Ding, you have a visitor
[html]
WC: 476 OOC: Permission was given by Saul for her to cross through, she's at the grand lake and in optime form Smile

She had been granted leave to walk through Sauls lands and alone at that. This made Eclipse feel happy her cousin trusted her this much. It was the respect she had for him that she would pass through alone and not hunt in their lands, but to see where he lived made her happy, and though she wanted to explore everything she knew she would have to go straight across so she had picked the best area that she could see the most of their lands in. She knew how protective Ichika and Dahlia were of their packs and she knew this truely was an honor to move into a pack she did not belong in. Hopefully no one would hurt her. She had Sauls word alone and if they didn’t believe her... then there would be trouble and hopefully the kind that would bring her to her cousin again so that she could be pardoned and leave.

She had made it through, enjoying the sights, though one in particular caught her as she moved to them. The largest lake she had seen. She had seen the ocean but this was saltless water just sitting there! Her tail wagged as she shifted her traveling pack to set down. Drinking was not an offense to a pack, there was plenty of water here. She kneeled to the ground and cupped her hands, taking in the wateer that seeped into her furred hands and cooled the pads of her palms and then she drank, taking in the near freezing taste. It was good water, and she looked out over the reflecting water to see that there was an over growth of something and upon deeper inspection she saw it was unmanagable tangle of grapevines. She only knew because she had them at both of her old homes. She smiled thinking about eating a grape, wishing it was the season for them, but daydreaming was all she could do here for the leaves were finally just starting to bud from the mass of vines. The horse that had been following her nickered. Eclipse looked at the mare, the mare that was full of baby. Eclipse knew she should really get the horse moving to a good location to have her foal. The mare was large, and Eclipse couldn’t understand how she could walk but she could. Eclipse smiled at the mare and came closer. The mare took a step back, and folded her ears back. Eclipse sighed in exasperation.

“What is your problem? You follow me around and for what? I don’t even feed you!”

The girl said, holding out her arms to show the horse she had no horse food. The horse snorted and moved to the lake to drink. Eclipse looked at the horse with a “whatever” expression on her face.
<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 678 // <3 Whoops, I wrote a novel for you!

Colibri was relieved to return to the pack territory from her excursion to the south. Visiting the former lands of Crimson Dreams had been emotionally exhausting, but she had made a new friend and collected what she came for. The saddlebag she borrowed from Saul's supplies was carefully laden with apple seedlings and a few precious flowers, roots intact. It had been a long and harrowing walk back, trying to keep them safe and stay clear of any loners or pack scouts on the way. Seeing the tall pine trees of the Vinátta grove soaring on the horizon filled her with a strange sense of pride, something foreign to the often malcontent wolf.

Once she returned to her small windowless house and stole a quick nap, she had spent the day delicately planting her little garden into the hill surrounding her submerged home. The flowers were a bit bruised and wilted despite her best efforts to travel slowly, so she determined that carrying them some water would be the best way to get them to perk up. They were more than just plants to her; they were a piece of her old life. It might be worth a second journey to Flander's field, to see if any of Dahlia de Mai's flowers could come join her up north as well. The apple seedlings and cuttings could wait a little longer, since she intended to bring them to the old vineyard and see if she could get them to root there. In a few years, they could be producing grape wine and apple cider.

Coli stretched, feeling stiff from all the walking she had done in the past several days. She was not particularly athletic, so the exertion had taken a toll on her. After she watered her flowers, she would probably sleep some more; no one appeared to have missed her when she was gone. The lean Optime stood, brushing the dirt from her knees and elbows, before picking up the wineskin canteen she had borrowed. She used to use a battered old tea kettle to water her plants, but she had lost it years ago when she fled Crimson Dreams. She had considered searching for it during her visit, but it was better off forgotten; a relic of the past she did not need to cling to. Besides... she hoped it already had an owner, one who wouldn't have left it there like she did.

