Approaching The Border
Exiled. Isolated. Alone.

Malakai has been banished from his Pack, from his family, from the land in which he was born and raised, but it had been by his own hand. Jealousy for his brother, his twin Rafael had grown from a splinter in his paw to a stake through his heart and it had torn him apart from within. Always the golden pup, Rafael needed to do nothing except exist to draw his parents love and attention. Malakai, on the other hand, had done everything expected of him, and still his parents barely threw him a second glance. Anger had flared within him, and finally, Kai had decided to finally show his parents how weak his brother truly was.

An attack in the night was all it took. Brother had attacked Brother, Rafael's whines could have been heard miles away, and Kai had sealed his own fate. The Alpha, his father, had immediatly chased him off the Pack lands, telling him he no longer deserved the right to wear the family name, telling him they had no sons now.

Malakai had told himself that that was fine by him. If they didn't realize the truth of it, that Kai had simply been stronger, faster, smarter than his brother, then they were the ones who didn't deserve him. He would be fine on his own, with his claws and fangs and wits.

But it didn't take long for Kai to realize the error of his ways. He had been raised by a Pack, loyal to each other, offering support and comfort and help. He had refused to acknowledge that he needed those things, but in the wilderness on his own, he knew that he did. Bringing down a large stag had not gone entirely to plan, the animal's large antlers catching his right rear flank as his sharp teeth had brought the beast to it's end, and with his fur torn open in a painful open wound, Kai had had little choice but to ask for help. He was not far from the borders of a nearby pack, and managing to drag the animal carcass towards the border itself, Malakai hesitated for just a moment before he howled for attention. He hoped someone would come, perhaps offering the help of medicine or merely shelter until the wound was healed and he could be on his way. The body of the animal lay still warm next to him, something of an offering, a payment for any help this pack might offer.
[html]
Word Count :: 500 Hey and welcome to Souls!! Nice to meecha >Big Grin And heads up, Alaki's grumpy to everyone it's nothing personal :3 If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm ^^

Nightmares had haunted his sleep, white screens and white visions of the past surrounding him and never letting him out of their ever tightening grip. Pulling free from the dream he had awoken chest heaving, gasping for breath, dark hands clenched so tight he'd almost split his hands open once more. Gingerly he unravelled his fists finger by finger, glancing down to where Alexander was sound asleep beside him. Steadying his breaths he made his way around his room, throwing on a pair of tattered jeans along with his usual miniature army of blades and the slipped out of his and the pale ones shared chamber, checking in briefly to his daughters rooms to see if they were still about before exiting into the tunnel system.

Picking his route carefully, the Angelo made quickly to the stables, attaching Hibiki's tack to the restless mare; although Aphrodite had been looking after her as of recently, it seemed the blue sabino wouldn't let his cousin ride her. Leading the mare outside he quickly mounted up, feeling the need to do something, to run his borders and confirm his packs safety whilst burning off excess energy at the same time. Pushing the mares sides, she stirred and reared up once before obeying and proceeding along the trail which he typically ran when doing border work; familiar repetition seemed like a logical solution to removing the emotions he felt from the dream, none of which were good or fond.

Running the borders had long since become a daily routine to him, something he did once, maybe twice a fay, keeping to the same set of trails and paths, so it wasn't all that surprising when the white crow soon crossed his path, flying over head. It wasn't that he'd intentionally forgot to bring Beyaz, but more like he wanted to be alone and the crow was too smart for it's own good at times. Sighing, he lowered Hibiki's speed, allowing himself, crow and horse to drift off to one of the nearby streams and rest. The storm coloured male lay down upon the dirt, arms folded beneath his head as a cushion, heavy lids closed as he rested on the borders of his pack and his own dreams.

Time passed as he idled away, listening to nothing more then Hibiki's breathing and movement. It could have been hours or minutes before the strange howl resided, but either way he hauled himself up and mounted Hibiki, keeping the mare to a brisk pace as he made his way over to where the summons had come from.

Soon the sight of a foreign male filled his vision, “You are upon Anathema's borders, what can we do for you stranger?” he asked as he dismounted the mare, hands wrapping around her reigns underneath her head to keep her in place. A flick of movement to the side informed him that Beyaz was nearby and had settled in a tree, the Albino crow keeping it's distance for once.

Wolf photo by incanus, textures by Wu-KillahD & AsunderStock

<style>
.KMTT_Alaki p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Alaki b {font-family:verdana; color:#aebccb; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Alaki {background-color:#181818; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#7d848c; line-height:12px; max-width:661px; min-width:31%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9899/aktab.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:436px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Alaki .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Alaki .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Malakai's howl echoed along the land, bouncing off heavy tree trunks and rocks, and pricking his keen ears, listened eagerly for any reply, but none were sent in answer. Perhaps he hadn't been heard. Immediatly, his chest bulked out a little and he snorted heavily at his own thoughts. Nonsense. He was Malakai, his call was the strongest amongst his Pack, it had always been that way. As the obvious disappointment flickered behind his feral gaze, remembering that he had no pack any longer, his head bowed a little. Licking at his powerful muzzle, his head turned to the animal he had dragged here, the large stag, and then to the painful wound upon his back flank. Twisting a little to lap at it somewhat, trying to give it the best chance of healing he could, eventually, he could wait no longer. The carcass had to be enjoyed while it still held it's warmth.

