extent that it could be seen as disrespectful, simply proud of herself, and the moonlight accented the gleam in her eyes.

"In my youth I caused an accident to befall my pack and it resulted in my exile. It was a minor offense but the sense of injustice to them was strong. However that is nothing compared to the sense of injustice I felt when no one came to my defense. I was no more than four months old. You say your pack is Casa di Cavalieri? In my Spanish tongue, Casa is house, and Cavalieri is similar to caballeros, which means knights. If your pack is indeed a house of knights, I had wished for one in my time of need and want no other canine to go without in their time of need." Her tone was determined but not loud, and at the end she turned her gaze to Jazper's, strong but not beseeching, wondering what was rolling through the giant's mind.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big Grin

It pleased the Knight that Camila seemed to slowly be relaxing. Most of his conversations with joiners started out formal and fairly tense, neither knowing anything about the other. But Jazper strived to make the joiner comfortable before they entered the lands. After all, if they could not relax and trust the leader after their conversation how was he to expect them to be comfortable around his pack members, there was many more members than leaders. He chuckled with a grin as she mentioned his own blades.

“But I dare not throw mine. I’m far more likely to hit my target with a blade in my hand then in the air.” It was a weakness in his warrior training. He had trained his entire life to use his size, his strength. When it came to range attacks the Sole probably could not hit an unmoving bear. “Besides, I prefer to hunt on all fours. I learned to hunt that way and it’s easier for someone with more size and less accuracy.” The last part he said with a wink. Camila was tiny in comparison to the giant but clearly she had learned to use accuracy over power.

With the hare held in one large hand the large brute listened silently to her tail. It was not one he had expected but it would explain her cautious nature and her adept skill with a knife. She probably had to fend for herself her entire life, it was no wonder she was a fighter. But her final words struck the Sole the most. “An unfortunate tale indeed. I too was left without parents around the same age, though the choice was neither my own or my parents. I hope that I can offer you the safety and warmth of a home as my old leaders did for me.” With that he stepped sideways, motioning for her to enter the pack lands. “We all live within the security of an old human fort containing a village, we call if Fort Kingsbury. Most members claim a room on the lower floor of the Courthouse. You are more than welcome to your pick.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]