Trained for This
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin ran along the pack's border. It was a good distance to run, especially for one used to travel. It helped strengthen the pack scent, while giving him that purposeful movement that he had felt when traveling. Reaching the forest border Tharin slowed down, the salty scent of the ocean along his coat. Panting happily Tharin stretched his body out. There was still much for him to do today. He was going to get some food for Kiara and visit her and the pups. Then he was going to run down to the den and lounge there for a while. After that he'd be hunting for the pack.

Sometime in there Tharin wanted to practice fighting as well, but he didn't feel as confident doing that. What he knew was so very basic. Nothing near what it should have been. True, Tharin had never been threatened and had to fight in his life, the closest encounter being when he drove off the bear. Sickness and hunger had been his foes. Tharin wanted to be ready though, especially after those he cared for had been attacked.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC This shall be my mentoring table xD / +457

Trotting his way along the borders was the behemoth. He paused now and again, scenting here, marking there, all was right in the world again. He felt as if a great load had been lifted from his heart, and his paws traipsed about with drive and enthusiasm. His tail even dared to sway behind him. There was nothing left to concern him, or almost nothing, and what was on his mind was more often than not a cause for excitement. There was but a hint of anxiety to tarnish it, but he relished the thought of finally making his mate his own, in body as well as soul. He felt the time had come. Thinking of it sent a pleasant chill down his spine. Perhaps that was the sort of release he needed. A smile slowly worked its way across his muzzle. His eyes strayed happily toward the waters of the Alecrest shore in passing. One day soon he would take her on the sands, she’d like that, he thought. His girl so loved the sea. She smelled of it so often it seemed a part of her, and soon, had he his way, he would be as well.

He soon passed the shoreline and continued his way along the boundaries of New Dawn. All seemed quiet, and it wasn’t until much later did he come across the scent of another creature. He stopped abruptly, pelt bristling until he processed the information. It was a member of New Dawn, he soon registered, but of another brother he had yet to meet. He adjusted his tail so that it stuck out straight from his spine, not overly dominant, but enough to ensure that he was greeted with dignity and respect. His ears remained erect and he proceeded slower than before, eyes scanning the horizon for a chance sighting of this other wolf. He glimpsed the male a few yards off, noting a tawny pelt, and a frame large enough to grant him pause. Augustus was quite a bit taller, but the canine was strong and possessed a bulk similar enough to the tundra wolf’s. Another thing was strange about him…his scent was not alike to many others of New Dawn. He appeared…somehow purer. Could this male be a true wolf like himself? His brows furrowed in the slightlest, and his pelt was smooth once more. This day may very well continue to be a good one. He approached the man with confidence and authority, his tail an ever-present sign of his higher place within the ranks. You, there! Brother! I don’t think we’ve met. It was as good a greeting as anyone was like to get from the bi-colored brute, and he paused to stand before the male.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

augustus won't be a pure wolf for long XD

The scent of a pack member brought Tharin's attention. His stance, as always, was confident, a small line of dominance in him. It was his natural state, submitting to others harder than he would like to admit. Sniffing the air Tharin gauged the information. The mate of that female he'd met. She'd given him some tips, but the restless energy was still there, still feeling more useless than he would like. Especially after the attacks.

He lowered his tail, holding himself just below the white wolf, unable to make himself lower further. Tharin didn't know this one's rank after all. It could simply be someone who was as dominant as he was. No we haven't. I'm Tharin. He looked at the wolf curiously, noting the scars. Not all of them were from other predators. Waiting for the other to introduce himself Tharin took in the scent, noting the slightest difference in it and the other pack members. He didn't know what it was, but it was intriguing.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Yeah, but he doesn't know that, xP / +205

The other male was even larger up close, but he could not hope to match Augustus, especially as the bi-colored brute stood tall above him. He watched curiously as the other lowered his stance, but the difference was slight and he did not know whether to bristle or hold himself even higher. So, he did the latter, his lips beginning to twitch, but it was a good day so the behemoth restrained his usual snarl. He was not slighting him after all. Augustus, he rumbled in his usual gravelly voice, dipping his muzzle for the briefest of moments. I, along with my mate, am an Epsilon, a warrior, hunter, and defender of New Dawn.