Moving with a heavy limp, a soft growl escaping every now and again as he put a little more weight onto his leg than he had intended, he approached the stag, and with a huff, lay down against it, his vice-like jaws snapping around it's throat as he had done in the first place to bring it down, and immediatly began chewing on the flesh there, gulping down large chunks of meat, tearing it apart with quick flicks of his jaws. Blood stained the black fur of his muzzle, not only the stags but his own, too, from his wound. Eventually, he became lost in the bloodlust, in the energy that filled him as he ate. Savouring every mouthful, he continued to feed, until one ear pricked with the sound of movement. A horse, it's hooves' rhythmic thumping against the ground clear as a bell. Growing louder, heading closer.

Malakai lifted himself from his meal, his tongue lolling as he lapped at his own face, to at least make himself look presentable, before his gaze locked on to the rider and his steed. Optime, he thought. Another snort escaped from him as he sat in a position he found as comfortable as possible, his wounded flank clearly visiable. From birth, Malakai had always preferred life in his Secui form and rarely did he shift into his Optime one, finding life easier to handle in forms more in keeping with that of his ancestors. He preferred the bulk, speed and power he had at his disposal in his Secui form and so maintained it as much as he was able to. As the other approached, declaring he was upon the borders of the Anathema Pack, Kai offered something of a nod, before jerking his head to indicate his wounded flank. "This stag I brought down, it's antlers caught me... Tore me up a little." It was clear Kai wasn't used to asking for help, and hated having to do so now, but needs must. "I know I am near your pack lands, and was wondering if... If maybe you had anything to help my wound heal? Bandages, medicine, magic, he didn't much care about the method, only the end result. The quicker the wound healed, the quicker he would feel less vulnerable. "With this on my side, I can't hunt, I can barely walk, I'd be dead within a week." His head jerked back towards the half-devoured stag. "If you are able to help, you are more than welcome to the rest of this animal." He spat the last word as if it tasted of venom - after all, it was this animal that had done this to him.
[html]
Word Count :: 469 If ya wish for him to stay as a member, just let Alaki know and we can go through with the joining ritual ^^

Forms meant little to the Angelo, for they were all an extension of himself; although optime allowed for riding and weaponry use of which he favoured and so he spent most of his time within the bi-pedal form, although he wasn't opposed to using his others or those who stuck to one of their given two legged forms. With his piece said he allowed time for the black male to say his piece and state his business, blue eyes flicking from the male's bloody leg when indicated over to the dead stag with little to no interest; this male wasn't of his pack, wasn't off his family and until the strangers stance changed he was of little importance to the Angelo. Whilst not one of his charges to look after, the scarred samurai wouldn't reject another’s plea for help, so long as it was reasonable and wouldn't cause him too much hassle. Turning his head he pinpointed the albino crow, raising his free hand he gesture for the bird to come closer, watching as the white pest obeyed and made it's way over to circle low above him, “Find Alex and bring him” he instructed the bird, before turning his attention back upon the black male.

Watching the bird disappear from sight he turned back to the black male, “I'm Alaki, Angelo of these lands. Co-lead alongside Naniko” the words were somewhat emotionless on the surface although that wasn't his intention, “We can provide you with some medical assistance and a bed for a few days if that's what you ask. In return, you respect our members and our laws, if you wish to stay longer then that you'll have to go through our joining ritual of Agares. Small blood sharing to make you family, nothing major or religious” grey shoulders rose and fell in a slight shrug.

Waving a hand over his shoulder to where the bird had disappeared off to he continued, “Sent him to get my...” the sentence fell dead, his mind trying to find a word to describe the pale male; his mate, his lover, his friend? None quite right but yet all unofficially true, “Alex. He knows basic first aid and will be able to patch it up to some degree for now, you'll have to ask our Corson Panda to have a look at it when she's free” he explained. “Think you can walk abit further? We reside within the caves and you can bring the rest of the stag with you, but I ain't carrying it, we're more then stocked without it so do not worry” sure, he may have a horse but Anathema wasn't exactly low on food supplies and it seemed like a pain to drag the strangers kill along when other, more accessible food could be more easily provided.

