between Here and Gone
[html]
Anu Sheah
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 4Apr02
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperciv
4. Gender: Female
5. Your e-mail: Allison.Fitzgerald@crl.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): itza allifitz
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Been here before!
8. If joining OOCly, 3 examples of Role Play: IC join please!

Hello, I haven’t written anything in quite some time. Please forgive me if its not so pleasant to read.. I also wanted sunshine!

Enjoy it while its lasts. The thought ran through her mind quickly, suddenly disappearing as she suppressed the cynical side she hated. The sun hung high in the blue air, gray and white clouds cradled it but never seemed to touch its surface. Its light had destroyed the haze that had clung to the small wolf’s wet fur, and now the humidity and rain was nothing but a fading memory.

Anu’s blue eyes squinted against the blaze as she took in her surroundings. It was unfamiliar, as unfamiliar as the past hundred miles she had walked. Though it may have not truly been a hundred, it felt as if the female had been walking her entire life. As if there had been nothing before the wandering had begun, Anu generally took on each step one at a time while looking for noting in particular.

She was a petite wolf, smaller then many other females with a sandy grey motley coat. A darker back faded into a cream and soft underside, while she stood on her two hind paws stretching her tired muscles. Four paws were easier during travel, but after a small debate her lazy side won her a small break, and for this two worked just fine.

It was nice to change, the twisted muscle felt faintly foreign and took only a moment to finally become her body once again. A shaggy mane fall against her back and shoulders, three fingers fought the tangles to get it smooth. After battling the summer elements she was happy to take a small break under a nicely shaded tree.

Slowing to a stop her hand shaped paw touched the gnarled ark of the tree. She chose the largest against the wide trail she walked. It was easy going, and a smart pick for such an avid traveler. Anu fell softly to the ground, picking at the damp grass and sitting among the giant tree’s roots.

How could she have been so blind? The scents and sights that should have slapped her in the face yards behind suddenly kicked her in the rump. Muscles tensed and she fought anxiety that rushed through her blood. But her mind fought to convince her there would be no reason to fear pack lands. On the outskirts of a territory, how could she be seen as a threat?

Deciding that with her polite demeanor and non-threatening appearance all would be well. Strong arms stretched above her, claws digging into the soft aged bark and drew her upward. In a moment she sat on the low branch of the tree, shaking rain drop from green leaves and trying to relax and enjoy her break most likely never to be found in the pack land. The odds told her that her short rest would be uninterrupted and she would be able to move along and continue her fruitless journey. And a small piece of her hoped she would be wrong, and that she could rest for a much longer time.

[/html]
[html]

OMG SQUEEE

[Image: header.jpg]

Hel had taken her role as leader very seriously. The routine she had built in herself, the watches she took, the training, exercise, the skills she hones, she could not simply discard them as ridiculous and silly now that she was in a pack. She was leader, part of the Council, with Deuce and Iskata and she was chief guardian of their packlands. She and Styx and their little home was what she had been looking for, though she could not openly say that. Afterall, that was a sign of utter weakness, only a fool would believe that all was well here. She had not found Connor, in fact she had found little else except another pack, Esper Hollow.

The night had been rainy and now the ground was moist and cool under her paws as she walked the borders. Hel didn't quite know how she fit in here. She was a fighter, that much was clear, but she was also Styx's mate and that role sounded strange when it not him she ruled with, but two other females. Slowly, she shook her head, strands of hair escaping her ponytail and falling on her muzzle. She drew in a deep breath and froze. Unfamiliar scents rushed in and she tensed, her upper lip raised to expose her fangs. Intruders again? Her pace quickened, her nose constantly sniffing for this stranger. Soon, she halted at the base of a tree, looking up in bewilderment. Her cloak, muddy at the hem from running, and her hand on her knife made her look even more of a force than she was. But her eyes, wide in wonder and bewilderment, spoke of surprise. This female, for she smelled of female, was so small, so weak, so lost, Hel's paw moved away from the knife. She knew in her head that she was being irrational, innocence and lack of strength were not related, but... Can I help you? Her voice was calm, cool, not betraying the confusion she felt inside.