His yellow eyes, peppered with green, burned into the other male for a moment, as if seeing through him, but paused when he noticed Tharin’s gaze trace along his scars. He soon adjusted himself so that only his unmarked side was visible. He did this with an air of tension, his corded muscles flexing visibly beneath his now thinning pelt. He wondered if this was the male Ciara had met the other day. She spoke briefly of him, but that made the man wary. His mate’s heat had only just ended.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

The other wolf pulled himself higher, into a more dominant form. Tharin was tempted to challenge it, barely restraining himself. He knew that it wasn't right to do that. After all, he was technically equal with the majority of the pack members, only his instincts insisting that he was more dominant. The introduction was brief, covering everything he needed to know. A hunter and defender of New Dawn. Tharin hunted for the pack as well, despite not having an actual rank for it. Defending the pack was something he wished to learn though.

His tail dipped lower, more courteous with the knowledge of the other's pack ranking. The tension in the other's body as he looked at the scars brought Tharin's gaze to the ground. He had meant no harm in his gaze, simply seeing the fact that the other was one who had faced battle where he had not. You must be very experienced in it. I myself haven't fought against any others, except a brief battle to drive a bear back. They had won, but the cost wasn't one Tharin was willing to admit.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +263

Augustus felt the slightest tremor run down his spine as he watched the male’s body language. He seemed most reluctant to submit, and held himself just a touch below the black and white male. His lips began to twitch, the ends tugging backwards, preparing to bare his fangs if need be. The tension lessened somewhat as the male took him at his word, and lowered further. The behemoth was satisfied enough for now, but he resolved to remain ever vigilant with this wolf. His scent helped set him at ease, there was something oddly pure about it, even Ciara smelled…different. It was a difference only a non-Luperci could extinguish. Where are you from, Tharin? He found himself asking in his rumbling voice. His charcoal ears perked forward, as his eyes continued to bore into his new brother.

The bi-colored man puffed up a bit to hear the other speak of his prowess. He allowed himself a swell of pride and the corners of his mouth twitched again. Indeed. He affirmed. My mate and I killed a cougar together, and conflict…has been an ever constant companion, so to say. He turned the side of his head briefly, the scars peeking out from their place along the top of his muzzle. A bear there was also, but we drove it off. It sustained a few injuries, while the rest of the pack did not.He recalled Tharin admitting something about a bear as well. Where was this? He questions, his ears perking up attentively. If it was anywhere near our borders, I must hear it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Startled by the question Tharin met Augustus' eyes. He lowered them away again, looking over the lands in the direction that he'd come to the pack from, west. The north called to his blood, even if he wasn't an arctic wolf. I come from the north. Everything's different there, untouched by two leggers. He glanced apologetically at the larger wolf, uncertain whether or not he was a luperci as well. Tharin didn't have enough experience among them to be able to tell the difference yet.

His lips twitched with a smile at Augustus' pride. It was rightfully earned, taking down a cougar and driving a bear off. Shaking his head as he was drilled about the bear Tharin had fought his ears flattened, pain showing briefly in his eyes. Not near here. Before I arrived. A bear attacked me and Akira. It's not close enough to be a threat to the pack. That was what he needed to know, after all. Tharin didn't want to remember the location, hating the flowered fields that had tricked him with a sense of safety.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Auggie sucks as a conversationalist, but he's so darn cute when he's wistful / +417

Augustus bared a single fang before the other’s gaze lowered, causing the canine to retreat back into the fold of his lips. He cocked his head with curiosity, eager to hear of this newcomers heritage, and wondering if it reflected his own any. It did and the bi-colored brute drew himself closer. He felt a kindred spirit, and a hint of a grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. Two-leggers… He repeated slowly. I had suspicions, but never did I think I’d find another like myself, not even here. His tail flicked in a feeble wag and he nudged roughly at the brute‘s shoulder. When he retreated he held his head proudly and spoke, the north is colder, harsher, mercilous. These easterners could not hope to survive there, but we know what it is like to struggle. We fight a battle against the world just for the right to face the dawn. Do we not, brother?

