— Asanotohl Novek
— 2005-06
— Luperci Ortus
— Female
hady.fang@hotmail.com">shady.fang@hotmail.com
— rad sevenkaos (AIM)
— I R A STALKER!

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /renot.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was difficult to discern whether it was night or day when your eyes were closed, but Asanotohl had no greed for the time of day. All she knew was that alarms were going off deafeningly inside her head, and that for the first time in weeks she had become aware of her surroundings. New scents invaded her nostrils, the feel of the cold earth and chilling breeze were against her body; and when she did open her mis-matched eyes, she was met with a view far beyond that she could have imagined. The female pushed herself up on all fours, glancing around in silent awe.

It was dark, but the moon’s borrowed light shining through the treetops was enough to give Asa perfect vision. She stared out blankly, her mind attempting to travel to a time before this exact moment. But there was none; she couldn’t remember anything between now and her childhood with a nameless family. But she was Asanotohl Novek, that much she was sure; that much she could guarantee herself. What she could not be sure of, was her current location (which was actually somewhere just beyond the Esper Hollow border).

Within a few minutes, she had transformed into her Werewolf body, so as to examine a fruit held taller than she was as a wolf. With sleek, fluid movements, she strode up to the tree, though realized that it was still a few inches shy of her grasp, and this tree was not one that could hold her weight should she climb it. Standing on her tip-toes, she reached a clawed hand forth, straining to reach the plump, purple berry which called to her hunger.

table by akumu
[/html]
ZOMG HI VAN. <3 Nice post. :3

[html]
Even underneath the moonlight, Esper Hollow was full of fog and shadows. With the heat of the day long past, the damp ground had cooled and the air threatened to retain its mugginess, a strange combination to have to deal with when all Laurel was trying to do was comb through the thickest portion of the area. He had mentally blocked out going too for north of the territory, having spent quiet parts of the day and then night wondering about Ember. He assumed that she was all right because he had intervened, but the sight of blood wasn't really his favourite thing to do. Animal was one thing, but knowing it came from someone that wasn't exactly a meal made a small difference in his mind.

But this time, fortunately, it wasn't the smell of blood that had drawn him into the depths of the Hollow. Having the breeze on his side was helping lead him to the general area that this supposed stranger was in and it wasn't too long before his tall coyote ears could hear what was going on. Through the thick brush and beneath the moonlight his olive-tinted eyes caught sight of a very feminine form; her height stunted for whatever reason and ultimately she didn't look much older than Nikita or Jasper. Yet he couldn't help but lip to himself age before beauty because at any rate, appearances weren't necessarily hard to keep up. He kept his steps light and just as fluid as hers but only a touch more quiet, approaching her with curious interest.

“Fan of eating mulberries under the moonlight?”
[/html]
HAAII KUMUFACE! *attacks with love!* Forgive me, Asa is a bit strange right now xD She'll even out, later.

[html]<style type="text/css">
.nireetablechels strong {color:#ccbca3;}
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

So intent had Asa been on feeding herself, that the near-silent approach of another had gone completely unnoticed. So it was no complete surprise that she jumped back at the sound of the voice, eyes widened from being startled, and hands clutching her muzzle to suppress a well-meaning scream. She stared at the other Luperci, her surprise dwindling until she found her voice. Wh-what? …I mean, yeah. I mean, no, I meant no! Her voice had self-consciously risen, embarrassment flushing beneath her multi-hued fur. She was not usually so uptight and wound, but the scents of nature, and the eerie fog, and her hunger had done wonders to her mentality. Everything was just about screwed up right now.

Except the other wolf, for he was as clear as day. He was older, fairly handsome, and as refined as a wild wolf can be. His clothing was simple, yet only added to his attractive qualities, coyote-like and all. Asanotohl drew her separately colored eyes away from him and stared at her empty hands, mindlessly playing with the bracelets of her right arm. What I meant to say was that I just woke up, I have no idea where I am… and I’m starving. Regardless of the time, currently I am a fan of mulberries… though I’ve never had or seen one before… She glanced towards the lowest berry, still out of her reach. Then her eyes drifted back towards the considerably taller male. I’m Asa. Please excuse my… ineptness.

table by chels
[/html]
I like her already, haha. And Laurel's 100% coyote, not a wolf. Wink