[/html]
[html]

Hello! Thanks for the reply!!! Let me know at any time if you would like this to speed up... : )

The warm air felt good on her upturned face, nose toward the sun and ears being teased by damp leaves. This was her type of day, fresh with rain and heavy with growth and plant life. If only she found flowers. The colorful buds always captured her heart, and gardens from her distant past flouted through her mind. Daydreams were cast aside quickly though when she noticed the approach of the strange wolf.

Of course it was someone she had never seen before, being so new in such a large land. And at first it was as if she would bring hostility to Anu’s peaceful atmosphere, but calm quickly radiated between the two. Anu wasn’t one for hostility, more nonchalant then anything else. How could someone be passionate and even care when they had nothing to loose anyways?

She let her eyes wander, scanning the wolf that stood at the base of the tree. A knife, and cloak? She felt a sense on confusion bloom in her center, not understanding the use of such items. Did her fur not keep her warm, or her teeth and claws protect her? All of Anu’s worked quite well and she could not remember a wolf that had such a malfunction.

But, with further examination she found no reason to believe that the female was inadequate. It was quite the opposite. The black wolf was large, larger then Anu, though not a hard feat and was strong, muscular and moved with a graceful ease that Anu envied. Her ice blue eyes almost matched Anu’s own, but held a more intense and extreme look. She was obviously on her toes, ready to confront the intruder her nose no doubt told her she would find.

Once Anu had decided that the stranger would not use the weapon on her, she smiled, happy to see a new face. It seemed like so long since she had seen another wolf, another were in fact. It was nice to be assured that she was not alone, a concern she always had but was not aware of till she saw the dark female.

Her question hung in the air for more then a moment as Anu collected herself. Trying the find the right words in order to not upset the one with the knife. “Umm… “ her voice soft at first, thinking aloud. “Maybe, I guess.” Did she need help? Anu didn’t truly know the answer. She felt alright, fed and happy. But she did hold that small need that all, well most (it was wrong to generalize), had. Socialization and belonging was something she once lived and breathed.

“What land is this?” it was a general question that might help her determine if this one could help her or not.

[/html]
[html]

Um...sure. Except it's gone midnight for me (I'm +9 from PST), so I can't reply until tomorrow. If that's okay with you. We'll exchange a few more replies before she's accepted, unless you want to be accepted now?

Hel cocked her head to the side and pondered. This land, this pack, that she shared with the others, this was her home now. She had the power to choose who shared it with her. Of course, any decision to turn away wolves would need to be put to the Council and she doubted that Deuce and Iskata would just let her reject members like that. They would never grow as a pack if they did. Phoenix Valley. The name rang strange in her mouth, as if she should have said Asgard and confused herself. My name is Hel, I am part of the Council that leads the pack. If you'll come down form there, I can explain it to you. And don't be frightened, I will not harm you. In Asgard, she would be bound and taken before her mother and father to explain themselves. They would be lucky to escape unscathed. Otherwise they would be killed or maimed, testimony to the elite wolves of the Asgard, blessed by the gods themselves.

This, however, was not Asgard. It was a different land, a different pack. She had different rules to follow. Indeed, to put the female at ease, Hel stepped back and waited for her. She thought again of how she seemed to have changed. She would need to ask Styx if he had noticed something. Perhaps she was taxing her body too much? But no, she was a warrior, discipline and rigour were second nature to her. Tell me your name, stranger, so that I know what I should call you. Hel smiled at the female, but it was one of her trade smiles, for she could not afford to be too friendly. If she did indeed want to join the pack, she would have to give Hel a little more. Where she came from, if she had family, and what skills she possessed. And if the two were unsuited... well, she would simply go on her way. This was not Asgard. Mentally, Hel steadied herself. She had been brought up to expect a lot of things in others and only her meeting Styx and taking him as mate had changed this view slightly. But she was Loki's daughter and would always be that way.