Sunlight was warm on her earth-brown fur, making for a pleasant walk towards the lake. Coli had been too reserved at first to do much exploring by herself -- everything here was still so new to her, but she was getting more comfortable with the lay of the land. She saw the light glimmering off the surface of the water, a sight she always enjoyed. As she drew nearer, though, she saw she was not alone; there was a rather wide and ungainly chestnut horse drinking from the lake, accompanied by a slight female wolf Coli did not recognize. Her scent was faint in the air, masked by the horse's odor. Coli frowned, fingering the wineskin bottle she held in her hands. Was this girl a new member, or just a passerby? In the past, she would have avoided encounters like this, but she was trying to be more responsible now. Besides, if this female was trouble, a quick howl would bring the whole Stormbringer clan running to her aid. Their family was fiercely loyal, and somehow she had been accepted into their fold.

"Hello there," Colibri called calmly as she reached the lakeshore, dipping her bottle into the cool water to let it fill. She tried to remain nonchalant, but her nerves were tensed, ready to react if the stranger bolted or attacked. A cursory glance made her hesitate, though -- there was something very familiar about the warm chocolate hues in the young female's pelt, her long brown mane falling loose and free. If anything, she looked like a younger and happier Coli; prettier than she had ever been, too.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 318 OOC: She sees conor in her because he has nearly same exact coloring hahhaa Smile

Blue eyes that showed here and there with the purple of her father turned to the approaching woman who acknowledged Eclipse.Eclipse jumped a little but stayed where she was. She was scared only because she didn’t know what the new woman was here for or if she even knew she was allowed into the packlands. She watched quietly as the woman filled her bottle. Something seemed so familiar about the woman. Her colors... where had she seen them before.

“H-hello... um Have we met before?”

This was a little rude but Eclipse couldn’t help but tell there was something oddly familiar about both the shade of her fur, and her underbelly, as well as the scent. Of course it mingled in with the scent of the new pack, and this somehow bothered the girl. No female came to mind. Then she looked down embarrassed. Perhaps she had met her in passing, or that she did know her, but would recognize her by her name.

“I am sorry. I am being rude, m- my name is Eclipse Soulstorm, my cousin. Saul, he is allowing me to pass through and see his lands before I go south.”

The young woman said shyly. She stepped closer to Grace. Although she knew she couldn’t just ride off on a pregnant horse anyway, she she did feel much more safe beside her since Grace had already saved her life once. The horse nickered and looked toward the new woman with one bright eye. It was hard to tell if the horse was scrutinizing the woman or not for it always wore the same expression, as though a sad had run through the mare for so long that it was impossible to be happy again. Eclipse waited, hoping the woman would believe her. After all it was her word and Saul wasn’t even here.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 381 // <3 Awww...!

Horses were strange, unfamiliar beasts that made her uneasy. Alder had introduced her to one, a huge black and white stallion; Saul had led two large steeds burdened with their packs when they moved here. Coli had not liked any of them so far, but this mare seemed the least threatening. Her scent was heavy in the air, rich with the hormones of a late pregnancy. She would surely drop her foal very soon, ending the uncomfortable period of her swollen belly. Coli kept a wary eye on her as she filled her bottle with lake water, making sure the horse was not going to nip at her, but largely deciding to ignore her and focus on her wolf partner.

When the wineskin was full, Coli straightened, letting her loose hair fall back from her shoulders as she faced the other wolf. They were a similar height, she and this visitor, and the unique color of her lovely eyes stirred some half-forgotten recollection. The clear blue mirrored her own, but there were facets of violet, a rare shade she had only seen in one other... "I don't... think we've met before," she replied haltingly, feeling the same sense of déjà vu. She could clearly see the age difference between them, and she had not met many wolves since her return to the northeastern coastline. She listened patiently as the young woman continued, focusing intently on her melodic voice.

"Soulstorm? As in the Soul and Stormbringer families?" she quickly asked, taking a pace forward. The only Soulstorm in existence was her half-sister Lilin, or so she had thought -- Lilin had no full siblings, and had not mentioned anyone else using the unique surname. But here before her stood a relative of Saul's, who must also be a relative of Colibri... Haku's genes so strongly resonated in the warm brown fur they both shared, in the blue of their eyes. But this sweet-sounding female, Eclipse, was too young to be a sibling of hers... "M-my name is Colibri Haki, I'm... part of the Soul family," she explained after a moment's hesitation, offering a weak smile to try and ease the tension between them. Was it possible she had found another dear family member, one untouched by the darkness in their legacy?

