things are going my way
[html]

Skoll ran from the woods, a pair of rabbits in his secui jaws. His fluffy tail was held curled over his back, and there was a smile at the edges of his lips. Pride pulsed through his entire creamy-blonde being, although truly he had nothing out of the ordinary to be proud about. It was a vague pride, a way that the prince carried himself always, but it was augmented by the happiness he’d felt this past month.

His excursion with Terra had gone great, even though there had been plenty of close calls that seemed more of a thrill than a terror now that he was safe and sound. He’d learned much and more from his friend, and when he came home, his life continued to improve. His half-sister Amaranth, her mate, and their pups had returned to the Court, and he was happy to watch the family although he hadn’t spoken to them yet. Mostly, he was shy about what he should say; he had been only about a month old when they were around, and while he did remember them, it was hazy.

There was also a new friend in his life, but the squire chose not to think about her as he bolted across the lawn in front of the hotel and came to a halt. Dropping the rabbits, he plopped his rear in the grass and panted happily for a moment, letting the sunshine fall on him and wagging his tail more. Truthfully, he’d only caught one of the rabbits; the other had been snatched from a weasel. Despite its size, it had been fierce enough to kill the prey and left a bite mark on his cheek, but it was only a small pink gash and would likely heal on its own. If it got worse, he’d go see Liam about it.

For now, Skoll grinned and reclined in the grass, dragging one of the rabbits to him and beginning to eat.

Word Count → 328

Secui form.

<style>
.lazyskol {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qa6Q9.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#7e8935; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; color:#243204; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #243204;}
.lazyskol b {color:#d6e092; text-shadow:#243204 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lazyskol p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lazyskol p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #d6e092; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 326 OOC: sorry not the best post. LOL he's in optime, and wearing nothing but a cool smexy leather belt lol

Niro was having setbacks with some of his plans. The floor had not come up in his cave home like he had hoped it would, and it was now sitting in tattered pieces next to the cave, but was being burned as he walked.The birds weren’t being as cooperative as he thought either. None were keen on extra food when their chicks were born, to sustain the good one or ones when they were alive. There had been one consideration but that bird had not answered. It was all Niro could do to scream. That one hope was all he really had and he promised to take care of the bird and make sure he did his best to treat it like his own chick even Marahute put in her own few words. All he could do now is wait, and the best way to do that was to find his sister and see how she was doing. She had already had her puppies and he had tried visiting her a few times with no luck, she was always asleep or out doing something or another, but he was sure to find her this time... he hoped.

It seemed fate had a way of slowing his attempts to see his sister as he noticed his brother in law laying in the middle of the lawn of the hotel chewing on a rabbit. Niro grinned and walked up to him; Marahute in toe, landing on the bannister of the hotel’s porch.

“You’ve gotten quite big there Skoll! You were this big when I saw you last!”

The man now felt old saying that as he held his hands up in a representation of a month old puppy. He grinned jokingly and gave the boy a wink. Marahute gave an answer as well, one that Niro thought to be obvious happiness but to a wolf’s ears it all sounded the same.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

A hazily familiar scent reached the boy even as he nibbled on the first rabbit, tugging out tufts of extra fluff and chewing through to the actual meat. He recognized it as family even before he looked up, his green eyes appraising his elder brother-in-law. The white wolf had always been one the boy had looked up to, even though he hadn’t been quite old enough to understand. As Majordomo, Niro Takekuro used to hold a lot of standing in the pack—that, his golden eagle, and his odd dark blue-black mohawk had always made him stand out in the boy’s mind. Even seeing it now, he couldn’t suppress a grin.

“I know, I’m huge!” Skoll replied to the observation, his tongue lolling from his jaws. His tone was both arrogant and teasing, and he quickly leaped onto all fours with his tail wagging hard and high. He glanced at the bird when she made a sound then ignored her in favor of the returned adult male.