[/html]
[html]

OH NO, your fine! I’m the slower, let things develop kind… 0 pressure Wink

It was time to leave the tree, as Hel suggested. Anu hopped to the ground silently and with little effort, happy to comply. If she was good at one thing it was tree climbing. Her lightweight and agile body made her as comfortable as a lark on any bough. She stood a bit more comfortable now that the strange wolf moved backward, her closed mouth smile never leaving her face.

There was a great chance that Anu was older then this female in front of her, and she indeed had experience different territories and moving from pack to pack. But she refused to bring memories back that meant nothing now. Hel would care little to know what packs she had allied with, ranks she had held or nonsense of the like. This was of course if she could remember them. It had been to long, and age matter none when she was the trespasser.

“I’m Anu Sheah.” She spoke as she sat on the ground, placing her hand on the grass beside her, motioning Hel to sit. The black wolfess looked tense, and obviously needed a break. It of course was what Anu was doing when she interrupted.

There was a good chance that they could be friends, if not pack mates… the small voice in the back of her mind sang softly. And now that they were no longer strangers, Anu breathed easy. “Tell me of your pack and of yourself Hel.” She paused only a split moment, before interrupting. This was supposed to be her inquisition, not Hel’s. How rude.

“There is little to know of me. Some think travel gives one a sense of the world. They are all misled... Now does everyone carry a weapon here? Is it a dangerous place?” quickly changing the subject. It certainly must be if such a powerful looking female must carry a blade at her side. Anu was a pacifist, and believed that a bouquet of flowers could solve any disagreement.

[/html]
[html]

I'm the slow one, trust me. I tend to take forever to reply on threads.

She seemed quite graceful, her mind noted mecanically. That would be good to have in a fight and if she could climb trees there would be an element of surprise and great advantage in patrol. She had to admit to herself, this was how her father would have liked to see her. Leading a pack, greeting members, silently evaluation their potential. Hel noted the small gesture and decided that she would welcome the woman less formally. She was older than Hel, that much was clear, and she seemed to have been quite a traveller. Experience. That would benefit Phoenix Valley. Welcome, Anu.

That was exactly what she didn't want. She wanted to speak about the pack, not herself. Here, yes, she was Warrior, but that also meant that she had been nearly stripped of her title as merchant, her little hidey hole. Well, those in Esper Hollow seemed to have bought it quite well, for what that was worth. As for her weapons... I come from Europe. I am a merchant and my mate, Styx, who is here with me, is a tattoo and piercing artist. I have been carrying weapons for my own protection. I do not know how much you know of Europe, but it can be savage sometimes. The pack... here, we are like family. I am part of a Council, as the Warrior, for they see me as strong enough to lead. She smiled sheepishly, as if to say that the rumours were untrue. She was just a merchant, really. Iskata is our Matriach and Deuce our Shaman and healer. If you want to join us, you will start at the Loas rank, the rank all newcomers start at. In time, you may choose the path you wish to follow. As a family, we acknowledge the uniqueness of our members. You may choose to be a hunter, or you can be a protector, or indeed an ambassador for the pack. But that comes in time. We do quite a few things here, including breeding cattle. How familiar are you with these things? Hel relaxed slightly, though her mind was still alert, judging Anu's potential with every passing second.
[/html]
[html]

oh, your just wonderful!

Her smile brightened as Hel sat, showing her ease around Anu. There was no need to worry that she might be stalking about looking for mischief, Hel would have no need to use her knife, and Anu would have no need to run screaming.

With that knowledge Anu casually leaned backward on her to hands, taking in the words her friend spoke. It sounded as if this pack was well formed and structured. No power-hungry tyrant that ruled beyond all reason. It sounded so appealing.

But what of this dangerous Europe? Even one so traveled as Anu had not been able to truly understand what this place was. Hel spoke of it so nonchalantly that Anu was hesitant to ask of it. She knew of course that it was far from were she roamed, keeping such hostile folk at a distance.

