The Way of Fang and Claw
[html]
OOC / +486

It was that time of year once again and the fur was flying. It scattered to the wind in tight clumps at the beating of the behemoth’s paws. He’d paused in his duties to rid himself of the clinging irritation. Grouchy as ever he turned his fangs on his back, biting and tearing away the bits of white fluff that still clung to him as the clime warmed. His arctic pelt, though a blessing in the winter months, was a terribly difficult thing to be rid of, causing the male to look far more disheveled than normal. His bulk was somewhat lessened as the fur melted away, making him appear slimmer, though he still remained taller and more well-muscled than the rest of his pack. If it did anything it emphasized his muscle more, revealing a belly trimmer than one would expect. He was not undernourished, but frequent exertion and a fast metabolism quickly melted all fat away. He’d found his duties in New Dawn were not without benefit, he could run faster every day, and was even developing a sort of grace that one would not suspect in a creature so big.

He’d ventured into the forest called Glen Eerie to the north and west of the communal den. Now that the snows had melted and spring had sprung the virgin forest promised prey of all varieties. Deer lake, in particular, always seemed to live up to its name. Tracks from various walks of life littered its muddy shores, deer not the least of which. He found traces of weasels and rabbits, elk, and even a moose. The moose tracks sparked his interest a moment before his keen nose found the trail cold. To his distaste he also found a set of prints from a porcupine, and a family of skunks. He wrinkled his nose at the pair. He’d been quilled before, and he wasn’t intent on it happening again. With a dismissive snort he turned tail from the waters edge and headed further into the trees. A set of deer prints were headed in that direction and the bi-colored wolf followed the trail with his nose to the ground.

He proceeded slowly, and with extreme caution. The greenery around him would do nothing as far as camouflage and he was hopelessly exposed. A twig snapped a distance off and the male stopped altogether. He held his breath and sunk lower to the ground, ears perked ever forward. Moments later he began the pursuit anew, creeping carefully forwards, where the scent was strongest. His yellow eyes found movement amidst the trees. A young buck was rubbing his newly sprouted rack against the trunk of a tree, far too occupied to spot the predator stalking him from the underbrush. When he was as close as he dared he sprung from cover and gave chase. The buck spooked and predator and prey sprinted further into the forest.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+

Palaydrian was feeling lively and upbeat again. Her wrist had healed nicely, and the fur on her right leg was already growing over the pink remnants of the aggressive rope burn. Thankfully it wouldn’t scar. She blamed her clumsiness of walking into a rabbit trap on heat. The awful changes in her body seemed to dull all her senses and make her focus on just one thing. One very embarrassing act that she couldn’t even fathom happening to her, but now she was heat free and clear minded. She’d put her blunder behind her and start fresh.

Doing so, found the young femme deep within the wash of green that was called Glen Eerie. Feeling rested and energetic, Drin was excited to get back on her hunting paws again. She wasn’t used to having others catch her meals, but for the past week or so, thats what was happening while she was on the mend. Today, the wolf moved with feline grace in the underbrush, the scent of a young buck tantalizing her nares and turning up her senses. She’d been tracking this particular herbivore for a bit in the early afternoon, as the cocky buck had been spraying his territory in hopes of getting a doe to linger around longer.

The tawny gold fae followed the fresh urine trail with excitement, her appetite only increasing as the pungent odor grew stronger. A twig perhaps a few yards away from her snapped. Drin slowed her approach and immediately lowered her body to the forest floor, continuing to creep further as her coat blended with the dappled splashes of sunlight throughout the woods. She could almost taste first blood in her mouth now, focus becoming razor sharp. Bicolored eyes gazed out from her hiding spot in the ferns to finally drink in the sight of her quarry. A satisfied smile played on the young wolf’s lips, he will do just fine, she thought as the buck rubbed the fresh antler skin raw against a tree.

She’d have to get a little bit closer as she was about 50 yards from the deer, but suddenly the buck spooked and started running. Did he smell me? She thought, but had no time to ponder the question as the speeding buck was quickly bearing down on her hiding spot. She propelled herself out of the ferns and up towards the male’s neck when she noticed the white mass hot on the deer’s trail. The surprise of seeing another wolf tracking her prey distracted her in mid air. She was robbed from getting any good purchase on the buck as it bounded forward and rammed her squarely in the chest as he blew past. She landed in a huff, the air temporarily knocked out of her lungs. A growl brought on by pure hunger rumbled in her throat as she slowly picked herself off the ground.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +316