<style>
.KMTT_Alaki b {font-family:verdana; color:#aebccb; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Alaki {background-color:#181818; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#7d848c; line-height:12px; max-width:661px; min-width:31%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9899/aktab.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:436px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Alaki .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Alaki .ooc {text-align:RIGHT; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
OOC: Oh, I definately want him to become a member of Anathema, but at the moment, Malakai himself is trying to tell himself that he's fine without a pack. Silly male lol.

IC: Malakai regarded the creature before him, and knowing he was on the borders of his land, Kai knew he had to be respectful. After all, he was asking for help, as much as it pained his inflated sense of pride to do so. When Alaki lifted his hand to gesture to something unseen above, Kai lifted his head, letting his feral eyes search for the slightest movement overhead. That was when he spotted the bird above, but soon, it was gone, sent off on it's mission. Kai's gaze soon lowered back down to the other male, and his muzzle offered something of a smile as he heard the other's name - not too different from his own. Co-lead, this one. Kai bowed his head a little further before the Alpha as he thought of him now. The black male offered a slow nod of his head, agreeing to abide by the laws of his Pack, to respect it's other members. Kai would do so, especially if they were able to help him with this troublesome wound. "Thank you, I appreciate any assistance you can give me. A bed for a few days would be a great help, too. My name is Malakai."

As Alaki mentioned the stag, Kai threw another glance over his shoulder to the half-eaten animal, and hesitated. This was his kill. He had bled to bring down this animal, and there was something possessive inside him that told him not to simply leave it for the birds. He could manage the walk, just, but not hulking that carcass with him. And so, with a slow nod, his gaze returned to Alaki. "I have had my fill from the beast. If you don't require the meat, then I shall leave it for the vultures to pick from." Kai stood and stretched out his rear leg a little, feeling the sting of the wound, before he took a few limping steps over the border into Anathema territory. Instantly, something flared within him, something innate. This wasn't his land, he shouldn't be there. But looking to the Alpha male before him, Kai approached somewhat cautiously, his head bowed a little in submission, something Kai very rarely did. "Alright, I will follow you, Alaki." He hoped the horseman didn't simply gallop off too quickly, otherwise there would be no way of keeping up, not with his injury.
[html]
Word Count :: 524 Haha ^^ As mentioned in my post he can choose to live within the Howling Caverns, Thackary Village or make his own den elsewhere once he's joined up :3 Italic speak is said by Alexander ^^

A sharp nod of his response was all his reply, wishing to get more important matters attended to like getting the male's wound treated and settling the stranger in. With a gentle tug of Hibiki's reins, he lead the blue mare in a large circle so that she faced back into his territories, making a point to keep her away from the stranger knowing full well what the mare was like at times; he didn't envy Aphrodite for taking over grooming and general care duties of the temperamental horse and couldn't help but question his cousins sanity for agreeing to. Blue eyes flicked to the male briefly before he began to head back into familiar grounds, the scent, sounds and sight welcoming him and the strong feeling of safety and home enveloping him. “Malaki huh? Where your originate from, name don't sound from around these parts” his voice was clipped slightly, a clear sign of forced small talk that didn't come quite so naturally to the Angelo as it did to others.

The name of the dark one, Malakai was to some levels similar to his own nonsensical name that was cast whim-fully upon him by his adopted father, the storm coloured male was sure it wasn't of Japanese heritage much like the majority of his relatives names were, but a simply play upon the word 'unlucky'. Maybe Jay had been psychic, predicting the life the samurai would lead and giving him a suitable name, either way it was ironic how well it suited him. Looking ahead he picked out the trail that would lead them to the howling caverns, where many of the pack resided; although some chose to make dens elsewhere or patch up one of the relic houses in the village. “Up ahead is the caves; guess now would be a great time to point out we live underground. Not much different from living above in my opinion, although I do recommend sticking to the broader and more common tunnels so you don't get lost down in 'em if ever you wander” his lips twitched with silent humour; he was fairly sure every member at some point had gotten lost down the caves to some degree one time or another. “Guess if you're really opposed to it I can take ya down to the village once your leg is patched up” he added, not all that bothered either way where the male stayed; pack or guests, he always viewed things as an individuals choice of which they were entitled to, the only thing he ever asked was canines followed his and the white queens rules.

Gradually the terrain began to grow more uneven and rocky, the entrance to the maze of tunnels soon became visible along with the pale figure that was Alex, leant against the rocky wall to the side of the entrance, arms crossed over his chest and Beyaz sat upon his shoulder. Upon seeing the Angelo, the Seere pushed off from the wall, ice coloured eyes assessing the situation quickly, “Message by bird... original. What's the problem?” he asked, an easy smile spreading across the pale males lips.

<style>
.KMTT_Alaki i {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Alaki .inner2 {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
[/html]
[html]

- OOC: Thanks to Cait for my new table!

