Lose some, Gain some
[html]
WC: 308 OOC: Can this be set for the 30th? also Eclipse is optime and it's mid to late afternoon. Let me know if i should change anything

It had been a very long time since Eclipse had been anywhere near AniWaya and the last time she was a pup and trespassing. Of course it was Foxglove Monroe who found her and lectured her about how rude it was just to walk into somebody else’s lands, but at the time the girl was oblivious to borders. Now here she was a full grown woman coming to the fences that marked much of the AniWayan borders. That lesson had stuck and she long since learned the value of stopping at the borders and calling out for permission. She was here to bear good tidings to a woman and bad news for Eclipse herself. She couldn’t help but get use to the mare or the colt even though they had been in her life for a week. The mare must have been in this Liliana woman’s life for longer than that at least. Years maybe and she was probably frantic to get the horse back. Taking a deep breath she called across the borders for the woman named Liliana, baring news she might like very much.

She sighed and looked at the fence. She left the horses back in d’Arte because she didn’t know how long the colt could walk and she was sure there was some way to transport the baby. She would let the woman know and they could get them together or something. Eclipse just wanted an excuse to hold onto them longer. They were a great addition to her life so she was very reluctant but knew it would bug her if she didn’t do this. This was the right thing to do and that’s what she kept telling herself as she had come here and what she continued to say in her head as she waited for the woman to come.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
That's fine! (WC: 332)
[html]
[/html]Claudius had been, as normally was, out searching for new plants. He’d found a number of flowers that would be most useful for his dyes. He had also managed to scavenge the bones of a dead fox. He had a number of stone knives in his den that he could use to fashion the bones into some sort of tool or weapon. Picking apart the fox to get its bones had been tedious, but since it had been almost completely picked apart by scavengers, it hadn’t taken him too long. He kept the bones, which he had licked clean, in his rough leather bag that was currently slung over his shoulder. As he straightened up to continue his hunt for more plants, he heard a call from the borders. He listened intently to the message and found himself frowning as he tried to understand the howl. Who was this wolf, seeking Liliana, when she was many months dead? Claudius wondered if this wolf was playing some sort of joke or if she didn’t really know that Liliana was dead. Either way, it was his duty as the Representative in the tribe.

He howled a response and then set off toward the borders. Since his den was so far southeast in the pack territory, it did not take him long to reach the newcomer on two feet. He trekked through the forests and passed by the winding rivers and streamed that cut through the tribelands with acquired familiarity. Once he arrived, he raised his one red hand in greeting.

“Huh-hu-hello,” he said once he drew closer. The sun reflected off the woman’s coat, making the brown shades stand out in the light. “I-I-I’m Cuh-cuh-Claudius… Aston, a… sub-leader here… and I wa-was fuh-f-f-friend… of… Liliana’s… wuh… what… do you seek… here?” As was customary for the pale wolf, he drew his brows together in an expression of concern. He really hoped that he would not have to break the bad news to this lady. [html]
[/html]
[html]
WC: 251 OOC:

Eclipse waited patiently and was answered by a returning call, but it was not of a female, but male. Eclipse frowned a little, unsure of how to take this, perhaps she was out, or she left? Whatever the case she would find this Liliana and give her the horse. Well unless it was far off enough that Eclipse couldn’t make the journey. She would hold onto the animals until the woman got back.

After his initial call to answer hers it didn’t take long at all for a white wolf to come through her line of sight. The thought made her think of her mother and wonder where she was. This was a male though and as he greeted her she tilted her head in concern, was he afraid of her? Why such a ruckus with the voice? She wasn’t that scary was she?

“Hello, I am sorry to bother you, I really was hoping that I could see Liliana. It’s about her horses. Well her horse and her horse’s baby. I found her... well she found me and my cousin said that Liliana was her owner and so did the leader of Cercatori. I was hoping she would be here.”

She said her voice tilting up questioningly as she gave the man an inquisitive look. the word “was” didn’t go over looked. Perhaps the woman had moved off after losing her horse... Whatever the case may be she would hear the answer from him.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Just as quickly as Claudius had summoned his smile, it disappeared. The mention of Liliana, as if she were still alive, dashed away his jovial mood. He quickly assumed an expression of deep concentration, without meaning to, as he tried to figure out a way to explain what had happened to the wonderful woman. Claudius didn’t know how well this woman knew Liliana; he could only guess that she had been given a name and nothing else. At least then the pain would be less personal.