His paws rained down hard upon the earth, he’d had the advantage, the element of surprise and as he was about to close on his prey another scent caught in his nostrils. It was fresh, and only a few yards away, but he snorted it off. The buck begged his full attention and he would not disappoint. Just as the flank rose up to meet him the buck slowed, and changed direction, as if shirking off an obstacle. By the time the bi-colored behemoth caught sight of the cream wolfess it was too late. He’d tried to stop, gripping the earth so fiercely his claws tore rivets in the ground, but he collided into her regardless. He felt his paws come out from under him and he was sprawling up and over the female. It all happened so fast by the time his body finally came to a halt his head was still reeling. He lay sprawled on the ground, taking it all in. When he regained some semblance of composure he gave his head a hard shake, and worked on regaining his feet.

The creamy colored female was not forgotten and as soon as the male found his bearings he advanced upon her. Who the hell are you and what do you think you’re doing? He snarled. Never one to forget himself the wolf rose his tail and ears up in dominance. It mattered little that he had not seen this she-wolf before, he knew the pack well enough, if not by name, but by appearance, to know that she was lower ranking than he. Most were, after all. He hadn’t truly meant to be so aggressive, but the hunt was fresh on his mind. He turned his head with the thought, despairing as he watched his prey dissolve into the horizon. His fierce yellow gaze returned to her with greater intensity then, demanding answers.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 2+

The lack of oxygen had the young wolf blinking back spots of black as she tried vainly to keep on her paws. Palaydrian hunkered down to the ground, not by choice, but the deer and the white wolf had really laid into her. Tawny femme panted heavily trying to suck in as much air as possible before her world came back into clarity. Yet as soon as she was able to shake off the double collision, Drin shakely rose off the ground to a snarl tearing into her ears. The wolfess was immediately on guard and bared her fangs in agitation. “I should ask you the same thing!” She spat, hackles rising in defense, but instinct told her to take a step back and assess the situation.

Another deep breath gave her the information that she needed as the fierce gaze of her bi colored ocean eyes softened and her lips drew over her fangs. This was a fellow pack wolf but more importantly, a wolf that outranked her. Drin immediately lowered her gaze and bristling stance with a submissive whine. She tentatively licked at the wolf’s chin in apology before speaking again. “Please forgive my insubordination. My name is Palaydrian Soul, newest to arrive in New Dawn.” Hopefully her freshness would be forgiven as she had yet to meet the rest of the wolves in her pack and was simply on guard due to all the stories she had heard of fellow wolves attacking other canines.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +314

The large male towered over her, his yellow eyes burning into her form with a sort of suppressed rage. His breathing was rapid and he looked near as winded as she. His hackles rose immediately as she snarled back at him and he tensed, ready correct her bodily if need be. His fangs glinted like pale daggers, not yet tarnished by age. For all his bluster and gruffness he was still a young wolf, not yet two, but he’d lived much in those two short years, more than most twice his age. He knew how cruel the world could be, and those scars would remain with him forever. But he had also accomplished much, especially since joining New Dawn. He had become an Epsilon rather quickly, and retained that title, he’d recently found a mate, defended his pack from threats both great and small. The cream female’s insubordinately incensed him greatly, and he rose his tail even higher.

He was spared the effort of retorting back when the female grew aware of her fault and lowered herself. A whine tugged at his ears and he perked them ever forward as her tongue caressed his chin. He let his breath huff out of him, exhaling the tension from his limbs, and allowed his fur and body to relax some, though his yellow eyes continued to regard her warily. Good to see you came to your senses, although I’d rather it not have been at the expense of what looked to be a very good meal. He was still upset about the buck, and it showed in body and voice. She introduced herself and he was forced to grunt a reply Augustus, he said with the slightest inclination of his head. I’m the Epsilon here, it’s my job to hunt for the pack…but seeing as my prey has escaped, I guess we won’t be eating tonight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 6+

The golden girl was still out of breath from having over 100lbs of pure muscle ram into her, but her bearings were coming back fast. Her stance continued to relax into submission as her senses picked up the waning aggression wafting off the alabaster male. She was silently cursing her insolence and knew if she had reacted this way in her homelands, she would’ve been punished mercilessly and put into the lowly rank of Omega to learn her lesson, but thankfully New Dawn proved to be a little more lax in the ways of the true wild. She had been an obedient subord after all and had been above subservient to her better. Drin didn’t need to be told where her place was, she was still getting a feel for her new family and was aware it would take some time, or at least for her skills to be witnessed in order to climb the hierarchy here.