The tundra wolf’s expression was almost warm when he spoke again. I’m surprised you do not have more experience, Tharin. How long ago did you leave? The large male settled to his haunches, attentive now that he had found a wolf of similar mind. The tawny male’s eyes darkened suddenly with his telling of events. Ah, that is good then, he acknowledged that the bear was far from their borders. I’m guessing Akira did not survive? He pondered aloud, forming the conclusion before Tharin could hope to acknowledge it. These things happen, I nearly lost my Ciara to that cat, but not before we tore its heart from its chest. He rose his head triumphantly. Men of the north, we understand that we are mortal. Some do not. His eyes were wistful and he regarded Tharin in his yellow pools before prodding his muzzle at his shoulder again, in an attempt to be comforting. His assurances had been brief, but his mannerisms were much changed in regard to how he normally regarded others. Tharin was lucky to see this side of the wolf.

I can teach you, if you’d like. He said abruptly. To fight. New Dawn could use more warriors. He allowed himself a grin then and his jaws opened in a mock sigh. Ahh, it would be nice to be able to take a vacation, maybe even get a taste of my mate. The last was offered with a wink. He suspected Tharin had met Ciara, at least once, and he was not above boasting of her beauty.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Was he smiling? Tharin couldn't quite tell. He looked over the stronger wolf, deciding that he was fairly happy with Tharin's presence. His tail wagged softly behind him, listening to the other's words. His jaw dropped open. You...you are not a luperci? An odd word, almost fumbling for him to wrap his mouth around. Excitement danced in his eyes, realizing he wasn't alone. I met a female down here, just like us. She has pups. Subconsciously his body shifted, entering into a more protective stance. If anyone threatened Kiara, they would find him in the way.

He returned the affection with a nudge, proud to have found someone to share this with. The world was confusing, but he had pack by his side, and a brother that understood. He nodded his head, knowing what it was to fight for each breath. He'd been there, joining in the struggle. A pup when the polar bear attacked, too young to remember it, though the story lasted. Akira survived the bear. It was the sickness that followed that took her. The one thing he could not fight against. That no one could fight against.

Augustus' speech was proud, lifting. Different from how Tharin viewed the world. His was more black and white, not yet exposed to the confusion of the world. He didn't know Augustus' past, only knowing that the male had survived battles, and that such battles were rare where the land was endless, running into another pack on very few occasions. Being taught would be good. There is only so much I can do on my own. Tharin chuckled good naturedly at Augustus' teasing manner over Ciara. She was a beautiful wolf.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Going to try and break the lesson into a few posts / +513

Augustus’ muzzle widened into a genuine smile and he nodded at the other’s words. He felt more confident around this wolf as each moment passed, no longer hiding away the marred side of his face. He faced him straight on, and soon his charcoal ears perked with news of another like them, untainted. “A female?” His brows furrowed. I’ve yet to meet one, here. What was her name? He decided not to comment on his mention of pups. They were strange beings to him, tiny, far too fragile for his liking, and they were more trouble than they were worth. His Ciara longed for pups, but whenever the thought crossed his mind he could not shake the image of the black pup, with his father’s amber eyes. He shook his head roughly. The black whelp was only a figment of his imagination, a shadow and a threat of the influence his father still had on him to this very day.

The tundra wolf was granted clarity with the motion and he was able to focus on Tharin once again. The male’s stance widened protectively and Augustus cocked his head at the seemingly random behavior. He dismissed it when he felt his brother’s nudge and his tail followed suit in a slow, leisurely wag. He nodded at his mention of sickness. I see. He replied quietly, allowing a brief lowering of his head in respect for the grief the tawny wolf felt.

Another smile graced his black lips as Tharin agreed to submit to his teachings. It was his wish to see his pack grow strong. He and Ciara were their only Epsilons, the only defenders the pack had, and though some of the other males possessed some skill, they had other things to do. The saddled male thrived in the rank of Epsilon, rather than seeking to climb the hierarchy further. He was not ambitious, and knew others could lead far better than him, but that did not prevent a shadow of doubt to cross his mind every now and again. It was common knowledge that he was if not the largest, one of the largest males in the pack, and he was not even a shifter. The day Augustus became a Luperci (and unbeknownst to him the fated day was drawing nearer and nearer with every breath he took.), would be the day that all would be confirmed. But that day had not yet come.

I am glad to hear, brother He gazed upon the lands in which they stood now. It was not as clear as he’d like and he began to trot away, pausing to gaze back over his shoulder. Come, we will need space for this. He stopped only when they came to a clearing.