“I-I’m suh-sorry, muh-miss,” he replied slowly. “Buh-but Li-luh-liliana… died… wuh-when she luh-left AniWuh-waya and was in Cuh-Crimson… Dreams. I’m… I’m sorry, buh-but… I do-o-on’t know… wuh-where h-uh-e-er muh-mate or… her… childre-e-e-en… are.” He lowered his eyes after he finished speaking because he couldn’t bear to see what she did, said, or felt. He thought it was far too private and he should by no means be intruding on her if this was a difficult thing. Sorrow, he felt, was always a personal matter and something he never wanted to intrude upon. [html]
[/html]
[html]
WC: 209 OOC: sorry it's so short Sad

Eclipse knew she said something wrong right away he could see the welcoming smile faid and him retreating inside himself. She folded her ears back unsure if he was angry at her remark or what was going on. She merely wanted to give the horse back. When he finally answered her, she looked at him sad. It was horrible to think that she brought on feeling s of a death she wasn’t sure how long ago it happened but it was like ripping off a scab and opening a wound all over again.

“I- I’m so sorry I didn’t know. I suppose the horses are the tribes now? The mare she had a foal, and she’s been following me since I came back I think she knows i’ll bring her home.”

The woman said, she wanted Grace but she didn’t want to leave any possibilities that the tribe might want to reclaim the horse as its own again. She swallowed hoping she could help the man for it seemed he did know her far more in a personal way than Eclipse could ever know know her. She gathered the woman was good with the mare because she was responsive if not a bit skittish.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
Omnomnom I love short posts so it is ok. (310)
[html]
[/html]Claudius shook his head when the girl began to apologize. It was not her fault in the least and he was just sorry to have to be the one to break it to her. Worse, he felt bad that she hadn’t found out sooner. It always hurt more somehow when you found out that someone you loved had been dead for months or years and the entire time, you had been happily living without them. It always felt like it was wrong or an affront to their memory. Claudius would have rather known and suffered than remain oblivious. He wanted the bitter taste of sorrow thick upon his tongue.

“Yuh, yes, they wuh-would be,” he replied automatically. Then suddenly realizing that if the girl gave him the horses, he would have to take the horses. Oh god. That was absolutely terrifying. And really, if he was thinking rationally, it would be in the best interest of AniWaya to take the horses. That would mean he would have an excuse to talk to Luna, but it also meant, well, having more horses. At the same time, he thought that these horses might mean more to this girl than AniWaya. He would rather give them to her in a gesture of friendship in the memory of Liliana, as a gift from AniWaya to Cercatori d’Arte, since that seemed right. This girl was their family now. Besides, he couldn’t take them and claim them to be the property of the tribe—not after what had happened to Liliana. It would be like spitting upon her pyre. He couldn’t disrespect her like that.

“Buh-but puh-please, kee-ee-eep them. In huh-her memory, ta-a-ake ca-a-are of them… as a guh-gesture… of goodwill… between-een… fuh-friends of Luh-lili-i-ia-a-a-an…na… and buh-between… Ani-Wuh-w-a-aya… and Cercat-tori… d’Arte.” He struggled to say her name, and now, even in his thoughts, he was stuttering. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 217 :: OOC: I derp so hard i didn't see this. It went right past me but here it is my ending. If you want you can reply or archive <3 We gotta do this again soon Wink

She was shocked at his sudden outburst and stutters, trying to piece together everything he said. It was hard to understand him but she got what he meant. Relief spread over the woman. She loved the horses and Grace followed her like a puppy would its mother wanting milk. Why was he so nervous though? She smiled thankfully at the man. Happy and for once feeling the weight of that burden lift off her shoulders. The horses were hers!

“Thank you so much I will take good care of them. I promise. If there is anything I can ever do for you or your pack please just let me know! I am sorry for bringing up bad memories I truly didn’t know.

She said all this in very quick sucession. she was excited, happy to know that the horses were hers and the way he was stuttereing made her think she made him very uncomfortable.

“Just call on me in Cercatori. I will be happy to help. Thank you for your time sir,”

She said, knowing this meeting was over she waved to him adding a good bye to that wave even saying Namaste as she walked back into the woods and away from the borders of AniWaya.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
Whee Big Grin And I agree!
[html]
[/html]Once Claudius was able to spit out what he was trying to say -- that Eclipse could keep the horses -- she visibly brightened and was soon smiling again. He knew how difficult it could be to talk to him, so he figured that her serious expression was one of concentration. He nodded quietly when she said that she would take good care of them. From what he'd seen so far, his first impression was quite good, so he found himself trusting her. He was normally quite wary of those outside of AniWaya and he had a great fear of being duped by someone else, but he didn't think she would try to hurt him. He felt good about this decision.

"Wuh-one da-a-ay, yuh-yes," he replied, smiling. When she bode him farewell, he replied with his own: "guh-goodbye." He watched as she left with the horses and was all at once relieved and happy. He was relieved that they had found a good home and also rather glad that he would not have to bring them to the stables himself. Although really, he could have always asked her to come into the territory to bring the horses to the stables. He knew that his real fear was not of horses, but of the difficult memories of Liliana. He wanted to remember her and honour her memory, so he knew that this was the best way. By spreading her memory to more and more luperci, it meant more would remember her. This seemed to be the most honourable thing to do. [html]
[/html]