Rising above subord was almost an impossibility in the fae’s mind. For in her old lands, her mother and brothers wouldn’t dare try to compete with their pack mates or even dream of ascending above. Their place was ranked with the old or invalid, simply because Luperci coursed through their veins. It wasn’t something the young Soul came to resent, it had actually been her norm. The ocean eyed girl had never imagined setting her sights on anything above her family’s lowly rank, submission was simply her second nature. Yet the girl knew things were different here. She knew Luperci was truly a gift for some, and her blood was not offensive to her pack. Here she was on an equal playing field with her pack mates. Here, the dreamer could seek an actually pack task.

A gruff voice cut into her daydream. Her eyes slowly looked up into the male’s stern yellow. I hadn’t meant that to happen, she thought to herself, in complete disagreement to his tone, but she remained docile and submissive. The man spoke his name and Drin slightly stiffened. I know this name. Her mind raced back to her fun afternoon with Terra. Thought the coywolf did not expand on what took place between the two, Drin was immediately on guard. She was a strong believer of loyalty and it sounded like her pack brother had betrayed the red coated coy. Yet, the subord knew this was not the time nor the place to pepper the Epsilon with questions. She would not fight the Cour des Miracles member’s battle...it simply was not her place.

I’m not too sure about that, she said softly. Surely you and I could bring down something even larger for the pack? She lightly suggested. You hardly know me, but I have had exceptional training in hunting and tracking back in my homelands, Drin explained now averting her eyes. ...and my teacher felt I was something of a prodigy, she kept this part to herself, not wanting to sound like she was bragging to the higher ranked wolf. If I’m not so bold, I believe with our skills combined, our pack brothers and sisters would not want for more. The young wolf waited with baited breath. Augustus did not seem to be the warmest of characters, but she would give her brother the benefit of the doubt. In his eyes, she had just ruined his hunt, of course he was disgruntled and a bit miffed. She could say the same thing about him, but that would just as soon get her run off the packlands. The two could work together and multiply their bounty.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Sorry for the wait, hope this makes up for it. And Auggie's an ass, but a good one, just takes some time to get him to warm up, xP / +682

What took place between Terra and Augustus was something that haunted him to this day. It showed him just how much like his father he had become, which both frightened, and angered him. He, however, felt just as betrayed as she. If she would have heeded his warnings to stay away, she would not have found herself within the borders, ravaged by a cougar. A cougar which he had to dispatch, at great cost to himself. Did he wish to kill Terra? Yes. He would not deny it, in fact he had even admitted his intentions to Shandom. She had trespassed, she broke the law, never mind her delirium. He had warned her, and she had refused to hear him. It was as much her fault as his, a conflict of interest. He was doing his duty, to his pack, to his home. These eastern canines, however, would not see it as such. They were softer, in head, and heart; so he believed.

That battle with the cougar was a fierce one, and despite the fact that he was not injured his mate had been. He remembered shouldering her stumbling form all the way to the den entrance. She was weary, her cracked ribs piercing her insides with every breath. She had been so courageous, unyielding to the agony she felt, just so he would not think her weak. She held on so long, so fiercely it was all he could do but to suggest for Zalen to promote her, and to take her to mate.

He would never forget that day where she was able to meet his gaze as an equal. The air was thick with electricity and he shuddered as brown and gold eyes met in a stare that would change everything. It pained him to think his golden girl, childlike in her enthusiasm, was now haggard and gaunt, and reeking of heat-scent. And he was the culprit. His anger at the conflict with Zalen and Titania, though well founded, had driven her to starvation. This was partly the reason he was chasing after such hardy prey, to force its flesh down her throat. But now his prospects were ruined, by an ironically similarly colored female.

He stared her down fiercely, even daring to show a single fang as her eyes regarded his. It wasn’t just a question of insubordination, he also did not like others gazing at his scars. A low growl rumbled a warning in his throat. He had been lenient the first time, but as he lowered his head to align with his spine he non-verbally cautioned her that he would not be so merciful again, she would avert her eyes or face the consequences. His tail followed suit, beginning to arch slightly over his back.

He was stricter than his similarly higher-ranking others, they were too lax, too lenient, but Augustus was a wolf of the cruel arctic north, and a non-Luperci to top it off. Some may even see him as a heathen, far too feral for this more civilized age, but for him, it was simply the way he was raised. His black rimmed ears remained perked and as she spoke he listened, though gave her a few moments time to respond to his unvoiced command. Whether because of his actions or some other reason of her own her eyes finally turned away. He could not turn down her offer, and his head finally lifted and turned towards the tracks from before.