Malakai had never been much of a one for horses. Not so much to do with their size, but to him, they were not

pets, nor tools of work. To him, they were not much more than meat. A good meal to fill his belly. Inhaling

deeply, Kai gathered his strength and began to journey into Anathema pack lands, feeling his rear flank shudder

as the wound tightened with the movement. As he began walking alongside the rider and steed, his ears pricked

every now and again, aware of every sound and every movement. The further they got, the more exhausted he felt,

every step feeling like more of an effort. His feral gaze lifted as Alaki mentioned the caves and underground

living of his Pack. Malakai simply nodded. It didn't matter much to him whether they lived in caves or in

mountains. As long as there was shelter from the elements. However, when the male mentioned getting lost within

the maze of caves, Kai snorted a chuckle once more, but realized it must sound somewhat disrespectful and so

quickly covered himself. "My sense of direction is fairly accurate... I'm sure I'll manage down there

without a guide..."

As the land became a little more rough, Kai was unable to hide the aching in his leg, and his muzzle pulled

into something of a wince with every exaggerated step. However, eventually, they were met by another. Kai

heaved shallow breaths and keeping his head bowed a little, he slumped down to the ground in a sitting

position, remaining in his preferred Secui form."A stag caught my flank as I took him down... Damn

animal."
With a jerk of his head, he indicated to the wound. "Your Alpha... I mean... Co-lead... Alaki

here has been kind enough to offer assistance and allowed me onto the Pack's lands."

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 337Sorry about the delay; had work >.<

Releasing the mares reigns he mumbled a line of instructions to her, indicating that she should return to the stables and request sugar or something from Aphrodite; the incentive was given to annoy his cousin as much as it was to insure that the mare obeyed. Unlike his ability with crows, his understanding of a horses low speech was weak, but nevertheless Hibiki seemed to have understood the point he was attempting to make and obeyed all too gleefully, no doubt because of the prospect of food rather then a willingness to serve her owner. As the horse departed, Beyaz swapped from Alexander's shoulder to the storm coloured Angelo's, the crows claws pinching and digging into the male's flesh; it surprised him that the bird hadn't left him with an cicatrix yet.

Leaving from his position against the wall, padding over and crouching beside the male to have a quick look at his leg. “Hrmm, well. I can pour a load of alcohol over it and bandage you up so you look ridiculous; got nothing for the pain and stuff, dunno what Panda is doing or who else has medical know how so that'll have to do you for now” the Seere informed the black one, easing himself back up into a standing position he glanced towards the Angelo before turning his attention back to the black male. “Our chambers just down through the tunnel, not far. I can treat you there, if you think you can manage the distance?” ice eyes flicked to the cave entrance and back to the male. “Oh, and i'm Alexander. You would be?” the ghostly male attempted a reassuring smile, pitying the guy somewhat for being stuck with the Angelo's sole company for so long and having been made no doubt to walk the whole way to the caves with an injured leg.

“Calls himself Malakai.” he cut in quickly, instantly making his way towards the caves without glancing back to see if Alexander or Malaki were intending to follow him.

<style>
.KMTT_Alaki i {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 290 - OOC No Problem - Quick question... I have found the most beautiful, perfect line drawing on someone's DeviantART gallery, and am in the process of adding colour. Do I have to A) include some sort of credit to the original artist? - I'm assuming yes but I wanna check, and B) tell them I am using their artwork for use on this site? If yes to this one, how do I go about dropping them a message to see if they mind?

Malakai's feral gaze remained firmly locked on this other, this Alexander as he approached, and Kai turned his head to inspect the wound in the same way, before lifting his head hopefully. Perhaps a few stitches would suffice, but Kai would be grateful for any help he would be offered. As the Seere mentioned pouring alcohol over the injury, Kai nodded his head slowly, an ear flicking somewhat as he mentioned being wrapped with a bandage, making him look somewhat silly. He wasn't concerned with how his leg looked for a few days, more how well it healed. The other mentioned a name, Panda, that sparked Kai's interest. A medic, perhaps? Someone with healing knowledge by the sounds of it.

Opening his jaws to reply to the question of his name, he found the answer spoken for him by the one who had found him at the pack border, causing him to snort a little once more, as if saying that he could speak for himself, that it was his leg and not his voice that was wounded, but silenced himself quickly. After all, this other was the Alpha, and Kai knew better than to show disrespect. "Yes, I'll manage the distance... Thank you for your offer, Alexander. I will head down and await you there." Malakai bowed his head a little in thanks, before moving after the Alpha. He needed a guide to show him to the chamber he was heading to, after all. Keeping her head bowed as he limped, his Secui form making it a little easier to carry himself on three legs. As they walked, Kai glanced around at his new surroundings. "If you don't mind me asking, Alaki, how many members strong is your Pack?"

