Our New Dawn [J]
[html]

Dated for the 23rd.

She'd made her decision. After two nights of sleeping in safety and feeling welcome, of socializing with Deuce and the others in the pack, it was decided. The kids didn't want to leave and neither did she, so by the third morning's light, she sought out Zalen once more. It was near the den site that she called for him, howling in hopes he'd come quickly. Her little ones were playing nearby, actually playing for once instead of training and sparring. A welcome change to their travelling ways, indeed.

"Lena! Cody! Come here." Both pups turned to look towards their mother, then came running. They toppled over eachother as they came to a stop beside her, licking at her chin as she bent to groom their fur. "He'll be here soon. Behave and mind your manners." She cooed, giving them both a nip on the ears before sitting up and wrapping her tail around them. They sat pretty, Lena leaning against her mother's side happily.

Today was the day they accepted their place in the pack called New Dawn. This was the day they made it official. This was the morning of their new life and none of them could wait to sleep in the den with the rest of the pack and hunt with them and grow to be accepted as a part of the family. Today was their own New Dawn.

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC text

He had been listening to them, the soft sounds of pups playing outside; it was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard, and though he was overjoyed to hear it, it raked across his heart at the same time. While he lay in his hovel in the den, the light from outside filtering in, he closed his eyes and began to dream. In his dream, the sounds of Sky’s children were his own; puppies that looked just like he and Titania, just like Ruby and his mother, just like Cody and Keylo. They were all so beautiful, all so perfect, and he was so happy.

Suddenly, Titania howled, and he realized she sounded different, and he slowly arose from his shallow sleep to realize it was not Titania who was calling, but the female, Sky. Zalen lifted his head; the call was nearby, nearly just outside. He stood quickly, and trotted outside into the sunlight to see the Rhiannon woman and her children sitting there. They looked like a picture, a painting; statues perfectly aligned. He stood at the threshold and looked at them for a moment, before snapping out of it, Yes Sky, what can I do for you? He hoped that something hadn’t happened to them, it had only been two days since they had arrived.

<style>
#jn-zalen01 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #aaaaaa;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#555555;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 180px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6jRYX.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;font-family: 'Yellowtail', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;}
#jn-zalen01.table b {color:#749631;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #aaaaaa;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Lena's excited. Can you tell? xD

As he emerged from the den, Sky straightened up. Her children followed her example and the three greeted him with bowed heads. "Good morning, Zalen. I'm sorry if I woke you." She smiled, tilting her head to the side. "I was hoping to talk to you, if you have the time." She was about to say more, but apparently the ever excitable Lena couldn't resist stealing the spotlight.

"Mum says we can stay! Can we stay? Please, mister Zalen sir? Can we be members of New Dawn? Please?" She stood now, wiggling on her paws despite her mother's scolding glance. Cody watched his sister's excited dance and couldn't help grinning, looking up at the alpha hopefully.

"Ahah... yes. Sit down and behave, Lena." Sky murmured, nudging her daughter's head with her nose. Lena made a sound of protest, but sat down again. "As Lena so kindly explained, we were hoping to make things official. This is a beautiful land and the pack's been nothing but kind to us since we got here. I haven't felt so at ease in a long time and I dare say it's like paradise. We were hoping you'd let us stay, as members of your pack." Her voice was sweet, thankful and approving.

Unlike Skye, Sky had discovered Zalen to be a patient but responsible leader. She hadn't heard a single word of trife or murder here and it seemed as if she'd left her curse behind. Even Sanja had been silent since their arrival, a blessing on a whole other level for the single mother. She'd lost half of her family when she'd left d'Arte, half of her lifetime... but this place had already proven to be better than Thornbury. No stress, no fear, no murderers and no bloodshed. It was almost too good to be true.

<style type="text/css">
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Big Grin YAY!

Sky asked that Zalen give her a moment of his time, and he was about to open his mouth to say that it was alright when little Lena piped up. Zalen turned his attention on her, a smile coming to his face and his tail beginning to wag at her candid nature. After she was finished Zalen turned a bemused look up at her mother, who mirrored his expression and confirmed her daughters words. Zalen lifted his head back up to look at the three, Well then, that was a quick decision, he chuckled, joy filling his heart, We would be more than glad to have you as part of our ever growing family. I’m sure many members of my pack, me included, have already fallen in love with your children, and your skills as a healer will aid us greatly. He stepped forward then to greet his new subordinates with licks and nuzzles, beginning the process of scent marking them as part of New Dawn.

He made sure to nuzzle the pups a little longer, for they brought him so much joy that he nearly bowed in play right then and there. But instead he lifted his head back up to move next to Sky and rub flanks with her gently, I hope you and your family find joy and peace among us. He said softly, and with a warm smile.

Then, lifted his regal head up, Zalen let out a booming howl, signalling to all those within range of his voice that there were new members among them, and that it was something to be celebrated.

<style>
#jn-zalen01 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #aaaaaa;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#555555;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 180px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6jRYX.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;font-family: 'Yellowtail', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;}
#jn-zalen01.table b {color:#749631;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #aaaaaa;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]
[html]

End this thread on your post?

The whole scent marking deal was new to all three Rhiannons. As Zalen bent to nuzzle her pups, Sky watched without blinking. Lena was happy to return the 'affection' with licks and nuzzles of her own, instantly accepting Zalen as a friend and leader. Cody was reluctant to do the same, lowering his head away from the attention with a sound of protest. Then again, only his mother ever got away with messing up his fur and even then, she'd gotten a few nips and growls from him plenty of times in the past.

It was Sky's turn next and, following Zalen's cues, she offered him a nuzzle under the chin. It felt strange, but somehow natural to do such a thing. Still, she made a note to later groom her fur once he was out of sight. The howl rang clear through the air after a few short words and, as expected by both mother and brother, Lena swung her head back and howled along meaninglessly. Once she lowered her head again, Cody gave her a nudge and a bemused smirk. She made a whimpering sound, as if saying 'oops', but didn't linger on it.

Once the echoes of the howl faded, Sky smiled. "My services are here whenever you and the rest of the pack may need them. Thank for, Zalen, for letting us join your family." As if on cue, both pups rang out with thank you's of their own before breaking the moment and running off towards the den to explore their new sleeping quarters fully and properly. Sky watched them go, then turned to Zalen one last time. "I should... probably follow them. Make sure they don't get into trouble." With his permission, she'd take her leave, following the two pups into the den where the sound of yips and giggles could be heard, followed by the scolding voice of a bemused mother. A new dawn had risen over the Northlands and a new life had started for the hybrid woman and her children, one filled with promise of adventure and safety unlike anything they'd ever had before.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]