Giving a grunt of approval the behemoth began to relax again. There are moose tracks, he started in his gravelly voice. But the scent has gone cold, although the tracks…there may be more. He was like a storm, raging one moment, calm the next, and his countenance was now contemplative, calculating. It had rained a couple days past and the earth was still moist. The tracks were fresh enough to form a trail, perhaps along that trail they may find hair or scent. It was worth a try, and the prize would mean plenty of food for his brothers and sisters.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: Haha aww and no worries!

Augustus reminded Drin of her old pack. Everything about him, his rigid stance, his piercing eyes, even the way he smelled, it just screamed tradition. It created knots of anxiousness in the yearlings’ stomach, making her think of her old pack and the limitations forced upon her family, but the large male was a pack brother now, she needed to get this through her head if they were to work together. She didn’t know where he stood on Luperci blood, but her Alphas were accepting of the virus and carried it themselves, if he had qualms with it, it was something he’d have to keep to himself. This little bit of knowledge made her feel a little bit better, as she knew something she couldn’t even control was not discriminated against within New Dawn.

Her bicolored eyes remained focused on her large timber wolf paws, waiting with baited breath for the outranking wolf’s answer to her suggestion. She hadn’t meant to overstep her boundaries, and she would acquiesce and understand if her saddled brother did not accept her offer at this time. He might still be fuming...but even worse, he could tell Zalen of their newest recruit and maybe persuade the dark alpha to chase her off. Drin’s worries were getting ahead of themselves, and she was aware of this, but it was too easy to flutter in the agony of the unknown, but then Augustus surprised her and responded.

His tone was soothing to her ears, much different from what it had been mere seconds ago, but the lady kept her submissive stance and averted eyes just in case as she listened to his reply. Moose, she thought to herself. Occasionally her old pack would bring down one of these forest behemoths and the pack would eat for days. Her mouth watered at the thought, though her family usually received the dregs, unless her high ranking father was able to pull off the choosier parts for them. She had never hunted a moose, but she had trailed the hunting parties that did and it seemed like a lot of practiced coordination, speed, and strength to fall one.

She’d always been fascinated with the inner workings of her old pack’s killing squad, but if her memory served her right, usually a moose could be taken with 4 no less than 3 able bodied wolves. Her eyes shifted between Augustus’s large paws and her own. Had she bitten off more than she could chew? Or could they actually do it themselves? Finding the tracks would be an easy task. She knew the cloven hoofed markings well and the soil beneath her own paws was still moist, it sounded as if Augustus had already seen them, there was no way she could let this opportunity go without trying. I have to give it a shot, she convinced herself and responded with a nod. Lead the way, she said, eyes not quite making contact, but offering a small smile as her head lifted.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Crud post :/ / +458

The Epsilon gazed at her warily the moments that followed, ready to correct any other breach in etiquette with physical response. His body was tense and his pelt puffed up to accentuate his already massive frame. He held his tail a little higher and stood in silence until he was sure that the gold hued female would not threaten him anymore. He was a wolf of the wild, a living ancestor. His home was far to the north and west, there Luperci were few to none, and his pack was dead set against them, they threatened their way of life, and the sacred balance. Wolves were not meant to walk on two legs like the cruel humans who had once hunted them to near extinction, that was the truth that a young Augustus once grew up to believe. The months that passed gave birth to tragedy and in Lionel’s madness the young tundra wolf lost his brother and closest friend. Another few months later his belief was shaken as he was blamed for unthinkable crimes, betrayal, kin slaying, and allying with the very creatures his pack hated.

All lies, but none the less the young Augustus was chased from the lands he had once known as home. He knew not why they’d turned on him, or what he’d even done to deserve this fate, but one thing was true, his beliefs were now and truly shaken. So, battling hunger, and infection he finally came to rest in Nova Scotia, where he learned of his ignorance and found a home. He even took a Luperci as his mate. Ciara rarely shifted, but he’d no doubt come a long way from where he’d been before.

When she spoke again, he nodded once, pleased with her response. He was always eager for a challenge, and the moose, unspeakable to hunt on his own, would prove a daunting task indeed, but he had another set of paws, fangs, and claws. It was not impossible. Improbable? Yes. But impossible? No. He was a powerful predator, and had faced both cougar and bear, and been victorious.