“I missed you, Niro,” the teenager exclaimed, jumping toward him and giving him an affectionate nudge where he could reach in this form. “I know I’ve got new nieces and nephews, but what else is new since you left?” His head cocked, and his mind was hungry for the tale of an adventure. He dreamed of going out and traveling the world again sometime when he was older, even though his little excursion with Terra would keep that wanderlust at bay for a while yet. And, of course, he would always return home.

Word Count → 260

As before, sorry for the unusually long wait. >__>

<style>
.lazyskol {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qa6Q9.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#7e8935; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; color:#243204; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #243204;}
.lazyskol b {color:#d6e092; text-shadow:#243204 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lazyskol p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #d6e092; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 361 OOC: Looots of babbling sorry hahhaha..

Niro grinned at the greeting towards him. He couldn’t help but laugh at the boy’s cocky words, which was probably bad because that would give him more insight to do such things, but he was old enough to know when to stop. Niro let himself sit on the steps so that the boy didn’t have to look up at him and looked over at the man.

“Well I think my paws are a bit more cracked. We never really visited any other wolf habitat. Amaranth wanted it to be us, but I must say the lands to the west are gorgeous! there’s so much land, and someimes at night you see the colors in the sky so brightly that they are like waves of the ocean over head.”

He said re accounting his vision of the aurora borialis. It was said sometimes it could be seen this far south, but he himself had never seen it, but the more west they went the clearer it had become. Even the night the pups were born the lights in the sky swam over them. Niro took that as a good omen. One that Niro took to mean the pups would be just as sucessful and happy and alive as his other children. They had lost two girls with Jiva’s litter, and he didn’t know if any puppies were lost with Lolita’s litter, but Heiro and Tasha were the only two that Amaranth bore and both were perfectly healthy. A great sign considering, one that made it so that Amaranth would be a far better mother in the beginning.

“we even saw these pure white bears! It was an amazing journey, though I find myself very happy to be home again.”

Niro smiled. He was happy at that, though they had to renew their cave home and establish themselves in the pack again, he was just happy for moment’s like these. Even if his want was to see his sister, there were others that he didn’t mind a visit from. She was in the pack and that was all that mattered most to the man.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Cockiness would probably serve as one of the boy’s flaws, but right now it only made him confident and healthy in his self-esteem, if a bit prone to boasting. It was a childish trait, anyway, something that would be tempered by worldly experience; he simply hadn’t lived long enough yet to know when to be serious. It was clear who was the alpha in his litter, though, and it hinted at one who could learn to be a leader once he grew and had a chance to lead.

The smug light in his eyes shifted when the white wolf began his tale, and the prince looked like a small child again as he sat and pricked his ears forward. He would have liked to meet other luperci on a journey like that, but the image of colors waving in the sky like a second sea made him grin. “Like a rainbow?” he asked, wondering if the daytime phenomenon would be overshadowed by these strange sky-colors. It reminded him of Hati and his secret night-world.

“White bears?” Skoll’s tongue lolled in a grin. “Did you steal food from them? Terra and I fought a bear, but it was only an old brown one, with bad eyes.” He didn’t mean to put down the adult’s claims, and he was trying to imagine a snow bear, but his own experience burst from his mouth anyway. He hopped up again and sniffed the other, as if the journey would have rubbed something off on him. His tail wagged as he caught the scent of Niro’s family.

“What are Heiro and Tasha like? I haven’t really met them yet,” the boy admitted. He liked other children, however, even if they were young. He’d liked Kace a lot before she disappeared, maybe changing her mind about living with a pack. It simply got boring with only his siblings around, and he liked the idea of teaching the new puppies and being a role model for them.

Word Count → 330

I rambled for rambling's sake, so no worry. x3

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 469 OOC: I write you novels Big Grin

Niro grinned at the young man as he asked if it was like a rainbow. Niro didn’t have to think long before shaking his head a little.

“It was very colorful but it didn’t look exactly like the colored rainbows, most of the time they were a green color, but we saw some purple and red some nights. It just waved into the sky. It really was something else. Something I could never explain.”