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>Thanks to Cait for the table, Sig by Me!
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 359 If it says in the description area underneath to link back and let them know you used it, you'll have to :3 That and it's generally nice to credit artists if you use their lineart ^^ Also, here's a map of Alaki's Room so you can get a gist for how it looks Big Grin

Alex shrugged; the offer of help wasn't so much as for the stranger, but because it was something Alaki expected of him. Despite his surface friendliness and smiles, the Seere was just as bad as mannered and twisted as the storm Angelo underneath; it was one of the reasons the two of them got along so well, both not bothering to hide their natures to each other. Maybe the way Alex behaved upon the surface made the Angelo's gruffness and lack of caring seem worse then it was, but whilst one made a point to deceive those around them with fake smiles, the samurai was honest with his nature to everyone for the most part.

Entering the dimly lit tunnels he heard the trailing foot steps of the two others, followed eventually by the black wolf's words. Continuing forward he considered how to respond, finding the question from someone who wasn't seeking to join but looking to stay a few days intrusive and somewhat suspicious. “We have fluid membership, each member is family, connected through the sharing of blood as I mentioned earlier. Many come and go as they see fit; typically we have between twenty five up to thirty three members I believe” he responded, upping their minimal total members by a few so that the information was more intimidating then the truth; although the truth was, most of the members were insane to some degree and not to be messed with, regardless of how many the pack had at any given moment.

Walking confidently he quickly made his way to the entrance of his and Alexander's chamber, pushing the door open and entering into the guest area; his workshop visible at the far end, light up by the burning fire, casting the cave with a flickering yellow-orange glow. Soon after he entered he heard Alex make his way in, progressing deeper into the cave to collect some medical stuff. Whilst the ghostly male gathered the stuff, the Angelo seated himself upon the couch, making sure that the stranger only entered the guest area and no further, for this was his and Alex's home, as well as his children's.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 401 - OOC Thats great, thanks for the help!!

Malakai caught the almost suspicious tone of Alaki's voice when he answered his question about his pack, and in his head ran many thoughts. Did this one think Kai was some sort of spy, sent by another pack to gather information on his members, his family, on the location of his dens? Kai suddenly felt a little uneasy about the rather innocent question he had asked, and so remained silent for the rest of the journey. When they moved along the tunnels, Kai let out a very light, pained snort with each step as he put a little weight on his injured leg, before reaching the Alpha's chamber.

Stepping inside, Kai's gaze moved over the guest area, glancing to the couch on their right, the table before them and the warm glow of the fire as it danced in the breeze at the far end of the chamber. However, his interest was soon taken more by the weapons mounted upon the wall. As the Alpha made himself comfortable, Kai stayed close to him so that he didn't think the intruder to be snooping around, but it was clear he seemed fascinated by the weapons he saw there. He had never been much of a one for blades himself. Why would he need to, when he carried a set of claws sharper than any blade, and jaws that could snap bone and rip apart muscle?

"These weapons you have here... Do you use them much, or are they simply for show?" His large head tilted back to look at Alaki with a curious look, but when he feared the male thought his questions to be again suspicious, Kai shook his head a little. He had to remember that he was a guest here. He usually had little need for politeness or submissive poses and so wasn't very practiced at them. "I apologise if you think I'm being... rude. I'm just... The pack I grew up in rarely shifted beyond our Secui forms, so we had little need for any weaponry. We just used the power, speed, agility and weapons we are already armed with. It made us good hunters. There's nothing quite like close quarters combat to release aggression..." The black wolf looked around again at the chamber, looking to the fire that burned within, waiting for the other to return with the medical supplies needed to take care of his leg.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 396 :3 Slight pp of alex pouring the liquid onto his leg

With the question, the scarred samurai’s face turned to the wall mount of which he displayed a Katana gifted to him from Aphrodite; to old and weak to be used in actual combat but a beautiful blade regardless. The lines and thin engravements near the blade collar were intricate and details, the red and black handle making the blade even more of a sight to behold; to say the least, he was a slight sucker for classic weapons, in particular blades. Below the Katan was it's sheath, black in colour decorated with black and gold towards the scabbard throat and the last thing on display were two small Tanto's. A slow grin began to spread across his maw, one that displayed his love of fighting along with the promise of violence, for only when in combat did he truly feel alive, obly when he forced another to submit before him did everything seem right. He was no fool and understood such feelings were nothing more then a form of blood-lust, sheer desire to kill anyone he deemed to be standing in his path, for lives were so easily taken away, so fragile.

“The ones on display, no. They are merely old relics that were gifted to me. Do I use Katanas in general, yes. Much more fun then typical combat” blue eyes light up, his words nothing but truth; he'd once limited him to that which was natural only to find a love for combat by wielding blades. “And it's not rude to inquire. Everyone was raised within their own circumstances and have their own life stories to tell. Heck, there's such a variety living here within Anathema that ya can't help but get used to nosy gits and questions” dark shoulders rose and fell in a small shrug, a hand reaching up to his face and pushing back his over grown bangs. With his response given Alex soon returned, dumping a bottle of some unnamed alcohol on the table along with bandages, “Gonna hurt like a git, but don't moan and lemme work” he instructed the male, picking up the bottle again he quickly moved around to the others side and poured the liquid out the black ones wound.