He eyes searched for the trail and he spoke one word. Follow. He turned his back on her with tail still held high and trotted alongside the tracks. He lowered his nose to the ground, and sniffed in earnest. It was several moments before something struck him. His fur snagged on a low hanging branch, but he shook it off only to catch a whiff of something. He turned lowered his muzzle to confirm, and soon his yellow eyes caught sight of the smallest tuft of hair caught in the very same tangle of growth. He nosed it towards Palaydrian with a grunt. We’re getting closer. He rumbled.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 400+ Tongue Not at all!

Palaydrian didn’t need to be told twice, the golden fae quickly fell in line behind August and followed in his tracks, becoming a wraith across the loamy forest floor, large paws cushioning her weight and making the slightest whisper of sound. The Siamese coated girl took pride and great pains in keeping up her stealth approach to hunting. Though she hadn’t been allowed to hunt with the males and females within her birth pack, that didn’t mean she hadn’t learned to hunt and become an asset to any team with her family. Sylven was always the chaser and sometimes Drin would help, but she and her brother Taro were amazing killing machines, utilizing their wait and ambush approach to the best of their abilities, catching prey off guard and allowing Sylven the berth he needed in order to lure something into their traps.

Drin’s coat of gold allowed her to blend within the dappled sunlight a forest floor usually provided, if not, the woman was used to just barely dragging her belly across the floor to lie in wait beneath the underbrush. Sprinting and pouncing upward to land fang or claw was what she was best at, endurance running was not. She loved the quick chase and excitement of bringing something down, using the majority of her energy in a powerful bound and utilizing her timberwolf bulk to help in knocking an animal off balance. But it had been quite some time since she had hunted such a formidable foe. She and Jiva had easily taken down a doe together earlier in the week, but she was tiny compared to a moose, and even she and Terra had had a successful hunt, though the coywolf heavily relied upon Drin to make it so. A moose would be exciting, new, and definitely a challenge.

Conditioning herself to become almost invisible in the woods overtime, had allowed her to focus on the smallest things, including tufts of hair that could easily go unseen by a less seasoned hunter. Her tail slightly wagged as the Epsilon picked up on this. This would be why he holds this rank, she thought to herself as she craned her neck forward to sniff the hairs as well as the ground beneath the branch. Yes, she softly replied, inching a little to the side of him as her snout remained glued to the floor. Her head lifted up slightly, but she still held her body lower than his. The trail seems to be going this way, she indicated with a nod of her head. She’d allow him to lead again as it was his privilege.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +411

Unlike his companion the northern male was more a creature of endurance. His massive size made him potentially slower than his pack mates, though he was still a well trained and toned predator. Though it made him exceedingly less successful with smaller game, he preferred the thrill of larger animals where his bulk could be used to his advantage. He could bull a deer off its feet with his solid frame, much like he'd knocked Palaydrian off her own.

The scent was now firmly recollected in his powerful nostrils. It grew stronger with his every step causing him to crouch lower and lower to the ground. In a frozen wasteland the behemoth's pelt was invaluable, but amongst the vibrant shades of summer all hope of concealing himself within the grasses was all but lost. His muzzle grazed the ground as he brought himself into a trot huffing in the scent, following the trail. More scents connected with the first and Augustus paused a moment. Their quarry’s scent was still in his nostrils, but his heart gave a leap of excitement when he noted the presence of a bull along the same trail. His yellow eyes glanced quickly to Palaydrian, then small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. What was a young buck compared to a bull moose? His pack would feast for days with this bounty. Would they be able to deliver it?

His eyes glanced over the female, she looked powerful enough in her own right, and seemed confident enough of her own ability. Perhaps bravado on her part? Or she was decidedly self-aware. He would take the latter, and without hesitation diverted his course, inching towards the bull that lay ahead. The male was careful in his approach, keeping to the moist regions of the underbrush where his paws would make the least sound. He said nothing to the Siamese-pelted subord. He was Epsilon and it was his call to make, and right now, he had his sights set on the crowned head of the beast.

When the creature lurked just out of sight he turned to the woman. Show me these skills of yours… He whispered. His voice was husky with excitement and he looked from predator to the direction of their prey. The female’s pelt would serve better here. If she spooked it into running, maybe wounding it in the process he would be free to run it into submission, and make the killing blow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 730 ::

With the scent fully locked in her nares, Palaydrian moved like a whisper over sodden ground, her bi colored eyes fixed on Augustus for any indication of hunting plans. Body language in a wolf spoke louder than words, but the arctic wolf gave none as the stink of their prey grew stronger and around a wave of realization washed over both the Epsilon and subord. This was no ordinary moose. The pungent musk of patriarch piss marinated her snout and sent chills down her legs. She hadn’t seen a bull moose since she was a pup, and the monstrous rack of the beast lay fallen and bloodied in the snow after her pack had had their fill of its insides. She remembered being in complete awe of the dead animal, half eviscerated by the time her mother and brothers were able to have their share, but the feeling of greatness when being in the presence of something so impressive was a concept she was still able to understand even at a young age. The dank earthy smell the hide had given off that day had stuck with her, and now that scent memory came flooding back.