Just thinking about the colored sky made Niro go into a short daydream seeing the first one when his pups were born and knowing it was a good omen for both him and his mate and the two pups that were born to them. He was a happy man, grateful for such a loving family. He burst out laughing at Skoll, though in the back of his mind he did not see the entire fun in a hard at seeing bear but it was the only way to get a meal from one. He shook his head.

“No, these bears they were larger than me even when I am in Optime. They are powerful creatures and great fishers though. We kept our distance from the powerful animals. Besides I can provide food for my family without endangering myself as much.”

He said. He didn’t harass any other animal to get their food. He was a proud hunter. Though his words weren’t meant to sting the other one, it was more for his own ego that he wanted to keep clean. He had scavanged from other wolves but those were the days of hunger when he was just barely learning how to hunt by himself to feed him and his sister. In the bad days.

“Ah they are a lively bunch. Heiro is the trouble maker, he likes doing things that he doesn’t understand could hurt others or himself, but he’s a good boy. He’s definitely rambunctious. As for Tasha, she likes the birds, and is very playful too and quite curious. It’s not easy keeping the two out of trouble. Especially Heiro, if we aren’t making him do something he’s trying to look for trouble.”

The man chuckled. He didn’t think Heiro was a bad child, but he was a challange to take care of like any other pup. Jiva had been a handful of his own way too. they had gotten into their own fights. Maggie had been the worst one, but he didn’t blame her. After being asked who to choose and she picked him on a whim, she felt abandoned afterward and he felt horrible that she could feel such a way. He tried all he could to be the best father no matter how rebellious she had been.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

“I like green,” Skoll decided childishly. He knew he’d be dreaming about the lights, although he doubted that his imagination and the reality would ever match up.

The snow-white bears sounded a lot more formidable than the ones in the Nova Scotian forests, which weren’t that much larger than most optime wolves despite their thick fur and bulk. He doubted he’d ever want to fight one of those, and he looked down sheepishly when Niro pointed out that he’d been able to hunt for himself. He wasn’t so sensitive that he’d think his words were a jab, but he felt like defending himself all the same, his tone that of slightly stung pride.

“It was Terra’s idea, really; she just kinda jumped at it and I had to do something or it’d chomp her in half! I want to be a really good hunter, but I guess—well, most of what Terra showed me was trickster stuff. Useful in case I’m trapped all alone in the wild though. And—well, yeah, running around the bear was fun too,” he admitted, his tail drooping although he was somewhat amused at this harmless brand of cruelty. The two canines didn’t eat all of the bear’s meal, too; it could have easily come back to finish what was left, or so he told himself.

His own antics didn’t sound so bad when compared to the boy called Heiro, who sounded like a real troublemaker. “I can show him how to get in trouble the good way,” the golden wolfdog offered, his tail wagging behind him. There was a difference, after all; even if Skoll liked a good prank from time to time, he cared about the wellbeing of his friends more than getting a good laugh. “You might want to keep him away from Terra, though; she’ll just give him bad ideas.” He grinned.

Word Count → 311

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 382 OOC: Wheefun

Niro smiled as Skoll made his idle comment about the color green. It was a nice color, seen everywhere, in most every plant. Even in the eyes of Niro himself, though he didn’t really admire his own eyes. He was more interested in his mates purple colors. Though it was seen as a female color, he liked it as it was a rarely seen thing. Never in winter or fall, but popped up in spring and summer here and there in the flowered plants or even some of the leaves of plants. He liked rare colors.

At the mention of Terra Niro frowned. He had lectured the woman about going up to somoene’s pup especiallly his own. She had no idea what her intentions were but she had entirely ignored Niro and then in a way put him down. He wasn’t so sure he liked her too much and his idea of her didn’t get better when Skoll spoke of her.

“Well I do hope you don’t follow such actions too much. They could get you into trouble.”

His mood lightened though and he smiled at Skolls words. Niro wanted the boy out of any trouble possible but he went ahead and nodded.