“So what are your plans once your legs sorted, Malakai” he asked in an attempt to distract the male to allow for Alex to work easily.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 362

Once more, Malakai let his eyes wander over the impliments of death, the tools of destruction and defeat that were so proudly displayedupon the wall of the chamber, and when the Alpha mentioned using katana's, Kai's head cocked to the side a little like a curious puppy. He was arrogant, yet, but he wasn't beyond understand that others didn't share the same way of life that he did. Glancing upto the katata he noticed, Kai assumed that it was displayed for a reason - sentimental value, more than likely.

The way he spoke about his pack made Kai smirk a little - it sounded like a fair mixture in this underground lair. Before he could mention it though, the other returned with a bottle and some bandages. At least he was keeping good on his word. Kai couldn't tell what the bottle contained, but by what the other had already told him, it was going to bring him agony in the short term, but help in the long term. As Alex moved around him, Kai inhaled deeply, steeling himself against the pain that he knew was to follow.

Squeezing his eyes shut tightly, the pain lanced through Malakai more sharply as when it had first been done. At least then, he had the adrenaline from the hunt to ease the agony. His head bowed, every muscle tensed and he bared his fangs as a growl rumbled through the chamber from his chest. He snorted like a wild animal, trying to mask the sting, but when he felt the worst of it was over, his head lifted a little, his eyes locking onto Alaki once more. "I don't really have any, to be honest. I... can't go home, to my own pack... So I guess I'll keep trying to survive out there on my own." His eyes moved over to Alex, watching him closely, his attention flickering between the one who spoke and the one who helped with his wound. "I always assumed my future had been set... I would become Alpha, I would take a mate, and I would be happy..." Kai bowed his head a little, memories stirring through his mind.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I've been given permission to PP Alaki and Alex for the rest of this thread. Let's get you accepted into the pack :3

The two often worked together with Aeron to think of new improvements for the pack, but she didn't normally seek the male out to talk one-on-one. Today she did so, wishing to speak with him and gather his thoughts about a new rank tier that one could go into without having very many defined skills. Perhaps a tier for those who didn't seem to fit into what already existed. She had a few names in mind for the ranks, but wanted to get his opinion before she took it on to Aeron.

The Angela wasn't expecting Alaki to be home, really, as she wandered past his den...and stopped to listen as voices echoed down the hall from its entrance. The voices became more clear as she came closer, poking her large white muzzle into the opening. Both familiar and unfamiliar scents wafted toward her nose and she inhaled, trying to place the unfamiliar canine's scent. "Hello? Alaki, are you home?" She wondered if he was busy, and took a few steps backward before she stopped to listen once more.

A shout from a nearby room gave her affirmation, and she entered the guest room that lay off to the side of his den's entrance. The shifted Angela stood tall in the doorway, watching what Alaki and Alex were doing with interest. She'd caught the tail end of the male's words, and noted the bandages that were being prepared by Alex. This newcomer had been injured, hm? "I'm Naniko D'Angelo, the Angela here. You're lucky Alaki let you in - his bite is much worse than his bark." She said, her jade eyes fixed on the newcomer. "You looking for a short stay to heal up, or something more permanent? Everyone here does their fair share." Even those who were injured could do something for the pack, the way she thought of it. They could get better and then provide her with their service.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 483 - OOC Hi, thanks for the welcome! I was made aware of a few errors in my previous posts so I will try to be more careful lol

As the sting of the alcohol flushed through his system, he did his best to bite back the snarls that built within him. However, when Malakai lifted his muzzle into the air, taking in a deep breath to calm his spiking heart rate, he caught another scent on the air that didn't belong to either male currently with him in the chamber. This scent was new, and the one thing he could tell was that it belonged to a female. Quickly, his attention faded from the pain at his flank and instead lingered on this approaching scent. His eyes turned to the enterence to the chamber, curious to the white muzzle that appeared there. When the white stranger stood in the doorway, Malakai tried to hide the fact that his feral gaze cast over her rather appreciatively. After all, she had called for Alaki, and so Kai assumed the female was his mate, making her the Alpha female of the pack. But Kai was male, after all...