Her heart pounded within her chest, as she felt the yellow eyes of Augustus rake over her body. Palaydrian knew without a shadow of a doubt in their mind that their course had changed for the larger beast. The forest king could easily feed the growing pack for weeks, this would be a prize worth fighting for, and definitely a hunt to remember. The creamy fae followed quickly behind the Epsilon in the new path, her eyes now darting forward now and then to glimpse the new quarry and once they did, she forgot to exhale. He was magnificent and luckily unaware of the predators in the woods, and why would he being as large as he was? This would surely be a challenge for just the two, but the need to prove her worth and rise above the stigma from her old pack was stronger than the nervous butterflies fluttering about it in her stomach. Bring it on bull moose. The Siamese coated wolf nodded, this was her time to shine, would she burn brightly or be snuffed out?

This was what Syliat had trained her for. The Darkfire woman moved quietly away from Augustus, a plan already working its way into her brain. She’d circle the beast from behind and begin her attack from there. This was the easiest method for two wolves if not by water, and it made the most sense. The two could then easily chase the behemoth down until exhaustion or loss of blood claimed its energy first. Palaydrian’s task was to draw first blood, but the trick was getting close enough to achieve such a thing before the herbivore could spook. Her movements were snakelike through the underbrush, sticking to the patches of sunlight to blend in as her eyes occasionally glanced back at their prey beyond. A large paw snapped a twig and the bull moose’s head swung up from grazing. The fae remained perfectly still until its massive head lowered once more. Alarm hadn’t been spread, she could continue.

Breathing out the breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding, Palaydrian inched closer, now rounding towards the rump of the moose. Her muscles were coiled and ready to spring. She looked across the small expanse to see if she could find Augustus’s yellow eyes within the bracken, but couldn’t. She knew he’d be ready, and she was as close as any wolf could get with the wind on their side. She remained silent as she leaped out of her hiding place and bounded towards the back end of the bull moose. The sound of paws smacking the ground and taking off being what alerted the moose in the first place, but Drin’s golden body was already in the air and her jaw cam snapping shut on the patriarch’s thick flank while her dull claws sought purchase on its rump. He spooked forward and began to run with a guttural cry, Drin holding steadfast with her fangs for a few minutes before dropping down to give chase. Now her task would be tripping him up as she snapped viciously at the bull’s ankles, avoiding his hooves with snarls.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Sorry for the wait / +422

He nodded once before stalking past her, and weaved through the underbrush as silently as he could afford, making a small diagonal from where they’d stood before. He gave the moose a wide berth and, doing so, was able to stalk past unnoticed. He quickened his pace as he drew further from the beast, finally reaching a full lope. If he could get enough ahead of them, he could force the creature to change course, thus slowing it down enough for Palaydrian to strike once again. His body was still, muscles prepared to spring into action at a moments notice. When he’d gained enough distance he planted himself within the brush, crouching among the leaves, entirely hidden from view. It‘s branches were flimsy things, and would not trip him up when he made his play, making it an effective camouflage. His charcoal ears he kept perked, ready for the smallest sound to signal his ambush.

Augustus lay as still as a statue, watching, waiting with observant eyes. His annoyance from before had all but dissolved, and he was eager to let nature take its course. Their prey was a massive and imposing creature, and its horned head was enough to make any wolf shudder. But Augustus feared little, if nothing at all, as foolish as that may be. The thought of hunting down this king among fauna exhilarated him like nothing else could. He was made for this, and when the sound of trampling hooves and snarling pursuit reached him he leapt out from hiding. In a full sprint both predator and prey came hurtling towards him, but he did not falter. He stood like a living bulwark, planting his feet firmly just a little over shoulder’s width apart, and hunched his upper body, in the off chance that the panicked herbivore could not stop in time.

Fortunately the giant skidded to a halt just before impact, and changed direction. Everything was going according to plan. Augustus wheeled on the bull, teeth grappling at its shoulder. There was a struggle, but soon enough he found purchase. He snarled as he shook viciously, granting his teeth the room to plunge deeper into its flesh. Small trickles of blood seeped over his tongue, warm and wet, urging him into a frenzy of bloodlust. The brown behemoth bellowed and shook its head, trying to reach the white male with its deadly horns. Augustus released his grip before the cruel prongs could pierce him and kept pace at its shoulder, snarling and snapping all the while.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ OOC:: No problem!