“I’m sure you’ll be a good influence. I have met Terra and she has met my son Heiro. She has given a bad enough impression on me that I do not think she’ll try too hard to get near my pup again.”

He said. Though he wasn’t so sure, she seemed like a sly creature, and much of her was unknown to Niro that he didn’t have a good enough grasp on her to know what she was doing in Cour des Miracles, but they weren’t here for her no. He was more inclined to get to know Skoll more.

“So what have you been up to other than trouble? It’s nice to know you have joined the adults. Are you hunting? Have any future plans? Any girlfriends?”

At the last question he winked at Skoll in a sly smile of his own. He doubted the boy had anyone in mind. He was still far to young to be courting the ladies as of yet.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

The white-furred adult scolded him lightly, and Skoll snapped his ears down to appease the male. “Tell me about it,” he said, honesty coming through in his tone. “I was actually terrified. I mean, it was crazy, like—thrilling, that’s the word—but I thought that she was crazy.” He hoped this would show Niro that he wasn’t as irresponsible as his friend; he wouldn’t dream of doing the same to a puppy friend of his own.

He still couldn’t find it in himself to dislike Terra for her often risky actions, however; she outsmarted death with admirable skill. A little bit of him still idolized her for this, even if he was beginning to learn from the adults around him that it was a bit too risky to be real fun. For a good-natured, obedient prince in a peaceful pack, however, it was about all the danger he needed.

Niro continued to talk about Terra, adding that she probably wouldn’t be around to influence Heiro more than she had. The boy hunched his shoulders uncomfortably, embarrassed on behalf of his trickster friend, but he still nodded. Maybe he’d show Heiro how to do pranks and other tricks without risk of hurting those he cared about. The elaborate traps Terra made were dangerous, but stuffing a rabbit with grass or smearing berry juice on a sleeping grownup’s face was safer and still could be entertaining.

“I can show him other ways to have fun,” Skoll suggested out loud, mainly trying to wrap the uncomfortable (for him) subject up. He would have to see his half-niece and half-nephew, he knew, just to see what they were like firsthand and play more. It’d been too long since he’d really been able to act like a kid with other kids; Hati was withdrawn, often clinging to their mother, and Lottie spent all her time around Vigilante (which made Skoll more than a little jealous).

“I hunted this rabbit!” the wolfdog said cheekily, nudging the one he’d given up on eating; the conversation was far more interesting than their surroundings. “But I haven’t really taken down anything big yet. I want to, though… Maybe we could hunt together sometime.” He wagged his tail and continued to answer the questions out of order. “And I’ve been reading some and taking care of my horse, Hwin. Alder taught me how to do that and how to ride her, too, but she’s really, really stubborn sometimes.”

And then the last question—which made Skoll gulp and avert his eyes. “I have a girl friend,” he offered, putting clear emphasis on the space between the words. “Adelle—she’s from Casa di Cavalieri, and we spar together, because she’s training to be a warrior and stuff. She’s, um, really good and brave, and she’s strong enough to beat me up.” He circled his paw in the grass, shy. While it was true that he was too young to have truly intimate feelings for the girl, it was obvious that there was a puppy crush involved.

Word Count → 506

You get an instareply novel only because I'm working on getting Skoll's post count up, and I'm going on vacation tomorrow. xD So you can take your time posting back!

<style>
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:10px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:466 OOC: No worries Big Grin

It was clear the subject made Skoll more or less uncomfortable with Niro’s reaction to her name so all he could do was just give a curt nod. Good enough to show Skoll was being responsible for his own life, and to say the subject was ended indefinitely. Niro smiled at the young man as he offered to show Heiro how to have fun and nodded. He doubted he would put his own nephew in any danger.

“Maybe even Tasha, she needs to be stimulated as well. She could use a bit of fun now and again.”

And get her off his back sometimes. He let out a slight laugh, not one directed at the young man as he spoke of catching the rabbit, but one of joy. He loved hunting. He lived for it and to go at it again in a large group, well it was coming in the near future he was sure!