“Is your whole pack from this Europe?” now she was curious and wanted to know if all of them acted as she did, so differently then Anu.

Cattle were not foreign to her, and she had found that they flourished in places with low wolf populations. They were slow and large, easy prey for those that could over power them or for a large group. Anu had kept her distance, some sporting large sharp horns.

“I know of cattle. Though I have only corralled flowers and plants, I have a fairly green thumb. I hunt just fine too, I’m pretty fast.” It was true, she could out run many in any form she took. “How open is your council to newcomers?” it was an innocent question…

[/html]
[html]

Aww...thanks! I'll get you titled up, shall I? And we can keep on posting! Welcome to PV Big Grin

Hel found this little bonding time strange. Used to asking the questions and artfully dodging anything that came her way, she found it unbelievably unusual to sit down and try to be as honest as possible. In truth, the only one she was ever truly honest with was Styx. No, that was a lie. She was partially honest with him too, a truth that hurt, a fact that made her sad sometimes, for she knew, in her heart, that he was the one for her. But she feared that to show that weakness, to allow him to glimpse that pain, would be too much for her. It would destroy her entirely. So she preferred the easy way out, simply staying quiet about some topics, no matter how they ate at her.

Anu spoke again and Hel snapped back to attention. She thought about it for a while. No, except for her and Styx... I don't think so, no. It is just me and my mate who come from Europe. But you wouldn't be the first traveller in our pack. We have another. She thought of Asmodai, of the mystery he presented to her. A vagabond with a honed body like his? It was possible, of course, in all likelihood it was the truth, but something nagged her, a tiny voice whispering that he was as much a vagabond as she was a merchant. However, she had no proof, except her assumptions. Green thumb? That might come in handy. I'm sure you could assist our Shaman in gathering herbs? As for newcomers, if you are interested in joining and accept the structure and rules, as well as the rank of Loas, then I'm more than happy to show you around. In Asgard, she would not see the packlands so quickly. But here, again, Hel had to compromise. The woman seemed to pose no threat as of yet and she would be a fool to try and attack her, especially in her own pack. If your hunting skills are as good as you say, we could always hunt together. As Warrior, part of my duties imply looking for potential candidates for our higher ranks. If you stay with us, I am sure you would be a worthy candidate.

Hel knew about bragging. If Anu was just saying things to get on her good side, in time they would show. In her cynicism, she reckoned that if Anu were a liar, she wouldn't stay long enough in the lands anyway. If she was honest and truly as talented as she claimed, then Phoenix Valley were sure to gain a valuable member.

[/html]

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]

thank you!!!

It all seemed to appealing. The family atmosphere that Hel was offering, the gardening potential, this large tree she had become attached to. Why did she want to keep moving, traveling, even running from things she couldn’t remember and obviously trying hard not to. She wished that the small voice that spoke to her earlier was louder now, telling her that what she wanted was laid right out in front of her.

Then again, it wasn't hard to convince herself...

If it was a dangerous place, where one needed to be protected, why not seek it from a pack? Anu would determine in due time how she felt of this new world, and if she felt safe in it, but it was time to stop and rest for more then a mere moment. As a Phoenix Valley wolfess she would be able to explore with the security this family would provide, and I turn she could be worth something to someone.

She would take any rank given, more interested in finding where she fit in this new pack then her stature in it. There was a sudden rise of excitement that bubbled in her chest. “I would love to pick herbs.” It was all she could think of at the moment, her mind getting slightly flustered. She collected herself before being a little more diplomatic, “And, I would love to join your family, and contribute where I can.”

She was not yet sure if she would be hunting along side the Warrior of her new pack. It was a tad intimidating and her hunting skills kept her fed, nothing really more. But she wanted to see the cows, and where and how they were housed.

“So a tour?” She jumped up excitedly, waiting for Hel to show her the way.

[/html]