A rush of adrenaline consumed the fae as the frantic pounding of hooves filled her ears. She was focused on snapping a vital bone in its legs when a flash of white blurred in her peripheral. Her heart leapt with excitement when her eyes lifted up to see Augustus standing tall and proud in the thicket, a physical wall the moose would have to choose to come up against or avoid. Its large split hooves stopped it in time from colliding into the Epsilon and soon enough it was heading off to the side and both wolves were in pursuit. They were doing exceptionally well for such a small hunting party, but Palaydrian didn’t have time to gloat. The angry bellow of the bull drowned out the sound of its hooves, Augustus must have found some success on his end.

She sprinted onward, snapping and snarling at the bull’s legs as the three charged forward in the woods. A tree stump lay in the woman’s path but with quick thinking, she’d would utilize it to her advantage. Drin mounted the stump and quickly propelled herself off of it with an open jaw. Her fangs snagged on the bull’s rump and she immediately bit down though her dull claws couldn’t bury themselves in the prey’s flesh. Blood came quickly and pooled in her maw, but she held on for a few seconds before a strong kick sent her back to the ground running beside the bull once more. No matter, it was a good attack and yet another place for the massive beast to bleed from.

The beast was slowing and though she couldn’t see Augustus from the right side, she knew he was responsible for the giant’s labored breaths. The glimmer of weakness only strengthened Palaydrian’s resolve. This kill would be successful! She put even more enthusiasm into tripping up the moose and this time she added teeth. Watching the beast’s back as if they were timed pistons, she lunged forward and clamped her bloodied muzzle down on the sinex and bone below its knee. She was rewarded with a sickening crunch and the bull’s deafening roar. Adrenaline would keep it up for a few more paces, but the bones had been broken. She backed off with a snarl and a bark as a hoof rose up to kick her in response, but the bruise would be well worth it and Drin’s own adrenaline kept her running now.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Round Two, Fight! xD / +358

The forest king bellowed as Drin’s fangs sunk into its rump. It threw its head back and its pace slowed as it threw a mighty kick towards the she-wolf. The Epsilon heard the dull thud of its hoof as it connected with the golden woman, but gave nothing but a twitch of one of his charcoal ears in her direction. It was all part of the game. He would be lucky, himself, to prevail unscathed. For the moment he threw his weight into the beasts shoulder with a vicious bellow of his own, forcing yet another change in direction. The same moment Drin’s fangs severed bone, as if it had been planned. Augustus could hear the crunch and he swelled with pride. An abrupt howl of triumph escaped his lips before he rammed himself against his prey once more with a roar.

The useless leg buckled and the moose began to stumble, not yet falling to its knees. Its breathing came out of its flaring nostrils in heavy huffs. Augustus kept up the pressure, using his large body like a battering ram, forcing more weight on the broken limb. Its rump staggered and it slowed more and more. Augustus sunk his fangs into its shoulder, his yellow eyes mad with bloodlust. Finally after some moments later the pursuit came to a halt and the bull shrugged the Yukon wolf to the ground. Augustus was flung into the undergrowth, but regained his feet quickly with a snarl. He shook it off and stalked towards where his prey now stood defiant.

Bleeding from its rump, legs, and shoulder the king looked the white wolf in the eye. The creature was proud, unyielding, standing its ground even in the faces of its would-be killers. He lowered his rack, snorted, and pawed the ground with its sharp split front hoof. Augustus lowered his head as well, meeting his preys gaze with a murderous intensity. He pulled his lips back exposing his bloodied fangs, tongue curling to taste the bulls blood as it dried a stark crimson on his white, scarred face. His yellow eyes flicked searching for Drin’s. The game had changed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: Epic Battle Commencing!

A warm feeling of acceptance rippled through the woman’s body and it was just from the impact of the bull’s hooves, no it was the prideful howl of Augustus that filled her up with jubilation and quickened the pace of her racing heart. Her quick thinking had paid off as it had obviously impressed her better. A smug smile began to form on her black lips as she continued to run along their quarry, easily adjusting to the change of direction the behemoth forced on the bull with a shove of his shoulder. This was going better than she could’ve imagined, at least for now. Another strong shove from the Epsilon forced the moose to consider the damage that had been done, and Palaydrin dug her large paws and claws into the dirt as the massive beast began to tire from the relentless hunters. She leapt forward in tandem with Augustus and was able to sink her fangs into the thick neck flesh of the beast. More skin than vital muscle here, but she hung on momentarily and spat out a chunk of fur and skin as the bull abruptly came to a halt.