<style type="text/css">
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 249 OOC: Eclipse has to learn about rumor and truth still apparently lol.

Eclipse folded her ears back slightly in disappointment when the woman said they hadn’t met though they returned when the woman asked about Eclipse’s surname. She shrugged and not feeling she should have anything to fear from the woman she spoke.

“Yes, Saul did mention Lilin being here, she’s a relative of mine too, but my dad and mom are not hers... My mom is Bris Stormbringer and my dad, he was Conor Soul. He and my mom decided to put the names together.”

She said. The woman introduced herself as Colibri Haki, but she was a part of the soul family. Eclipse gave the woman a worried look, not sure what to make of her, she seemed so nice, so were the rumors possibly wrong about her family? All she really had to go by was her father abandoning her and her mother as well, was that all this was about, abandonment issues?

“So then we are related?”

She asked, wondering how close they were. The woman did look familiar that was for sure. The fur color they shared was unique in its own way. Perhaps she knew since Eclipse told her about her own father. Perhaps another cousin like Saul, or a distant relative like Lilin. She still felt a bit apprehensive about finding another family member. She didn’t know her. Not like she did Saul, and from what she had heard, the souls line was rather... violent.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 491 // Aww! She's so cute and innocent~ 8)

If Eclipse knew Lilin personally, then perhaps it would soften the mention of Haku; though his ghost was fading from this land, there were still many whom he had wronged, striking fear into their hearts from beyond his shallow grave. She herself had suffered much at his hands -- losing her tail, her confidence, even her maidenhood -- and she still hated saying his name aloud, as though he would wreak some posthumous revenge if she invoked it. "I'm Haku Soul's daughter, which makes me Lilin's half-sister," she elaborated, setting her ears back anxiously. It was not with any semblance of honor that she mentioned the Soul patriarch's name, but simply for the sake of recognition. And when Eclipse mentioned her parents by name, suddenly it all fell together.

This must have been what Mew Sadira had felt, meeting her niece for the first time in Dahlia de Mai. Coli found herself openly staring, suddenly recognizing the familiar hues in Eclipse's pelt, the purple tint to her lovely irises, the softness in her voice. There was no doubt in her mind, this had to be Conor's daughter. She had no idea that he had taken a mate, started a family... In every way, he had been better than her, and she could not have been more proud of him. "Conor Soul is... was... my little brother," she said haltingly, a mixture of pride and sadness in her expression. They had different mothers, but she preferred to see him as her closest relative. She had only learned recently of her brother's death at the hands of someone named Itachi Lykoi, and it deeply disturbed her to know that his life had been cut short in such a brutal and undeserving way. She wished she could have spent more time with him, gotten to know him as an adult and a leader, but most of her memories were him as a young and frightened child. She just wanted to protect him. And now, there was some vestige of his soul remaining on this earth, reincarnated into his lovely young daughter.

"Eclipse, you're my niece, I'm your aunt!" she exclaimed with uncharacteristic excitement, touching her fingers to her lips to hide the broadening smile. "How long will you be staying here? How far south are you traveling?" With so much family here, Eclipse must be considering joining their pack, why else would she want to see their beautiful fledgeling Vinátta? They could spend so much time together, and Coli could right the wrong she had unwittingly committed by being absent from so much of Conor's life -- she could forge a bond with Eclipse, and protect her dear brother's family. She had never met Bris Stormbringer, but if Conor had loved her, surely Coli would have as well. Her tail stub flicked in a happy rhythm, and she would have hugged the girl if she did not have her own aversions to contact.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 423 OOC: Poor Colibri!! I have a feeling she's gonna be a lil devistated by eclipse's response lol.

She had different experiences with the name Haku, first it had been talked about by a woman who had worshiped him, and when she met Lilin she had not known what the man was, no it was after that she had found out he was nothing but a killer, and that she was a part of that blood, that she shared his coloring, like Colibri did, though Eclipse was a granddaughter rather than his outright daughter like Colibri. She listened to the woman explain she was Haku’s daughter, which meant that Conor was her brother and she was Eclipse’s aunt. Eclipse was frozen, worry was in her eyes as she looked at the kind woman that had greeted her. She was scared and yet Colibri didn’t seem like she wanted to hurt Eclipse.