As the female introduced herself, Malakai felt a slow, rather dark grin spread over his jaws despite the pain in his flank. She was a better distraction that the Angelo's questions, but again, reminding himself to be respectful. He was a stranger here amongst this pack, someone to be wary of simply because he was an unknown quantity. Looking to Naniko, Kai glanced to Alaki briefly, before addressing the female. "I am indeed lucky for Alaki's kindness. And whatever his reasons for letting me in, I am grateful for it, and for the help he has offered." Kai kept his whole body language as submissive as he could, now in the presence of three members of this pack, whose territory he was invading by his presence. "I had intended to ask for your hospitality for only a few days while I rested, allowing my leg to heal enough so that I might leave..." And then, the feeling of loss he had felt ever since he had been exiled from his own pack kicked in, swelling in his chest. Out there, he was alone. But here, he had the opportunity to be a part of something again, to feel like he belonged. In truth, he missed being part of a pack, of the brotherhood. Malakai heaved out a heavy sigh, his eyes sparking with someone new now. Hope.

His gaze shifted between the female and the male, before looking back to Naniko, his head cocked to the side a little. "Would you consider, perhaps, something a little more permenant?" Kai hated asking for help, hated admitting he needed any, but he had already done both to Alaki, and now came the opportunity to make something of himself again, to brush off his tainted past. He had killed his own brother, though. How could this pack accept him after that? How could they trust him around their members?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

No worries! Everyone starts somewhere Smile I can have her perform the ceremony in my next post if you agree ^^ Also, once you hit 20 IC posts you can PM one of us and pick a rank tier :] Your 20 posts begins at the start of this thread, so I'm sure it won't be long! Our rank information can be found here, on AT's website.

Anathema existed for canines that had nowhere else that they could go or nowhere else that they were welcomed. She believed it to be a safe haven, as they were such a large group that few other packs would think to bother them. Naniko was fairly isolationist as a leader, especially...she did not enjoy getting involved in the affairs of others unless they directly affected her pack. They were trying to make a life for themselves here however they could, not to fight or shatter relations with other packs for no real reason. Relations were good and could be beneficial at times, but they weren't infallible and sometimes had to be disrupted for the good of the pack.

She was also not as concerned about relations within the pack itself. Naniko, Alaki, and Aeron ruled with matching iron fists and were equally harsh when it came to rule breaking. The rules were explained to each member as many times as necessary, and were listed openly. All three leaders had many resources at their disposal, after all, to punish wrong-doers. Each other, the entire pack if necessary, and the pits. They needed more canines in the Tradition-Keeper tier, though, to keep watch over the pits and make them more a more usable territory.

So they were able to put a little trust into newcomers, with the knowledge that no newcomer alone would stand a chance against the numerous canines of Anathema and their bond as family. This male seemed pleasant enough, though injured. She saw no reason not to extend an offer of permanency, on the condition that he begin work for the pack once he was healed and feeling healthier. What was better for a lonely, broken soul than beginning to work for a real cause? "Canines like yourself are the lifeblood of this place. Members of Anathema are welcomed to come and go as they please, so long as they can still be trusted...but more must come to replace them and help to work toward the common goal that we all have"

She looked to Alaki, asking him a silent question with her eyes. Would this canine be an asset? He nodded, and Naniko looked back to Kai and continued. "We seek to provide a home to the lost, the wretched and unwanted luperci souls looking for a place to rest. That is...as long as they are willing to pledge their service to our cause and help the pack by using whatever skills they have at their disposal. So...yes, you would be welcomed." That would serve to help even more canines; Anathema had swelled to over thirty members at one point, and it could do so again. The jade-eyed Angela toyed with her braid, running her fingers down it and smoothing the hair there. "Would you join with us in blood, and become a true member of our family?"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 414 - OOC That sounds great! Yes, Malakai will accept the offer so feel free to perform the blood ceremony. I actually had a thought about his rank already, but I'll wait until I get the 20 posts before checking it's alright.

Hearing the female's words, about working towards the common goal, Kai nodded a little. All packs had a comman goal, it was something innate that held them together, an understanding that they would protect each other from any threat, that they would take care of each other when they needed it. However, as the female spoke of the wretched, the lost and the unwanted, Malakai let his eyes fall. Her words so perfectly described him, they pierced his very soul. He was all three. And he knew he would be better off here, with others around who could offer the same kind of help that were already doing should he need it again. Kai had been raised within a pack, had been so used to it's guidelines, it's confines, that living out in the world on his own had been against everything he had known. But his arrogance and stubborness had told him that he would be fine. He was a good hunter, after all, and he was strong. But he had not been fine. The wound on his flank proved that.

His eyes returned to the female, the Angela of this Pack, regarding her as she toyed with her braid. If he accepted her offer, he would be taken in, and he would have a home once more, somewhere to belong, but more than that, he would have others to belong to. After his banishment from his own pack, he had missed his family greatly, despite the fact that killing his own brother was the cause of his exile. Resentment still brewed in him for his now-dead brother - Kai had been jealous of Rafael since the moment they were born, and even after his death, it was because of Rafael that Malakai had no family to belong to, no pack. He could change that. here, now. They were willing to take him in, even though they had no idea what he had done. They were willing to take the risk on him, and so, with a deep breath, Kai nodded, willing to take the risk on them in return. "So this pack is a haven for the damned..." A statement rather than a question. It sounded like exactly the place he should be. His head bowed slowly, his eyes casting upon the floor before the female, showing her respect. "I accept your offer. Yes, I will join you." His great head lifted, his muzzle showing something of a smile. "It will be nice to have a family again..."