The forest king was not ready to give up without a fight. Already deeply wounded and bleeding from multiple areas,the bull was relying on pure adrenaline now and with two snapping fangs at either side of him goading the large undulate on, but from the look in his eyes, it was apparent he had plenty of juice left to burn. Drin was impressed with this prey’s tenacity and fervor to survive. He was proving to be a mighty opponent and a kill she would be proud of, but first there was that matter of killing. She watched in amazement as the ungulate lowered its crown of prongs, its burning eyes fixed on Augustus. She was even more amazed as her pack brother took an equally impressive stance of defiance in return. This was her moment, another opportunity to catch the bull unawares as all his rage was focused on the white wolf who wore his crimson blood proudly on his muzzle.

Ignoring the throbbing pain that was beginning to scream in her side, the golden fae strafed slowly in the bull’s peripheral vision, causing him to decide who posed more of a threat at the moment, and that seemed to be taken up by Augustus. Her lips were peeled back to reveal her own pink tinged fangs, but she kept the growing snarls at bay, not wanting the bull’s attention to switch to her once she got in reach of his antlers. Her lower half was hunched towards the ground, cautiously skirting the floor as she moved into a blind spot behind the beast’s shoulder. If timed right, her attack would catch the bull unawares and cause him to toss his head towards her side, exposing his neck again to her packmate and sealing his fate.

She let out the breath she had been holding in, if this went wrong, she’d get more than a few bruises and worse. It’s now or never, she thought to herself before she raced forward, kicking off the loamy floor and letting that building snarl rip before her mouth filled with blood.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Your post was epic, I just hope mine can live up to it! xD / +589

Augustus focused Drin in his peripheral vision, darting his eyes away before the giant could notice her presence. His rack like an array of spears aimed at the northern behemoth, were ever threatening, but Augustus was undeterred. He stalked closer, each step like a lifetime, foretelling the creature's doom. His heart was racing in his chest as adrenaline pumped endlessly into his bloodstream. It eased the burning ache in his muscles, and made each breath count. He stood with hackles raised, fur in full bristle, his dusted tail held high like a banner of triumph. He'd already won. This was just the beginning of the end. His head he kept ever low, protecting his vitals from his equally fearsome prey. The scars on his marred face were twisted, contorting his features grotesquely as he growled low and deadly.

The forest king was vigilant, and tossed his head at the white wolf, snorting a challenge. Augustus retorted with one of his own. Just as his brown adversary was about to turn head in face of Drin the Epsilon came charging towards him, roaring, his jaws open wide. The bull thrashed his head in greeting, but Augustus knew the blow was coming and ducked beneath. His body was large but the bull had put such force behind his thrust it gave the man just enough room to crawl underneath. At the same moment Drin's fangs found purchase deep in its shoulder. With a throaty cry of pain he attempted to rear up in defense against both wolves, but as he did so the back leg gave way and he slumped to the ground. Augustus ripped and tore at the exposed neck like a demon possessed, his feasting riddled with snarls as blood dripped hot and crimson down his chin and neck.

In the midst of his ravaging strike he did not see the heavy crowned head as it whipped down to thrash at him. The strike was weak, and Augustus's vitals were spared by his position, but a single prong poked into the flesh of his side. His snarl turned into a yelp of shock and pain, but his eyes blazed and he continued the assault. Even weakened the bull's antlers had parted flesh. The behemoth's side wept bloody tears, staining his dusted pelt, but there was too much adrenaline in his system for it to be anything more than the sting of a bee.

There was an awful gurgling noise and terror filled the king's eyes. A jet of crimsom soaked the wolf's face in blood as the moose's life essence poured out of him. It tried to scream, tried to tear away from the mercilous fangs, but only deepened the wound, and the only sound was the babble of its blood like a fountain. Augustus's snarl was lost in the current, but his tail wagged behind him. A death rattle sounded and mere moments later, it was done. The arctic male loosed his fangs and withdrew. The beast had been fellled, his task was complete.

The climax reached the behemoth was allowed to feel pain and as he backed away he began to pant with the effort. He lay himself down, gazing over at his sister with a smile on his bloodied face. His side was slick with blood, but it had been a glancing blow. No organs had suffered injury. He gazed on the carcass, his tail wagging fiercely. A howl of bloody satisfaction soared skyward and when his face fell he glanced at his sister with pride.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]