“He left me... He ran away and left me and my mom. He had not been my dad since then... just a memory of someone I loved very much.”

Eclipse said. In fact when he was around she worshiped him. She was a daddy’s girl. Her mother had been her mother, but her father had been far more to her, so when he left, she was left broken. She had only been a few months old then. She couldn’t take care of herself, but she still ran away so that no one else could hurt her again. Even went from family to family, never staying long to get too attached to them until she met Saul again after she ran off. She did not know that Itachi was Conor’s killer, nor that Itachi was also Conor’s son and her half brother. That much was a secret to her still. The excitement that Colibri showed about Eclipse possibly making a stay here longer than passing through made Eclipse’s heart shrivel up. She looked down so she didn’t have to see the disappointment in the woman’s eyes.

“I’m not staying long. I’m just passing through. I... I have to find my own way and Saul has always spoiled me so, I think it’s about time I tried to take care of myself. I need to find this mare’s master before she drops so I won’t be here for very long, but perhaps you can walk with us to the border? I would like to get to know you a little more. It’s not every day I find more family.”

She sounded a little excited, but her usual enthusiasm for such things was dead to her at the moment. She had learned far too much and the girl was naive enough to listen to rumors as well as truth and didn’t think such lies could get mixed up into tall tales about those that had lived once before.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 518 // Ahh, she got shot down... ;n; Poor dear!

Colibri's happy excitement caused her to miss the subtle way Eclipse grew still, the wariness in her gaze. She just felt the heavy weight on her shoulders lighten a bit; Conor was not erased from this world, part of him could still be with her. Saul had mentioned that Itachi was also Conor's child, but Coli refused to believe that it was possible. Even she did not possess the rancor necessary to want to kill her own sire, and he had been a monster. How could anyone wish to harm dear sweet Conor Soul, especially if he was their father?

Her blind affection faltered for a moment as Eclipse spoke next, revealing that not all had been perfect in their family. Coli was unsure how to respond to that -- he must have had a good reason, he was not the type to abandon responsibility. He had become an alpha at such a young age, because he had good judgment and was easy to trust. And again, she was reminded of an echo of Mew Sadira -- her aunt had been blind to Haku's flaws, refusing to even listen to the truth about her brother. Was that what she had become, too? "He... he was someone I loved very much, too... I'm... sorry for what happened, I truly am." She wanted to defend his actions aloud, but found that she could not; she did not know who he was as a grown man, and it wasn't fair to claim that she knew him better than his own daughter.

Crestfallen, Coli's ears drooped, expressive blue eyes registering confusion and hurt. Eclipse had already made up her mind to leave...? The desire to find one's own path away from family that made life too easy -- that need was completely foreign to Colibri, whose family had mostly served to make her life miserable. Her emotional growth was stunted by the abuse her father had rained down on her, making it very difficult for her to want to leave anyone who actually wanted to take care of her. She could already see that Eclipse was more independent than she could ever be, which was something she must have learned or inherited from brave little Conor. Even if she could not understand the decision, she would have to respect her niece's willpower.

"I... I can walk with you, of course," she said after a moment, trying to force a weak smile. She didn't want Eclipse to never return, of course; maybe her journey would lead her back here, and they would still have a chance to bond. "Just... don't take your family for granted. You and I both know they won't be around forever." It was a sad reminder of poor Conor's fate; had Coli known her brother was fated to die young, she would have returned to his side instead of breaking ties with everyone and vanishing. She did not want Eclipse to make the same mistakes she had, and be forced to carry the same regrets. She deserved better than her predecessors -- she was the new generation, the future.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 434 OOC:

Eclipse wished she took back everything she said, but it was her personality that called for her blunt accounts of what she was thinking at that moment. She looked down feeling bad she hurt her aunt’s feelings. She must have been close to Conor and it seemed wanted to get to know Eclipse as well. The girl looked over at Colibri with eyes that said sorry, she didn’t know how to sooth a soul this down.