[html]
Laurel couldn't help but crack a smile when she suppressed a scream, though he hadn't met to startle her so. It wasn't every day that he got to see that spark of panic rise up in a pair of eyes and fade away, much less see it in a pair of eyes that were mis-matched. “Sorry,” he offered all the same, letting her sputter and spill the beans as to just what she was doing. First he had girls with broken arms spilling blood all over his borders and now he had reeled in an anmesiac. “It's okay, really. I'm Laurel and if you want, I could take you back to our campsite and give you something better than some berries to eat.” After all, it was the least that he felt he could do; being hungry couldn't have been the worst of her problems as she had clearly stated.
[/html]
Gotcha! *writes in a secret notebook* ;]

</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

She gave him a sheepish smile, baring her teeth awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her neck with her hand. Her uneasy grin had turned into a kind of smooth, quieted laughter as the newly introduced Laurel offered her a bit of shelter and a more suitable food than berries for the time being; though as quickly as her chuckles had become, they only went on nervously for a moment or two before she realized that there had been nothing entirely funny to laugh at. Asa closed all sound abruptly and stared blankly at the ground, wondering if she could get any stupider as the time passed. Maybe her nerves were just bad? She couldn’t place the feeling, but she couldn’t exactly shake it either.

That sounds nice… thank you, she said, attempting a smile after her rather awkwardly placed giggle. She could only pass off such a demeanor as a nervous reaction, but it wasn’t as if it had made anything easier for her. What is this place? she asked quietly, straightening herself and taking a gentle stride by Laurel’s side as he graciously led the way to her unknown destination.

table by chels
[/html]
I'm glad someone else is finally joining crazy happy gypsy pack ftw, haha.
[html]
Back through the fog and the forest they meandered, Laurel's pace was light and easy just like his leisure nature. With Asanotohl in tow at his side, he knew that there would questions and they came fairly quickly into their jaunt towards the centre of the packland. “Well, I don't really know the big name of this forest area, but you're north and west of a city called Halifax. My friends and I that make up the troupe here call this little portion Esper Hollow though.” He wasn't sure if she wanted the full entail of the region, so he held off for now. “Do you think you may have been from around here anywhere?” She didn't carry the scent of either Twilight Vale or Dahlia de Mai, so he ruled out that she was from those places for sure.
[/html]
Gypsies = WIN! :]

</style>

Her spirits had been considerably risen, attitude light and airy since waking up. Confusion obviously seemed to lack space in her time frame, seeing as she hardly even gave it an inch. She had no idea where she was, where she’d been or how she had got here… yet seemed completely fine with it all; even eager for Laurel’s words. Her ears pivoted gently in his direction as e spoke, nodding slightly with his words. She found it easy to keep pace with his soft, drawling movements; and her dark ponytail swung back and forth comically, a few locks of long, curly hair floating unobtrusively before her eyes.

She hardly heard his question, mis-matched eyes dwindling curiously upon his hat. She knew what clothes were, and had seen a few variations of shirts and pants, yet had never cared for them (hence her own lack thereof) and never before had she seen a hat. Pictures maybe, but never one in person. She stared up at the tall coyote’s hat, finding it difficult to concentrate on much else. What? she mused absently, thought shook her head quickly and dropped her eyes to his face instead. I mean, no. I mean! I don’t know! Her voice had risen slightly again, as if she had very little (if any) control of it’s volume.

She sighed, growing a little frustrated with herself. She pulled her ponytail over her shoulder and began to absently play with the ends, her ears pulling back in an embarrassed manner. I’m not sure, honestly. Nothing looks or smells familiar… but then again, I can’t remember much anything from between my early childhood and about an hour ago… Another sheepish cringe.

table by chels
[/html]
Yes! *also beats computer for needing a restart*

[html]
His face fell a little bit at her seeming frustrated, feeling that maybe it was better if he let the topic drop from the time being. She really didn't remember much and if anything, he knew better than to push it. There were plenty of reasons why some people simply forgot things. A bad past, something traumatic. Perhaps unfortunately in his case, he had a habit of remembering almost everything and there were far too many nights when his thoughts kept him awake on a regular basis. He let the silence fall between them for a few moments, only speaking up again when the first few flickers of light from the camp fire came into view.

