replenishing my thoughts
((Backdated to whenever you wanted it to be. LOL))

She had caught sight and scent of a familiar faced female, and the matriarch found herself slipping out to the front of the den where the little family was. The scent was different, much different than it had been when last she had seen the mate of her white son. She found herself feeling hopeful, and then hopeless. She would have known if her other son had indeed come up this way. It would have been nice, though.

She slipped outside, padding to the river and drinking. She groomed her scarred leg for a moment, flinching at the shock of the soreness of the leg still, even after over a year. She thought about Sora often, wishing she had brought her youngest daughter with her, wishing she could figure out some way to have an other litter. She wanted one more badly, knowing she was nearing the end of her breeding cycles. Her heats were more and more infrequent, less regular. She eased to the ground, draping her sore leg into the chill water. She let out a soft breath as she did, feeling the mild swelling easing as the water caressed the soreness away.
[html]
OOC: Later on the day of Sky's first arrival to New Dawn. Smile
Since she's not actually a part of the pack at this point, I won't count any of these posts towards the game.

It was a chore, touring the pups around all over their new territory. Granted they weren't yet actually a part of New Dawn's pack, it was nice to be accepted so readily by Zalen all the same. They'd learned where the den was and what all to watch out for and now it was time to explore, to get used to the area and find a place to settle down until they became used to the idea of sharing the pack's den with everyone else.

It was to Sky's great pleasure that she spotted the white coat and familiar scent before her pups did. There was no mistaking it. Deuce. "Kids, quiet down and follow me, okay?" The pair did as they were told, following their mother as she trotted towards the river and the white elder resting there. "Deuce!" The mother called happily, offering a waving tail and happy smile as her welcome.

She stopped a few feet away, both Lena and Cody colliding into her hind legs as they came to such an abrupt stop. They whined in protest, which earned Sky's apologies and gentle kisses before she turned back and lowered her head in the greeting she'd seen other pack members use that day. "When I heard you were here, I nearly lept out of my fur!" The kids watched on, inspecting the old white woman carefully. So this was their grandmother? Lena took in the woman's scent from afar, noting her father's taint in it. Yes, this was most assuredly family. Cody didn't look so certain, as usual. He was ever the skeptic, eyeing the older woman cautiously and not offering the cheerful smile his sister and mother had. He had to admit, she sure did look a lot like Myrddin and their father... except... older and more scarred up. Maybe she was family. But could she be trusted?

[/html]
The pale woman had been nodding off when the voice startled her. It sounded like... yes. It was! She slipped to her feet, her tail wagging happily. "I had hoped it was you, but I wasn't sure. You've changed so much." She looked at the little ones, seeing things in them that were unmistakably of her bloodline, though much was of their mother as well. She lifted her head, her tail wagging eagerly. "Are these my grandpups? Goodness, Sky, they're so big!" She brushed off the more respectful greeting, and danced forward, nuzzling her daughter eagerly. She glanced around, looking for Tal, but the pale male wasn't to be seen. His scent wasn't in Sky's coat either, though the scent of the D'arte pack was faintly in her fur.

She laid down then, putting herself at their level and studying her two grandchildren. "Hi kids." She offered them a reassuring smile, her tail wagging lightly. The girl was smiling, though the boy looked unsure. She resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him.... for two seconds. Then her tongue came darting out as she made a silly face at the serious looking boy. Her role as pack pupsitter was showing through, alright. Her tail wagged broadly as she laid on the ground, hoping the two would warm up to her quickly.