“My dad, he was a great man, they were harsh words, I’m sorry, I was abandoned not just by him but my mom, and it hasn’t been easy to get over.”

She was not in lack for love, the young woman had many different mother figures even a bear that had thought she was a wolf took care of her for a short while, but Eclipse’s inability to move on and let anyone attach to her until Saul snapped her out of it all. Even now though she didn’t wish to get too close and mostly due to old habits, but she didn’t like that her own family was so very sad that she wouldn’t stay. She smiled at the woman as she began talking.

“I have learned to keep my family here. Even Saul lost his way when his mate ran away; but he was here and will remain so no matter where I am. I love my family and I don’t wish any ill on them, but I am also my own person. I hope to do something without a paw underneath me. Though I’ll visit if that’s ok.”

She said. She wouldn’t be able to visit soon after she found a pack to live in, but she wouldn’t take forever and as she promised she would write to Saul when he did and she would send a bird with a message if he didn’t. Grace followed the young woman without so much as a provocation. Perhaps she knew that Eclipse was going to show herto her master again? Whatever the reason her being there wasn’t good enough, but Colibri would make the journey better, at least Eclipse hoped she would.

“Do you travel often? Is that why I’ve never met you?”

She asked trying to make it less hard for the woman. She was her aunt and Eclipse now seeing nothing openly wrong with the woman was very interested in her. She would judge who was crazy or not, at least try. The young girl didn’t have much experience at such things.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 570

Coli glanced dolefully at her niece, surprised to see the apologetic look on her face. Did she actually feel guilty? That was such a sweet sentiment. She should know that Coli struggled with depression, and almost anything could spiral her into the melancholy state she found herself in now. But the gentle atonement she was offered was enough to get her to perk up again, if only a little. "Sweetheart, there's no reason to apologize for how you feel... I can relate to that, my mother died giving birth to me, and my father was abusive in many ways. At least you can cherish the happy memories you have of parents who loved you." They had both endured much heartache, and again Coli felt the impulse to hug the girl, though she refrained from doing so.

Eclipse spoke from her heart, strong words that showed an independent and willful spirit. Coli openly stared, amazed at how mature this young adult was. Despite whatever abandonment she had suffered as a child, Eclipse had grown into an amazing woman, one who did not need anyone to hold her hand or protect her. Coli felt foolish for having assumed she would be able to teach Eclipse anything -- her niece was a third of her age, and had already learned more about how to live for herself than Coli could ever comprehend. In that moment, she was reminded not just of Conor, but of Conor's dam, Eclipse's grandmother. Coli had no love lost for Firefly Sadira, but that woman had more spitfire in her than any other wolf she knew. A rueful smile twisted on her muzzle, and she shook her head in wry amusement. "Of course you can visit, please do. And share your accomplishments with us! You seem like the type that can do anything you set your mind to. I can't wait to see."

They began walking side by side, Coli carrying her bottle of water for the garden, Eclipse leading her horse. Coli eyed the horse again with mistrust, making sure she was not within range of a nip or a kick. She still did not like the beasts of burden, despite the establishment of Vinátta's stable. Her niece offered her an easy question, and she gazed up at the clear skies as she formulated a response. "Yes, I suppose you could say that... I lived on my own for close to two years before coming here and finding Lilin. Before that I tried living in several packs... I was a part of Dahlia de Mai when Conor and Emwe were born, and stayed there until Haku drove us to war. That pushed me to Crimson Dreams, but I had a... a falling out, and ended up leaving there too." It was a weak history, one that showed her many failings. She was a timid creature, one prone to cowardice, and ran away whenever there was conflict. She wanted Eclipse to have some sort of favorable opinion of her, though, and glossed over the exact details. "And you, you sound as though you've been traveling too? Found anything interesting?" She smiled, finding Eclipse's gaze again. She desperately wanted the girl to stay, but there was nothing she could say to sway such a mindset. The best she could do would be to learn as much as she could for now, and hope her brother's daughter would visit soon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 527 OOC:

Her words helped Eclipse shape her own family history. So it was true Haku was abusive, though Eclipse had gotten that he was more than just that but she said not a word. Eclipse felt a little worse as Colibri spoke. She did have happy memories to hold onto... no matter how much they hurt to remember them, she had them. Colibri didn’t. This made Eclipse’s heart go out to her aunt. She smiled thankfully at the older, and far wiser woman.