He waited for the other wolf to join him, before speaking. Fighting is not unlike hunting. He began, watching the tawny brute carefully. You must first read your target, look for any weakness that you can exploit, anything that may give you the upper paw. He paused, to ensure Tharin was following his words.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

works for me

Kiara. He didn't quite relax, still feeling protective over her. Augustus' attention moved on though, dismissing the white female. It was harder for him to let her go, knowing that she was a loner, too vulnerable for his liking. He wished that the pack had been strong enough to protect her. The giant wolf's head ducked with respect at Tharin's grieving words, acknowledging the pain it had caused him. Losing Akira had been very hard for him.

Tharin followed after Augustus, tempted as he was to try and take the lead. His body ached to take his dominant stance, but he knew that it wasn't right. Augustus had earned his position. Reaching a clearing they paused. Tharin absorbed the words as the male spoke, doing his best to adapt them. Tharin's eyes scanned over Augustus, using him as practice for what had been said. He didn't see any weakness in the male, beyond the scars that might have left the flesh tender. It might have made it more difficult to feel pain there as well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +391

Augustus was not lax in his posture. His tail was ever raised, his ears always perked, and his muscles always tensed, ready. He’d snapped at others for simply holding his gaze when he thought they had no right. He was not a peon in the pack structure he had an important job, one he had gladly done, to the better of all. The cougar had been vanquished, sent to whatever hell there was for bloodthirsty cats, and the bear would not be returning. Even feeling a kindred spirit in Tharin, Augustus trusted no one, no one, but his mate. Even his Alpha’s had wronged him. Zalen’s transgression, his near infidelity with Ciara was not forgotten. The man was not ambitious, though he had debated attacking the sable male. If pressed, Augustus would not hesitate, thank whatever divine power existed it had not come to that. He was not the smartest, however. Augustus’s moods were ever shifting, the slightest twitch could send him reeling, half-mad with teeth flashing. It would be his undoing someday if he did not check himself.

He nodded at the name Tharin gave. Kiara. So like his mate’s. Augustus watched Tharin’s face. The male was large enough, and given time and instruction he could turn that strength into a weapon. He debated his method of teaching, secretly his body ached to be pit against another, fang to fang, claw to claw, but he shook it off and rolled his muscular shoulders. He tapped into the predator within and strafed to the side, gazing over Tharin with scrutiny in his yellow eyes. He approached, slowly, carefully, watching every twitch of fur from the tawny brute and began to circle. His face was a mask, his eyes ever watchful. A true warrior does not even need to draw blood, not when he can intimidate his opponent into retreating first. It does not work on everyone, but it is nonetheless useful. He continued to circle, contemplating every step, drawing them out. He puffed up his pelt, raised his hackles, and bared his fangs.

When he drew himself towards Tharin’s front his snarled at the wolf. The scars upon his face twisted grotesquely, and his eyes were blazing. He raised his tail high above his back and stood with ears perked and head lowered. He held his position several moments, watching, waiting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

is Augustus mad?

Tharin didn't see any openings. He was as hard to attack as a full grown buck. Vigilance couldn't last forever though. Even the strongest opponent would have a chink in their armor somewhere. Tharin was full of vulnerabilities, new to this as he was. He did his best to cover them, but they were there. Instinct guided his movement as he turned with Augustus, keeping the giant male from being able to attack Tharin from behind.

The pair circled each other, lips drawing back into twin snarls. Augustus was more fierce, more experienced. At the challenge his instincts roared into play. Tharin only submitted to the alpha. True, he actually submitted to more than that, aware of those above him. His dominant spirit was willing to fight for rank though, and Tharin was prepared to push against Augustus. His own form swelled up, a deep rumbling growl escaping as he took a step forward, head to head with the larger wolf.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Mentally? Maybe, but he's just demonstrating right now. He's pretty paws-on xP / +210

Step matched step and when the tundra wolf paused to stand before him his lips drew back over his fangs. The bi-colored male was undaunted, though his blood surged through his veins with the excitement. The corners of his mouth began to twitch and a grin spread across his face. His tail, though still high above his back wagged a couple times. Very good. He rumbled. That will serve you well. He was pleased with his pupil, though an odd chill crept down his spine and the seed of doubt was planted. Was there more going on here than he believed? His brows furrowed and he stood his ground. I am here to teach, Tharin. Nothing more. He affirmed though his body remained tense, if the male was wanting a real fight he would just have to indulge him.