“Well we’ll have to see about making you a wing man in the next pack hunt. I use to be the huntsman when I was here. I hope to take that position back up. Perhaps you can show your skills in our next pack hunt.”

Niro said. Most of the wolves tended to take care of themselves, though Niro did get smaller prey for those who did work for the pack that involved other things and had little time to hunt. He did not think of them as below the pack, but as a working apart of it. Without any of his pack members they would not be a pack at all. He would surely gather together a pack hunt soon though.

It seemed Marahute felt it was time to come down as he heard the flapping in her wings as she came in from behind him and gripped his shoulder. He was not ready for her so couldn’t brace for her in time and cringed as he talons moved to their normal spot.

“Can’t you rest somewhere that has leather on it girl?”

He asked glaring at Marahute and holding out his arm so it would be less painful. The bird was larger than Niro’s own head, her talons were able to go almost halfway around the man’s forearm. She was possibly the largest bird in all of Nova Scotia.

“And this is my oldest “daughter”. I hatched her from an egg. Marahute is the only raptor I have right now but soon there will be more.”

Niro said, a happy note in his voice. His love for birds showed on his face as he looked over at the large one eyeing Skoll with one eye, looking him up and down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

“Yeah, Tasha,” Skoll agreed with another wag of his curling tail. He didn’t know if he’d be a good playmate for a girl puppy, as he’d always had some issues playing with Lottie when she was preoccupied with girl-stuff (like staying clean, or being too slow to outrun him), but the thought of the lessened responsibility to be a good influence might make up for that.

His grin broadened again at mention of being a wingman in the pack hunt. “Maybe I’ll steal your old job,” he suggested, raising his brows but completely joking. Although there was ambition and dominance in the young wolfdog, he wouldn’t dream of usurping an adult’s position; he was getting older, but the likes of Vigilante and Niro were still almost godlike to him: infallible, worthy of their positions, meant to stay on the pedestals they’d climbed. “You’ll have to show me your tricks, though,” he added hopefully, wondering if he could spend more time with his brother-in-law now than he had when he was very little.

The shadow of the great eagle fell upon them, and instinctually Skoll stepped back, his head low and the golden hackles rising on his neck. He wasn’t afraid or suspicious of the raptor only because he knew who she was, but it was still odd to see the absolutely giant bird alighting on the wolf’s shoulder and causing Niro to wince.

Trying to meet Marahute’s gaze in a bold but unchallenging manner, the boy quickly became distracted and blinked at Niro. “More?” he asked, grinning. He wondered if he’d want to have a bird of his own; definitely, he’d been eager to have a horse ever since he learned what they were. A bird of prey might be too odd of company, though, and he didn’t see himself bonding with one like Niro had bonded with Marahute. “Hard is it to train birds?”

Word Count → 315

---

<style>
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:10px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 275 we can start to wind this down so they can has a new fresh thread Big Grin

“She is a good pup, I’m sure she’ll love any games you teach her. She’s pretty good at rough and tumbling with Heiro, I think she wins most of the time, but I wouldn’t tell Heiro that.”

Niro said with a little chuckle at the man who seemed a little aprehensive, at least the way his words were. Then he gave an out right laugh shaking his head, grinning.

“I’m the best hunter out here! You’ll have a good long ways to go to take my job, but I suppose I could teach someone some of my tricks soon enough.”

He said giving the man an elbow with his free one. THe bird felt the movement and to keep her balance moved her wings a little nad protested in Niro’s sudden movement. She pecked lightly at his cheek fur, and then looked at Skoll with an eye, turning to her other eye and moving her head back and forth.

“Yes, though I doubt anyone will be as big as my Marahute here, she’s well taken care of since birth. And yes they are quite hard to tame. They have enormous egos. You have to be nice to them or they will never trust you. And food, always have food with you.”

Niro said. Like many birds the raptors had to learn to trust and with one bad motion, one would have to start over again. It had been a learning process when he caught Tobias first. He had lost his trust two times before finally learning how to not offend the redtailed hawk.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]