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Sure thing ^^ We're always open to questions, so whenever you want to ask is fine. Feel free to post as you will - I'll get Malakai titled up, now =D Nani could help show him around in this thread, help him find a den or something if you want. I'd love a new thread with you sometime soon, too, if you're interested.

They tried to make something of the canines that lived here, to give them a purpose in their life. Service to the cause was beneficial to everyone in that way, to those who came seeking a new life and to those who already resided within the Howling Caverns and other parts of the pack territory. Most chose to make their dens below ground, but she would not begrudge those who chose to live elsewhere in the territory. Not everyone was suited for cave life.

Without words, Naniko pulled the ceremonial dagger from its sheath, reaching out for his hand to make a small cut along one paw-pad. She did the same to her own, then reached to hold their two hands together. It was a simple and relatively pain-free initiation, one that every unrelated pack member had to go through to become one with the pack. Some were squeamish or didn't like blood, which she could understand..but the rite of passage had been a part of their culture since the pack's founding and was very important to them.

She released his hand, finally speaking. "Yes, and no. I like to think of Anathema as a new beginning, a place where the damned won't be judged for past actions. It's up to the individual to succeed here, as everyone is put on the same playing field when they join. You'll be put as a Zepar, our starting rank, until you prove that you'll be sticking around for good" One could do this by meeting fellow pack members, hunting or scouting for the pack, and keeping up with other regular duties. "Welcome to the family." She licked at her own cut as she spoke. "Can you walk? I can show you to the denning area, or a guest-den until you feel healthy enough to pick a real den to stay in"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 346 - OOC A new thread with you sounds great!! And yeah, Malakai would like to get himself settled as soon as he can hehe

As soon as he agreed to join the pack, Malakai lifted his gaze to settle upon his new Alpha female, the Angela, raising his muzzle a little into the air as if sniffing it, his nostrils flaring just a touch. His attention then drifted back over towards Alaki, the Angelo. Kai wondered if they were a mated pair, the Alpha's. Kai was a typical male in many respects, and returning his gaze back to Naniko, he let his eyes drift over her rather appreciatively. He saw a blade emerge, the edge razor-sharp, by the looks of it. As she reached for Kai's paw, he lifted it, offering it to her, watching with interest as she made the cut across his paw before doing the same to her own. When their paws pressed together, his feral eyes once more lifted to watch the female. And that was it. He was a member of the Anathema pack.

Glancing down at the small amount of blood that appeared from the small cut, he lapped at it as his Alpha did. It felt good to think such a thing. That he had an Alpha again, except he had to remember to refer to her as Angela, and Alaki as Angelo. Hearing her welcome, his head bowed once more. "Thank you. So.. what do I have to call you...? Alpha? Angela?" His head cocked to the side a little, almost forgetting about the wound to his flank. It had been seen to for now, and so standing on all-fours, keeping to his Secui form, Kai stretched out a little, wincing with a deep growl as he felt the injury now, but it definately seemed in better condition that when he had arrived. "I can walk. It hurts a little less now, thanks to your help." He glanced back to the males and nodded his head slowly in gratitude. Looking back to the female, Malakai nodded once more. "If you would show me where I can sleep, I would appreciate it." Limping a little towards Naniko, Kai was ready to follow her.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Okay Smile Do you want to start it, or should I?

Naniko knew that adjusting to pack life after being a loner was not an easy task. She'd had to do the same thing herself quite a few times in her younger years, most recently when she had come back from New Brunswick to form Anathema. Many things had happened since then, the pack growing large and always changing. Even as this newcomer was being accepted, changes were being made in the pack's ranks and structure to allow for more personal freedom and choice of duty. She would come back later to speak with Alaki on these things, once he was free

The idea of her and Alaki together would have made her laugh, if he'd have voiced his thoughts. She had never really asked, but had always assumed that the male preferred men. Naniko was versatile in sexuality as well and held no ill will over Alaki's preferences; love was love to her, whether it was with someone of one's own gender or the opposite. At Malakai's question, she shrugged. "Angela is fine...or just Naniko."

The two males nodded and waved them away as Naniko turned to leave, padding out into the main hallway and turning to her left. "It's easy enough to tell an occupied den from an unoccupied one. A few have various items left behind from their previous owners inside...some decor, or furs can be found in most of them as well." Things that she gave every new arrival upon their initiation into the pack. She began to walk down that hall, checking to be sure that he was following. "It might seem like a maze now, but you'll find your way before long." She pointed to several unoccupied dens, standing to wait next to them. "Here are a few you could look at"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]