“This place isn't really much just yet, we all kind of recently settled in.” Truthfully, even if it wasn't very much just yet, it was fine by Laurel. He had never seen a large band of gypsies do very well, though there had been a time or two when they had been pretty good while they lasted. He retrieved one of the fish that had been cooked earlier that evening, pulling it free from the skewer someone had haphazardly jabbed it on and offered it to Asanotohl. “You're welcome to stay here if you want to though, and free to go if you remember things. We're a bit of a motley crew around here but I don't doubt that if you stick around you wouldn't feel unwelcome.”
[/html]
</style>

The campsite was no more than what she had imagined at the mention of it, yet all the same it was gloriously simplistic in her eyes. She graciously took the fish offered to her, and refrained from monstrously tearing into the singed flesh of the fish as Laurel spoke again; her fingers twitched slightly with this silent effort. I’d be glad to hang around, Asa breathed, hungry eyes raping the fish before she viciously attacked it with her teeth, barbarically stuffing almost all the meal into her mouth and hardly chewing before gulping it down bit by bit.

It took a few licks of her muzzle and fingers for her to remember where she was, and that she was in the presence of another. Her eyes traveled warily up to the face of Laurel, and sheepish grin befell her perfectly cleansed as she pulled back her ears and laughed haphazardly, only half-hoping he didn’t find her too repulsive now for his band of friends. I’m... sorry. I’m usually not so… like this… A rather tired excuse for her rather rancid behavior.

table by chels
[/html]
If you can't think of some little job thing for her just yet, it's cool. ;3

[html]
“Don't worry about it. There's been a time or two in my life when you're hungry enough to eat a horse. Only I tried to, literally,” he laughed, almost looking sheepishly at the forming memory. “Damn thing knocked me on my ass before I even got close enough to touch its tail.” Since then he hadn't felt a pain like that in his chest, physically, of course. His eyes wandered over to the small shack of sorts that Laurent had built for himself and his mate before scoping the area for something that could at least be hers. All of the digging in the city had done him some good, because they at least had spare supplies of this, that, or the other and in this case, he had problem giving up one of the extra tents.

Letting her stay where she was, he stepped aside and partially out of the light of the fire, picking underneath a tarp where they had secured some of those goods. “You don't remember if you have some sort of particular skill, do you? Around here we kind help each other and look out for one another; one kid here, Jasper, he'll cook up things for us if we give him the goods. His mate, Laurent, build that little mess of a fixture over there.” His hand grasped one of the frame pieces and he pulled easily, frowning slightly at the way the tent had been stored. “My friend Nikita and I head up this place, partially because we founded it, but she's our little hunter and makes sure that no one comes around and messes with our stuff.”
[/html]
</style>

Asanotohl giggled at the recollection of a not-so-fond memory. The word “horse” drew together a vague picture for her, something very tall and fast; a hefty creature of just about as many colors as wolves. Asa smiled, figuring that she’d have to see one again one day… should that day ever come. Ya know, I’d like to see a horse. I think I can remember them… but, she shrugged as if to finalize her point. Her green and purple eyes followed Laurel as he moved away to rummage within a large bin of supplies. Her gaze wandered to the other housing facilities, wondering vaguely if any of their tenants were around.

She drew her eyes back to the clothed coyote and frowned a little. I can’t be sure of what I’m good at… she murmured, shuffling her feet slightly. She felt pretty useless by this point, and found that this feeling wasn’t something she exactly condoned. But I’m willing to do anything you put me up for… I’m not afraid to learn. A small plea for her rather useless case. Her tail wagged slowly back and forth as her arms crossed against her chest and her hands gingerly grasped her shoulders.

table by chels
[/html]
*beats an admin to title you!*
[html]
With the tent finally coming free, Laurel could only smile at her offer to pick up learning whatever came to his mind. It was a nice gesture, but Laurel wasn't much more than a musician and not everyone cared about musicians. “Maybe once the morning rolls around we could go to Halifax. You might find something that clicks,” both in her memory and perhaps if not, then as a trade to be useful in. “Anywhere in specfic you want me to set this thing up for you?” With it all bunched up in his arms, he didn't just want to go and dump it somewhere and get started. If she was going to stick around for a while, at the very least she could pick out her own little patch of ground to call her own.
[/html]
A FINISHING POST! BWAHAHAHA.

</style>

Sounds like fun, she grinned, slowly wandering towards him as he was bunching up the tent supplies. She tilted her head slightly at his query, grinning airily. Over there is fine, she pointed towards an empty area close to the tree-line; then she bounded over to the spot of her desire, as if to demonstrate. She helped him set up her tent, then bid Laurel farewell, until morning.

table by chels
[/html]