Eclipse had to hold her own and she knew it, she had been doing so since she was a puppy. She made many mistakes, some others would never know that would be held inside the girls heart forever, and others that were plain as day. Her life had been short but she had to learn quickly or she would die. She unwittingly learned how to use other wolves emotions against them to find loving homes for a short while before heading off to do the same to some poor other soul. Eclipse had always wondered if that wasn’t as bad as killing someone. She probably broke many hearts when she left each and every mother that had taken care of her.

“I will. Perhaps when I come I’ll cook you up something really nice from my own garden and all. That would be a while, I don’t really have a place for one... I use to... but I can’t go back.”

She said, she did miss her garden, but the pack that was now gone... she missed even more. Then as the woman spoke Eclipse felt an even deeper bond. She too seemed to have trouble living in other packs. She was born in Dahlia so the mention of it made Eclipse’s tail wag, though when she found it again, they were gone not a trace of them could be found. She had been devistated but she did not let herself show it to even her own self. She too had lived in Crimson Dreams, but only for a short while until Saul came and convinced her to come with him and told her her family had only moved and didn’t break up. Dahlia was then Ichika. So much had happened in such a short time.... Ichika didn’t even live a year before it departed. She smiled at the woman’s question.

“I have been to many many places I guess...I have learned things change far too quickly for me, even now. Though I learned a lot a bout cooking and since it never changes it’s something I can go by. I like making different flavors of meat. I’m not sure if that’s what you mean though. I have met many wolves and other creatures, and it’s hard to say what I think of the world these days. It seems dark and unkind at the moment....”

She admitted. She wasn’t sure exactly what her aunt wanted to know so she gave examples of what she learned throughout her life... it was the best the young girl cold do. She was smart but very socially uneducated.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

wc: 517

"You garden...?" Coli breathed incredulously, clutching her water bottle with growing excitement. "Th-that's what I do, my talent! I've only been able to start up again recently, since I have a home now, but I've been raising plants on and off again for years..." What an amazing coincidence - or possibly even a hereditary trait of some sort - that both females shared a green thumb. Coli always felt an immediate connection to those who loved the soil and sunlight the way she did, and it made her heart soar to know that she had something so profound in common with her niece. She also knew what it felt like to leave her garden behind after all the effort and time spent helping it flourish, and she offered a sympathetic smile at Eclipse's words. "I would love to try your cooking, that would mean a lot to me. Next time you visit, it could be like a party, food and drinks and stories to share!" Coli's docked tail flicked behind her, waving a happy rhythm. For now, at least, Eclipse's presence had uplifted her from the gloom of depression. She really liked the girl, not just because of her lineage, and hoped fervently that her niece felt something similar.

Eclipse proved her maturity again, revealing through her observations that she was wise beyond her years. It struck a chord, her descriptions of seeing everything change too quickly, of all the places and faces that passed her by. "When you live on your own, it's hard to see the world as anything but dark," Coli replied somberly, rubbing the thin scars that encircled her wrists. It was a dangerous way of life for a lone female, and no matter how defensive or cautious she was, she still fell victim to the cruelty of others. She could never truly feel safe anywhere, but within the confines of a pack was the best safety net she could hope for, and this one had the potential to last her a long time. "I know it can be hard to trust others, but... pack life is still safer than living as a loner. I'm really trying to make it work this time around," she added with a wry smile, knowing that her past failures at being a part of the community were largely her own fault. The inability to open up and trust others had created a rift between her and her packmates, making her feel unwelcome and driving her to desert them. It was a cycle she needed to break.