He watched his pack brother with intensifying scrutiny as his muscles flexed and twitched beneath his fur. His head lowered instinctively, though his tail kept its sway. He’d meant only to mentor the male, and would wait until he calmed to continue, standing his ground in the meantime. A hint of anger began to bubble forth inside him, but he cast it aside. The test had been passed, it was over.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin paused, checking himself. It was hard to draw back from what he had seen as a threat. Augustus had challenged him, and he had risen to meet it. Backing off he lowered his hackles, gaze on the ground as he struggled to pull back the need to attack. Calmed down once more Tharin dipped his head in apology. Sorry for the challenge. It's hard not to rise to it, even if I know that it's to teach me to fight better. He just wanted to battle against it.

That part of him had long been taken and controlled though, Tharin's form as submissive as it should have been. No traces of the challenge he'd mounted earlier remained in his frame, simply standing there waiting to be taught what was needed next in the lesson. Unlike Augustus Tharin didn't feel anger, just a tug inside him to prove himself and do everything he could to show his strength to this large male.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC He's not so happy now :/ But he's just trying to teach him in a hands-on way / +355

The bi-colored wolf was confused by Tharin’s words and actions. He had made it clear he was going to teach him to fight, if his insubordination continued he’d give him a real lesson he wouldn’t soon forget. See that it doesn’t happen again. He growled, watching intensely as the male lowered his gaze and eased his posture. His pelt bristled and his hackles were raised, he would brook no threat from Tharin or anyone else and he wanted it to be known. He was not lax like his other brothers and sisters. The cruel north was in his veins and he would often give in to his feral impulses. He was even infamous in the eyes of some, hated even, a man reviled. It bothered him little, he just did as his ancestors had done before him, and as his pack demanded him to. It had been his duty to confront the coyote, although his actions were questionable even to he. His rage and this sense of duty blinded him to the compassion he should have felt for the broken hybrid, his former friend. All this time that had passed had not been able to wipe the incident from his memory.

Can we continue..? He rumbled, not waiting for a reply before he lowered himself into a defensive crouch. You need to keep your head low, and legs fluid. You need to prepare to attack, and be prepared to get attacked. He demonstrated, keeping his body hunched over, protecting his neck. You need to keep loose, and ready for anything that comes at you. His gaze flicked over the tawny male, narrowing a moment on his eyes. Now… He breathed. attack me, and let’s keep things civil this time… He added as an afterthought, though his voice was firm. No bloodshed here.

The Yukon wolf kept his body low to the ground, and his head even lower, although his legs had plenty space to maneuver. His eyes were all for the male in front of him, watching his every move. He would demonstrate his defensive technique to provide a visual aid for his willing pupil.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He nodded his head, making sure not to meet Augustus' eyes. Tharin couldn't help wanting to fight, to prove himself dominant. Augustus clearly felt the same way, an ache to just prove himself against all others, to dominate. Unfortunately for Tharin, he was low ranked, and had to submit. As painful and difficult as it was to do. Tharin mirrored Augustus again, crouching down low. It was a strange pose for him, taking a moment to adjust. It was different than waiting to attack prey.

The request was absorbed, Tharin's form tensing. He knew that this was training. The other part of him, the feral part, saw this as an open challenge. It made his opening move clumsy, trying to hold back. He didn't have the control a seasoned warrior would. It was all instinct guiding his form, fangs moving to grab underneath Augustus' neck and pull him to the ground. He could tear him open from there, make him submit to him. No, that wasn't right. The movement came out awkward, missing the blow as he tried to stop himself.
[html]
OOC / +567

Augustus was struggling no less, if Tharin overstepped himself just once more the ivory wolf would attack him, and that would be the end of the lesson. It was his right as Epsilon, he’d never had to use such force before, but he would, and the results would not be pleasant. His pelt remained bristled, his muzzle in a fangless snarl. He watched the grey male struggle, noting the subtlest twitch in his body that indicated where he was going to strike. Just that simple, subconscious movement was enough to give him away. Augustus was ready, his upper body hunched, head low. His neck was the obvious target, but it was not as obtainable a target as the other man seemed to believe.