"Are you looking to join a different pack from this one, or will you continue on your own?" She asked carefully, hoping she could steer the girl towards the safer option. Eclipse seemed so headstrong and independent, she could easily choose to continue traveling endlessly, but it filled her with anxiety to imagine the pretty young wolf wandering without any way to protect herself. It was a bleak existence, one fraught with danger and instability, and not one she would wish upon her niece. She just wanted Eclipse to find happiness.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 338 OOC: We can end this, and Eclipse can come up again and we can has fresh new thread with news of stuffs and good cooking and laughing and fuuun!

Eclipse was shocked at the reaction to what Eclipse had said. Colibri seemed in near shock just by her mentioning having or wanting to have at least, a garden. Well she supposed it would be surprising, not many wolves liked to tend plants. Most think it is just used for rabbit food. Eclipse saw it as much more. She saw it as a part of life and just being out tending to a garden was just as good as hunting for a deer. She got satisfaction and from her work many others did. So as Colibri explained she did that too Eclipse brightened up. They both had something in common, surely that was something good and Eclipse let her tail wag freely.

“Oh... it’s nice to get your hands dirty. I still am learning though. It’s been quite an experience. And I’ll try to come back as soon as I can. After I get settled in.”

Eclipse said happily.She did want to visit as much as she could. They did live far enough away but still close enough for a visit here and there. SHe could at least do that every once in a while. The woman had words of wisdom for Eclipse and she nodded and listened, keeping an open mind.

“I’m hoping to find a pack. I will join whichever one I think is best for me, Saul said cercatori has Jace, and I know that it’s a real nice place. I might try there first.”

She said. She had that pack on her mind because of it’s entire existance, but the thought that someone she knew lived there made it all the better to try out. She wasn’t sure what the wolves would be like and she was afraid she wouldn’t be accepted for one reason or another, but she figured she could try and it was near that pack that had the horses owner. She thought that was a win win situation right there!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

You can post again if you want, or just close this after you've read it~ and poke me when you want the next thread! Coli will so be that relative who always asks "when will you have kids?" xD

wc: 524

Coli listened happily as her niece spoke of getting her hands dirty, a sentiment the two of them shared. It had been such a weight off her shoulders to be able to cultivate plants again, after so many seasons of living homeless. "Once you settle down, and come back here to visit... I can give you some flowers to start a new garden, in exchange for your cooking. I collect them from the woods and fields, and plant them around my house - I would love to share some with you," she offered, pleased she had a way to reciprocate. Gardening brought her peace, a meditative state in which her many anxieties melted away from her. She would share that with everyone who wanted it, the gentle patience required of those who tended the earth. She was only just starting out here in the new pack, but eventually the land would bear her mark, shaped by her diligent care.

"Cercatori... I'm afraid I don't know anything about them, but I could always try to visit you there, if that's where you choose to stay. You'll have to let me know," she added with a little smile, hoping they really were a nice place to stay, like Dahlia de Mai used to be, like Vinátta was trying to become. They needed these bastions of peace, bulwarks against the lawlessness and depravity that lurked in neutral territory. It was a dark world, to be sure, but they could protect and preserve the goodness in those like Eclipse if she could be sheltered within a community. Colibri had waited far too long to learn that lesson for herself, but if she could impart it to another with her same problem, perhaps she could serve a useful purpose after all.

In what felt like no time at all, their gentle stroll led them close to Vinátta's border, the tall pine trees perfuming the air with their aromatic scent. Coli could not help but feel lucky for having met Eclipse, a wandering soul that did not seem to stay in any one place for long -- it was chance they had encountered each other like this. Her feelings about Conor, so tumultuous and twisted since she learned of his murder, were finally unraveling into something she could understand and accept. His death was a terrible blow, but knowing he lived on through his daughter made it less painful, gave her something positive to focus on. It was bittersweet to know that Eclipse would never reside in the same pack as her, but it was enough to know she was out there. Her niece was such an incredible wolf, so brave and admirable and lovely. The Soulstorm name was truly something special, elevating both Eclipse and Lilin above the muddied waters of their heritage, bestowing pride and dignity upon those two young women so dear to Coli. She was lucky to have met them both.

"Thanks for taking the time to talk with me," she murmured softly, genuinely touched. "If you ever need anything at all, I'll be there for you... Eclipse. Good luck finding your new home."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]