He was able to completely avoid the attack, Tharin’s advance had been so halting, and so blatantly obvious the scarred male maneuvered almost effortlessly to the side. You won’t win any battles that way. He warned the man. He altered himself from his battle stance to stand straight again, signaling that the demonstration was over. You never go for the throat first. Your enemy will be expecting that. He gave a shake of his head. It’s never that easy, Tharin. There was some wisdom in his words. Although Augustus rarely fought with other canines, due to the fact that he was often successful in his initial intimidation, he’d learned his lessons well as a child. Lionel was the alpha, and though there was little affection for his boy, he trained him to be a skillful combatant. Neither he nor Paru would have a weakling as a son, it would be shameful not to pass on their knowledge to the next generation.

But a cougar was much like a wolf, though they were often solitary creatures, and it was rare to see more than one. His pack had proof of his skill in the heart that Ciara had delivered to Zalen. Now, the male started. Remember you have to wait for the right moment to close in for the kill. All opponents are equal at the start of a battle, you never know where the tide will turn, choose your moves wisely. All you need to do is wound them once, then comes the task of exploiting that weakness. He furrowed his brows a moment, in contemplation. Teaching was not an easy task, and teaching battle was even less so. There were so many variables involved. Let me give an example… He resumed. If you were to wound your opponent on the leg, you could focus the rest of your attacks on that side. A wolf can fight with three good legs, and will use the others to guard the one, but you can force him to. Keep pressing him, and the leg will eventually give, making everything the rest that much simpler.

Augustus was gaining more confidence with his skill at teaching, and Tharin’s compliance made things easier. He did not doubt the other man had a less than high opinion of him at this point, but he would soon see that given time, and proper regard for hierarchy and respect, Augustus himself was not so bad. It was easy to take his behavior as a sign of aggression, but once corrected, he often forgave the trespasses of others, and became a much more bearable companion. He truly meant well, but was often misunderstood.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

The attack missed, thankfully for him. Back under control he closed his eyes, focusing on what Augustus was telling him. Throat, obvious. It was just the first place that Tharin wanted to attack. He wanted to strike there, use it to bring his opponent down. Opening his eyes he nodded. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Things never were, were they? It could drive him mad, thinking about it. How many supposedly simple things had turned into complications?

He listened as Augustus divulged the more complex knowledge of being a fighter. Exploiting weakness. He didn't believe they were equal when a battle started. Size alone gave Augustus an advantage over most opponents. Picking a single weakness and then exploiting it like crazy, though. That was something Tharin could understand. That was something he could grasp. If he managed that, he could win. Nodding his head Tharin drank in the knowledge eagerly.

Nodding his head he grinned. Finding a weakness might be hard, but after that it sounded fair easy. Does it work with any weakness? Bad sight? Injured back? Rather like targeting prey. If he could apply that to fighting Tharin would be improving in no time at all. He was a great hunter. He just needed a direction to be pointed in so he could learn how to fight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +262

Augustus’s tail began to wag with the grin on his brother’s muzzle. Tharin nodded and listened to the alabaster warrior, consuming the knowledge eagerly. It was good to see such enthusiasm in the defense of one’s pack. And it was enough to relieve a bit of the burden from the stoic behemoth. The weight on his shoulders seemed somewhat lessened already. His ears twitched towards Tharin’s words, uttered with excitement. He set his sights on the man, eyes on the amber of his brother’s, scarred side and normal side both displayed. His tail was arced but wagging, and a smile was on his muzzle. He nodded. Any weakness, yes, Tharin, now we’re making progress. His pride at his brother was evident as he beamed. …just like prey, but know that they will most likely be doing the same. So even as you target their weakness, you must guard your own, whatever it may be.

The marred mentor and his pupil were making progress. You need to take a good look at yourself, and learn what it is that you need to protect. Weakness doesn’t necessarily mean injury, it can also be your own inexperience, size is just as much a weakness. His look was pointed, but Tharin was quick to learn. He’d noticed Tharin’s gaze as he looked over Augustus. The black and white male wasn’t eager to voice his own weakness, but the other wolf was pack, and his northern kin. I am not as fast as a smaller wolf, but it also takes more to wound me, everything in balance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]